Dungeoneer title

Dungeoneer title

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

I guess it’s the new “Dungeon Master” equivalent, except it’s only likely super hardcore dungeon runners will get it since it requires you to unlock every skin from every dungeon.

Any of you have enough tokens to get it yet? I’m curious what the reward chest contains.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

I have a couple thousands from dungeons like AC, Arah and TA but I don’t think I care enough to get the title. As for the chest, probably an armor piece or a weapon from the same dungeon.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

I had almost everything unlocked thanks to the old PvP wardrobe. So much for “super hardcore dungeon runners”.

The chests for each dungeon contain some dragonite ore, obsidian shards, a random exotic and an ascended earring depending on the dungeon. AC and SE give an earring with Sentinel’s stats, CM and Arah give one with Assassin’s and the four other dungeons give some random condi and healing stats I don’t remember the name of.

The description of the Dungeoneer chest says it contains a vision crystal and an unique exotic. Since I doubt they made a new weapon skin solely for that chest you probably get to choose between the 34 weapon skins required for the Exotic Hunter achievement. At least that’s what the supposedly unique exotic weapon in the Ascended Accoutrement chest was.

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

You dont need to set foot in a dungeon to get that title. I imagine most PvP’ers are closer to having it than actual dungeon runners. We spend our excess tokens for money not collections. Kind of a joke really.

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

You dont need to set foot in a dungeon to get that title. I imagine most PvP’ers are closer to having it than actual dungeon runners. We spend our excess tokens for money not collections. Kind of a joke really.

I spend my excess tokens to get more skins for my wardrobe. :<

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

I reguarly convert cof, coe, hotw(very rarely done) & arah tokens to ectos so I’m doomed to run HoTW all paths daily for a few weeks >.>

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Well dungeon rewards are mostly ascended trinkets we already have in numbers.

AC gives a PVT accessory with offensive infusion slot if i remember well.

I’ll be getting TA, COE and ARAH soon i hope.

HOTW is my most feared…noway i’m playing the underwater paths.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

I keep checking the basic collections tab, staring at the dungeons one and not knowing where to start. I have ran every path countless of times but most of the collections are almost empty. Most of the full sets that I got for my characters, I reskinned way before the wardrobe patch. Whatever dungeon weapons I had, I upgraded with ascended ones or legendaries, thus loosing the skins. The majority of the unlocked skins come from pvp, when you could open tournament chests, or are unwanted drops from the pvp forge, while trying to get something else.

For the past two years I have:

• Converted every Arah and COF token into ectos.
  • Crafted dungeon trinkets with every HOTW and COE tokens and sold on the TP.
  • Bought and forged off-hand weapons with the tokens from the lower tier dungeons.
  • Bought several gifts to craft legendaries.

And considering I no longer have a fixed group to run dungeons with, I don’t really see how I can even begin to fill those collections…

Dungeoneer title

LordByron.8369

pugging is fun ._.
Except maybe arah if you don t have a warrior.
The rumors about pugs being extremely bad are exaggerated.
If you can adapt a little you can clear stuff faster than most speedrunners that wait the perfect party forever.

Its way harder btw…..so if you want a challenge :P

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

My only problem will be Arah, pugs don’t Arah, now i just need to unlock useless skins like water weapons, shield etc.

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Dungeoneer title

IceVyper.6810

It can be fun, now and then. But if I have an objective, such as collecting X amount of tokens for whatever purpose, on a daily basis, I’d rather do that with people that I know for sure they know what they are doing.

Dungeoneer title

LordByron.8369

The trick is Learning how to read LFGs.
And despite what they say, AP are a great indicator….not too low nor too high.
Coupled with other things.

GW2 balance:

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Bought all the arah skins and still have 7k tokens left, but i’m really short on everything else, will take about 2 weeks of daily tours I think.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Dungeoneer title

Bukkebruse.2810

If you don’t count the blue bags that contain like 3 dungeon tokens you’d get 1680 tokens from doing the 2-path dungeons for two weeks and 2520 from the 3 path ones.
That’s certainly not enough to buy everything since a single armour set is like 1300 tokens and a full weapon set around 6000, if I’m not mistaken.
Of course you can repeat the same paths multiple times a day or farm PvP for the weapon (and armour) boxes, but do keep in mind that nobody is forcing you to complete the collections or get the achievements.
Instead you should rejoice in the fact that our glorious overlords at arenanet’s way of giving the PvEers new content is by giving them a reason to redo the content they’ve completed a thousand times before.

