Dungeon rewards still bugged

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

So I did HotW path 1 the first time in about 2 days, but I only got 45 tokens while everyone else in my group got 60. Someone else in my guild did the dungeon, too and got 30 while everyone else got 60.

Also the tokens dont stack with tokens earned pre patch.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Inci.7560

Inci.7560

I have this exact same problem. I got 45 on my first run, and 30 on my second, while my entire party got 60. Feels bad to be missing out on 45 tokens this way!

Posted by: Toncora.3247

Toncora.3247

Twilight Arbor

30 – Forward, Forward
15 – Forward, Up
6 – Up

All 3 runs were the first of the day, maybe im not reading the notes correctly but my guildmates got 60 for every run.

Posted by: Universal.9401

Universal.9401

1 the first time in about 10 days, but I only got 30 tokens while everyone else in my group got 60.. what its? oO

Posted by: Joe Chip.9538

Joe Chip.9538

3, 2 and 1 CM paths in this order and got 45, 30 and 15 respectively. One of my party members got 60 all three times. I’m mad.

Posted by: Magistrat.1037

Magistrat.1037

I have the same issue
Since they implemented the system to counteract lvling in dungeons i got only half of the experience for the first run of the day and 1/4 for the 2nd run (88k and 44k in ascalon). I didn’t report it because I still received the full amount of dungeon tokens and didn’t care about the exp. But today even the tokens got reduced. First run was 30 tokens and 2nd run was 15 tokens. First run was first of the day and both were different paths. I did write a report in-game with screenshots via /bug.

I demand my 75 tokens I did not receive.

Malediktus.9250

So I am angry now. Why do you keep releasing new mechanics which were obviously poorly tested?
Did HotW path 2 for my second time (first time over a week ago) ever and only received 30 tokens and 13 silver. Thanks for wasting my time anet.

Also I heared you get only 6 tokens after a few runs. How is this fair? Before you could do 1-2 stacks of tokens a day if you were willing to devote the time. Stop artifically making it harder for people who play a lot.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Next

If you are seeing issues, please post the dungeon/path you chose, and how long it took you to do that path, and when the last time you ran a dungeon was. These will help uus determine what might be going wrong.

Malediktus.9250

Honor of the Wave path 1 took about 30min give or take 10min, didnt look at the clock. Got 45 tokens. Last time I finished the path was before last patch since it bugged the endboss.
Honor of the Wave path 2 took about 1 hour give or take some again. Got 30 tokens. Didnt run this path for over a week.

Inci.7560

It’s come to my attention that perhaps this bug is because of pre patch runs done this day before the patch, that the penalty applying then somehow was translated to today.

Posted by: Jake.4326

Jake.4326

It’s come to my attention that perhaps this bug is because of pre patch runs done this day before the patch, that the penalty applying then somehow was translated to today.

Could be, but I haven’t run CoF (Magg path) since Sunday afternoon. I ran it today for the first time and only received 45 tokens. It took us under 30 minutes to complete the dungeon (food buffs were still up). The 2nd attempt took us over 45 minutes, and I was rewarded with 10 tokens.

Inci.7560

Could be, but I haven’t run CoF (Magg path) since Sunday afternoon. I ran it today for the first time and only received 45 tokens. It took us under 30 minutes to complete the dungeon (food buffs were still up). The 2nd attempt took us over 45 minutes, and I was rewarded with 10 tokens.

I ran CM myself and didn’t get the proper tokens for AC. I’m thinking this might not be it though, as I’ve heard of people that haven’t even done a single dungeon in a week getting this problem.

Posted by: MadMossy.8715

MadMossy.8715

AC path 1 and 2.

Path 1 finished in 37 minutes, got 30 tokens, 13 silver and 88k XP.
Path 2 finished in 24 minutes, got 15 tokens, 6 silver, and 44k XP.

It has been 3 days or more since I last ran AC dungeons and 2 days since my last dungeon run of anything. Suffice to say I won’t be doing any again until this bug is confirmed as fixed.

Posted by: Brotacular.1835

Brotacular.1835

CoE (submarine) first run done in a little over 1h10m with 60 tokens. 20-30min break in lions arch. CoE (Teleporter) second run done in about 30-40min with 45 tokens rewarded. wat?

Posted by: Darque Intent.1674

Darque Intent.1674

Ascalon Catacombs, path one. Recived 6 tokens for my first complete run of the day. Had tried a few times previously, but didn’t get past the first assignment.
It took a while.
But thank you for the increase (in principle) of tokens and the level of the first dungeons rewards.

All hail Emperor Anet, and their new clothes!

Posted by: Blue Snow.9021

Blue Snow.9021

Sorrow’s Embrace: Path 3:
First time I did it today: 45 Tokens
Took 47 minutes 32 seconds (A friend of myn wanted to take time how long it took for us to do dungeons)

Sorrow’s Embrace: Path 1
Second Time I did it today: 15 Tokens
Took like 50 minutes~ due to we having a couple of issues and had to kick a guy. Still got 50 minutes.

So I wanna know why I am getting crap reward.

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

These bugs are scary because they indicate that ArenaNet does way, way too little testing before implementing big changes. Does the company even have a QA team? With how quickly and obviously these bugs popped up on live, it stands to reason that a decent QA team would have caught them in testing.

Posted by: MadMossy.8715

MadMossy.8715

I also think having such a strict time limit for diminishing returns for all dungeons is a bit daft, some dungeons can be cleared by a competent group in less than 30 minutes, you can’t honestly expect them to just stand around waiting for the clock to tick over.

They just won’t bother doing that content any more.

I love the dungeons in the game, but so far ever since the patch was introduced to curb the speed clears several weeks ago, I’ve been penalized every single time. I’m at a stage now where I just can’t be bothered to do them any more because I know I wont be rewarded properly.

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Yeah, punishing groups for clearing a dungeon at a normal rate is extremely weird. Should groups be punished for clearing AC or COF in 20-30 minutes like they’re supposed to be? That makes no sense.

Posted by: cMnn.4830

cMnn.4830

Sorrow’s Embrace :

I did the “Up” path for the first time today, It took us 1 hour or so.
I got only 30 tokens, my friend got 15.

:(

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I don’t like the no tokens till end thing. Just did a whole TA forward->forward run and leader left at the knights group at the very end and we did that whole run for nothing pretty much. Really don’t like it. :/

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

I also think having such a strict time limit for diminishing returns for all dungeons is a bit daft, some dungeons can be cleared by a competent group in less than 30 minutes, you can’t honestly expect them to just stand around waiting for the clock to tick over.

They just won’t bother doing that content any more.

Oh yes they will.

The fact that the developers cant seem to come flat out and say what we’re supposed to be getting within X days accounting for Y dungeon run time for path Z of dungeon Q if we ran path R of dungeon F within W undisclosed units of time beforehand makes it necessary.

Inci.7560

I must say that it is a rather effective way to counter exploiters until exploits have all been fixed. I myself perfectly understand these measures, only if they were working properly and not limiting every run, that’d be great.

Posted by: Joe Chip.9538

Joe Chip.9538

I thought about this myself.

I run CM at approximately 01:00 AM today (before the patch) and those three more times after the patch was applied. Seems probable.

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

I’m still getting shafted hard by the rewards. Didn’t do dungeons for like 3~4 days, and i haven’t done this path for even longer. My first run today and i’m still getting nerfed rewards. Can you look if my char is bugged? Been like that since you implemented the system. I always get shafted no matter which path i choose or how long i do it. First time doing TA a few days ago and i got 6 silver on the UP path.

Took us about an 1 hour and 30 minutes. That’s still enough to trigger the diminishing returns? My teamates all got different rewards, one of them got 60, one got 5 tokens and so on. What’s the cool down period? Say if i do another one now, am i still getting shafted?

Please robert…i dont want to wait for another week to do dungeons, you have no idea how frustrating this is.

Screenshots when i started and finished.

Attachments:

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

(edited by Moderator)

Malediktus.9250

I thought about this myself.

I run CM at approximately 01:00 AM today (before the patch) and those three more times after the patch was applied. Seems probable.

Probably not, I spent whole day yesterday doing other stuff like wvw

Posted by: Demeron.5423

Demeron.5423

CoF new Bug… u can walk through the Gate that ur so post to blow up… just happened in my current group…lol

Posted by: cinus.8492

cinus.8492

I just finished HotW, first path explorable.
Previous dungeon i’ve done 3-4 days ago, about 10 dungeons overall, since headstart.
I got 15 tokens, other party member got diffirent number of tokens, from my 15 to 60.
If you think that i overmarmed dungeons then QQ

Posted by: delCypher.8391

delCypher.8391

Rewards still bugged:

TA, up : 5 group members with 60 token
TA, forward-forward: 3 group members with 60 token, 2 members with 45 token
TA, forward-up: 2 group member with 60 token, 1 member with 45 token, 2 with 30 token
CoF, Magg: 2 group member, 1 member 45 token, 2 member with 15 token

We spent more than 30 minutes on each path.

Inci.7560

I’m becoming more and more sure that the problem is not a product of just this patch. The symptoms are too random, I think it’s a product of multiple restrictions placed on rewards not completely removed or something from previous patches, since everyone gets DR’d differently. So, people like me who’ve seen all the patches and played dungeons on all of them don’t even get the first full reward.

Just guessing though, obviously.

