Dungeons are teamplay based live with it :)

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Madness.5810

Madness.5810

The dungeons in GW2 are teamplay based no real tank no main healer you actualy need the whole party to work as a team doing their part this is ment to be. Its a challenge and its awesome and it should be this way. If you find them way to hard then the dungeons are not your place to be because its not and will never be a walk in the park like in other mmo’s (wich I find very boring).

The way Anet choose to do these dungeons with the difficulty is has is just a great challenge and unlike some others I enjoy completing these dungeons (yes I complete them) and feel a " yes" moment.

This is a quote of jon peters himself: “Dungeons are meant to be difficult”

So imo that there is all the info we all need, its ment to be difficult no walk in the park play mates it actualy needs teamplay and work.

cya all in game and keep up the good work Anet im sure most of us like the dungeons cause seems to me that the only ones not liking it are the ones posting here about how bad it all is, the ones who do like it are the ones not on here and enjoying every minute in GW2 they can (except for my 3 minutes here now but thats because its not always just what ppl post here)

Posted by: JungleNin.8379

JungleNin.8379

PUGs are how most people are going to get a group. Deal with it.

Posted by: cherrie.8907

cherrie.8907

Spot on, JungleNin.

No Madness, most players don’t like dungeons.
Try getting a PUG for it, it’s almost impossible to get one for anything apart from SM.
People are not liking them and not doing them.

The problem is however, that they want to. Not everyone wants to get 100% map (especially since so many things are bugged) or all achievements, not everyone likes PvP in any form, many people don’t like alting. But every person I know wants to do group content in the game they are playing.
Do you know what happens if people can’t achieve their goals and there’s nothing left they’d like to do?
Diablo 3 happens.

And the difficulty in the GW2 dungeons that is barring new players to even try it out is artificial. Devs admit it themselves when they write that after testing them xx times, they found them too easy: yes, because there is NO REAL CHALLENGE in there. It’s all one trick magic shows. With HP bars / all attributes buffed by 100.
On the other hand, the learning curve is non existent – there is nothing in PvE world that can really prepare less experienced players for the dungeons.
This kind of approach was not fine even 6 years ago with GW1, but there’s been many games since then. People played things that really made them have fun and they don’t want to settle for less and no storytelling in the world will change that. Again, Diablo 3.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

(edited by cherrie.8907)

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

People don’t like hard things.That made me laugh.
Story mode is for casuals.I can easily do it with a pug.There maybe some fights harder than others,but in total it’s not hard diffculty at all.
Now explorable mode is only for good groups.If you think to pug it and do it from the 1st try,well i will tell you – This is not going to happen

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: Infuser.9685

Infuser.9685

The dungeons in GW2 are teamplay based no real tank no main healer you actualy need the whole party to work as a team doing their part this is ment to be. Its a challenge and its awesome and it should be this way. If you find them way to hard then the dungeons are not your place to be because its not and will never be a walk in the park like in other mmo’s (wich I find very boring).

The way Anet choose to do these dungeons with the difficulty is has is just a great challenge and unlike some others I enjoy completing these dungeons (yes I complete them) and feel a " yes" moment.

This is a quote of jon peters himself: “Dungeons are meant to be difficult”

So imo that there is all the info we all need, its ment to be difficult no walk in the park play mates it actualy needs teamplay and work.

cya all in game and keep up the good work Anet im sure most of us like the dungeons cause seems to me that the only ones not liking it are the ones posting here about how bad it all is, the ones who do like it are the ones not on here and enjoying every minute in GW2 they can (except for my 3 minutes here now but thats because its not always just what ppl post here)

So ur point is?

Every now and then someone like u pop on forum thinking they r better then everyone else and post topic like this which dosnt have to do anything with the true issue that ppl complain about.

1. Problem isnt that dungeons are hard, problem is that they are boring and not fun.

2. Dungeons are not challenging in the right way. Let me explain.

A (Right way): Boss that make you use ur brain with tricky stuff like by maybe create ilusion of someone in ur party that copy all ur skills, attacks but instead of dmg him, heals him alot. So party have to figure out very fast who is real and who is not to stop that. Or maybe some jumping puzzle u have to do to get to some switchs etc.

B: (Wrong way): One hit kill boss with 200 000 000 000 HP and main tactic is to avoid attacks by dodging and spam dmg for 30 min ( which are 90% of bosses atm )

The fact that u have to do it 70 times to get ur skins w/o any other usless drop makes it for most player place to avoid.

Thats the real issue mister. Not “hard” or “challenge” its boring and unrewarding.

U L L
80 lvl Norn Ranger
Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: yandere.9176

yandere.9176

As the AVGN phrased it : “This is one of the hardest games I’ve ever played, but for all the wrong reasons!”

To be honest, the personal story had a non-existing difficluty curve and th dungeons also have difficulty problems. That is something they simply do not have down, to correctly estimate how difficult an encounter is and/or if it i interesting to solve it.

