Dungeon run scam

Dungeon run scam

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Abardagul.5849

Abardagul.5849

Actually, I blame myself for even making this kind of thread. I seriously expected some positive feedback on how to avoid them or if there’s something Anet can be done to fight these kind of unfair acts. I don’t post here often, I mostly hang and read stuff in crafting and blt threads. This place is hostile. I wont make a thread here ever again.

you went into the wrong hood, man. notice that these “hostile” posters are the very same group of people that reply to every single thread in this subforum so obviously, they already got fed up with this kind of issue and will gang up against anyone who post it. if you want a constructive discussion about your problem, try posting in other subforum.

also, please don’t generalize the entire gw2 community because some of them are total kitten. people in general discussion & php are really friendly and helpful so try and get some advice from there.

Lantriss ~ Guardian
Typhoon Dador ~ Warrior

(edited by Abardagul.5849)

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

I already have, but reporting it through in game by just saying “scamming” is not enough. You would need to report the situation. Is it always a QQ thread whenever you report a scam/incident? People this days…

FILE
A
TICKET

can’t make it any clearer… ur at a gas pump asking for a police officer

YOU
ARE
TRYING
SO
HARD

rofl.

I’m being completely serious, you said you used the in game report system. Don’t. Use the actual support site. In game gets viewed if there are enough reports to flag something. Support tickets are required to be looked at by a real person.

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Only 2 characters of my 5 run beserker, Warrior and Thief, and i run dungeons on them less than my others, but i dont get kicked from pugs

+1 … and I’ve done nothing but PUG since the ancient days of Diablo1. (the few who did try something… got bathed in firewalls from a special port tunneling script)

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Im nice to everyone, and accept any and all into parties… as long as people arent jerks i dont kick, if people are inexperienced i take the current run to help the learn

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

I just love this thread, please keep posting…

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

People need to check the link in my signature, it clearly says
3- If you got kicked from a dungeon and someone sold the spot, report them, don’t make a thread about it, we are not devs, we hate those people as much as you do, kittening about it is not going to solve your problem, reporting will.
And regarding Def pinoy’s statement about us being hostile, the link also says
9- The community in this section is not nice, you have been warned…
It’s your fault you got negative feedback, it doesn’t say “before posting a thread in the dungeon forum” just for the lolz…

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

No, the dungeon community is nice, it just has a very low tolerance for BS. People then walk in here complaining about things like TAFU being too hard when it boils down to just learn to play, and then they get given examples of groups that have done it such as Nikaido’s naked run and Bright’s group with randoms but they just don’t want to hear it and carry on crying for nerf.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Zacchaeed.2834

Zacchaeed.2834

Get into a habit of taking screenshots in every dungeon you pug just in case some scum decides to kick you. I’ve never had it happen in Dungeons or FotM, but I still take screencaps just in case.

File a report and show the evidence of their toon name, get friends to report them as well to bring ‘attention’ to the account.

It’s a dog move. No matter how hard some pugs have sucked in my groups, I never kicked for a lack of skill or experience, only if I saw an MF parrot or someone pinged MF gear on entry >_>

Tarnished Coast
Zacchaeed – Warrior | Alfvaldr – Guardian

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Rockaholic.2180

Rockaholic.2180

You were probs bad man. I can’t speak much of EU scum but NA generally doesn’t kick without a reason, maybe they got sick of carrying the PVT – scepter camping Guardian?

NA scums do kick without good reason. It’s call graveling.

Recently there are growing trend of kicking players at the end of dungeon just before the rewards are given or chests.
Most of them who are doing this 8 to 16 years kids, usually bad players themselves.
I always find myself playing at the wee hour to avoid this kids, and also my guild has been kicking players at that age group most of the time, just after finding out most of them are as*holes .

I though WoW was bad(5 years ago), but this breed of new as*holes are whole new league.
Likely the reason of such douch* bags in this game is affordable, which is why we have growing number of this kind of no life kiddy douch* bags in this game.

(edited by Rockaholic.2180)

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

kids these days

Retired. Too many casuals.

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Rockaholic.2180

Rockaholic.2180

People need to check the link in my signature, it clearly says
3- If you got kicked from a dungeon and someone sold the spot, report them, don’t make a thread about it, we are not devs, we hate those people as much as you do, kittening about it is not going to solve your problem, reporting will.
And regarding Def pinoy’s statement about us being hostile, the link also says
9- The community in this section is not nice, you have been warned…
It’s your fault you got negative feedback, it doesn’t say “before posting a thread in the dungeon forum” just for the lolz…

creating threads and posting is still needed, it create awareness for other players

Dungeon run scam

ilr.9675

well aren’t you just a bowl of chuckles? …plz, keep sharing your wisdom

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

creating threads and posting is still needed, it create awareness for other players

1 thread is enough to create awareness, and awareness is the exact reason this started happening, people assumed that others didn’t solo/duo arah and said that they kicked people based on assumptions, and when people flooded this forum with threads like these that’s when people got the idea to actually kick and sell spots.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Abardagul.5849

Abardagul.5849

alright, everyone. since these scums who post these “I Got Kicked in Dungeon PLS Help!” threads cannot provide any evidence to prove their innocence, let’s automatically assume, without any evidence whatsoever, that these people who post these kind of threads are liars, noobs and “give other people an idea to kick and sell spots” also, don’t forget to flame their post and call these lying scums names for posting QQ thread instead of sucking it up to anet(by submitting a support ticket and “hope” they do something) for a start so they won’t come back to our turf err… dungeon subforum ever again.

Happy posting!

Lantriss ~ Guardian
Typhoon Dador ~ Warrior

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

Dungeon master here.

Some pug cowards (in same guild obviously) kicked me at the end of COF 2 (@ crystal room). I know it’s just COF 2 but this sort of behavior is exactly why ANET should implement a 1 minute countdown and not instant-kicks. In that 1 minute, the person who is getting kicked should get enough info/screenshots to know who exactly is kicking and who have agreed, and can file a report to ANET.

Been there, done that. What’s next?

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

The dungeon master title isn’t worth anything sadly.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Dungeon run scam

mage.3570

No one asked for your opinion what it’s worth.

I am just pointing to the fact that dungeon abusers will kick anyone regardless of skill level.

Dungeon run scam

mage.3570

Is this where i get all botthurt and report posts that hurt muh feelings? To me it looks like that’s what most people are doing.

Indeed, I think you are just kitten that I had to reply to your post. If you have nothing to discuss about this on-going abuse, then go troll elsewhere where I am not around.

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Mr bigshot dungeon master coming in here thinking we care. Honestly stop bringing it up on the forums. Its pointless. Some people are kittens, it happens, its a risk when you pug. Just report them and move on.

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Bunmaster.9734

Bunmaster.9734

There is no point in posting this in forums, devs don’t visit here often. The only answer to take screenshots when the dungeon starts and report them if kicked.

Don’t get me wrong but Dungeon Master =/= skill. Too many had been carried through dungeons and/or paid for Arah paths, so DM title is not a very prestigious thing.

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

There is no point in taking screenshots at the beginning of dungeon. It shows you’re in the party but doesn’t show what led to the kicking, maybe just a terrible player or actually trolls who kick for profit or let guild members in.

Obviously I have no proof, but imho there’s also no point in reporting. I got into habit of adding party members to friends list and if I get kick I block them. I do check my block list once a while, and those who kicked me are still active to this very day. Maybe they got a puny 6hr temp banned. xD

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

I once had some longbow healshout warrior (who kept pinging his Dawn in chat for some reason but never used it, and wouldn’t turn off his commander icon) try to kick me at the end of a COE run (I forget which path, I think frontdoor) only to find out that I was the instance creator. They might have nerfed this now but back then if the instance creator got kicked, he still kept the instance, so I just went and reinvited the other pugs + a guildmate and laughed when he PM’d me begging me to let him back in.

Then he threatened to report me. That was also funny. Dunno if he actually had the balls to do it though.

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

I am just pointing to the fact that dungeon abusers will kick anyone regardless of skill level.

What skill level is associated with the DM title? I’m still working on mine but hopefully I’ll be there soon.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Dungeon run scam

Player Character.9467

What skill level is associated with the DM title? I’m still working on mine but hopefully I’ll be there soon.

Well I assume part of it is soloing Lupi and some of the other bosses. Some requirements that mean the title says something about you and not something about you being carried through 3mannable content.

Dungeon run scam

colesy.8490

Been avoiding CoF p1 for this long?

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Ah you hit a nerve there.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

CoF p3 for me.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Well I assume part of it is soloing Lupi and some of the other bosses. Some requirements that mean the title says something about you and not something about you being carried through 3mannable content.

Pretty sure you can get the title without solo’ing anything.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Dungeon run scam

ilr.9675

Yep… AP4 is cake, but that CP1 … it scares me… I hear people always get kicked right before the final boss. Oh DM title…. why are you so elite??? kant get it

Dungeon run scam

colesy.8490

I wasn’t poking fun at the challenge, it’s just a few of the competent dungeon runners (good example is Bright actually) just hate CoF p1 on principle and didn’t even run it when it was farmed.

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I wasn’t poking fun at the challenge, it’s just a few of the competent dungeon runners (good example is Bright actually) just hate CoF p1 on principle and didn’t even run it when it was farmed.

Bright is a hipster. He loved CoE before it was mainstream, now it’s mainstream so he moved on to Arah.

Dungeon run scam

spoj.9672

But all dungeons are mainstream now, except hotw. Does that mean we have to all go keen at sponge of the waves?

Dungeon run scam

swiftpaw.6397

But all dungeons are mainstream now, except hotw. Does that mean we have to all go keen at sponge of the waves?

I don’t want to go back there after joining a pug team that was entirely decked out in pvt. :/

Dungeon run scam

colesy.8490

PVT…. HOTW…

Did they think there was an achievement for putting yourself under prolonged torture?

Dungeon run scam

Emanuel.9781

PVT…. HOTW…

Did they think there was an achievement for putting yourself under prolonged torture?

Maybe i should gather my Wayfarer’s gear squad once again and do HotW path 3(which was the longest path?) with them before that gear gets changed.

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Almost no one I know uses the DM title and I can safely say they’re a lot better than most of the fools running around with it.
Now Combat Healer is a true sign of respect.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Dungeon run scam

spoj.9672

Omnomivore op

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

I actually haven’t been in CoF since March I think.

Bright is a hipster. He loved CoE before it was mainstream, now it’s mainstream so he moved on to Arah.

I just got tired of it a bit. It’s a complete faceroll. At least in Arah, stuff can still go wrong..

I’d rather punch myself in the face repeatedly before I start doing HotW on a regular basis. Screw that dungeon and everything it stands for.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Dungeon run scam

swiftpaw.6397

PVT…. HOTW…

Maybe i should gather my Wayfarer’s gear squad once again and do HotW path 3(which was the longest path?) with them before that gear gets changed.

Do it and get that kitten recorded for me. I will link it everytime someone yammers on about builds and gear not mattering.

Dungeon run scam

Player Character.9467

PVT…. HOTW…

Do it and get that kitten recorded for me. I will link it everytime someone yammers on about builds and gear not mattering.

Well as long as he wins it’s technically still that they don’t matter… what you should do is video some ptv or cleric’s failing to out dps a healing mechanic.

Dungeon run scam

swiftpaw.6397

PVT…. HOTW…

Well as long as he wins it’s technically still that they don’t matter… what you should do is video some ptv or cleric’s failing to out dps a healing mechanic.

They matter when you are taking 5 times longer to do the dungeon surely -.-

Dungeon run scam

Emanuel.9781

PVT…. HOTW…

I already have a full wayfarer’s gear CoF 1 run recorded as i mentioned on another thread before. 45 minutes total, 20 minutes on the effigy. I was quite a fight. I’ll make sure to upload it in the next few days already.

Edit: Play How You Want To Play.mp4 is rendering and is soon to be uploaded.

(edited by Emanuel.9781)

Dungeon run scam

ilr.9675

Arah’s getting too mainstream now.

Where are we to go … now that we’ve gone too far

Dungeon run scam

swiftpaw.6397

Arah’s getting too mainstream now.

Where are we to go … now that we’ve gone too far

Lion’s Arch.

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

No, Divinity’s Reach. That’s why we chose the unofficial RP server to locate our guild on.

Dub | [rT]

Dungeon run scam

ilr.9675

kitten Elitist RP’ers….

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: rafi.2304

rafi.2304

No, Divinity’s Reach. That’s why we chose the unofficial RP server to locate our guild on.

ahaha, so that’s why Cookie AFK’s there now… even on NA :O

c:

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Take a screen shot of party members names soon as you zone in, everyone should do this. This has not happen to me yet, but I have been in a group where it has had happen. After I seen few posts like this I started SS all dungeon groups.

JQ Druid

Dungeon run scam

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I actually use a hybrid build in dungeons now. AH with all Celestial gear for great survivability and even greater DPS. Even if it has less Power it has more Crit damage so you deal more damage overall. I bet that’s something you guys didn’t think about.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Dungeon run scam

swiftpaw.6397

I actually use a hybrid build in dungeons now. AH with all Celestial gear for great survivability and even greater DPS. Even if it has less Power it has more Crit damage so you deal more damage overall. I bet that’s something you guys didn’t think about.

I started running this also, but I put pirate runes on it for some awesome magic find and a bird summon which does amazing DPS. I also run with a mistfire wolf and all spirit weapons, it’s like a dungeon runner’s version of the ultimate petting zoo. I literally carry my team.