Dungeon Player Matching System Needed

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

Since dungeons require a group, a matching system similar to the sPvP one is required.

My daughter who has limited playtime got her character to lvl 30 with the goal to try AC — only to find she couldn’t get a group for AC even though she asked in map chat several times. Not a single response.

She isn’t able to play often enough to get a steady group of friends or get into a good Guild. She is a skilled MMO player so I think she would handle AC ok.

This idea is NOT MEANT for hardcore players who have regular friends. This is for the more casual players which are the majority. Although this could work for hardcore players by matching with similar skilled players. So hardcore players could be matched up with those who are above a certain level and have completed the dungeon a certain number of times. This would eliminate the problem of elitists being nasty to the Noobs in the group.

Posted by: DKP.4196

DKP.4196

Agreed, a matching system for dungeons are needed. However in the meantime, joining a dungeon oriented Guild might help.

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

Posted by: Bleeds.4029

Bleeds.4029

The “join a guild” thing bothers me. I have been randomly invited to join about 5 guilds. I know nothing about these guilds, and I am not sure if I even want to. Perhaps I am too discriminating as it relates to what guild I will join, but that’s my right. Here’s my take;

I pre-purchase the game and start playing. As I’ve been leveling, I have been trying to watch for what I would deem to be stand-out guilds that I see doing things that appeal to me. In 76 levels, I haven’t found a guild that I am sure about. In this same amount of time, I have not done a single dungeon, though I would like to. I see on occasion people spamming for others to join in dungeon groups, but usually they have something to say like, “looking for tank-type that doesn’t suck.” Automatic no go for me because it indicates that they are the type that is a great player in their own mind and it will be a total headache. Secondly to this, I rarely watch chat because I am busy playing the game so I have no idea how long ago they were looking for players.

I would prefer to just queue up like i can for WvW or sPvP. At least going in, everyone knows its a pug and we’ll be matched up based on random factor. In this setting, I’ll still get the full-of-themselves whiners, but not always. It’s more simple for me also which is a good thing. By simple I mean time-saving. As a person working a full-time job with kids, I can’t sit at my computer all day everyday. I’ll join a guild eventually, in the meantime, I’d like to get down to some more content.

Posted by: Paragus.5948

Paragus.5948

I was frankly shocked when I read they don’t have any plans for this. This seems like a common sense feature that should be a no-brainer in a game that supports cross server play in dungeons.

Paragus Rants
MMORPG.com Featured Blog Writer
Co-Leader of Inquisition (Jade Quarry)

Posted by: Fluffycalico.2715

Fluffycalico.2715

they already said no

Posted by: Musthavename.7568

Musthavename.7568

It just needs some sort of global lobby system where players can look for groups, even if it doesn’t magically pair people up.

I don’t have huge amounts of playtime. I don’t want to go to each dungeon’s map with waypoint costs and spam map chat and sit around in a zone I don’t want to be in. With cross server play there’s no reason not to have some cross server lobby system, yet we don’t even have anything extending beyond the local map!

Posted by: skaaz.4281

skaaz.4281

There is a guild you can join just to help find a group for the dungeons. I can’t find the link at the moment. I’ll get back to you soon.

It’s really the only decent way to get in a group for them. Your not required to represent at all. Just have to to use the guild chat to join the chat channel. It will save you from having to run around spamming map chat.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Dungeon-guild-for-organising-crossserver-runs/first#post212342

Member of Cradle Guard

(edited by skaaz.4281)

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

they already said no

Please indicate where Anet already said no to this idea.

If indeed they are totally inflexible, then they aren’t listening to their players.

Posted by: Potent.2369

Potent.2369

If it’s true that Arenanet said no to this, then did they mention a reason why? Can you link the source of this information?

On my level 80 character I would love to play the occassional dungeon – but I don’t have the time nor the inclination to stand around looking for a group, or to organise runs every time I want to play. To be frank, the games expectation of me to do so is ridiculous, and it completely spoils the fun and immersion. In my opinion it is no more different or stupid than the notion of looking for players for SPVP, or WvW, yet adequate queueing systems exist for those – why should dungeons be any different? Because I might not pull my weight in a group, or deem others to not be pulling their weight? Because WoW got there first? Please, don’t treat players like kids – put in place the systems necessary to minimise time wasting/boredom and maximise fun.

Posted by: EdGe.6510

EdGe.6510

Well…Even if they already did say no,it doesn’t change the fact that, the game needs a Dungeon “matchmaking” system still lol….It needs one….Seriously,For all the reasons already stated, and then some.