Dungeon selling.

Dungeon selling.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Def Pinoy.7029

Def Pinoy.7029

On the other hand it is possible that many people suck and need to learn to play. Anet cannot help you with that.

Or you can try reading the first post and realize how the player was kicked at the last stage which is killing the boss. If he did sucked, he would of get the kick way before.

Actually, not always the case. I’ve been in a pugged frac run a long time ago where the pugs were complaining all the time (with good reasons) about a thief in our group who literally went down every 5 seconds or so. At first I thought they didn’t kick him because they were being nice ( 3 of the group members knew each other ) but they in fact just kept him around just to kick him at the third fractal. That player was so bad that he was actually playing with almost completely broken armor, naked, and didn’t even think of relogging to repair or anything. They pretty much kept him around just for the sake of kicking him at the end after having spent 40 minutes in that group being laughed at. The third fractal was the swamp (it was a time where pugs hadn’t fully adopted rolling swamp as first yet) and they kicked him right before engaging mossman.

I don’t approve of this kind of thing and would almost certainly rather kick someone early, or, if I didn’t kick him, put up with it until the end, but there are people who will wait until the end to kick just because they hate you.

What a wall of excuses. Why not just accept that fact that there are scammers out there that are kicking party members at the last boss to either sell the spot or get a guildy/friend to get the xp/gold/mats.

Dungeon selling.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

What a wall of excuses. Why not just accept that fact that there are scammers out there that are kicking party members at the last boss to either sell the spot or get a guildy/friend to get the xp/gold/mats.

I don’t believe he denied that. He simply said it’s not the case 100% of the time, which the BHB’s from reddit/casual-land would like everyone to believe.

If I’m going to kick someone, it’s going to be when they make me run out of patience. If they make me run out of patience at the end of a run, so be it. I’m generally pretty accepting of terrible players, as long as they don’t make something harder than it has to be.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

(edited by The Mexican Cookie.3690)

Dungeon selling.

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

On the other hand it is possible that many people suck and need to learn to play. Anet cannot help you with that.

Or you can try reading the first post and realize how the player was kicked at the last stage which is killing the boss. If he did sucked, he would of get the kick way before.

Actually, not always the case. I’ve been in a pugged frac run a long time ago where the pugs were complaining all the time (with good reasons) about a thief in our group who literally went down every 5 seconds or so. At first I thought they didn’t kick him because they were being nice ( 3 of the group members knew each other ) but they in fact just kept him around just to kick him at the third fractal. That player was so bad that he was actually playing with almost completely broken armor, naked, and didn’t even think of relogging to repair or anything. They pretty much kept him around just for the sake of kicking him at the end after having spent 40 minutes in that group being laughed at. The third fractal was the swamp (it was a time where pugs hadn’t fully adopted rolling swamp as first yet) and they kicked him right before engaging mossman.

I don’t approve of this kind of thing and would almost certainly rather kick someone early, or, if I didn’t kick him, put up with it until the end, but there are people who will wait until the end to kick just because they hate you.

You are an idiot. I was a pug, they didn’t kick me, hence, they weren’t doing anything to sell spots, and that player I saw getting kicked at the third fractal was a terrible player. Like it or not, there are players who find enjoyment in inflicting harm to players they don’t like. Not all kicks are done for scamming sake.

The obsession on path selling is getting old.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

(edited by Nikaido.3457)

Dungeon selling.

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

I remember one time I was pugging fractals and the Guardian was failing. As in, he ate every single arrow, didnt use reflects and insta-died vs the elementals at every transition. Did I kick him? Nope. He voluntarily left the party. We added a guildy, finished the fight, and the guildy left and we reinvited terribadguard.

This was a fractal 24 if I recall. My guess is that he is still stuck on fotm 25.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Dungeon selling.

Def Pinoy.7029

You are an idiot. I was a pug, they didn’t kick me, hence, they weren’t doing anything to sell spots, and that player I saw getting kicked at the third fractal was a terrible player. Like it or not, there are players who find enjoyment in inflicting harm to players they don’t like.

No one is talking about “your pug” or “your party”

We are talking about the increasing amount of groups running dungeons and kick other party members to sell the spot. Why are you guys so bitter and not just acknowledge the fact that it happens and it is a current problem?

Dungeon selling.

Def Pinoy.7029

Just because it didnt happen in your party doesnt mean it cannot happen to others.

Dungeon selling.

The Mexican Cookie.3690

We are talking about the increasing amount of groups running dungeons and kick other party members to sell the spot. Why are you guys so bitter and not just acknowledge the fact that it happens and it is a current problem?

Mostly because I don’t think it happens as much as people presume it does.

Dungeon selling.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Offtopic but: anyone interested in buying Twilight for 2200g?

Dub | [rT]

Dungeon selling.

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Offtopic but: anyone interested in buying Twilight for 2200g?

