Dungeon Tour-CM P3-Video : 4.55¬Restricted

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

If it was posted properly we would have no reason not to approve it. Even though i personally dont agree with approving casual runs which are slower than others out there. Its a matter of principal.

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

I don’t get it. They submitted a record. Approve it and move on. “Oh it will lead to more people submitting bad records.” So? Approve them and move on. If you get frustrated enough to submit tuned record runs to replace them, good.

Whats funny is this ALREADY HAPPENED after the FGS reset when everyone uploaded their tournament practice runs as records to “fill in the leaderboard.” No one cared when it was DnT, SC and qT doing it.

Man up, approve the records and then beat them if the thought of having a casual run as a record annoys you.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

spoj.9672

I would if i could. But i cant watch twitch vods and i cant see the f11. If they want to re-submit it properly with all the info then they are free to do so. I recommend creating a new thread for that.

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

Yes, twitch vods are easy to upload directly to youtube. They should do that.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

I was already opposed to those but at least they did something different because that meta reset was fully needed (FGS nerf). I didn’t understand the reason behind resetting for slightly less power, the strategies are still the same and no record was exactly unbeatable.

But it’s not my job to approve them anyway, I just wanted to point out why putting these up is stupid from my point of view.

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

I would if i could. But i cant watch twitch vods and i cant see the f11. If they want to re-submit it properly with all the info then they are free to do so. I recommend creating a new thread for that.

Rather than creating a new thread – and getting a lot more discussion.

I have edited the thread to include the full tour which we have exported from the Twitch stream.

I didn’t ever see anything about ‘it has to be a youtube’ video and not a twitch stream (which is also a video). Perhaps this needs clarification for people ?

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

spoj.9672

Twitch is valid apart from the fact that i cannot watch it myself without it freezing and skipping every second. So i personally cannot approve it. I cannot force someone else to do it either. And i dont fancy sifting through a huge vod of a whole tour just for an f11 with glitchy vod playback.

If you are really genuinely interested in submitting a record why dont you record a CM p3 on your next tour with the rules in mind? That way you make it easier for us by giving us all the info and you avoid all the complaints.

Im personally uncomfortable about using my free time to approve half ***ed records just because theres no prev record posted. And there are others who dont seem to like it either. Were being put in an uncomfortable position with this.

(edited by spoj.9672)

TPMN.1483

Twitch is valid apart from the fact that i cannot watch it myself without it freezing and skipping every second. So i personally cannot approve it. I cannot force someone else to do it either. And i dont fancy sifting through a huge vod of a whole tour just for an f11 with glitchy vod playback..

- Its going to be glitchy as I’m playing on a wooden potato (hell my UI sometimes flashs as a recording mechanism).
- Please enlighten me why youtube is better than Twitch? (I dont see any difference)
—> We are exporting it to the youtube and its taking time to process (not much I can do about that)

If you are really genuinely interested in submitting a record why dont you record a CM p3 on your next tour with the rules in mind? That way you make it easier for us by giving us all the info and you avoid all the complaints.

Im personally uncomfortable about using my free time to approve half ***ed records just because theres no prev record posted. And there are others who dont seem to like it either. Were being put in an uncomfortable position with this.

The rules need better clarification – hell I’m a noob and know this but come on we’re going to have HOT & New Trait resets coming in soon.

spoj.9672

Im telling you I have problems with twitch playback. It freezes the video and skips ahead. While the sound plays normally. Might not be as bad for everyone. But that plus the fact that i have to wait for it to fully buffer before i can even attempt to watch it normally is a big reason i wont do it.

Yes the rules need better clarification. And Weth has ideas on how to resolve that. Changes will definitely happen ready for HoT. Things are slow at the moment so you cant really expect us to organise meetings and such when noone is interested in records currently.

(edited by spoj.9672)

TPMN.1483

Thats why I also exported it to youtube (its finished processing) – have fun.

This thread has at least helped iron out a few technical difficulties and the reasons why – which is great for the discussion.

(edited by TPMN.1483)

Posted by: BlackDragon.3752

BlackDragon.3752

i dont know the trip cm p3 of tournament was faster so this is actually not a real record

Yui [SC] (Kirasia)

Posted by: Subi.8014

Subi.8014

i dont know the trip cm p3 of tournament was faster so this is actually not a real record

Subi [qT]

Posted by: BlackDragon.3752

BlackDragon.3752

ya this one ty and qT never wanted it as record i think dunno tho

Yui [SC] (Kirasia)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Thoughts:

• If a submitted video series meets all of the requirements of the restricted or unrestricted ruleset, it should be approved regardless of volunteer time needed to do so or general player approval.
  • It takes substantially more time to approve a record from a new group of players than an established group of players because we have to create record table entries for every player in your run(s) and every character that player uses in your run(s).
  • All approvers are volunteers, and part of why they volunteer is because they enjoy speed clears. If a record is “casual” or less exciting, it is less likely to motivate them, and that combined with the previous increase in time to approve makes it less likely they’ll volunteer their time to do it in a timely manner.
  • I would love it if approving were incentivized. It takes a lot of time and people as a general rule take it for granted.

Notes about this run:

• Twitch VODs can only be used as video evidence if they are cut down to just the path being approved. We can’t tell people viewing the records on the website to “start at X:XX and end at Y:YY”, and therefore we will not approve from them.
  • There is no timer and the video is twitchy. I cannot properly time the run because it’s unclear if frames were being skipped by whatever program formatted the video. Furthermore, the time of the YT video doesn’t match the times of the VODs… So something is weird here and I cannot approve this in its current form. Note, in case you’re curious, this issue creates a violation of Rule #1 in all record formats.

Hopefully that addresses all questions.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

TPMN.1483

Apologies – there is a timer – the only bit that twitches is the UI.

From the RULES:
1) For a record to be valid, the time must be faster than the current record displayed and the record must be accompanied by a video for evidence/proof; one point of view is sufficient.

a. Videos may not be sped up or slowed down, and must be captured in normal time.

You must display the game build at some point in your video to show when your run was done. This can be done before, during, or after the run. You can do this by showing your F11 (options) menu at some point in your video.

c. There must be at least one PoV that shows what’s going on within the dungeon, from start to finish. If at any point there is no video evidence of activities within the run, it’ll be denied.

The timer remains stable at all times.

What you are suggesting here about cut down to just the path being approved – is just additional rules – which are great for progressing a system moving forward.

We also have the guardian POV (for the twitch stream without any flickers) which honestly suffices and can verify build from the other twitch stream.

I’m hearing a lot of excuses.

TPMN.1483

Notes about this run:

• Twitch VODs can only be used as video evidence if they are cut down to just the path being approved. We can’t tell people viewing the records on the website to “start at X:XX and end at Y:YY”, and therefore we will not approve from them.
  • There is no timer and the video is twitchy. I cannot properly time the run because it’s unclear if frames were being skipped by whatever program formatted the video. Furthermore, the time of the YT video doesn’t match the times of the VODs… So something is weird here and I cannot approve this in its current form. Note, in case you’re curious, this issue creates a violation of Rule #1 in all record formats.

Hopefully that addresses all questions.

We have been totally transparant about the slightly shortened run of the 4m38s as a seperate video as someone moved (by accident) and we waited for a reset. We are not even asking that as the time. The Timers (clocks) actually match here completly between the VOD (short video) and the twitch streams.

There is no violation of Rule #1 – as we are not even asking for the 4m38s run to be the proof.

We are taking the time from the complete tour which is slower as per the twitch streams.

On the 3-man run – I think it could easily be promoted to a ‘record’ run if its been recorded as such. In fact it would be glorious for people to know people still do this stuff like this on a frequent basis.

TPMN.1483

If you really want to start a video at a start time -

Here from the full-tour video of the stream which we uploaded to youtube:
https://youtu.be/KEUIQEP45YI?t=14m7s

The ‘version’ number from the full-tour video:
https://youtu.be/KEUIQEP45YI?t=1h

The go-to functionality on youtube could not be simplier.