Posted by: Gunzwei.5417

Gunzwei.5417

TA – UP
Me -60, Guildmate A -60

CM – Asura
Me -45, Guildmate A-60

AC – Ghost Eater
Me -30, Guildmate A-60, Guildmate B -15

Every run easily had over 30m between them and none of us have a run a dungeon in about 48 hours. Guildmate B had not run a dungeon in three days and AC was his first dungeon of the night.

Posted by: tozzfu.1364

tozzfu.1364

cof- path 2
first time : 30 tokens
second time : 5 tokens

both runs i did it over 30 mins
not idea how i got less than everyone in the team both times

Malediktus.9250

Just did CoF path 2, ~30min, first time since days, 30 tokens, 13 silvers.
This doesnt feel right.
Please put back the original system without dimishing return stupid back. Dungeons is the only endgame content pve people can do.

Posted by: Prophet.6954

Prophet.6954

• Devs ****

What I am seeing from my guildmates and others is that instead of the code impacting the actual person, it appears to be applying diminishing returns based off the party leader.

So: Party Leader gets 60, 2nd person in party gets 45, 3rd person gets 30, 4th gets 20, and 5th person gets 5. It should be 60 across the board, and the code seems to be diminishing the party instead.

Malediktus.9250

• Devs ****

What I am seeing from my guildmates and others is that instead of the code impacting the actual person, it appears to be applying diminishing returns based off the party leader.

So: Party Leader gets 60, 2nd person in party gets 45, 3rd person gets 30, 4th gets 20, and 5th person gets 5. It should be 60 across the board, and the code seems to be diminishing the party instead.

I doubt this, I was party leader and got less while all others got 60 in Honor of the Waves. Only in CoF someone else was leader.

Posted by: Voidspawn.1934

Voidspawn.1934

Yep, definitely bugged. Did CM explorable, only got 30 tokens even though I haven’t done any other dungeons today and I haven’t completed an explorable dungeon in like..2 weeks. The rest of my team got 45 which is also not right.

Posted by: Vizier.3164

Vizier.3164

Did CM path 3

Did it in about 30min killing everything in our path.
I was with my mesmer, rest of the party was 3 warriors 1 guardian (all lvl 80)

I got 45 tokens and 19 silver while the rest of the party got 60 tokens and more silver

I did not run any dungeon for the past 3 days.

i7-3770K, XFX HD7970, ASUS SABERTOOTH, G.Skill ARES 16 GB 1600
Vizier: 80 mesm-guard-ele-war
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

Take off this system, for nearly 2 weeks, my guild members which are not speed clearing are getting not the rewards it should be, and everyone we are asking is the same all over.
“180 Token each dungeon when you complete each path everyday once”
Which is not working, as the system before this one, and they both are making the experience really negative.
Please take it off till you can pull something better, because instead of putting down th e people that does speedclears, you are putting down everyone.
Thanks.

Posted by: Vizier.3164

Vizier.3164

and even tho the tokens now say they are account bound, they are really not. i can not take tokens from the bank, that i got last week with my alt.

they also do not stack

i7-3770K, XFX HD7970, ASUS SABERTOOTH, G.Skill ARES 16 GB 1600
Vizier: 80 mesm-guard-ele-war
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Armstrong.1904

Armstrong.1904

If you are seeing issues, please post the dungeon/path you chose, and how long it took you to do that path, and when the last time you ran a dungeon was. These will help uus determine what might be going wrong.

My post from the other thread:

Here is the data from two runs of AC that we just finished a few minutes ago. The same five players did both runs and were all level 80. The last dungeon run prior to these two for players 1-4 was at approximately 9PM PST last night. It had been over a week since player 5 ran his last dungeon.

Run 1: AC, Detha, Start time: 11:50, End time: 12:15
Player 1: 45 tokens, 19.5 silver
Player 2: 60 tokens, 26 silver
Player 3: 45 tokens, 19.5 silver
Player 4: 45 tokens, 19.5 silver
Player 5: 60 tokens, 26 silver

Run 2: AC, Tzark, Start time: 12:22, End time: 12:53
Player 1: 30 tokens, 13 silver
Player 2: 60 tokens, 26 silver
Player 3: 30 tokens, 13 silver
Player 4: 30 tokens, 13 silver
Player 5: 45 tokens, 19.5 silver

These results are similar to what we have been experiencing since the DR system was introduced. Player 2 has been consistently getting correct rewards while the rest of us are getting permanently diminished rewards when, as far as I can tell, we have not been triggering DR conditions. Even if DR conditions were being triggered, we should all be getting the same rewards which is clearly not the case.

