Dungeon Runners Kicking at End

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Alex.4130

Alex.4130

This is starting to get out of hand now… I find myself SCARED to run Arah dungeons now with pugs. out of the past 5 runs… i have been kicked out of 3 of them at the last boss, only to see not 30 seconds later a post from someone in my party stating “Selling Arah P1 slots 3g each.” What has happened to this community?

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

You know what’s the funniest part about all the complaining threads?

The more of them are posted, the more of them keep getting posted.

It’s almost as if complaining about this gave PUGs the idea to start doing it.

Now, unless you provide proof, I’m going to assume you’re just a bad player who got kicked because he was being carried.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Alex.4130

what do you guys want? a screenshot of the loading screen for cursed shore? party chat gets wiped. the only thing I’ve been able to do is add on to my friends list everybody I run with in the event i do get kicked, so i actually have something to report.
It seems to me though that the more threads that are posted means that the more it is happening,

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

what do you guys want? a screenshot of the loading screen for cursed shore? party chat gets wiped. the only thing I’ve been able to do is add on to my friends list everybody I run with in the event i do get kicked, so i actually have something to report.
It seems to me though that the more threads that are posted means that the more it is happening,

And the fact that it is happening more when more threads are being posted means that the threads being posted bring people on the idea to do this.

Cookie and some other friends of mine are honest dungeon runners that solo/duo/trio/4man dungeons and drop at the end however many players they want, voluntarily, in order to sell the spots for PUGs and make money.

There are several people that often visit the dungeon subforum that have such a service. The thing is that people like you assume everyone that sells dungeon spots is someone who kicked PUGs from their team, which is demonstrably false.

I suggest that instead of complaining about it happening, whenever you do Arah, you take screenshots of your party chat when you go in, just in case, and don’t post on here, because you’re going to achieve less than nothing. Devs/mods don’t read these forums. We don’t really sympathize with you if you don’t provide proof, and insult us with generalizations. And posting more about it means more people will read it and more people might get the idea to start doing this.

So your options are:

- Keep on PUGing, but take your precautions so you can get them banned for it and stop posting pointless threads about this.

- Stop PUGing and join a good dungeon guild so this doesn’t happen to you anymore.

- Keep on PUGing, and don’t take precautions, but keep insinuating things without proof, and in the mean time potentially give malicious people the idea to do this practice.

One of these 3 is a bad idea. The other 2 aren’t. Up to you to decide which one’s which.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

I pug a lot, it never happens to me. The only times I ever got kicked from a party, were :

1/ During the very early days of fractal, and I wasn’t kicked during the run but at start when joining parties because people hated thieves and my only char at the time was a thief
2/ The only time I’ve been kicked mid run I was kinda asking for it because I complained against one of the party members who was dying all the time doing things like aggroing all the ice elementals and I didn’t know he had a friend in the party.

You know, when I hear about these stories I always think there must be more to it. Like a very, very solid reason for kicking you out.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Posted by: ParnAshwind.4823

ParnAshwind.4823

Ultimately, if Anet gets fed up – they will implement a strictly no trading between player policy – all trade goes through trading post.

Nope, cant send items or gold to any user via mail. That should solve everything, including gold sellers.

Hrmf…. not a bad idea come to think of it.

Alex.4130

And the fact that it is happening more when more threads are being posted means that the threads being posted bring people on the idea to do this.

Cookie and some other friends of mine are honest dungeon runners that solo/duo/trio/4man dungeons and drop at the end however many players they want, voluntarily, in order to sell the spots for PUGs and make money.

There are several people that often visit the dungeon subforum that have such a service. The thing is that people like you assume everyone that sells dungeon spots is someone who kicked PUGs from their team, which is demonstrably false.

I suggest that instead of complaining about it happening, whenever you do Arah, you take screenshots of your party chat when you go in, just in case, and don’t post on here, because you’re going to achieve less than nothing. Devs/mods don’t read these forums. We don’t really sympathize with you if you don’t provide proof, and insult us with generalizations. And posting more about it means more people will read it and more people might get the idea to start doing this.

Yes I know you guys run a “legit” dungeon running thingy… but Im not sure where this “insult you with generalizations” come from. You guys are being remarkably defensive on this topic. kind of makes me wonder how “legit” your service really is.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

kind of makes me wonder how “legit” your service really is.

Doesn’t get much more legit than doing a 3 man p2 on stream with 100 viewers o_O

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Alex.4130

seems legit then… why be so defenisive on this topic then.. if your not doing it then why do you feel the need to claim it doesn’t happen?