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Still seems to me that this is “we cannot be bothered because you are not part of our elite core, and so are unsuitable for our elitist only records”.
You are making excuses and changing your minds between posts.
New rules are being added ad-hoc to deny people entry to your list of “records”.

All the discussion here has done is reinforce my view that, these records are entirely corrupted and therefore invalid.

It is clear the only reason they are publicly viewable, is to serve to stroke the egos of a select few.

At least this serves to highlight why there is so much anti elitism and meta-hate in gw2.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

spoj.9672

Rising gave you a reason. We cant verify the time with the quality of those videos. Not to mention the other issues.

Im happy to accept a record that is submitted properly. Instead of complaining and accusing us of corruption why dont you record another run? Its not like you put any effort into this one so there should be no issue with recording a second surely?

(edited by spoj.9672)

Posted by: Stompy.1387

Stompy.1387

I’m sorry, can I get a tl;dr on this thread? Seems like a lot happened overnight and I’m not sure what’s going on atm

Artemis Thuras.8795

Rising gave you a reason. We cant verify the time with the quality of those videos. Not to mention the other issues.

Im happy to accept a record that is submitted properly. Instead of complaining and accusing us of corruption why dont you record another run? Its not like you put any effort into that one so there should be issue surely?

So why was this not stated from the beginning?

It’s just excuses.

it’s just ad-hoc rule changes to best fit " we are better than you".

(edited by Artemis Thuras.8795)

spoj.9672

Maybe because i couldnt even watch the twitch vods to check so i wasnt even going to try?

TPMN.1483

Im happy to accept a record that is submitted properly. Instead of complaining and accusing us of corruption why dont you record another run? Its not like you put any effort into this one so there should be no issue with recording a second surely?

What we sat there and spammed one – there was no effort?
- We even exported out to youtube and put the start location so you could jump strait to it.

Artemis Thuras.8795

So there is no accountability?
There is no obligation to be able to review a run between every verifier?
What you are saying – is you are not obliged as record keepers to consider every submission.

So – Prove to me a better than “all-time-record” hasn’t been achieved and ignored. Threads deleted/lost and such?

There is an element of trust for the record keeping. That trust is now broken.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Yep, there is no accountability.

Approvers are volunteers and they only have to review records they want to review. If no one wants to review your record then your record won’t get approved. That’s something to keep in your mind when you submit your records and call people corrupt.

If a record doesn’t get approved within few weeks (your submission is just a day old) then I will try to fix the situation by getting more approvers. But if no one wants to review your record then your record will be never approved.

TL;DR: There is no obligation. The whole system is based on good faith and respect which you have already broken on your end.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

TPMN.1483

TL;DR: There is no obligation. The whole system is based on good faith and respect which you have already broken on your end.

Do we really want to go down this route ?
- Or do we want to take a much higher path.

Wethospu.6437

Lead by your example and I’m sure others will follow.

TPMN.1483

Lead by your example and I’m sure others will follow.

Seriously – lets get this back without the emotion. These posts are less than helpful.

Wethospu.6437

Ok, tell me without the emotion, what kind of help you need?

TPMN.1483

The initial post is quite simple: Who knows does this qualify for the record?

We have put up the youtubes – given a link to the exact start point
The F11 point on the youtube -given exact http link to that point too.

The timers are there (it is a clock start/end) – putting a ‘go’ start timer on a video is probably beyond me (and would require a 2nd monitor from my end – which I do not have). I have an old potato PC.

Wethospu.6437

Well, I don’t.

That’s why there are approvers. They will tell you if it qualifies or if they need additional information. Do what they ask, they probably have more knowledge about approving, rules and the underlying system than you.

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

“We can’t tell people viewing the records on the website to “start at X:XX and end at Y:YY”, and therefore we will not approve from them.” – Your youtube video still suffers from this problem, you probably should have read RD’s post more carefully. You can say “hey, that’s not in the rules!” all you want, but it’s not going to get your run approved. Literally every other recorded record is in its own video.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

TPMN.1483

Fine we’ll do something about it- but rules are there for a reason.. They need to exclude this stuff and clarify it.

Its not a reason to not look at it imo.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

That escalates quickly :|

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids