Dungeon newb...

Dungeon newb...

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: neonmonkey.3076

neonmonkey.3076

I’m new to this. I get a mail that I have reached the level for a dungeon. Do I have to go find this dungeon on the map before I can join a group? Or will I be able to teleport to the group/dungeon when they enter? If so how do I do this?

Dungeon newb...

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

All of the dungeons have portals in Lion’s Arch at the Fort Marriner Waypoint.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Dungeon newb...

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

Lolwut? No they dont. Those portals are for the mists.

@OP

You will need to go to the map zone the dungeon is in. Once there you can join parties and a pop up menu will appear to enter the dungeon when someone starts it

Dungeon newb...

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

I suggest waiting until you reach 80 which is really not that hard. It will save you a lot of pain and suffering.

Dungeon newb...

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

You can enter as long as you’re in the correct zone for that dungeon, it just requires one person to physically enter through the dungeon portal.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Dungeon newb...

Posted by: Dramen Maidria.1034

Dramen Maidria.1034

You can do dungeons at the level they are set for but unless you are running with a guild group or group of friends it will be hard to get a group. Starting at level 30 you can do story mode for the first dungeon, which is fairly easy, then you can do the explorable paths at 35. It will be a big help if you make sure your gear is up to your level and at least masterwork quality.

Dramen Maidria
Knights of ARES, Dragonbrand
Good times, good memories

Dungeon newb...

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I started doing dungeons at the minimum level with other players who were also at the minimum level. Many players that started at launch did. It was SO MUCH FUN! It will be hard and it will take you a while and you will wipe figuring out the mechanics. The best way to find a group for you would be the LFG tool. Look for a party that says something like everyone welcome. You may also get geared 80’s in those parties who will help make it easier for you and are just there to help others.

Just a jfyi the dungeons are scaled for players with rare gear of their own level. Expect more difficulty if you’re below that.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Dungeon newb...

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

Open up the contacts page (default bound to Y), and click the second tab – the LFG tool. Click on Ascalonian Catacombs, and look for a group doing “story mode”. If you don’t see one, don’t be afraid to list your own. As stated above, if someone else in your group opens the dungeon, you just need to be in the Plains of Ashford and you should see a pop-up window allowing you to enter. (Sometimes it bugs, if you don’t the pop-up just relog and it will come up.) To open the dungeon yourself, you will need to go to the dungeon entrance.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

(edited by rfdarko.4639)

Dungeon newb...

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

This is why we can’t have nice things.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Dungeon newb...

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

If you zoom out the map, you will see a wooden gate icon on the map representing the dungeon entrance. AFAIK it will only show you the ones you are allowed to enter.

To reach it, travel to the closest city and run from there (Lion Arch’s gates). Google to entire world map if you don’t know which city is closest to the dungeon.

A little help to start with the 2 lowest lvl:

Ascalonian Catacombs (lvl 30-35+) – Go from Black Citadel.
Covetous Manor (lvl 40+) – Go from Queensdale

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Dungeon newb...

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

In there you find the npcs that sell the dungeon’s rewards, but they dont teleport you to then.

Dungeon newb...

Posted by: orgraal.9856

orgraal.9856

they actually do, but you have to sell your soul..

Dungeon newb...

Posted by: Bunmaster.9734

Bunmaster.9734

Story mode groups welcomes everyone. But Explore mode groups does not. Please for the sake of the Six, read the descriptions before joining a group for explore modes.

That said, all explore modes can be done at the min req lvl. You are a disadvantage (should say extra disadvantaged due to lack of traits) for the group if you are not wearing the appropriate gear lvl, aka the dungeon’s lvl’s rare.
But a lvl 80 or 2 in the group, can make things go swiftly.

So it can be done, but let me rephrase the importance of reading the lfg msg first.

Dungeon newb...

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

In there you find the npcs that sell the dungeon’s rewards, but they dont teleport you to then.

Nah

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman