Dungeon run scam

Dungeon run scam

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Def Pinoy.7029

Def Pinoy.7029

I was kicked out of the party when we were about to do the last part in COF Path 3, I think everyone here knows how tricky that path is, I was the only guardian and gave them a good support throughout the path and boom! kicked when just about to kill last boss.

Is there something that can be done to prevent random kicking? Kicking should be limited to; if a player is inactive for X amount of time or if disconnected for X amount of time.

Some of you will say; “play with your guild”. Please. Not everyone wants to run all paths at any given time.

Thoughts?

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Whoah whoah, ok you got kicked, but CoF P3 is as tricky as saying ‘1, 2, 3, go’

Dungeon run scam

Def Pinoy.7029

Okay let me reword it. COF p3 is not like p1 and p2. You would need at least players who have an idea about the path to save time. But this is not the issue. It can happen to any paths on any dungeon. Being kicked out of the party at the last boss.

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

You were probs bad man. I can’t speak much of EU scum but NA generally doesn’t kick without a reason, maybe they got sick of carrying the PVT – scepter camping Guardian?

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

NA generally doesn’t kick without a reason

The two nice chaps who joined my party and kicked me out of the dungeon at the end of P4 when I tried to sell, kicked me with a good reason.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Dungeon run scam

Def Pinoy.7029

You were probs bad man. I can’t speak much of EU scum but NA generally doesn’t kick without a reason, maybe they got sick of carrying the PVT – scepter camping Guardian?

Are you serious? We we’re doing fine. I admit I was a support guardian (altruistic). It was a successful run until the last boss and them boom! I got kicked. You would be crazy to not think that they would invite some low level guildy or friend to get the xp and gold+rewards.

Dungeon run scam

Player Character.9467

The two nice chaps who joined my party and kicked me out of the dungeon at the end of P4 when I tried to sell, kicked me with a good reason.

Oh wow, selling more than 1 spot must be a bit dangerous

Dungeon run scam

Dolan.3071

Rafi told me about that! Oh man I cringed. But you were selling slots, that’s a bit different to just Pugging CoF3, that and for some reason people suddenly feel the need to report/grief every person who is selling slots :/

“Doing fine” can have very different meanings, you might’ve been doing something wrong without noticing, ranged camping can annoy a lot of people. Other than that idunno, I suppose watch out if two or more of the group are from the same guild, and if you got griefed then it would’ve been for Dungeon Master title :/

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

(edited by Dolan.3071)

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

I can’t remember what led to it (probably me telling them they were awful), but a couple people from a pug CoE group kicked me right after we killed the last Alpha but before the rewards could pop up. The conversation was happening way earlier in the run too, so they cooked up the plan long before they hatched it.

I chuckled.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Dungeon run scam

Dolan.3071

Broad stop trying to be so scumbag elitist, it doesn’t suit you and we have too many here already. I miss the friendly Canadian those are always in short supply.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Dungeon run scam

Def Pinoy.7029

I think I know the situation more than you do. By fine I mean, no wipes. a couple of downs (not me). A smooth run. I knew that they knew how to get P3 done and they never said anything about not being satisfied with the run whatsoever. Ranged camping? I was hammering the crap out of enemies in P3.

I’m sure this has happened a lot, and something should be done here before it gets abused.

Dungeon run scam

Player Character.9467

Well if you actually reported instead of making a qq thread then something might actually get done.

Dungeon run scam

Def Pinoy.7029

I already have, but reporting it through in game by just saying “scamming” is not enough. You would need to report the situation. Is it always a QQ thread whenever you report a scam/incident? People this days…

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I already have, but reporting it through in game by just saying “scamming” is not enough. You would need to report the situation. Is it always a QQ thread whenever you report a scam/incident? People this days…

You have to respect that a lot of people get pretty touchy on the subject of ‘Dungeon run scam’, due to some of us selling dungeon spots, or may have friends that do so. Threads like these tend to contest the legitimacy of such services, so they’re generally received quite poorly, especially when it’s a claim without much proof (I respect that it’s quite hard to get proof of such a thing).

There’s also been a lot of drama, mostly stirred up by the poobutt babies that frequent Reddit, where players like myself are getting griefed both on gw2lfg (false flags), and ingame, when trying to offer a legitimate service. Threads like this often encourage such behavior, as people become more and more certain that people selling spots are kicking innocent outsiders (such as potentially your case).

It’s nothing personal, and I hope you understand why some of these responses are as they are. Threads like these just bring out the worst in the community, for various reasons.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Dungeon run scam

Def Pinoy.7029

You have to respect that a lot of people get pretty touchy on the subject of ‘Dungeon run scam’, due to some of us selling dungeon spots, or may have friends that do so. Threads like these tend to contest the legitimacy of such services, so they’re generally received quite poorly, especially when it’s a claim without much proof (I respect that it’s quite hard to get proof of such a thing).

There’s also been a lot of drama, mostly stirred up by the poobutt babies that frequent Reddit, where players like myself are getting griefed both on gw2lfg (false flags), and ingame, when trying to offer a legitimate service. Threads like this often encourage such behavior, as people become more and more certain that people selling spots are kicking innocent outsiders (such as potentially your case).

It’s nothing personal, and I hope you understand why some of these responses are as they are. Threads like these just bring out the worst in the community, for various reasons.

To be honest, I’ve never heard of selling spots in dungeons until this thread. I mostly read stuff in crafting and black lion trading forums. I understand where you are coming from, but hey. I’m only here to report a situation where I ( and possibly others as well) got taken advantage of. Their issues regarding selling slots in dungeons, I have no clue and I don’t care.

Hopefully, Anet can do something about this before it gets abused.

Dungeon run scam

Player Character.9467

FILE
A
TICKET

can’t make it any clearer… ur at a gas pump asking for a police officer

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

Well if you actually reported instead of making a qq thread then something might actually get done.

I really like to believe that something “gets done,” but it’s just hard. Someone mentioned that reporting is a “make you feel good” tool, and I agree. It’s understandable that some have lost faith and the only thing they can do is vent their frustrations in forum.

Maybe you know someone who got punished, or at least warned, for kicking at the end of dungeons?

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

To prevent that from happening, I’d personally invite 1 person at a time and have them send you the money in the mail before accepting the next one. Especially if they join 2 at once. That way, at least you have your money.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

STAFF GUARDIAN REPORTING IN

Dungeon run scam

Def Pinoy.7029

FILE
A
TICKET

can’t make it any clearer… ur at a gas pump asking for a police officer

YOU
ARE
TRYING
SO
HARD

rofl.

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

In the pug life there is no mercy and there can be no tears. Things happen, innocents will be hurt. You’ll meet angels with hearts of gold and the most vile scum of the earth. This is the reality you face each time you join a pug. I would say you chose this, but for most people, they didn’t choose the pug life, the pug life chose them.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

I was kicked out of the party when we were about to do the last part in COF Path 3, I think everyone here knows how tricky that path is, I was the only guardian and gave them a good support throughout the path and boom! kicked when just about to kill last boss.

Is there something that can be done to prevent random kicking? Kicking should be limited to; if a player is inactive for X amount of time or if disconnected for X amount of time.

Some of you will say; “play with your guild”. Please. Not everyone wants to run all paths at any given time.

Thoughts?

woa woa woa! support? What were you thinking? Didn’t you hear that playing in pos of other players is selfish and building for fast own farming is being cooperative? Geez man, get some logic and play for the team! quit that support crap

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Dungeon run scam

Def Pinoy.7029

Thoughts?

woa woa woa! support? What were you thinking? Didn’t you hear that playing in pos of other players is selfish and building for fast own farming is being cooperative? Geez man, get some logic and play for the team! quit that support crap

Again, you fail. You rush to conclusion without even realizing the situation. We had an engineer and a gs ranger on our team. So whatever you are trying to say is invalid.

I would’ve get the boot even if I used my zerk warrior.

(edited by Def Pinoy.7029)

Dungeon run scam

Def Pinoy.7029

If they didnt want me on their group, they would’ve kicked me at the start of the dungeon; heck even in the first part; but no! last part of p3 where you kill boss.

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Thoughts?

Again, you fail. You rush to conclusion without even realizing the situation. We had an engineer and a gs ranger on our team. So whatever you are trying to say is invalid.

Omg. I was being sarcastic actually posting in your favor showing that there is a failed logic that says supports are selfish and zerk are cooperative… I thought it wasn’t that hard to get.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Dungeon run scam

Def Pinoy.7029

Thoughts?

Omg. I was being sarcastic actually posting in your favor showing that there is a failed logic that says supports are selfish and zerk are cooperative… I thought it wasn’t that hard to get.

My sarcasm detector broke. I get what you mean now. my bad

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

If they didnt want me on their group, they would’ve kicked me at the start of the dungeon; heck even in the first part; but no! last part of p3 where you kill boss.

This story either never happened or you were playing badly, it’s one of the two.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: mehcetylene.2376

mehcetylene.2376

I think it’s unlikely that (if) they did this, it was to sell your spot. I doubt anyone scans gw2lfg for coe spots.

The more likely scenario is they were unhappy with the way you were playing (low damage AH) or it was something you said, and decided to be jerks about it and kick you at the end.

Dungeon run scam

Def Pinoy.7029

This story either never happened or you were playing badly, it’s one of the two.

It’s funny how some people look at this situation differently.

It’s like a drunk driving person hit and killed a person who is walking at the sidewalk and blaming the guy who got killed for walking, being there and or not being aware of the car that is coming.

This is not rocket science people; If i was doing bad; I would’ve leave the party myself. The run was smooth, only a couple of downs in the team. There were no arguments or any issues and they never said anything in chat. I got kicked at the last part where you can get bonus/xp/gold.

Is this really hard to understand?

Dungeon run scam

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

No one is denying thakittens highly likely your story is true. What people are questioning is why you are making a QQ post here rather than just reporting the individuals and moving on.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

Dungeon run scam

colesy.8490

What’s hard to understand is that a grade A scumbag like me can PUG and never get kicked, while you who was seemingly doing nothing wrong does. So again, you either made this up or you were playing badly. It’s easy for players to tell when someone isn’t pulling their weight, I noticed it when I had to run CoE with some of the guys I usually run with and 2 pugs, bosses weren’t melting as fast as usual and then I found out one of the pugs was using a ruby orb in their greatsword and they weren’t running axe/mace either. I can’t remember what the other guy had.

Were you running as the one-off in a guild group by any chance?

Dungeon run scam

Def Pinoy.7029

No one is denying thakittens highly likely your story is true. What people are questioning is why you are making a QQ post here rather than just reporting the individuals and moving on.

I just posted a “situation” that happened that I thought was unfair. Why is everyone here so defensive?

I have reported them and I am already over it. Finished P3 with the next group.

Jesus, can’t make a proper discussion here without someone being an kitten

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Theres no discussion to be had though. You just posted to vent your frustration i presume.

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I just posted a “situation” that happened that I thought was unfair. Why is everyone here so defensive?

You aren’t over it because you just posted about it 3 minutes ago. We also aren’t being defensive, we are wondering exactly what you are doing.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Dungeon run scam

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Theres no discussion to be had though. You just posted to vent your frustration i presume.

Exactly this. What is the discussion you wanted to have? Did you want a bunch of feel-good “oh man i feel so sorry for you” posts? There is no back and forth conversation or exchange of ideas in a thread like that, so the thread is dead on arrival.

My advice, and please take it, if you want the type of carebear feel good posts pity party posts to get a positive reception, post them on the reddit subforum. The quaggan backpack furry homoerotic fan fic run what you want RP crowd on there loves stories about meanies who run dungeons oppressing the little guy.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

Dungeon run scam

Def Pinoy.7029

What’s hard to understand is that a grade A scumbag like me can PUG and never get kicked, while you who was seemingly doing nothing wrong does. So again, you either made this up or you were playing badly. It’s easy for players to tell when someone isn’t pulling their weight, I noticed it when I had to run CoE with some of the guys I usually run with and 2 pugs, bosses weren’t melting as fast as usual and then I found out one of the pugs was using a ruby orb in their greatsword and they weren’t running axe/mace either. I can’t remember what the other guy had.

Were you running as the one-off in a guild group by any chance?

I joined the group through gw2lfg. It wasn’t a “only zerkers”; I was the 5th member in the party to come in so there’s no way I can tell if I was the only pug. I didn’t really get the chance to look at everyone’s guild as I wasn’t expecting to be kicked out at the last part.

Look, I am just doing my dungeon runs and get my reward chests, Ive been doing it since the last dungeon updates. I run AC p1 + P3, COf p1 + p2 + p3 and hotw p1. I reroll to other professions depending on what the group needs.

If you guys think I did bad, then can’t change that. I am just here reporting an unfair experience. You guys can speculate all you want.

Dungeon run scam

Def Pinoy.7029

You aren’t over it because you just posted about it 3 minutes ago. We also aren’t being defensive, we are wondering exactly what you are doing.

I am over the fact that I got kicked out of the party, But I am not over about how you guys look at this situation. It is not rocket science.

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Dramen Maidria.1034

Dramen Maidria.1034

In the pug life there is no mercy and there can be no tears. Things happen, innocents will be hurt. You’ll meet angels with hearts of gold and the most vile scum of the earth. This is the reality you face each time you join a pug. I would say you chose this, but for most people, they didn’t choose the pug life, the pug life chose them.

This may very well be the most awesome thing I have seen on this forum, and honestly the reason why I have a good guild and a sold friends list to run dungeons

Dramen Maidria
Knights of ARES, Dragonbrand
Good times, good memories

Dungeon run scam

Def Pinoy.7029

Exactly this. What is the discussion you wanted to have? Did you want a bunch of feel-good “oh man i feel so sorry for you” posts? There is no back and forth conversation or exchange of ideas in a thread like that, so the thread is dead on arrival.

My advice, and please take it, if you want the type of carebear feel good posts pity party posts to get a positive reception, post them on the reddit subforum. The quaggan backpack furry homoerotic fan fic run what you want RP crowd on there loves stories about meanies who run dungeons oppressing the little guy.

I am sharing a bad experience; I was expecting some constructive input on how to fight these kinds of acts and to further lessen it. NOPE! All i got was;

“youre probably doing bad man”
“wtf guardian”
“support?!?!?”
“you were probably talking crap in chat”
“you’re not a zerk”
“youre using a staff”

ROFL!

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Play better and get zerk gear and you will avoid being kicked as often. Also dont talk crap or use a staff.

Happy?

Dungeon run scam

Def Pinoy.7029

ROFL! Best community ever

Dungeon run scam

colesy.8490

Play better and get zerk gear and you will avoid being kicked as often. Also dont talk crap or use a staff.

Happy?

Apparently not.

OP just wants to be coddled when he should just get over the fact that (if it happened) he got kicked.

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Dramen Maidria.1034

Dramen Maidria.1034

The title of your thread is going to attract the wrong type of attention, and as Mexican Cookie explained, this has been a touchy subject the last few weeks. I would advise against judging the entire community based off what a couple people are saying in the thread you created.

Dramen Maidria
Knights of ARES, Dragonbrand
Good times, good memories

Dungeon run scam

Def Pinoy.7029

I am over it; I finished cof p3 with the next group I joined. That is not the topic anymore; it how you guys can get so defensive and sensitive regarding this topic

Dungeon run scam

Def Pinoy.7029

Actually, I blame myself for even making this kind of thread. I seriously expected some positive feedback on how to avoid them or if there’s something Anet can be done to fight these kind of unfair acts. I don’t post here often, I mostly hang and read stuff in crafting and blt threads. This place is hostile. I wont make a thread here ever again.

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Sorry about your crappy thread. Pinoy Pride.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

Hmmm well, this issue has been around since the early days so I guess ppl got sick and tired of hearing the same stuff over and over around.

There is nothing really constructive left to add beyond that, only some preventive measures like adding group in list, be careful of similar guilds, be the dungeon owner etc.

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: RagingDragon.9475

RagingDragon.9475

Actually, I blame myself for even making this kind of thread. I seriously expected some positive feedback on how to avoid them or if there’s something Anet can be done to fight these kind of unfair acts. I don’t post here often, I mostly hang and read stuff in crafting and blt threads. This place is hostile. I wont make a thread here ever again.

Don’t PUG problem solved.

And not everyone is hostile, but unfortunately the community has taken a turn for the worse in the last couple of weeks. So instead of looking on the forums for answers I recommend you find a good guild in game or some in game friends that you can hang with to avoid any future issues.

If you don’t have a good guild check the guild recruitment section and find one that fits. After a year of this game being out, most of the decent players have found friends or guilds to run with, leaving most of the unsavory players to PUG.

Commander Kane Ragingdragon
Knights of Ares [ARES] - Apply Now

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Only 2 characters of my 5 run beserker, Warrior and Thief, and i run dungeons on them less than my others, but i dont get kicked from pugs

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

The only advice I can give, which has worked for me, is be friendly. Not overly talkative, but say hi, stay positive. When people are taking out their frustration on you, just let it roll off – don’t try and argue. You don’t need to be a push over, but engaging with the argument just creates antagonism. It sounds like, though, this wasn’t the case for you – they didn’t ask you to alter your playstyle, things seemed to be going fine, and they suddenly they kick you. Unfortunently, that’s the risk your take when you join a pug. Just remember that you are grouping with total strangers – there’s really no telling what people will do. If you go in with the understanding that running dungeons with strangers is a calculated risk, it will be easier to brush off those rare, random moments when things turn bad seemingly out of the blue.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]