Dungeons and Monthly Awards.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: pdfrod.1948

pdfrod.1948

Hmm, dungeons are designed to “not” be doable by everyone? Did I miss the memo by Anet?

Apparently, you did.

“Dungeons are huge, private adventure areas that only teams of high-level players dare explore. "

Feel free to see how they do not pitch their Dungeons as a Come one and All. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/dungeons/

I’m I missing something? Where does it says that dungeons are “not” doable by everyone? Or are you saying that leveling a character is not doable by everyone?

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

I find it amusing that people still refer to what anet “said” about dungeons during the pre-release era. When was that blog post released? 2010, 2011? I also remember reading something about the dungeons being for “groups with voice communication” or similiar lines, only for the best of the best. It seems that blog posts like this leave quite lasting impressions and beliefs among players as we have seen quite many opening posts like this concerning dungeon monthlies.

That would be, because they have not changed their stance in regards to Dungeons.

Gosh I would hope that the passing of time does not erode a designers stand on their game.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

Ungood.3054

Hmm, dungeons are designed to “not” be doable by everyone? Did I miss the memo by Anet?

Apparently, you did.

“Dungeons are huge, private adventure areas that only teams of high-level players dare explore. "

Feel free to see how they do not pitch their Dungeons as a Come one and All. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/dungeons/

I’m I missing something? Where does it says that dungeons are “not” doable by everyone? Or are you saying that leveling a character is not doable by everyone?

Maybe the dynamic language is confusing. “Dare explore” Humm I guess, to some that equates to “Oh everyone just go on in and steamroll the place”

meh.

pdfrod.1948

Apparently, you did.

Maybe the dynamic language is confusing. “Dare explore” Humm I guess, to some that equates to “Oh everyone just go on in and steamroll the place”

meh.

They said that dungeons are supposed to be challenging, they didn’t say it’s not doable by everyone. And you seem to base your entire rant on that supposed stance by ArenaNet that “dungeons are not doable by everyone”, which I have never seen.

To me the message that ArenaNet is really trying to pass is “We’ve put a lot of effort into designing dungeons, so please everyone go give it a try!”

Posted by: Shimond.2478

Shimond.2478

Apparently, you did.

This is quite possibly the most hilarious misinterpretation of something I’ve ever seen.

Seriously guy, give it up. You already said you don’t have a problem doing the dungeons yourself so what is the point of this thread? Complaining for others?

Story mode is designed to be done by everyone, all you need to do is meet the level requirement for the dungeon and find 4 similar people. Until it doesn’t count for the monthly you really have no argument at all.

Posted by: Niila Nuppunen.9875

Niila Nuppunen.9875

Apparently, you did.

This is quite possibly the most hilarious misinterpretation of something I’ve ever seen.

Seriously guy, give it up. You already said you don’t have a problem doing the dungeons yourself so what is the point of this thread? Complaining for others?

Story mode is designed to be done by everyone, all you need to do is meet the level requirement for the dungeon and find 4 similar people. Until it doesn’t count for the monthly you really have no argument at all.

Yes, it’s funny that supposedly story mode is doable for anyone and explorables are for those who dare. In reality I find there is not much if any differences in difficulty between story mode and explorables. Story mode just gives less reward on repeated runs.

Ungood.3054

They said that dungeons are supposed to be challenging, they didn’t say it’s not doable by everyone.

You do realize that “Challenging” and “Doable by everyone” are exclusive of each other right? I mean, really, process that for a moment, if Anyone can do it, it’s not a challenge, now is it?

But hey, if the point you are trying to make is that your fulls set of Dungeon armor and weapons are pointless and have zero value because any noob and casual can get it, then kudos. Keep it up.

Nothing is quite like hearing people devalue their own accomplishments.

pdfrod.1948

You do realize that “Challenging” and “Doable by everyone” are exclusive of each other right?

No, they are not. It’s challenging because people are required to learn how to play. Everyone can learn how to play.

Ungood.3054

You do realize that “Challenging” and “Doable by everyone” are exclusive of each other right?

No, they are not. It’s challenging because people are required to learn how to play. Everyone can learn how to play.

Yes, I can see that new slogan now “Our Dungeons are so Challenging anyone can do it”

Thank you, I am going to make note that your stand is that a full set of Arah Gear is nothing but Noobolicious Trash Gear.

But I think you would be alone in that stand. But hey, it’s your time your are devaluing, not mine, as I don’t share your feelings on that.

None the less, I still think Dungeons should be removed from the Monthly requirement, or harder “other” stuff needs to be added in to balance things out.

(edited by Ungood.3054)