Dungeons are in a sad state of affairs if..

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Xytl.8659

Xytl.8659

…if I have to switch characters literally every time I want to run Citadel of Flame.

Seriously. Do the story mode, it takes about 20 minutes.

inb4 “But if you can’t open it either you can’t complain”.

My necromancer hit 80 yesterday, I have a job, I have not had time to do the story quest yet, but you cannot tell that to the other 4 guys in my party who just told me “I never did it because someone else opens usually.”

Aratyl ~Gate of Madness
Co-Leader of the Get Fresh Crew

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I don’t think I can sympathize for anyone complaining about people not doing story modes on their characters when they themselves haven’t done it on theirs.

It just doesn’t work like that.

Xytl.8659

I’m not at all convinced you read the second part of the post. I just finished the story mode on my necro, I can now open CoF on all of my characters; again. I’m truly sorry that I have a job and have been away for the last 9 hours.

Aratyl ~Gate of Madness

Purple Miku.7032

I read it but that doesn’t mean I’m at all capable of sympathizing for you or understand what your deal is.

You’re whining about pugs not wanting to bother with story mode when you attempted to join a group without having it done yourself, and then excuse yourself because you worked all day. I’m just… what? How does this open up any opportunity to have a meaningful discussion lol?

I guess thanks for the apology, you should be sorry for being gone for that long. What would I do without you?

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

My necromancer hit 80 yesterday, I have a job, I have not had time to do the story quest yet"

What if those 4 other guys have a job too?

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

My necromancer hit 80 yesterday, I have a job, I have not had time to do the story quest yet"

Nah, that can’t be possible.

Xytl.8659

Good, everyone should be gainfully employed. I asked them how old their characters were, especially the guy who had the ascended greatsword (could’ve been account bound from a mesmer or something, who knows). Two of them said it was their only character, one said it was his third, one said it was his second, and of course it was my third 80 as well. The lowest AP score of the entire group was mine, at 3,486.

You mean to tell me those two guys who only have one character each, one with ascended weapons, and more than 3.4k AP each, have NEVER done the CoF story?

I completed the CoF story for the first time with the rest of my guild when all of us were sub level 80 on our only characters, I had something around 800 AP.

Aratyl ~Gate of Madness

J Eberle.9312

Good, everyone should be gainfully employed. I asked them how old their characters were, especially the guy who had the ascended greatsword (could’ve been account bound from a mesmer or something, who knows). Two of them said it was their only character, one said it was his third, one said it was his second, and of course it was my third 80 as well. The lowest AP score of the entire group was mine, at 3,486.

You mean to tell me those two guys who only have one character each, one with ascended weapons, and more than 3.4k AP each, have NEVER done the CoF story?

I completed the CoF story for the first time with the rest of my guild when all of us were sub level 80 on our only characters, I had something around 800 AP.

m8, I’ve seen people with over 14k AP who have never set foot in a dungeon.

Your experience does not = everyone else’s experience.

(edited by J Eberle.9312)

NovaanVerdiano.6174

m8, I’ve seen people with over 14k+ AP who have never set foot in a dungeon.

^

Also, a lot of people are only after the munies and don’t give two kittens about story modes, just leaving them out completely. They prefer to rely on someone else to open.

Purple Miku.7032

^

Also, a lot of people are only after the munies and don’t give to kittens about story modes, just leaving them out completely. They prefer to rely on someone else to open.

And then there are those who don’t give a kitten about either of those and are only in it to http://puu.sh/aUnmQ

NovaanVerdiano.6174

^

Also, a lot of people are only after the munies and don’t give to kittens about story modes, just leaving them out completely. They prefer to rely on someone else to open.

And then there are those who don’t give a kitten about either of those and are only in it to http://puu.sh/aUnmQ

Should’ve dyed it purple.

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

So you had time to do a dungeon and chose to spend that time doing explorable instead of story, and now you’re whining because the other people in the party also hadn’t done story? And you’re arguing that because you have a job that justifies your choice to do explorable before doing story?

… this forum gets dumber every day.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

J Eberle.9312

Attention dungeon forum denizens.

I have a job.

Bow down to me. Worship me. Carry me in dungeons. Compliment me on my PHIW build. Comfort me in my time of need, lowly cretins.

Purple Miku.7032

^

http://puu.sh/aUoPH.jpg

NovaanVerdiano.6174

^

Truely a magnificient piece of art. The avatar in place of its face is a nice and clever touch.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

So no one had done story in your party.

Why did you guys just knock out story? Probably would have been faster than coming here for a hypocritical kittenfest.

Like….did you really expect anyone to sympathize with you? O.o

Attachments:

Purple Miku.7032

So no one had done story in your party.

Why did you guys just knock out story? Probably would have been faster than coming here for a hypocritical kittenfest.

Like….did you really expect anyone to sympathize with you? O.o

http://i.imgur.com/XJ0bQ7b.gif

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

^

Went ahead and amended that for you
http://puu.sh/aUQaw.jpg

NovaanVerdiano.6174

^

omg lol

Purple Miku.7032

^

omg lol

laughing irl

omg

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

If nobody in your party has the story mode of CoF, you might not want to play with those people anyway.

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

Do it then. lol.

| Lithia |

Posted by: Boneheart.3561

Boneheart.3561

This used to be one of my pet peeves. I won’t even excuse someone with a job, if you wanna run Explorable, you better have done Story.
Now I just try to be the one that started the instance, lest I’m grieved.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

This makes me feel like I’m slacking at my job. I’ve got story mode open on all dungeons. I have ascended stuff, I have a legendary. Either I’m really time efficient or I seriously need to get out more. Most likely the latter.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I seriously need to get out more.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. It’s normal to play this much.

Right?

Right?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It’s my perfectionist streak talking, but I refuse to let any of my characters do Explorable mode until they’ve finished Story mode first.

Posted by: Miliko.5480

Miliko.5480

Dude, they’re just lying to you so you get off your necro. Nobody wants necros in cof, they smell.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

…if I have to switch characters literally every time I want to run Citadel of Flame.

inb4 “But if you can’t open it either you can’t complain”.

My necromancer hit 80 yesterday, I have a job, I have not had time to do the story quest yet, but you cannot tell that to the other 4 guys in my party who just told me “I never did it because someone else opens usually.”

Yes because no one else has a job or life.
/rolls eyes.