I can get many ascended weapons for the same price.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Dungeon selling.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

But none with such a nice look

Dub | [rT]

Dungeon selling.

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

If engineers get access to GS let me know. I’ll grind gold for that. xD

Dungeon selling.

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

once the dungeon is started (quest is started inside) no one not in the party should be able to get rewarded for the run.. stopping all the exploiting crap., not hard to do anet is just kittened.

Dungeon selling.

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

You are an idiot. I was a pug, they didn’t kick me, hence, they weren’t doing anything to sell spots, and that player I saw getting kicked at the third fractal was a terrible player. Like it or not, there are players who find enjoyment in inflicting harm to players they don’t like.

No one is talking about “your pug” or “your party”

because it isn’t? kicking from party does not = selling the slot of the person who was just kicked. why is this so hard to understand? people kick others because they are kittens/the other player is terrible, not to sell.

most of the few dungeon sellers around are selling slots for arah, and normally p2 – that path is soloable and even moreso with the number of …tactics… there are. while I don’t agree with exploits at all, the fact remains that the large majority of people selling paths are NOT kicking pugs.

also, there isn’t an increasing number of people “running dungeons and kick other party members to sell the spot”. that is bullkitten. if you take a look at gw2lfg you will find that there aren’t many selling posts at all. do path sellers whisper others selling paths? I highly doubt that.

Dungeon selling.

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

100% of the people I’ve seen complaining about being kicked for path sellers sound suspiciously like they sucked at the game and didn’t want to believe they were kicked simply on that premise.

Heck, one even admitted to being a kittenbag and didn’t understand why he wasn’t allowed to report people that wouldn’t put up with him being a complete kittenbag.

Dungeon selling.

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Sunny Dungeon for sale
230 000 gold
Fully furnished.
Great location, awesome neighborhood.
Good standing, clean and well maintained. Previous occupant took care of all the ghosts and spiders.

I’d like to get a tour for an extra fee, if you’d please. I can’t very well tinker with my diabolical inventions in a place that I’ve never seen before, can I?

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Dungeon selling.

Kirschwasser.3972

Sunny Dungeon for sale
230 000 gold
Fully furnished.
Great location, awesome neighborhood.
Good standing, clean and well maintained. Previous occupant took care of all the ghosts and spiders.

Reported for dungeon selling.

Enjoy your ban, n00b.

Dungeon selling.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

I don’t see a problem with dungeon selling.Such things are common in MMOs.
In other games people will sell Raids lockouts,gear and mounts from the instance.In GW2 people sell dungeons.
If the group haven’t kicked anyone then they have the right to do what ever they want with the instance.It’s their dungeon so they can sell it if they want.
I repeat if the dungeon is done in a legit way for example – 4 people open the dungeon and do it.Later when they are on the final boss they can sell the 5th spot.This way is fine by me.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Dungeon selling.

Posted by: Xandror.2356

Xandror.2356

I am trying to get my Dungeon Master title. I join an Arah path 4 group. As we are about to pull the last boss, I am kicked from the group for no apparent reason. I go on GW2LFG and see the same person who started the group posted “selling seats to last boss of Arah path 4, 20g”. I already stopped doing Fractals because of similar issues. Requiring THREE votes to kick someone would help a lot, or put some sort of limit on how many kicks you an do. SOMETHING.

Dungeon selling.

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I am trying to get my Dungeon Master title. I join an Arah path 4 group. As we are about to pull the last boss, I am kicked from the group for no apparent reason. I go on GW2LFG and see the same person who started the group posted “selling seats to last boss of Arah path 4, 20g”. I already stopped doing Fractals because of similar issues. Requiring THREE votes to kick someone would help a lot, or put some sort of limit on how many kicks you an do. SOMETHING.

Except that probably didn’t happen.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Dungeon selling.

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

I was selling runs today, someone made a post (in my name for extra fun) saying i had scammed them and kicked them and their friends to sell slots… when in fact i just duoed it with a friend.. sigh

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Dungeon selling.

Posted by: Harrahou.4518

Harrahou.4518

I was selling runs today, someone made a post (in my name for extra fun) saying i had scammed them and kicked them and their friends to sell slots… when in fact i just duoed it with a friend.. sigh

I knew this was coming. I saw that post aswell. I also made an LFG post with the name stating this future xD! I get thakittens annoying, has happened to most spot sellers whom have posted here. What can you do?

R80 Multi Classer
Proud Owner of:
Oh Did That Just Happen [Mhmm]

Dungeon selling.

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Wow I gave you a slot today, you run it again just to sell more? What a scumbag
Are you sure you were selling slots and not say… Trying to find one more for FotM 48 @ Maw? :P

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Dungeon selling.

Delay.6908

Wow I gave you a slot today, you run it again just to sell more? What a scumbag
Are you sure you were selling slots and not say… Trying to find one more for FotM 48 @ Maw? :P

Still cant believe you trolled me for a good 10min!

I knew this was coming. I saw that post aswell. I also made an LFG post with the name stating this future xD! I get thakittens annoying, has happened to most spot sellers whom have posted here. What can you do?

Yup.. that was me.. ive even been followed for the past 2 weeks with people randomly using my name so i get spammed, even when im just chilling in LA or doing a random dungeon like TA… Whoever got offended at me selling slots, got REALLY offended.

Dr Winston | [DnT]

(edited by Delay.6908)

Dungeon selling.

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I don’t see a problem with dungeon selling.Such things are common in MMOs.
In other games people will sell Raids lockouts,gear and mounts from the instance.In GW2 people sell dungeons.
If the group haven’t kicked anyone then they have the right to do what ever they want with the instance.It’s their dungeon so they can sell it if they want.
I repeat if the dungeon is done in a legit way for example – 4 people open the dungeon and do it.Later when they are on the final boss they can sell the 5th spot.This way is fine by me.

The fact that you’re ok with people kicking members of the run who contributed to getting to the last boss only to sell their spot speaks a lot about you and what is wrong with the GW2 community.

You didn’t even read his post.

Dungeon selling.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

It keeps getting better.

Attachments:

Brazil

Dungeon selling.

Harrahou.4518

R80 Multi Classer
Proud Owner of:

Dungeon selling.

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

A mmo in 2013 should never have been left to depend on such a website in the first place. I’ve had a similar thing happen to me months ago for unrelated reasons (not path selling) when someone got kitten ed at a friend and was stalking all those who had the same guild tags in LA, then posting their name as looking for group for CoF p1. Got floods of party invite every time I wasn’t in a party, and whispers etc asking for CoF p1. And people joining my party when not full and building for other dungeons thinking we’d do CoF p1.

17th September = good riddance to that website.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Dungeon selling.

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I guess they’re all racist. That’s insane though :|

Dungeon selling.

Delay.6908

Well isnt this interesting..

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Dungeon selling.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I don’t even know what’s happening anymore.

Brazil

Dungeon selling.

Dolan.3071

Brazil that ‘father’ one was me, I felt left out with all these randoms posting kitten about Delay :P

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Dungeon selling.

Delay.6908

All i wanted to do was sell slots in peace.. and now this Q_Q

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Dungeon selling.

Harrahou.4518

I cant post today wow. Screw the trolls. I dont know what i can get away with i needcouncilling on this xD.

R80 Multi Classer
Proud Owner of:

Dungeon selling.

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

I’ve only sold p2 a few times but I’ve never had any problems or any dissatisfied customers. Guess I’ve just been lucky.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Dungeon selling.

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

People that kick others to sell their spots are scum. If someone is in the group and gets to the last boss with the group and ends up being kicked, that should be a bannable offense.

In any case I don’t have to deal with this kitten because I don’t ever pug. And it’s for this reason.

Dungeon selling.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

People that kick others to sell their spots are scum. If someone is in the group and gets to the last boss with the group and ends up being kicked, that should be a bannable offense.

In any case I don’t have to deal with this kitten because I don’t ever pug. And it’s for this reason.

You sound like the kind of person I would kick.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Dungeon selling.

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Cool. I don’t pug, I have an excellent guild that I run with so I never need to see the bottom feeders in my groups. But it’s flattering to know you’d kick me <3

Dungeon selling.

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Would you kick me swiftpaw ?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Dungeon selling.

Kirschwasser.3972

Would you kick me?

I’d kick me.

I’d kick me hard.

Dungeon selling.

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Would you kick me?

I’d kick me.

I’d kick me hard.

It puts the zerk gear on its body or it gets the hose again.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Dungeon selling.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

You sound like the type of person that would join my path 4 run and kick me at the end after 2 manning it, cheating me out of my time and gold.

Brazil

Dungeon selling.

Dolan.3071

Would you kick me?

I’d kick me.

I’d kick me hard.

It puts the zerk gear on its body or it gets the hose again.

Scrub, put the gold in the basket, or else it gets the kick again.

Nah Teh is the kind of guy who clears all the trash, so thinks 4 hour Arah runs are the norm and everyone else uses exploits (may or may not actually be true.)

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Dungeon selling.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

wut is dungeon selling?

Oceanic [LOD]

Dungeon selling.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Cool. I don’t pug, I have an excellent guild that I run with so I never need to see the bottom feeders in my groups. But it’s flattering to know you’d kick me <3

Whoah now, if I ever feel the need to experience what it’s like to push thumbtacks under my fingernails I’ll let you know. Some time this week I totally plan on clearing every single mob in Arah P4, and jumping walls to make sure I clear all the mobs in the other paths before I finish. :o

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)