Dungeon acts of Kindness?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: NACotser.4125

NACotser.4125

So today I decided to join a P4 run, and by the time we reached the Hounds of Balthazar it became pretty clear that the group had never done the path before, but hey, I had plenty of time to spare, so what the hey, I decided to stay and make sure they knew what was happening with every boss, and they followed the instructions (almost) to a tee, I mean you can’t expect perfection, there were a few moments when I was left standing alone but I handled it (kinda.)
Here’s where it gets nice
After the run was over, I get mail, and I find these messages along with 1.5g. I replied that there was no need for that (but I kept the money ngl). I mean I could probably have made at least twice that in the amount of extra time it took to do the run, but it was a kind gesture nonetheless.
(TL;DR: I did not play bad, I help nice people, they give me money)

So that’s my story, do you guys have any acts of kindness from dungeons you want to share?

Attachments:

2Hairy = 2Scary
B)

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Anytime I decide to stick around with condi mesmer or condi necro in group, or a full clerics or pvt guard, is an act of kindness.

i perform quite a bit of “sympathy carries” because its not the players fault for this situation, but A-Nets, and as such I give em a fair chance, if it gets extremely bogged down then i either politely leave or politely kick, but it has to be extreme at that point.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Once a guy asked some questions on map chat in la. It was about ascended crafting. The answers were “well google it doh”. So i decided to explain it to him via whisp. It took me about 25 min to explain it to him at least everything i know. He said thank you and then a min later i recived a mail. It said thank you and there was 30 gold attached to the mail. I sent it back saying "mate, you’ll need it for your ascended crafting " we argued a little but he took it back evetually and we are friends ever since

Kind of sad that people aren’t used to kindness in game and irl, they think they owe something to people who help them and it only costs little time to help somebody.

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Kind of sad that people aren’t used to kindness in game and irl, they think they owe something to people who help them and it only costs little time to help somebody.

Some people are so not used to kindness that they literally run away from people willing to help. If someone lets his trust issues from irl affect his online gaming so much, meh, better stay away from those players.

Personally, any acknowledgement from others showing that they realise someone helped them is great, doesn’t have to be gold. Too bad only few do that and tbh, knowing that someone knows I helped, makes me join inexperienced groups. Vast majority however doesn’t even say “bb” at the end of the dungeon.

Small stuff like this (attach.) is really nice to read, didn’t cost the person anything and it’ll make me want to help someone else again.

Attachments:

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

Well, this is my story in a fractal pug level 30-ish.

We got to Dredge – the Cage part. Two of the party members were a tad inexperienced as they struggled quite a bit to hold their own against the dredge aggro. So when the gate was open, they got overwhelmed and downed while I and two others escaped to the safe spot. The aggro focused to the NPC and we got out of combat. That would just end there if the two downed bodies died and respawned, however, the ele didn’t give up yet and tried to mist form close to us. Obviously, he couldn’t travel that much and got stuck between the aggro and the safe spot. I fell pity for him and decided to help res. One of the dredge (the glorious Veteran Dredge of Millennium) did not leash; he now attacked me and the downed ele. Being an engi, it took me quite an effort to try to res and fend off the attacks at the same time. From the safe spot, the two other members stood watching for three minutes. Then they spoke:

- “Honestly, why don’t both of you just die and respawn? We are out of combat here. It (rezing the downed ele) is just a waste of my time.”
- “Or you could just help?”
- “I’m gonna be AFK. Have fun.”

The other watcher decided to help and we got the downed ele up. In the end, I got a whisper said “Thank you”.

P.S.: It’s not an act of kindness. Somewhere in me there is still a bit of compassion. It struck me that day not to ignore someone who needed help despite not quite vocally.

(edited by IrisTheCasual.3742)

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

I remember back when Lupi autos weren’t bugged, I used to find LFGs looking for Lupi help and literally soloed for inexperienced players. It was mostly p2, and if people requested me to stay until the last boss, I gladly help them.

Then one day I met a group claiming that they are new, kept dying at Lupi. I of course helped them out at no charge, even helped them kill alphard, switched to a thief for stealth skips, then after the cut scene of last boss, I was kicked, received a mail that says something roughly like “Thanks for the free p2. We’ll sell it you tool” something like that. And they did exactly that, which made me stop joining LFG group.

And with lupi auto attack, all people want are guardians/memsers to use wall on wall trick, and whenever I join and teach them the new way, I get kicked.

Tour

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

P.S.: It’s not an act of kindness. Somewhere in me there is still a bit of compassion. It struck me that day not to ignore someone who needed help despite not quite vocally.

This. So much this. I understand that at face value we are pixels to one another, but a post like Iris’ hits you right in the feels.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

This used to happen to me a lot when I used to pug quite often if it included path 4; it is not as uncommon as you might think. This path is very daunting for newer players so to have some of the parts explained in detail for them and to have somebody help get them through it and save potentially hours of their time is something that many people would be more than glad to send you a token of their appreciation for.

Most of the time I would not accept the gold and just tell them that it was fine and unnecessary to pay me, that their cooperation and words were enough as it was, but there is nothing wrong with accepting it either. It is their gift to you for being generous to them with your own time.