Dungeon Update is awful: LISTEN TO YOUR PLAYERS

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: nicolebsb.5240

nicolebsb.5240

I’m sure a Mod’s going to lock this board, as they’ve been locking the others. But seriously guys. If a majority of people don’t like the update, you’d think they’d undo it or resolve it. Does Anet really care THIS little about its players? And I say if you people are so unsure if it’s a majority, set up a poll. It’s not that hard. I’d like to see the results.
This dungeon update is awful. 5 of my friends were about to buy the game and I stopped them simply because of this update. Until it’s undone, you can consider me boycotting.

Posted by: Renegade.6325

Renegade.6325

There is a huge difference between a vocal minority of complainers on this forum, and “a majority of people don’t like the update”. I am not interested if 3 of your friends in your guild disagree with me, because they also do not comprise large section of the entire playerbase.

Posted by: Daboris.6730

Daboris.6730

I am their player. They listened to me, stuff was easy. I think that’s settled. Thanks for playing.

You people provide me with great fun during work, I thank you

“Those dolls they were making underground… Did you think they look like me?”
-Vivi

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

There is a huge difference between a vocal minority of complainers on this forum, and “a majority of people don’t like the update”. I am not interested if 3 of your friends in your guild disagree with me, because they also do not comprise large section of the entire playerbase.

Im not her friend and I dislike this update, hell, I only spent like 1 and a half hours today on guildwars as opposed to my almost 4 hours nightly

What did I do?
Talk to people in LA seeing as its talk like a pirate day, and sPVP.

Did I pve? Nope not at all, nothing to do there.

Rizzy.8293

I am their player. They listened to me, stuff was easy. I think that’s settled. Thanks for playing.

You shouldnt play games during work

nicolebsb.5240

LOL, people on these boards love the word ‘vocal minority.’ Have you seen the board post of the update? Pretty sure 12 pages of uproar isn’t a minority. And like I said, Anet should post a poll. I would love to see the results. And I’m in a guild of 30 active dungeon players. Not a single one is happy. None of my friends are happy. And none of the (sane) people I’ve talked to are happy. Only the diehard fans who hated the fact that there was an easy dungeon. ONE easy dungeon. So they ruined the whole system, nerfed everything, for no reason except blatant elitism. LOL

Posted by: Efaicia.3672

Efaicia.3672

I am a player, I paid for this game. I enjoy dungeons and would like to voice my opinion and say; Good for you ArenaNet for not letting your dungeon be turned into spammable pug fests when it was very clearly stated by from the beginging that dungeons are for high end and highly coordinated groups.

nicolebsb.5240

Nothing’s wrong with making dungeons harder, Efaicia. I am fine with really hard dungeons, or dungeons that take 2+ hours. I’m not fine with being in a dungeon that costs 30s in repairs, 2 hours of play, and the only reward is a couple crappy items and 9s and barely enough exp to get two bars. It makes dungeons pointless. And clearly you don’t play them, or else you would agree.

Posted by: Vanisher.9216

Vanisher.9216

Same way blizzard listened to their players and turned the game into it’s current state?
No thanks.

They are probably listening, that doesn’t mean they will do all the things crybabys want immediately.

Dungeons needs more work but i fail to see how this patch ruined the whole system.

nicolebsb.5240

So your answer, Vanisher, is to nerf all the items, all the exp, and all the money to make there be no incentive to play dungeons at all? I don’t understand that logic. If anything, make them harder, but keep the rewards the way they were before. That’s the best way to fix it. And what does WoW have to do with any of this? They didn’t nerf rewards like Anet. -_-

Daboris.6730

You shouldnt play games during work

Oh I meant you as in the forums. Work wouldn’t be the smartest place to play (crappy graphics card on this comp, plus bandwidth xD).

I still fail to see how fixing 1-2 dungeons’ unintentional flaw is game-breaking. I mean, can’t we all just admit it comes down to easy money/tokens and how we want everything within a few weeks?

Here’s the bottom line:
A) They keep things like this, you spend a few weeks in game then decide it’s not for you despite how little this update changed things. Pretty sure there are 25 more dungeon paths that are unchanged.
B) They change it; dungeons are easier, tokens come quicker, you get every set you want within a few weeks, then quit anyway.
C) You play the game, rolling with changes and seeing how things pan out regarding fine-tuning, boss mechanics, rewards, etc.

There it is. Do what you want.

Note: There are numerous posts stating the 9/24 update, so it seems that may be a relatively large update.

-Vivi

Posted by: Evil.9061

Evil.9061

I am a player as well. Make the Dungeons harder…and Harder still… Just have some form of reward (repair costs) to offset the burden. That’s what people are mad about.

Take Maggs, triple the difficulty just have the 27s in the last chest and most of these post will vanish.

(edited by Evil.9061)

nicolebsb.5240

Evil, you are absolutely correct.

Posted by: Vanisher.9216

Vanisher.9216

@nicolebsb

The only thing that changed regarding rewards was if you ran the same dungeon 3 times a row, you can still do 2 a day or do multiple dungeons.

I agree rewards needs more work and im guessing they will improve them, they first want to fix the difficulty of every dungeon. Imagine if rewards were higher with old CoF.

I agree there should be more incentive, but most people just want them to be easy.

Rizzy.8293

Same way blizzard listened to their players and turned the game into it’s current state?
No thanks.

They are probably listening, that doesn’t mean they will do all the things crybabys want immediately.

Dungeons needs more work but i fail to see how this patch ruined the whole system.

First of all, as a ranger and a thief, I can honestly say, the dungeon armour for the tokens in medium armour look horrible and I would not like them at all, from the very first moment I saw them, I was like… Nope, gross looking, no need.

What do I want from a dungeon
Challenge – Check
Reward – failed to deliver

So even if I was with a well organized team and we messed up once and got wiped wed still have no profits from the reward, why waste time in the dungeon?

Do you think dungeons can survive people doing them just once twice three times a day? With the vast majority of people in servers afraid to try them out even in story mode.

(edited by Rizzy.8293)

nicolebsb.5240

You are incorrect yet again, Vanisher. You get significantly less experience and the cost is much higher with the rewards much less. The gear isn’t as good, either. So, clearly, you haven’t been playing dungeons lately, or you would have noticed.
I love how the people voicing their opinions about how great the dungeon system is now are the ones who don’t even PLAY dungeons. Lol
And no one wants them to be easy. They want there to be incentive. That’s what everyone’s mad about. Why play a dungeon that now takes 3 hours when it only gives you 20k exp, crap loots, and 9s when it costs 30 to play? I would love harder, more diverse dungeons. CM (which is the cause of all this) was a crappy, linear dungeon to begin with. That was their fault for making it crap. I like AC and TA fine, but there’s no good incentive to play them.

Posted by: frOst.2198

frOst.2198

lol at people defending this decision.

Im all about difficulty as well for dungeons. Except, there is no such thing as a difficulty curve in this game because the designers are horrible. They think increasing damage or numbers equates to skill in a game where skill is denoted via dodging and predicting attack.

Another triple A game killed by lazy designers, cheap producers, and greedy owners.

Posted by: Evil.9061

Evil.9061

@Vanisher

It is currently broken. regardless of what you do or how often you do it or 5 different instances, the rewards are 27-16-5-5-3. 5 Different paths in different instances.

Posted by: FlawlessRuby.1907

FlawlessRuby.1907

dungeon were fun, now there not… i Mean what’s the point of getting to level 80 in order to grind level 40 dungeon…

They should have put a timer between run of the dungeon or even a dificulty setting. Right now it’s just mindless luring one mob at a time and hitting I’m for 2-3mins and those are NORMAL mob.

Posted by: Mulitplex.2017

Mulitplex.2017

The changes are absurd. I’m done posting reasons for why it was absurd.

I think that a massive chunk of the user base will just stop running the dungeons (myself included) and the armor sets that we see running around will just be something for us to chuckle at.

Daboris.6730

I think that a massive chunk of the user base will just stop running the dungeons (myself included) and the armor sets that we see running around will just be something for us to chuckle at.

That’s a better design. So you’re saying you’ll laugh at people who worked hard and put in hours for their pieces and endured all the deaths everyone claims come no matter what, right? So less people will have them, and people who do have them will feel like they earned it and are actually part of a minority?

Seems like the perfect solution. Make people who can’t take it stop doing them because the dungeons are actually too hard for them – not just the difficulty, but because the “reward” is stagnant at “oh,kitten I don’t get enough silver”…whereas the ACTUAL reward for doing dungeons is the armor pieces at the end.

Cool/unique things should cost money and require time and effort, not make you a profit all the time along with make you look cool.
^Learn this, then realize why dungeons are a money sink and worth it, from the right perspective.

-Vivi

nicolebsb.5240

That’s a better design. So you’re saying you’ll laugh at people who worked hard and put in hours for their pieces and endured all the deaths everyone claims come no matter what, right? So less people will have them, and people who do have them will feel like they earned it and are actually part of a minority?

Seems like the perfect solution. Make people who can’t take it stop doing them because the dungeons are actually too hard for them – not just the difficulty, but because the “reward” is stagnant at “oh,kitten I don’t get enough silver”…whereas the ACTUAL reward for doing dungeons is the armor pieces at the end.

Cool/unique things should cost money and require time and effort, not make you a profit all the time and make you look cool.
^Learn this, then realize why dungeons are a money sink and worth it, from the right perspective.

So basically, you’re saying, the only people who should play this game are hardcore players that want to put 5 hours and 30s into a dungeon for maybe one piece of gear that’s worth anything or a couple tokens?