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

I’ve between 20 and 30 already unlocked for each dungeons so that’s not a huge problem. My main concern ( outside of the gear being unlockable in pvp) is the title “dungeoneer” sounds far less cool than " dungeon master". Maybe they should swap it? Everyone can be dungeoneer, but true masters should be quite rare.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Dungeoneer title

Bukkebruse.2810

I agree, but without even trying tomock some of anet’s recent decisions, I think swapping the titles genuinely would confuse some people. Besides, titles are just titles. Very few of them actually mean anything and if there ever was anything prestigious about having all the dungeon skins unlocked it’ll be trivial in a couple of months when everyone has farmed the title.

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I have about half of the dungeons fully unlocked from pure PvE. I just have to finish out CM, HotW, and a couple others and I’ll have it. Fortunately for me I’ve always been obsessed with skins, so I never spent my tokens on ectos or insignias or whatever.

What kittenes me off is how few AP it’s all worth. This is arguably more effort than collecting every Ascended armor skin, and is worth far fewer points!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

I have enough tokens to get that title many times. lol. This game… I dont even know anymore…

Dungeoneer title

IceVyper.6810

I have one skin unlocked from SE…the horrors

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: Bri.8354

Bri.8354

I’ve ran so many dungeons, but I’ve always used my tokens on weapons/armor to salvage or throw in the forge.

Looks like I have a lot of work to do, but with the current direction of the game being so stale, I’m not sure if I even have the interest to run all those dungeons again.

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I’ve ran so many dungeons, but I’ve always used my tokens on weapons/armor to salvage or throw in the forge.

Looks like I have a lot of work to do, but with the current direction of the game being so stale, I’m not sure if I even have the interest to run all those dungeons again.

This is so true. I’m only doing CM because Assassin’s Trinket on my Mes <3. Not really going to aim for the Dungeoneer title. I’ll probably work on it slowly over the next two years unless they change something to make it interesting/rewarding.

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Word on Dulfy.net is that once you’ve unlocked each Ascended trinket via the Collections, you can actually purchase additional copies of those trinkets from the Collections vendor (something Youngblood) in LA for Laurels + gold.

Just an FYI for people who might like particular copies of the trinkets.

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

That’s not true at all. It literally makes no difference whatsoever when it comes to pugs— I’ve had necros with <1k AP perform better than 99% of the pugs that I’ve typically gotten before and I’ve had people with over 15k AP doing swell too.

If you were to average it out amongst all pugs you ever get, you’d obviously end up with an AP range in the few thousands as it includes people with low and high… what difference does it make?

It irritates me when people associate skill with AP as it’s completely irrelevant. What you should be looking for is checking what their traits/weapon choices are along with whether or not they are willing to communicate. The vast majority of all friends that I’ve had on this game would rather have a noob pug that is willing to learn and will actively respond than someone silent and passive.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Dungeoneer title

Esplen.3940

I agree with Miku. A little after the april feature patch, I was doing CM. We had an Engineer with 17,000 AP who had Legendaries and a Commander tag (which he didn’t turn off).

He proceeded to camp Flamethrower the entire dungeon.

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m sure I’ve made some people wince with my 18.5k AP Warrior who’s using Sword+Shield and Rifle in a dungeon.

Dungeoneer title

LordByron.8369

That’s not true at all. It literally makes no difference whatsoever when it comes to pugs— I’ve had necros with <1k AP perform better than 99% of the pugs that I’ve typically gotten before and I’ve had people with over 15k AP doing swell too.

If you were to average it out amongst all pugs you ever get, you’d obviously end up with an AP range in the few thousands as it includes people with low and high… what difference does it make?

It irritates me when people associate skill with AP as it’s completely irrelevant. What you should be looking for is checking what their traits/weapon choices are along with whether or not they are willing to communicate. The vast majority of all friends that I’ve had on this game would rather have a noob pug that is willing to learn and will actively respond than someone silent and passive.

I don’t associate skill with AP at all.
I associate AP with game time.

Having few AP means probably you are new to the game (since i never farmed AP and yet i have about 12K).

If you have too many AP you farmed APs so you are possibly too dedicated to openworld to be a usual dungeon runner.

It happens to have skilled people with less than 3000 AP but that is quite uncommon.
As it happens you get awful players with 13.000 AP

This game only takes time to learn stuff not skill, and AP shows how long a player is in the game.

