Dungeon Warrior Advise

Dungeon Warrior Advise

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I’m looking for any kind of advise for warriors in dungeons. I’v done a small handful of runs with guildies and feel like I’v pulled my own weight most of the time but won’t denie that i’v been downed more often then I should in certain situations.

I currently run a bleed/shout build with 6/6 soldier rune aiming my stats more towards vit/toughness. I use 2 swords, and a rifle as my main swap set up with the option to switch to mace and shield if requiring more CC

http://www.gw2builds.org/create/bwe_1/warrior#6.2.5.3-2.9.11.10.1-0.25.15.30.0-2.1.6.5.9.12

#ELEtism

Dungeon Warrior Advise

Posted by: Nashaan.3160

Nashaan.3160

I feel my warrior is a lot squishier than my guardian in dungeons, I find you stay alive more if you play it the same as you would pvp – don’t stand still, keep moving all the time.
Knowing what utilities to use in each fight makes a difference too, in CoF you need condition removal for example whereas AC you need stun breakers. It also makes a huge difference if you are standing next to a guardian or not.

Given a choice I prefer ranged (Ranger, mesmer, ele) so I tend to use rifle on my warrior if there is another plate class that is in melee. If I am the only plate class then I will just melee.

Dungeon Warrior Advise

Posted by: Jam.4521

Jam.4521

If you are going one handed weapons I would suggest you swap out your second one for either warhorn or mace, the warhorn can boost your movement speed and you endurance regen regularly, both of which are great for helping keep your group alive, the mace can offer stuns, again also useful as a stun or interrupt on bigger baddies.

As Nashaan says, just keep moving, war offers great mobility so just make sure you are not in the way of any attacks. My usual aim is to be behind every mob. I switch between a hammer or axe/warhorn and a rifle for dungeon runs and am usually fairly sturdy with a similar set up to yours OP. I use toughness/healing stats on armour with signet of healing, and in fact ive just changed to rampagers jewellery to add a bit more dps.

BOOM

Dungeon Warrior Advise

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Warriors are definitely a lot squishier than Guardians because we lack all the self-healing those guys get. You have to trade hits; you can’t just stand there and slug it out all day.

Sometimes you have to roll away and use Healing Surge before getting back into the thick of it, while a properly specced/geared Guardian can just stand there all day taking it in the face by the mob.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Dungeon Warrior Advise

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

10/30/0/30/0

use the greatsword
traits are
V
V X VII (third trait can be changed depending on what you want, i use rifle as a secondary weapon but you can also use II which goes well with Empowered)
VI VIII XII

use Knight Armour, Berserker Trinkets/Back with Ruby Jewels
2 Water/Fire/Monk runes for Might/Boon Duration.
Sigil of Strength on your GS

enjoy.