And what did I say about elitists being the only one who like this update? Lol

Posted by: Crovack.3761

Crovack.3761

@nicolebsb

The only thing that changed regarding rewards was if you ran the same dungeon 3 times a row, you can still do 2 a day or do multiple dungeons.

You’re flat out wrong. Many dungeons running them the first time of the day will no longer net you anywhere near the same gold or exp. They also made many dungeons significantly harder.

“The only thing that changed” – just goes to show you that someone can be so fanatical in their belief that they don’t even pretend to play with facts. The devs, who’re wrong about what they’ve said versus the actual implementation of this patch, still even admit that the dungeon difficulties were tuned up AS WELL as altering their rewards.

You’re simply wrong- the devs have posted contrary to your post, and anyone who’s spent time doing dungeons since the patch has evidence against your post.

You know, the defense-of-ANet posts might at least sound better if they were written by people who had any clue about what they were talking about. But then, the posts from the dev claiming 25k hp pools certainly proved that knowledge of GW2 was not a requirement for this forum.

Posted by: Guarrand.2675

Guarrand.2675

I am all for difficult dungeons and not making this game like WoW is now (easy epics, easy gameplay, easy all around) but the rewards dont hold up to the costs and time and effort it now takes to do a dungeon.
The loot sucks, the money sucks opposed to the 20x you wipe and the time it now takes to finish a simple story dungeon.

CM and TA story were to easy.. agreed… but now, by buffing EVERY mobgroup and nerfing the rewards, its gone from “to easy” to “why bother”.

Daboris.6730

Cool/unique things should cost money and require time and effort, not make you a profit all the time and make you look cool.

So basically, you’re saying, the only people who should play this game are hardcore players that want to put 5 hours and 30s into a dungeon for maybe one piece of gear that’s worth anything or a couple tokens?

And what did I say about elitists being the only one who like this update? Lol

Umm, no. ANet specifically stated the explorable modes are the hardest content. So…they’re for the players who are better, right? Why is it you relate these 2 dungeon updates and the silver from the dungeons as the entire game? There’s a lot more out there to do…just because you exhausted it or don’t feel like doing it doesn’t mean others aren’t still having fun.

And why do you keep bringing up the money cost? New development: There are MANY ways to make money outside of dungeons…if you can’t figure that out, you’re a one-track pony with no diversity and are not willing to try anything else.

As for dungeons: I ran HotW story mode in about an hour last night. Got 2 rares, plenty of greens and blues. Died a few times but it was a pug, so obviously expected. Repair costs were hardly noticeable…so……….why are we at war when we’re obviously playing 2 different games?

-Vivi

Posted by: Mulitplex.2017

Mulitplex.2017

Cool/unique things should cost money and require time and effort, not make you a profit all the time along with make you look cool.

Let me get a few things straight:

1. The dungeons aren’t hard at all. The dungeons are tedious, unimaginative, time consuming, and repetitive.

2. If i saw CoF gear (which I have pieces of BTW) on someone… I just shrugged it off. Wow, someone took the time to do 60 runs of that dungeon… what a time sink. If I see CoF gear now I’ll assume it was acquired pre-buff or that person carebeared their way through 60 runs of an incredibly dumb dungeon. I certainly won’t admire them for their “skill” in running the same scripted PVE event 60 times.

3. People are going to stop running the dungeons because they are tedious (even more so now), unimaginative, time consuming (even more so now), repetitive, AND give kitteny rewards. They aren’t going to stop doing them because they’re too “hard.”

4. Dungeons just went from being barely worth the effort… to not worth the effort by a long shot. I would be just thrilled if they posted pre-buff metrics and compared them with post-nerf metrics. I bet they’ll see all the effort they wasted creating those dungeons contrasted by the few people that bother to run them anymore.

5. I’ll spend my time from now on farming badges and influence in WvW. I’ll spice it up by doing SPvP in between. I’ll my chuckles by seeing the sets of tedious dungeon gear sets running around.

Cheers.

Posted by: Crovack.3761

Crovack.3761

CM and TA story were to easy.. agreed… but now, by buffing EVERY mobgroup and nerfing the rewards, its gone from “to easy” to “why bother”.

It’s a knee-jerk reaction. This wasn’t a thought-out well tuned idea for the health of the game, it was what the team could manage in an immediate response.

The question is, does ANet realize that responding to a tap on the knee by kicking the players is a bad response? Will they “fix” this and bring it back in-line with a reasonable experience, or will they stand behind this absurd action like it’s dogma and loose huge chunks of their playerbase in the process?

I know, for certain, that myself and at least 3 close friends (possibly 4) who will be unlikely to continue our play in GW2. This patch, if unaltered, changes GW2 from a game we enjoyed to one we no longer can. If this wasn’t your intention: please, fix it.

Posted by: Moderator

Because this conversation is occuring in multiple threads at the same time, in the interest of keeping things clean and providing a singular place for feedback, we are diverting all discusison of this topic to this sticky.

Thanks for understanding