Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Next

Discuss things here!

Dungeon Patch disussion 12/3

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ratty.5176

Ratty.5176

We just had a Fractal Run after the patch, when we got to the final seal we got the boss down to 75% and then no mobs spawned at all, so there was nothing to hit with the hammer to charge it.

Posted by: Outlaw.3421

Outlaw.3421

I can confirm this. After the patch, our group dropped the Archdiviner to 75% and then he dropped the hammer, stayed stunned, but no mobs spawned to charge the hammer.

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

Patching broke Cliffside. Final seal is untouchable since adds don’t spawn.

Might I suggest permanently breaking the login server as part of the next patch.

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Previous

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Next

We’re aware of the Cliffside issue and are trying to find a speedy resolution.

DancingPenguins.9875

We’re aware of the Cliffside issue and are trying to find a speedy resolution.

Hotfix or another patch? Any luck seeing it within the next few hours?

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Previous

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Problem: The Novices aren’t spawning during the final boss fight, prohibiting players from charging the hammer and breaking the seal.

We’re aware of the problem and are working on it. It does not effect 100% of the players. If you engage/agro the Novices before the boss takes the hammer back from you at the start, that seems to cause the issue when it does happen.

Meanwhile we have found a workaround while we try to resolve the problem with a patch. If the entire party wipes and restarts from the checkpoint, it could fix the problem.

(edited by Robert Hrouda.1327)

DancingPenguins.9875

We tried the workaround twice, it didn’t work.

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

Problem: Patches are not being tested.
Solution: Test your Patches.

Sorry, but the last set of patches have really destroyed my good faith in ANet. I came into GW2 as a fresh player, never having played GW1. The way ANet has been acting, I am glad I didn’t.

Posted by: fancy dagger feast.7520

fancy dagger feast.7520

Everyone is able to have their oppinions however this is something to think about: Guild Wars 1 was a game created where you were instanced where only you and your party got a copy of the map and all its mobs. with this being said GW1 had very little need for on the fly hotfixes because many of its areas had been combed through and many of its updates to an area would simply change a quest but not mess with other active quests in the game (to my knowledge)

Guild wars 2 on the other hand is a whole other beast where you change one quest or event and it can have long lasting bugs or unintended effects to pre-existing contact. With a large part of the community finding these bugs and reporting them now it creates a list for the testers and developers to look at and proritise based on how game/economy breaking this bug or unintended accident ranks in their list. Obviously the Guild wars 2 staff has alot of different teams working on content so it is hard to find all the game breaking things first round through testing. I think for the enormity of the game (keeping low level content fun while entertaining 80’s) the ANet team has done a good job to work on fixes.

If a dungeon is broke or bugged to do stuff its not supposted to Report it here and go and do another dungeon and try your luck at that one. You never know you might get a nice exotic with an expensive sigil/rune on it or even a couple Elemental core/lodestone.

Don’t forget your Magic/Coin find food and happy Crawling

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

iBerserker is not fixed at all (broken since the patch before this one). It still often misses its attacks even on a dummy.
All mesmer phantasm are broken now. They don’t start attacking until at least 1 or 2 seconds after being summoned which is plenty of time to have them killed.
The fix on the boon traits (fury/retaliation/regen) seems to work though but the range of the regen proc is really really short (something around 200 radius).

This class is getting more and more unplayable outside of a shatter build with every patch (and I’m not even talking about the block/blind changes which is just a joke tbh). Are you planing to do anything regarding these issues in the near future?

Posted by: dhodgie.6285

dhodgie.6285

I’m almost offended you added this patch before you fixed players who crash in fractals who cannot rejoin their group (the number one issue with fractals before you added this patch) and instead added a patch which was undoubtedly not properly tested.

In the future please fix pressing issues first, then fix the dumb bugs, and before release test it to the full extent.

Posted by: Xarog.3172

Xarog.3172

@ Devs

Please consider adding a test client and a test server where players can copy their characters in order to test patches before they go live. I am sure that there are more than enough players willing to test the fixes so that silly mistakes get fixed before they get ported to the live servers.

Posted by: Eleazyair.5716

Eleazyair.5716

This is a joke. Each patch is getting worse and worse. What is happening at Anet??

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

Problem: Patches are not being tested.
Solution: Test your Patches.

I am pretty sure ANet does some amount of internal testing for patches. Please be aware that more tests inevitably lead to even longer response times from ANet. And also think of what this would mean to many people crying out for hotfixes instead of patches (“Any luck seeing it within the next few hours?”), where hotfixing essentially means fixing immediately without much testing.

Also, if you look at the problem at hand, Robert Hrouda’s comment indicates that it seems to trigger only in very specific circumstances. Such problems tend to slip through internal testing quite occasionally (and thats the reason why beta testing can be very effective).

Please consider adding a test client and a test server where players can copy their characters in order to test patches before they go live. I am sure that there are more than enough players willing to test the fixes so that silly mistakes get fixed before they get ported to the live servers.

I am not sure how this would fit into the given WvW, overflow, etc. server architecture, but I think this idea has its merit.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

Posted by: Black Wolf.7348

Black Wolf.7348

Thank you so much for wasting my time Anet.

We were a party on level 20 fractal. On our 3rd map when all died being dolphins one of the party members suddenly found himself out of hte dungeon. normal disconnect we thought.

Completed the 3rd map and went to bonus map. At the start after loading screen about 10 seconds later Lions arch loading screen pops up and me and another person in the party find ourselves in Lions Arch. FOR NO OBVIOUS REASON. we got kicked out by non other than you Anet. probably those “bug” fixes in the latest update created new bugs or problems.

I have never heard or encountered anything like it up til today.

so now i have to redo all of fractal 20 to even get a chance of a ring. waste a lot more time and effort. Time I dont have today. thank you so much. yes i did deliver a bug report in game but that doesnt do much since my time is already wasted.

Posted by: dhodgie.6285

dhodgie.6285

This is a joke. Each patch is getting worse and worse. What is happening at Anet??

maybe SOE or Bioware is taking over lol. Seriously though, they should not be pumping out un-tested patches.

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Thanks for permanently putting Simin on easymode farm status.

Hardest boss to easiest faceroll in one short patch.

Posted by: patasde.6087

patasde.6087

Sorows Embrace path 1 – what about that insane mob spawn at first boss…. more than month and no group able to do this i want finish my achivement this year…..

Posted by: Ratty.5176

Ratty.5176

Since the patch I’m getting loading screens that never end. I’ve attempted FotM 3 times and each time at some point I just get a loading screen that never ends, and can’t get back into the team.

I got 250 Fractals a couple of days back, and have never had this issue before.

(edited by Ratty.5176)

Posted by: Joel.5912

Joel.5912

Sorows Embrace path 1 – what about that insane mob spawn at first boss…. more than month and no group able to do this i want finish my achivement this year…..

Nothing is wrong about Sorrow’s Embrace path 1; actually it’s even one of the most enjoyable dungeons, we do it very often. Just get a strong enough team and rush first golem boss and then skip your way to the next one. The foes won’t cross your way once you reach there.

Regarding patch, good that AC got fixed I suppose but Arah Jotun path is still often bugged and you can’t receive reward.

Posted by: Smajdalf.9475

Smajdalf.9475

dont know if all the patches and fixes were documented in the patch notes, so just throwing in my five cents about issues i encountered while dungeon crawling

CoE explorable, path 2 and 3: as the destroyer was patched, only thing left is bugging the alpha on the final fight. Under mysterious circumstances (should be connected with a lot of ppl in melee range and cc usage) he bugs and stop moving, attacking and using all the skills except of essence release, making it literary a dummy fight. Unless he is ccd again in the state, can be killed afk.

Arah explorable, probably any path (encountered in path 2): Lupicus (as annoying as he is with sometimes invisible red circles in path 2, throwing them in three waves so your evade is likely to end up in the danger zone anyways, throwing grubs in phase 1 on minions, elementals, illusions – not using them – and the NPC – hard to not use – making them unkillable) is pretty easy avoider. Can see when 4 ppl are running from a waypoint and one poor soul kites him all over the room, that he loses aggro and heals up. When such thing happens in phase 1, when all the group is standing still at 900 range hitting him hard, not cool for me. Also, the locust summoning pattern is weird, some attempts there are hardly any, in others they can cause a wipe due to vast numbers of them coming at once.

SE explorable path 1: as i can completely understand, that the pre-patch situation, with one person kiting a single grenadier or waiting out the reinforcements before the first robot boss wasnt cool, dont think the current state is better. Fighting the endless waves before reaching the boss is interesting mechanism, and im totally into it. Damage race with the boss, be4 enough of groups come to wipe your party is not that cool. Tried several ways, speed nuke wasnt speedy enough, with a constant harrass from the boss killing the endless flow of patrolls while dealing only minor damage to the boss wasnt an option as well. Read someting about stealth-cheating it, with multiple thieves, ash legion spy kits etc., tried several times and not worked either. Dont know if you re happy with the way it is now, if its working as intended. IMO the patrols should stop the moment you aggro the boss. Anyways, even if its working as it should, such a challenging fight should be found in arah or some other lv 80 dungeon, having to get through it at dung designed for lvls 65 seems a bit off-the-chart to me.

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Nothing is wrong about Sorrow’s Embrace path 1; actually it’s even one of the most enjoyable dungeons, we do it very often. Just get a strong enough team and rush first golem boss and then skip your way to the next one. The foes won’t cross your way once you reach there.

Regarding patch, good that AC got fixed I suppose but Arah Jotun path is still often bugged and you can’t receive reward.

Sure nothing’s wrong when the first objective is to defeat the incoming waves of inquest and well, the waves never stop.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

Meanwhile we have found a workaround while we try to resolve the problem with a patch. If the entire party wipes and restarts from the checkpoint, it could fix the problem.