Posted by: nimrod.9482

nimrod.9482

OK i will break it down:

We as a group did Ascalon Explorer Path1:
Player1: 60 Tokens / first dungeon today
Player2: 30 /first dungeon today
Player3: 30 / first dungeon today
Player4: 30
Player4: 45

Ascalon Explorer Path2:
Player1: 60
Player2: 30
Player3: 30
Player4: 30
Player5: 45

Ascalon Explorer Path3:
Player1: 45
Player2: 6????
Player3: 15
Player4: 15
Player5: 30

(for all 3 paths together we needed around 2 hours)

So yeah seems to be “constant” to the ppl BUT all ppl in our group did it first time today, so there shouldn´t be DR for them…

I don´t know how u code your stuff, but I put it very simple

if
dungeon.clear <= 30 min;
then
DR (insert your fenzy calculation function {here}; // seems to me broken as hell for all
else full reward

if path.x = path.x within <= 30min
then DR
else
full reward

Well its not perfect nor do i really know how u script your game, but it can´t be that difficult to come up with a simple solution… removing the Tokens from chests as rewards was a good one, so ppl are forced to clear the dungeons and have to do them propely now… thumbs up for that.

BUT for gods sake, look deep into your DR system and maybe lower the 30min to 20min, because good groups will take for some path less than 30minutes and nobody wants to go AFK just because DR kicks in..

Just my 2 Cents

-now u can go kittenmode-

(edited by nimrod.9482)

Posted by: OnionXI.6735

OnionXI.6735

Did AC on Ghost Eater path. First run of the day and I hadn’t run any dungeons at all for about 2 days. Didn’t time the run but it was maybe 30min. I got 45 tokens instead of 60.

Posted by: Echo.2087

Echo.2087

Really need to look at your code here guys… this is getting silly.

HotW path one: Leader got 45, everyone else 60. ~40 minutes

HotW path two: Leader got 30, I got 45, everyone else 60. ~50 minutes

This is not speedrunning, just normally playing through the content as designed, no exploits, no bypassing content shenanigans. Everyone in the party had done it for the very first time today.

There should be no diminishing returns system for speedrunning anyway, unless it’s just fail-safes against exploiting (i.e. Magg exploits).

Minor issue, but also tokens don’t stack with old tokens.

Posted by: Prophet.6954

Prophet.6954

!@ Echo

On the tokens not stacking, it’s been reported in several other threads and a bug fix will be applied within a week. On the downside, this will make character’s armour obtained from tokens be destroyed with no way to confirm who had, or didn’t have armor. But at least dungeons will be fixed so you can earn it all back again quite easily. Progress is progress right?!

(I kid I kid…but for real it was posted, and a developer confirmed it’s in the queue to patch. )

Posted by: evilinside.6308

evilinside.6308

CoE , 2’nd path, first dungeon in about a week, 1 token…

Posted by: Stigma.7869

Stigma.7869

So questions is.. should we just sit around the final boss and not do anything for 10-20min just to make sure we get the full rewards? Kinda stupid if reward system is dependent on dungeon clear time…

When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.

Posted by: patasde.6087

patasde.6087

few mins ago finished Citadel of Flame 2nd path – completion time 40+minutes, reward 30 carvings (FIRST RUN THIS DAY), last did COF 2nd path 2 days ago…

and before that almost unable to get inside dungeon clicking to enter and nothings or it creates new dungeon only for my and rest of party are in second

friends already stopping to play bcs of this… noone wants to run dungeons to die xx times for random reward im glad i can run dung once a day because of work and i dont even get proper reward

(edited by patasde.6087)

Posted by: rulzo.3189

rulzo.3189

1st run – AC explroable Ghost Eater
me: 60
2: 30
3:60
4:60
5:60

Run 2 – Howling King
me: 45
2: 30
3: 60
4: 60
5: 45

All where fresh startes no one had done a dungeon in explorable for at least a day (24hrs) we defenitly did not speed clear it becaue we wiped quite a few times on the burrow boss event. This is really a blow to me and my guildies as we are not going to do these dugeons without proper compensation bugged or not.

Posted by: Folgorea.4197

Folgorea.4197

same problem here for me too

1st run AC explorer path1 – I got 45 tokens (some got 60 some got 45 like me)
2nd run AC explorer path2 – I got 15 tokens (some others got 60 some 45)
1st run TA explorer “up path” – I got 15 tokens (others got all 60)
1st run CM explorer – 3rd path – I got 15 tokens (all others go 60 tokens)

now at least for TA and CM I can say I hadn’t done them in weeks, not sure about AC could be that I did them yesterday.

Please fix ASAP – I am a PVE dungeon skritt and its making the fun of this game go away real fast.

also it would be nice if I could get the missing tokens awarded.

Posted by: Keileia.4832

Keileia.4832

yes can i get the tokens that i’m currently owed for my time? :p that’ll be 45 of them please! XD