Dungeon to farm for Rabid gear?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I’m interested in the Condition Damage, Toughness, Precision gear. Which dungeon is the quickest (I don’t have tons of time to play and prefer to run around WvW when I can.)

Arah (ha!), Honor of the Waves, Twilight Arbor, or Cadecus’s Manor?

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: Darxio.5672

Darxio.5672

Honor of the Waves is pretty quick. CM can also be fast with a good group.

TA isn’t fun with unexperienced people.

Brigade of the Black Twilight [BBT]
Darxio – Thief Commander

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

If you have karma, you can get some pieces from orr temples (them don’t have rabid chest or shoes unfortunately). for the dungeons you listed, all of them except for arah have roughly the same difficulty and length (assuming you’re in an experienced group). Arah P3 can also be done pretty quick after some practice.

You can also buy exotic rabid trinkets from dwayna temple

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Thanks for the tips.

Unfortunately I used all of my Karma recently buying jewelry boxes for cash to create an ascended back piece. So it will take a while to build it up again.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

If you are looking for fast without bugging the instance, I’d go with TA.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

If you have all the time to do only a single path a day, CM or HotW are your best bets. If you want it sooner than that and want to run multiple paths a day, TA would be the easiest. I rarely have problems running TA with full pugs (I’ve done it multiple times with people with no experience at all) if I instruct them carefully and take my time (not long arduous runs, just runs which take the time to kill wolves etc) to minimise risks. Each path can be done by almost any group in less than an hour, experienced speed runners can do 15 min groups, most groups will take around 30 mins per path.

Starting out it might be hard, especially if you don’t have people instructing you, but once you learn how to do it and can instruct people better, you should make decent progress. I don’t believe all paths of CM or HotW are like that.

Posted by: Merse Deska.6795

Merse Deska.6795

I would go with TA.

Arah/HotW takes more time to do than TA/CM and from my own experiences I’ve found it easier to find groups for TA than CM.
TA is also good for speedrunning since you can skip most of the trash.

Xplodelicious [YaK]
Gandara

Posted by: abelooi.9156

abelooi.9156

Speedrun cof p1. You’ll get enough gold to buy the box set off TP in half a day. With the normal token-farming you’ll really at least need 3 days.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Speedrun cof p1. You’ll get enough gold to buy the box set off TP in half a day. With the normal token-farming you’ll really at least need 3 days.

I don’t think you can craft rabid stats.

Posted by: DayLight.9603

DayLight.9603

TA would really be the best. In fact, I have the entire TA armor set currently for my Necromancer. I have done it with guildies, with experienced as well as inexperienced PuG’s. The TA dungeon isn’t that unforgiving or time consuming.

Sylvari for life. <3

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

All hotw paths are like 10-20 minutes, they just feel a lot longer because you often end up doing close to nothing.

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

I would recommend CM or TA. Arah takes up far too much time compared to those two, and I would only recommend HotW if your team has rare/exotic underwater weapons. Chances are they don’t, and you’re in for a long staring contest with the boss doing 200 damage per hit.

Personally I got the TA set for my necromancer (though I ended up transmuting everything) because the superior runes already have condition damage in them. Seemed kind of pointless to get the other sets and then have to run TA enough times to get 720 tokens for the runes. You could always buy other runes like rune of the necromancer but if you do TA, you kill two birds with one stone.

TA is fairly enjoyable as long as you’re with a team that knows what they’re doing. U/U is the fastest path, followed by F/F, then F/U. If you’re under time constraints, just do U/U once a day.

If you want to do CM, I find the Butler path is the fastest unless you use the exploits in the Asura path. The Seraph path can get very annoying very quickly if your team doesn’t know what to do at the bomb the gate stage and ends up wiping over and over again.

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

TA imo
hotw takes too long and everything is a horrible health sponge
cm doesnt take long to do all three paths… but finding a group takes way too long
arah i havent touched yet (i need all arah and CoF3 for dungeon master) so cant accurately comment on it

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]