I’m sorry but I just laughed so hard at this! You call this “a workaround”? Wipe the party is a workaround? LMAO

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

I’m sorry but I just laughed so hard at this! You call this “a workaround”? Wipe the party is a workaround? LMAO

If you dont get it, he means let all the party members die. And yes it is workaround if it is working around.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

I’m honestly a bit surprised the RNG for ascended is still in and that the connection bug hasn’t been fixed.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

Posted by: Lahteedah.7615

Lahteedah.7615

We did this work around for Cliffside twice last night. No adds spawned. Third time finally we saw some. Now for a level 10 fractal this one is horribly difficult. Most groups I know see Cliffside and want to bail back to the lab. Might want to refix this paticular hotfix.

Posted by: Black Wolf.7348

Black Wolf.7348

Vulcano and drege is already maps everyone avoids due to the difficulties and the fact that these maps take too much time regardless how good your group is. Unless cliffside get a fix asap most people will avoid it as much as possible. Just like vulcano and drege.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Thanks for permanently putting Simin on easymode farm status.

Hardest boss to easiest faceroll in one short patch.

If you mean that she failed to stealth and heal plus not even attacking, it was happening before the patch on rare basis.

Iehova.9518

If you mean that she failed to stealth and heal plus not even attacking, it was happening before the patch on rare basis.

Well, it’s now happening on a reliable enough basis to put her on permanent farm.

Alpha as well.

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

Well, it’s now happening on a reliable enough basis to put her on permanent farm.

Alpha as well.

Same thing with the Arah boss “Wraithlord Mage Crusher”
Was our guilds first time Arah explorable path 3..
But the boss was frozen and didn’t do a single attack..
Also the red circles on the floor didn’t do anything.
No idea if this was known already or since this patch.

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

Iehova.9518

Oh yeah, Bjarl’s still borked. He hits pillars about 50% of the time.

Just put Alpha in his place until you can fix him.

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

If you dont get it, he means let all the party members die. And yes it is workaround if it is working around.

Apparently you don’t get it. My entire party has to die to temp fix the bug they introduced when they fixed another bug?
And yes, technically it is a workaround but a very, very, very (and I can’t stress this enough) very lousy one. I shouldn’t have to die (nor my entire party for that matter) to be able to finish one boss that they’ve “fixed”. The workaround would be “… don’t attack the minions before the boss takes the hammer from you” (and this has been said to be the cause) not “die. all of you. just die (canned laughter)” to be able to normally play.

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

Posted by: Warskull.3096

Warskull.3096

Sorrow’s Embrace path 1 is left broken with multiple infinitely spawning mobs. How is this an acceptable patch? We are lucky to get one dungeon patch a month and you fail to address long standing issues.

In fact, dungeon bugs seem to be getting introduced faster than they are getting patched with the long patch cycle and incomplete patches.

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

Hello Robert,

I sent you a PM of a terrain exploit that I have experienced in my recent dungeon run. It has the details of how to perform it.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Same thing with the Arah boss “Wraithlord Mage Crusher”
Was our guilds first time Arah explorable path 3..
But the boss was frozen and didn’t do a single attack..
Also the red circles on the floor didn’t do anything.
No idea if this was known already or since this patch.

There are known safe spot near where he stands. Red circles do nothing until he explodes them (except one red circle attack he uses but he needs line of sight so that attack won’t be used when you’re in safe spot).

Posted by: Nechoh.9312

Nechoh.9312

Is it just me or weren’t many of us expecting a major fix/creation of a lfg/queuing system for dungeons? Its baffling how it is still not incorporated into gw2 because LA is a mess and takes too long to set anything up…..

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

The patch broke Ascalon catacomb waypoint.It was Priory camp waypoint that got moved out of map.so you end up porting in a wired zone

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j343/LONGA0813/gw108.jpg

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

Urban Battlefield/Ascalon Fractal: Is there no more NPC Charr helping you now? or are we just bugged?

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Posted by: Geoffroy.3685

Geoffroy.3685

The patch broke Ascalon catacomb waypoint.It was Priory camp waypoint that got moved out of map.so you end up porting in a wired zone

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j343/LONGA0813/gw108.jpg

I concur.

Also, I tried Path 2 of AC yesterday night with guild mates, and the event when you have to protect Detha in the Flooded Cathedral didn’t launch. We couldn’t progress so we had to abort. Trying to talk to her only gave a generic greeting response.

One of my guildmates told us that the same thing happened to him with Path 1, when you have to protect Hodgins.

Amelia Ivardottir — Falconeer (Greatsword & Bows Ranger) — Volcanus
Emmeline Ivardottir — Duelist (Sword & Focus Mesmer) — Sunrise / The Anomaly

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I would love to see a solution to the problem where players are forced to commit suicide in order to resurrect the rest of their party during Fractals. Why can’t they release and respawn if they made an unfortunate tumble into the lava? Its not like I can go down there to help them back up.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: tytons.4317

tytons.4317

anyone notice fractal run is alot harder at lvl 10? the amount of dmg done by agony is insane…and i did it before before the 12/3 patch without any resistance. Now with 5 resist im dying alot more.