Posted by: VenomousEX.4012

VenomousEX.4012

Now, unless you provide proof, I’m going to assume you’re just a bad player who got kicked because he was being carried.

Most of the kicking was probably because of that.

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

They get fed up with this topic because these are the same people who respond to every thread in the dungeon subforum. Basically what they want you to do is shut up and take it up to Anet because you are making us look bad. The generalization you made is referring to the “community,” which rightfully so, includes them.

Honestly I don’t take think it’s a widespread problem but it does happen. Happened to me in fractals.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Get kicked, join party within seconds, party is full.

Bingo!

Ps. happened to my gf last week. Already reported the player. Because logic says that if you are carrying someone you will wait till the very end to kick them.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

Bright is right, these things started happening more and more when people assumed that others kicked instead of soloing/duoing/triong, and people need to to check the link in my signature more, it’s there for a reason…

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

I pug Arah almost everyday and I’ve never been kicked. I’m not saying it doesn’t happen, I believe it does. I just don’t understand the frequency with which people are saying this is occurring. I even pug p1 and p4 and have never once had this happen. Yet people are coming on here saying they’ve been kicked 3 times in one day. If that’s truly happening, stop pugging and find some friends or a guild.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

No proof, but it’s definitely not beyond so many players out there to do this.

Denying it happens is totally ignorant, purely because you’re a person who has the luxury of 5-friend teams every run.

People need to wisen up and avoid any suspicious groups. Regularly look at players who are selling Arah slots on the LFG and write their usernames in a notepad. Joining an Arah group with a person on that list? Leave.

I highly doubt they’d leave it until the end to kick someone who was being carried.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

(edited by Flissy.4093)

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

I highly doubt you got kicked out of 3/5 groups. You probably got kicked once and then made up some numbers because you were angry. But yeah to be fair if he is getting kicked at the very end for being carried then that’s still pretty scumbagish.

[DnT]

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

They just need to change the kick limit from 2 people to 3. Problem solved.

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

They just need to change the kick limit from 2 people to 3. Problem solved.

And make it so that you can downvote a kick.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Just implement an “anti-carry” code where the game checks your DPS against everyone else’s. If you’re not doing enough, a red message appears going “IF YOU DO NOT START CARRYING YOUR OWN WEIGHT WITHIN 50 SECONDS YOU WILL BE KICKED”.

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

This just happened.

Oh, and then people come in and vote kick Cookie and throw us out of the dungeon. Looks like we wasted our time 3 manning the path. kittening scum.

Attachments:

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

(edited by TheMaskedParadigm.3629)

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

LMFAO

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Dungeon Runners Getting Kicked At End – This is probably what’s really happening.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

Just implement an “anti-carry” code where the game checks your DPS against everyone else’s. If you’re not doing enough, a red message appears going “IF YOU DO NOT START CARRYING YOUR OWN WEIGHT WITHIN 50 SECONDS YOU WILL BE KICKED”.

But i want to play how i want to play! Noob berserker babies always downing.

On another note: I recorded a CoF 1 run with a few buddies and convinced them to buy a full set of full Wayfarer’s armor, weapons + trinkets(MF/Vit/Toughness) + 6 pirate runes for it, as a last commemoration for Magic Find gear. We also all used “tanky”(super bad) builds and such. We didn’t wipe, but the run took us about 45 minutes. 20 minutes of which was on the effigy.

I’ll shorten/edit the footage and upload if i feel like it in the next few days.

The tropical birds outdps’d us hard

Attachments:

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

(edited by Emanuel.9781)

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

On another note: I recorded a CoF 1 run with a few buddies and convinced them to buy a full set of full Wayfarer’s armor, weapons + trinkets(MF/Vit/Toughness) + 6 pirate runes for it, as a last commemoration for Magic Find gear. We also all used “tanky”(super bad) builds and such. We didn’t wipe, but the run took us about 45 minutes. 20 minutes of which was on the effigy.

It’s somewhat invalidated when all your Wayfarer were Masterwork stats. It would be interesting to see what the difference would be in Exotic (with Ascended if they even exist …)

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

It’s somewhat invalidated when all your Wayfarer were Masterwork stats. It would be interesting to see what the difference would be in Exotic (with Ascended if they even exist …)

How so? I thought it’d be even better, since it’s even worse gear. Only noobs need exo gear.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Posted by: bartem.2731

bartem.2731

How so? I thought it’d be even better, since it’s even worse gear. Only noobs need exo gear.

I would just use burning with that gear as that’s how I like to play. I have a burner necro that’s uber sweet. I use staff #1 autoattack and the OP trait Dhuumfire to watch my enemies burn to ashes. On effigy, I got the chance to finish LOTR trilogy.