Dungeons

Dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Fuzzylumpkins.1694

Fuzzylumpkins.1694

I would like to see anet change their mind and put some energy back into dungeons because they are actually one of my favorite things to do in the game. A better reward system for them would be nice, but other than that dungeons are great. They are a great medium between raids and fractals.

Dungeons

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

I would like to see anet change their mind and put some energy back into dungeons because they are actually one of my favorite things to do in the game. A better reward system for them would be nice, but other than that dungeons are great. They are a great medium between raids and fractals.

You have still the 5 man dungeon’s with just a little bit less gold rewarded.
Now you have 10 man dungeons that you can do, otherwise known as raids.

Dungeons

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

Short answer: no. Why? Because dungeon team got disbanded a long time ago. Why so? Because of dungeon in typical mmo was completely trivialized by players in this game with the zerker stacking meta and I think Anet just had no suitable ideas to implement that would make fights engaging in said dungeons. Hence why they abandoned this content to further work on fractals and now raids

Dungeons

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

But oh BTW, I forgot to add that they said they would be looking at rewards in dungeons, so it is not all that bad

Dungeons

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

Short answer: no. Why? Because dungeon team got disbanded a long time ago. Why so? Because of dungeon in typical mmo was completely trivialized by players in this game with the zerker stacking meta and I think Anet just had no suitable ideas to implement that would make fights engaging in said dungeons. Hence why they abandoned this content to further work on fractals and now raids

Dungeons were trivialized by knowledge and experience more than gear and stacking spots, the main problem with Dungeons is how poorly coded they are, though from a user point of view it’s impossible to know the limitations.

Fractals are a better format but have no visceral connection to the game and a single reward system (that still sucks balls) where-as dungeons had lore and unique rewards on-top of a decent and reliable gold reward.

There is pros and cons to both as most people will agree that cutscenes are kittening annoying and nobody cares about the dialect between NPCs and the fractal daily routine makes you never want to watch Shrek again.

very special guild tag [tX]

Dungeons

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Why do people think its zerker stacker meta?

So gear = skills argument again?
- Its active defenses and optimal play in a set of armor which allows them to do most dmg and take most dmg if they mess up active defenses.

If a boss can be blinded or reflected (Active defenses) – thats cool to prevent the players dying.

Most of the mechanics in dungeons are more complex than those in the fractals and certainly in the raids.

I still love dungeons always will and did from GW1 – they had the best dungeons.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com