Dungeon chests.. Oh dear kitten why!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Rookni.2469

Rookni.2469

Dungeon Chests

He was cut. Blood pouring from his shoulder. GL laughed, starting to swing for his next attack. The guardian brought forth a wall of reflection saving him from the final blow that would end his life. He remembered the virtues he was thought during his training as a Guardian. He was back in the fight. Swing after swing the two foes continued. War raged outside in Orr, but none of them had a single second to give it a thought. He killed it. A magnificent chest spawned. The chest stood in a ray of light. Gold crusted edges and wood even kings would treasure. The guardian stepped forward to open the chest. In it he found the blue level 76 rampager cloth shoulders he had so fought so very hard for. He was pleased. He took out his salvage kit. He got a silk scrap. He had defeated a foe more terrifying than the dragons themselves. He held the silk scrap triumphant over his head. All the work. The blood. The sacrifices. It was worth it!

So ArenaNet. Your chests look and sound like something that will reward the player. The problem is when you open it. Please just remove blue gear from it atleast. Its just a slap in the face. Give us a chance of getting (in this order) money – dungeon potions – few tokens – t6 mats – shard – core – lodestone

But just remove the blue stuff <3

Commander Yolo Oh Trollo. The power is in the moustache
http://www.youtube.com/user/itsjustfiction

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

Dungeon chests already drop money. Bosses already drop 3 tokens/mooney.

There’s already a small chance that chests drop cores/lodestones.

Not sure what else you want. Do you mean to increase chances?

Posted by: Ryan Mozo.9581

Ryan Mozo.9581

Just wanna say I love this post and I second your request. If they just removed the blue stuff and instead replaced it with getting green items, it would be a tiny bit more worth it because those actually give you like 1s each.

Rookni.2469

I just want the blue stuff away Ursan

Posted by: Derk.3189

Derk.3189

Yeah but see the thing is, to many people, its not epic like that. Its like seeing a giant fly on the wall and effortlessly slapping it to death. I don’t get shiny chests every time I slap a fly.

Ursan.7846

I just want the blue stuff away Ursan

Why? =( They are free money.

Rookni.2469

Its cluttering my bags and I like my bags in neat order after icon size, color and stacksize!

Stop cluttering my bag

Second option would be donkey pet that could store all blue items

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

I’m Designer Hrouda, and this is my favorite thread on the forum.

……

That being said, we are always looking at our reward tables. I agree with you that a blue is very unsatisfying of a reward for GL and other instances. Part of our Dungeon work coming down the line is going to involve changing reward tables and whatnot, so please be patient as we work through things as fast as we can.

Rookni.2469

……

That being said, we are always looking at our reward tables. I agree with you that a blue is very unsatisfying of a reward for GL and other instances. Part of our Dungeon work coming down the line is going to involve changing reward tables and whatnot, so please be patient as we work through things as fast as we can.

So donkey blue items pet mule is not coming down the line? :/

Ursan.7846

……

I’m sorry, I’m having trouble hearing you- I’m getting a lot of bullkitten on this line.

Just kidding! Actually I just had to respond with a quote and that was the only one I could think of spur of the moment. Love you Rob~.

EDIT: Man, that inspired me to look up good ME quotes. And there are a ton. Thanks again Rob!

(edited by Ursan.7846)

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

I earned 9600 tokens last time i counted so I killed lupi at least 160 times. I’ve gotten 2 rares and rest blues, greens, and …. whites. That is including lupi and the chest

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

i like how in magg cof p2, you get 10s for doing the collect bombs event, even though you dont beat a boss, still rewarding

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

op, I smell a future in fanfiction.

Robert H., I am a huge fan of yours. along with john smith I learn the most interesting things about this game and both of you post regularly enough to make me wonder why people say anet doesn’t communicate enough. well ‘communicate’ has different connotations, but for me, you two always bring useful info to discussions.

in regards to the chest loot, I think they are actually pretty good where they are. I usually get 1-2 rares per full run(all paths) of any dungeon from chests. sometimes an exotic.

quick question, does anyone know if rare/exotic runes and sigils take the place of a rare or exotic piece of gear? how about those tonics? since tonics are consumables and runes/sigils are upgrade components I am led to believe that they don’t interfere with the chance of looting rare equipment..?

Posted by: Maximillian Greil.1965

Maximillian Greil.1965

……

I’m Commander Greil, and this is my favorite post on the citadel.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Its just a slap in the face. Give us a chance of getting (in this order) money – dungeon potions – few tokens – t6 mats – shard – core – lodestone

But just remove the blue stuff <3

So you want them to remove Fine items but keep the potions. “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure” definitely applies here. Potions and tonics are one of the trashiest thing to drop from any dungeon chest. Then there are slices of garlic bread.

I earned 9600 tokens last time i counted so I killed lupi at least 160 times. I’ve gotten 2 rares and rest blues, greens, and …. whites. That is including lupi and the chest

but you’ve gotten an exotic from slapping a random deer while strolling through the forest right?

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

Posted by: Ned Stark.9356

Ned Stark.9356

……

Where have I heard this before????

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

……

Thanks Robert. Great job thus far and looking forward to the updates.

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

but you’ve gotten an exotic from slapping a random deer while strolling through the forest right?

this^

Kinda pointless to run dungeons when you have better chances to drop rare/exotic while doing few DE’s. Personally, I event don’t feel the need for fractals as “farming” several DE’s in Orr gives me more rares/gold/drops + tons of XP/Karma I can use to gamble with Orrian Boxes for a chance of lodestone. And there are laurels now, which in time provide ascended jewelry and infusions very usefull for those who don’t go inito fractals but want a stat boost for PvE/WvWvW.

Not to mention that running dungeons/fractals with pugs can be VERY frustrating which is not the case with random party in DE’s which only makes you drop chance higher.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

The problem is, people want to have their cake and eat it too. Dungeons are readily and often exploited, or they are easy to begin with. This somewhat justifies how terrible the loot is.

Rookni.2469

So you want them to remove Fine items but keep the potions. “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure” definitely applies here. Potions and tonics are one of the trashiest thing to drop from any dungeon chest. Then there are slices of garlic bread.

I only ment the potions that increase your damage in that given dungeon. The “I am to insecure of my look please transform me” potions can go to a clinic or something

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

……

Problem is every time you “improove drops” – more greens coming. On 36 fractal no rare from chest at all so many times. Frustrating. I dont know why you even spend time to create tons of new blue/green items what was recently added while NOONE will use it (you have almost free rares on TP for every level with all stat types). Its just trash what you sell to vendor (salvage isnt profitable so only vendor). That time where you create them, naming them, adding stats, icons ect you can spend better.

Remove that stupid RNG (i dont understand why you so love RNG – GW2 is next generation game and you keep that 1990 system.) Do it like in pesonal story. On the end table of multiple rewards where players can choose one of them. Add it everywhere.

RNG ISNT FUN.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

……

-Hrouda.
-Wrex.
-Hrouda.

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

A good solution would be to change only the reward of the last chest in each dungeon. This way you will effectively remove the dungeon farm, the problem we had at launch, since we’d be required to kill the last boss and get rewarded well for doing so! After that this cranky DR system kicks in and we get blues again

Posted by: shedim.8504

shedim.8504

……

What’s your favorite store on the Citadel?

Posted by: Bartho.7896

Bartho.7896

……

Please do consider the T6 mats dropping from chests, could be just one random mat per chest or something, but people like me who do mostly just dungs, and dont farm cursed shore.
We rlly get a lot behind with t6 mats, so we then have to buy them tonwise, they only drop in CoE, HotW and Arah and only very rarely. (And yes about 5 mobs can drop them in CoF, but after you changed Maggs door event in p2 they dont drop loot anymore…)

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

You are crying about blues? I have been getting whites from chests now and then. Not sure why there would be whites in a chest, doesn’t really seem like treasure to me, feels more like someone threw thier old junk in the chest.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Stormkitten.8219

Stormkitten.8219

You are crying about blues? I have been getting whites from chests now and then. Not sure why there would be whites in a chest, doesn’t really seem like treasure to me, feels more like someone threw thier old junk in the chest.