Even if he is a speed runner, if he has low APs chances are high that is the worse kind of player-……wannabe pro, that reproduce anything read by dungeon guild without understanding anything but using those as divine laws…..

Those are the worse :|
Ex:
There are still lot of people that want only warriors/guardians in fractal (no ele O_o), and many many many people that don t want mesmers in CM and similar ._. …

Not to mention how party are done:
LFG1 ele, 1 war etc without addressing builds…. even Meta builds can be redundant across professions:
a S/F ele and a EA war for example.
And most players don’t have spare weapons/builds

Despite the statistic rules i found for myself, i usually pug with everyone, that is why i had chances to see they works at least for me.
(i know what to expect…also i am quite good at carrying if needed because i have spare equip and know how to retrait).

GW2 balance:

Dungeoneer title

Esplen.3940

I got kicked out of a CM group the other day because it was listed as all paths and that I had to have a meta build.

I only joined because it was doing all paths and I didn’t care about the meta build part.

Within the first 10 seconds of me loading into CM, they ask if I have reflects. I’m playing a Mesmer. So I reply, “What are Reflects?” Instantly, I was looking at a Queensdale load-screen.

Glad I didn’t run with them. I ended up swapping to my Thief and doing a run with some other people where I ended up soloing all of the Inquest technology (never done CM with my Thief before, so that was interesting) and doing some other fun things that I’d never done before. It was a learning experience although I know a lot of mechanics well so it wasn’t that bumpy. It was actually quite fun compared to my Mesmer where it’s mostly just: Stack → Reflect → Stack → Reflect → Reflect → Stack.

Instead it was: Stealth → Stack → Stealth → Stack → Stealth → Stealth → Stack.

Oh wait…

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: Kurr.4179

Kurr.4179

I almost had the title when patch hit… will take me a few months to finish though because I’m too busy to run daily dungeons now =/

I think I will just pvp for HotW weapon skins though since I already have all the armor skins for all dungeons. The other dungeons are alright but HotW I just refuse to pug.

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: Leemo.6108

Leemo.6108

I agree with Miku. A little after the april feature patch, I was doing CM. We had an Engineer with 17,000 AP who had Legendaries and a Commander tag (which he didn’t turn off).

He proceeded to camp Flamethrower the entire dungeon.

My mother has been driving for a very long time. She is an absolutely terrible driver.

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I don’t associate skill with AP at all.
I associate AP with game time.

You say that at the start of the post but… go on to contradict yourself afterwards. If you’re using AP to determine whether or not someone is likely to know what to do in a dungeon then you’re associating it with that person’s ability to perform which is wrong.

Having experience with miscellaneous achievements has nothing to do with whether or not someone is likely to perform well in a dungeon— having experience with the dungeons themselves does. You have no way of knowing that based off of AP because the two have nothing to do with one another.

Also high AP doesn’t even necessarily mean having a lot of game time either. I’ve played more hours than some of my friends that have 14-15k AP, yet I have less than 9k.

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

I got kicked out of a CM group the other day because it was listed as all paths and that I had to have a meta build.

I only joined because it was doing all paths and I didn’t care about the meta build part.

Within the first 10 seconds of me loading into CM, they ask if I have reflects. I’m playing a Mesmer. So I reply, “What are Reflects?” Instantly, I was looking at a Queensdale load-screen.

Glad I didn’t run with them. I ended up swapping to my Thief and doing a run with some other people where I ended up soloing all of the Inquest technology (never done CM with my Thief before, so that was interesting) and doing some other fun things that I’d never done before. It was a learning experience although I know a lot of mechanics well so it wasn’t that bumpy. It was actually quite fun compared to my Mesmer where it’s mostly just: Stack -> Reflect -> Stack -> Reflect -> Reflect -> Stack.

Instead it was: Stealth -> Stack -> Stealth -> Stack -> Stealth -> Stealth -> Stack.

Oh wait…

karma caught up to you for wasting that first groups time.

@miku Im gonna have to sorta agree with LordByron atleast in my limited experiences.
below 1.5k = Generally doesnt know anything. Above 10k= I have a legendary greatsword(staff) as a mesmer(guardian) and by god I am going to use it!

The only exceptions is I have yet to see a bad one is ele and the thief. Now of-course this doesnt mean this is an universal truth nor that it will be true when I log on tonight but thus far.. :"D

They have all been s/fers who stack might and its usually the only time I ever see 25stacks of might. ( I add in my 15is stacks of might)

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: stachekiller.2591

stachekiller.2591

You haven’t had the “privilege” of playing with me when I am on ele or thief. I am awesomeNot true, I completely suck

I think in general the AP boundaries as you describe them are accurate, but that is really only broad generalizations. While it might be the slight majority that falls into those buckets, I don’t think it is all that accurate or worth using. I think the best indicator of how someone will do of the things that are visible to you either from the player’s character or party windows are a combination of weapon choices and food/utility buffs. Weapon choices are a little obvious, but not always visible until you start fighting. If someone comes in, consumes either the enemy specific potion for a dungeon or a solid DPS food/utility I find that they are way more likely to know what they are doing no matter their AP count. Anyway, that has been my experience as a steady pugger.

(edited by stachekiller.2591)

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Glad I didn’t run with them. I ended up swapping to my Thief and doing a run with some other people where I ended up soloing all of the Inquest technology (never done CM with my Thief before, so that was interesting) and doing some other fun things that I’d never done before. It was a learning experience although I know a lot of mechanics well so it wasn’t that bumpy. It was actually quite fun compared to my Mesmer where it’s mostly just: Stack -> Reflect -> Stack -> Reflect -> Reflect -> Stack.

Instead it was: Stealth -> Stack -> Stealth -> Stack -> Stealth -> Stealth -> Stack.

Oh wait…

How dare someone make a joke in a group, such a waste of time!

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

How dare someone make a joke in a group, such a waste of time!

Given the complete lack of familiarity and the seeming seriousness of the LFG post in question, perhaps this was not the best time for a joke. In any case, the kick was a win-win for both sides, as action was taken quickly, OP was not stuck in a “too srs” run and the party rid themselves of a potential (in their eyes) troll/scrub.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

Dungeoneer title

DonQuack.9025

Asking “What are reflects?” is a joke?

You mean all those people who ask that when I ask if they have reflects are kidding?

kitten I waste so much time Telling them exactly what skills reflect, traits that make them reflect, and such.

I should stop now that you have confirmed people who ask that are joking.

jk

To be fair it wasnt the ""what are reflects? that got me" it was the

it was listed as all paths and that I had to have a meta build.

Basically said IDGAF about lfg req’s.

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I could see where you got that, when reading it I read it as “I joined the group to do all 3 paths, not because they had the meta requirement” not that he wasn’t running meta.

Dungeoneer title

Bukkebruse.2810

pug how you want

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: Alilinke.7690

Alilinke.7690

I’m about 80% done and most of that is from PvP, considering i use my tokens to make gold. I don’t think “Dungeoneer” is an appropriate title for such an achievement. >.>

[nA] Professional Guild Hall Decorator

Dungeoneer title

DonQuack.9025

Exploiter

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I was in that group that kicked you. Your attitude on here gives me no regrets. In fact, I probably never want to see you in any of my dungeon runs.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

Oh wait…

@miku Im gonna have to sorta agree with LordByron atleast in my limited experiences.
below 1.5k = Generally doesnt know anything. Above 10k= I have a legendary greatsword(staff) as a mesmer(guardian) and by god I am going to use it!

The only exceptions is I have yet to see a bad one is ele and the thief. Now of-course this doesnt mean this is an universal truth nor that it will be true when I log on tonight but thus far.. :"D

They have all been s/fers who stack might and its usually the only time I ever see 25stacks of might. ( I add in my 15is stacks of might)

He was trying to make the point that a group that asks if a Mesmer has reflects is at best, very absent minded, and at worst totally incompetent.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Dungeoneer title

Esplen.3940

Thank you Jerus and Angel. The reason why I don’t care about the meta build part is that I don’t care what everyone else runs.

Obviously, I know what I’m supposed to do in dungeons and will run the appropriate builds, swapping traits, weapons, and utilities when necessary.

However, asking someone if they have something so blatantly obvious is like asking if a Thief has stealth or blinds.

And I’m not going to lose any sleep over it, fishball, I’ve been pugging since before GW1 and I’ve pretty much seen it all.

Dungeoneer title

LordByron.8369

I tried to explain why AP means gametime…
I also clearly state that too high AP = achievement hunters.

And that is not a perfect rule but is statistically credible.

You can do whatever you want yet most people won t accept <3000 ap in arah or fractal 50 …

I also said i never kick anyone…..(i mostly leave myself if i don t like the Group for whatever reason).

GW2 balance:

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: Darthaemos.6370

Darthaemos.6370

I’ll be interested in such a title only if the following happens:

1. Dungeons get Hard Mode
2. To get “credit” towards this title, you much complete multiple checkpoints for every path. This can be something like a requiring a kill credit for every boss in the path or you won’t get credit.

This will allow the title to actually mean something when scrubs can’t just buy the paths at the end to get credit for it.

Birgitte / Graendhal / Aveandha
Death and Taxes [DnT] | http://www.dtguilds.com/

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

I agree with the fellas that say that AP = play time or achievements hunting. I was already practicing some solo dungeons and was getting a decent knowledge in Arah (thanks Spoj, deSade, Sam and the rest <3) pre my 3k AP. I’m nearing 5k AP (kitten, I can finally do TA with those awesome “5k ap, zerk, fast run, warr only” parties) now and this is generally just thanks to my dailies and any AP that come with time such as the slayer achievements, crafting etc.

It hasn’t been once or twice when I’ve been doing much better in my party with my 3-4k AP than the 16k AP fella. I’m sure you’d all relate and agree that there are bad players with 20k AP and then there’s Purple Miku with his kazul AP.

This will allow the title to actually mean something when scrubs can’t just join your selling party, kick you and overtake it to get credit for it.

Fixed it for you, mate.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: rojak.1894

rojak.1894

This title doesnt really mean anything as you can unlock skins exclusively with PvP reward tracks. I do like the ascended reward rings however.

Dungeoneer title

Esplen.3940

They aren’t rings, just fyi.

Dungeoneer title

DonQuack.9025

Thank you Jerus and Angel. The reason why I don’t care about the meta build part is that I don’t care what everyone else runs.

Obviously, I know what I’m supposed to do in dungeons and will run the appropriate builds, swapping traits, weapons, and utilities when necessary.

However, asking someone if they have something so blatantly obvious is like asking if a Thief has stealth or blinds.

And I’m not going to lose any sleep over it, fishball, I’ve been pugging since before GW1 and I’ve pretty much seen it all.

Lol do we play the same game? Blatantly obvious? Like the hordes of guardians who dont blind/wor? Just tonight I had to explain to a 4kaper what shadow refuge was.

The only thing blatantly obvious is that you are realllllllllyy lucky withyour pugging to not have experiences with people who dont know relatively basic things.

Dungeoneer title

Esplen.3940

Oh, that’s not it. I expect everyone to suck. I also expect people to not tell each other how to play unless they ask for help.

I suppose those are unreal expectations, but if I’m “running a meta build” I shouldn’t be asked to bring reflects to a dungeon full of projectiles.

I hate when people tell me to slot Time Warp, Feedback, and Portal. If you want to tell me how to play a Mesmer, why aren’t you on one instead? I know how to do my duty, and that’s all that I care about. If you want to do my duty for me, get on your own Mesmer, don’t get on mine.

I also am capable of soloing plenty of content, so it’s not a matter of getting good or lucky with PuGs, but just a matter of doing it with others to make it go by faster. I also have internet problems when my entire family is home so it’s nice to have a buffer in case I disconnect.

Dungeoneer title

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Oh, that’s not it. I expect everyone to suck. I also expect people to not tell each other how to play unless they ask for help.

I suppose those are unreal expectations, but if I’m “running a meta build” I shouldn’t be asked to bring reflects to a dungeon full of projectiles.

I hate when people tell me to slot Time Warp, Feedback, and Portal. If you want to tell me how to play a Mesmer, why aren’t you on one instead? I know how to do my duty, and that’s all that I care about. If you want to do my duty for me, get on your own Mesmer, don’t get on mine.

I also am capable of soloing plenty of content, so it’s not a matter of getting good or lucky with PuGs, but just a matter of doing it with others to make it go by faster. I also have internet problems when my entire family is home so it’s nice to have a buffer in case I disconnect.

It seems to me your problem is just people in general. You want to play with them but you don’t want them to speak at all, you’re just using them to get through things faster. Don’t expect them to act nicely if that’s your life attitude.

People suggesting slotting certain skills are: making sure you are on the same page, making conversation/interacting.

I can’t understand how would someone be mad at these kind of things.