It wasn’t actually a chest, it was that boss guy’s laundry basket.

Posted by: Takato.4976

Takato.4976

The problem is, people want to have their cake and eat it too. Dungeons are readily and often exploited, or they are easy to begin with. This somewhat justifies how terrible the loot is.

When you have a cake, what else are you supposed to do with it?
Of course if I have a cake I will eat it.

Posted by: Ruprect.7260

Ruprect.7260

It wasn’t actually a chest, it was that boss guy’s laundry basket.

LOL, then it should look like a whicker basket instead of a chest so I at least know what to expect.

Ruprect – [DIS] Dissentient
Mesmer/Elementalist/Guardian/Necromancer/Warrior
[TC] Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Criselli.7462

Criselli.7462

One of the best OP posts I’ve seen in weeks. Thank you!

Aiyli 80 Necro, Aista & Criselli 80 Mesmers
Aîsta & Çriselli 80 engies, Zeira Blackstar 80 Grd Meloryn 80 Ran, Vexri Crisellista 80 War
Server: Kaineng

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

They can’t really add anything above greens as 100% drops from chests, otherwise people will just start farming the first parts of specific dungeons, like people used to farm 15s and loot bags from Arah.

Posted by: Bartho.7896

Bartho.7896

They can’t really add anything above greens as 100% drops from chests, otherwise people will just start farming the first parts of specific dungeons, like people used to farm 15s and loot bags from Arah.

Agreed. But they could add 1 random t6 mat per chest. That wouldnt be no viable farm yet long term it would help ppl.

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Actually I’ll deal with the blues if you stop dropping tonics in the chest and considering them “rares” when they’re garbage tonics you can barely get vendor price for. I’m fairly certain they are eating up the proper loot spots for good gear because the game considers them “rare”. So now rather than a rare i can salvage for an ecto I get a tonic I can list on the TP and lose money on, or sell to a vendor….hmmm

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

They could increase loot tables of chests the further you are in dungeon, so the last chest has much better drops than the first.

Posted by: Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Kilrain Daggerspine.6843

Last two days I did 26+ fractal daily I saw a total of 1 rare.. the only motivation I got left for running fractals are the stupid weapon skins -.- Make chest loot more reliable and fun already!

Posted by: Xephier.1647

Xephier.1647

……

My favorite part about these forums is the devs actually talking to the players, for this I do have some respect for Anet.

Posted by: nicbet.1820

nicbet.1820

The Frozen Maw Difficulty Level 40, final chest.

2 Blues, 2 Greens.

Third night in a row.

Dungeon Rewards System is more broken than Kardashian marriages …

……

Posted by: Kumakichi.2583

Kumakichi.2583

……

Thats good to hear. IMHO when I first ran dungeons I thought “wow these chests dont have very good loot”. But then I started to understand that the reward was the 60 tokens at the end with which you could buy the gear that players could specifically choose. This method is much more preferable than running a dungeon 20 times trying to complete a set only to have another “light armor wearer” win a roll against you on only his 5th run. Then of course he boasts about it being his 5th run then you really feel like mud!

Its a different system. I have to admit I like it. It doesn’t bother me that chests dont have a lot of loot. A little more gold would be nice but thats a different matter

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

Relatedly, could you also consider adding a daily dungeon, similar to the daily Zaishen Mission from GW1? You could perhaps enhance the rewards for running a specific dungeon path, which might also encourage people to branch out and try running something that isn’t AC or CoF p1.

Posted by: nicbet.1820

nicbet.1820

……

Thats good to hear. IMHO when I first ran dungeons I thought “wow these chests dont have very good loot”. But then I started to understand that the reward was the 60 tokens at the end with which you could buy the gear that players could specifically choose. This method is much more preferable than running a dungeon 20 times trying to complete a set only to have another “light armor wearer” win a roll against you on only his 5th run. Then of course he boasts about it being his 5th run then you really feel like mud!

Its a different system. I have to admit I like it. It doesn’t bother me that chests dont have a lot of loot. A little more gold would be nice but thats a different matter

So are you suggesting that 35 Fractal tokens of which you need 1800 for a single item is an appropriate reward for spending 90 minutes in a dungeon (for which you had to spend 50 hours before even that to get to the difficulty level 30)? I soundly disagree.

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Chests should not drop anything below rare quality. Not in dungeons, not in WvW, not in open world or Fractals. Exotics are already easy to acquire, anything below exotic is just salvage trash after one week at level 80. At least a rare has a chance to give an ecto (although I tend to get less ecto’s even from Blsk and MSKs lately).

Posted by: Rump Buffalo.2594

Rump Buffalo.2594

Chests should not drop anything below rare quality. Not in dungeons, not in WvW, not in open world or Fractals. Exotics are already easy to acquire, anything below exotic is just salvage trash after one week at level 80. At least a rare has a chance to give an ecto (although I tend to get less ecto’s even from Blsk and MSKs lately).

agreed.

Id love them to drop overstuffed bags (20 random crafting mats that try to be as close to your level as possible but can run the gamut)

Posted by: Rowan Mayfair.1459

Rowan Mayfair.1459

I know GW2 is not GW1 but how about a standard high end material drop? Like the diamond wich always dropped in the underworld chest reward for completing the underworld. That way, you’re sure of at least ONE worthy drop.

I know you guys don’t want to make a ‘remake’ of GW1 but it has some good mechanics that shouldn’t just be thrown overboard.

Rowan Mayfair Witch – Human Mesmer lvl. 80
Target Ally – Asura Engineer lvl. 80
Freiya the Valkyrie – Norn Ranger. lvl 80

Posted by: Sanel.5603

Sanel.5603

UW was one of the “elite” dungeons in GW1, by elite i mean hardest dungeon for that time. I wouldnt mind same thing in gw2, elite dungeon with higher reward. Some say that Arah and FOTM are elite dungeons…. tbh they are not, they are easy dungeons that dont offer any good reward for your time there. Time efford VS reward is not soo good. I agree u get tokens, but we all wanna some “unique” skins on our armors / weapons that are harder to get. Also in GW1 after u finish story mode you are offered special NPC that can craft you armor / weapon as reward for your time for finishing story, here you can get weapon only. Gw2 is NOT GW1 but some things could be nice in GW2 also that worked great in GW1.

Posted by: Lucky.3298

Lucky.3298

UW was one of the “elite” dungeons in GW1, by elite i mean hardest dungeon for that time. I wouldnt mind same thing in gw2, elite dungeon with higher reward. Some say that Arah and FOTM are elite dungeons…. tbh they are not, they are easy dungeons that dont offer any good reward for your time there. Time efford VS reward is not soo good. I agree u get tokens, but we all wanna some “unique” skins on our armors / weapons that are harder to get. Also in GW1 after u finish story mode you are offered special NPC that can craft you armor / weapon as reward for your time for finishing story, here you can get weapon only. Gw2 is NOT GW1 but some things could be nice in GW2 also that worked great in GW1.

in GW1 you got like 3-4 lvl of challenges, but each lvl grant you with cool rewards. ven if some days you got like average rewards from normal dungeons, it still better then any other form of farming (not only final chest but also mob / boss drops).

I see it’s not at all GW1 as rewards here almost not worth efforts and challenge still at same degree for all.

P.S. never tell AC is easy, just do it on lvl 35 with lvl 35 group as it was designed. Or start to blame about how easy to kill lvl 8 mob at lvl 80, even adopted for area, compare to real lvl 10 player.

Posted by: lvlorphidea.9675

lvlorphidea.9675

……

Does the changes will include the fractals chest also?

Also, i just wanna say that your team is doing an amazing job with this game. I made new friends in real life thanks to the guild system. I really love the resing system also, i couldn’t find it any other game.

Sorry for my english i’m french!