Desolation – Mistress of significance level

Posted by: cherrie.8907

cherrie.8907

moiraine: no, people don’t like hard things, people like challenging things.
GW2 dungeons are not challenging. If you think they are, you have low standards (no offence!) and are easily pleased. I am not impressed by the only trick ANet seems to have: buffing damage and HP. “Challenge” like that impressed me 10 years ago or so.

“This is one of the hardest games I’ve ever played, but for all the wrong reasons!” I agree with the wrong reasons.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

This.

Posted by: LED Head.2439

LED Head.2439

Your wrong, the majority of our complaints with dungeons being hard is mostly based on the sheer fact that the rewards don’t favor those who try and do it well over just zerg rushing. If there are no rewards for high tier content who is going to give a kitten seriously.

I understand you 100% because I felt exactly the same way during my 8 years of WoW when people would quit after one wipe instead of push on to learn to play better.

But its not fun if the mechanics of the fight favor kite and spank and have nothing else going for them combined with kitten loot which you can easily do better coin wise and gear wise from doing zerg rush world boss fights which now thanks Anet nerfing already crappy dungeon rewards and removing a path in a certain dungeon actually is more efficient for your time as a player because the world loot cap is higher than the dungeon cap limit. By the time the world boss comes back the farming cap has reset for you and you can just repeat it every time the boss is up. Do a dungeon a couple runs and that’s your day over. You just wasted a good 2 hours and got 1 copper 12silver in repair costs and some greens that don’t are not worth it because your already in exotics from the trading post.

Posted by: Qtin.6940

Qtin.6940

If something is too difficult or frustrating for casual gamers to do, they just don’t do it.
Do you honestly think that someone coming home from work has 4 hours of time to waste wiping in Arah ? Alt + F4, move on.

Just go to Arah entrance and have a look at the chat, “Arah rush 1/2 boss” .. ppl don’t like dungeons that are too hard, they don’t even try, they just kill the 2 first easy one and reset …

Posted by: Gunzwei.5417

Gunzwei.5417

No tank says who? Mob aggro priority is on whoever has highest toughness/armor. This makes them a tank whether they want to be or not.

Challenging? Get a staff guardian with Wall of Reflection as one of their utility skills. Bring two of them and most trash will just kill itself or never touch the party. Also with Wall of Reflection you can just simply ignore quite a few boss attacks.

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

I have done all the dungeons except Honor, COE and Arah. My first attempt at all dungeons has been with pugs. Not sure about lighter pop servers but there is always someone forming groups for them. I used to hate dungeons in other MMOs but love them here. Yes, I am one of those that think theses dungeons are hard but I do not want the difficulty changed.

Whether with pugs or guildies, the dungeons are helping me improve the way I play my character. In the beta, I was dying a lot. The first week of launch I struggled again but not as bad. Now, I am finally feeling like I have a handle on my main. I can go into WvW with more confidence and am not afraid of Orr (well, not as much). Part of this is due to the dungeon runs forcing me to change my playstyle. It’s not just dodge, dodge and dodge but also environment awareness, skill selection and dependence upon my teammates.

Again, I hated dungeons in other games but love them in GW2. If Arenanet designed these for people like me, then they have hit the nail on the head.

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT

Posted by: They.9516

They.9516

@dalendria,
So arenanet only made their game for casual gamers? I’m prettykittengood at dark souls, one of the hardest games out at the moment, and these dungeons are awful. There is no point of using a dodge system if it is literally impossible to dodge every attack the boss throws at you, in Terra dodging had a cooldown but bosses would turn towards you well before they attacked so you knew you had to gtfo, in dark souls there were tells (even though there are some awful moments in that game) for each bosses attacks so you know you need to either block or dodge. Now, there are some bosses that aren’t that bad, like the end boss of SE explorable path 1, others like the fire golem stack 2 minutes of burning on you and are impossible to kite longterm.

I am a level 80 thief with full exotic and 20 acrobatics, and I am the 99%.

Posted by: Efaicia.3672

Efaicia.3672

Those of you who are demanding they balance explorer mode dungeons for your ’PuG’s’ and are saying it is “the only way people can group” No, those are not built for you and your pugs, as stated by the Devs themselves; here:
For people who love structured and difficult content, we developed the explorable mode for our eight dungeons. A dungeon’s explorable mode has at least three different paths that players can choose to conquer—and each path is a five-character delve into tough content that we designed to push the limits of teamwork and communication.
At this very site no less, but since you are all blind to anything not slapping your face, I will go ahead and link it for you. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-endgame-reimagined/

To answer your question, No, they are not made for pugs, so, to put it as eliquently as you all so love to do, Deal with it.

Posted by: Macero.6934

Macero.6934

see ya in another mmo when this one fails

skill? lol

(edited by Macero.6934)

Posted by: chrisdeans.2739

chrisdeans.2739

no skill or teamplay is required atm. A bit of luck, the perfect team setup maybe or a good exploit.
The random oneshots annot be avoided by skill. the kite room in cof cannot be killed with a balanced group.

Posted by: Derian Gothsend.3928

Derian Gothsend.3928

I love it when people jump to saying things like" you have no skill. The xxxxx am out of people complaining about x issue or x issue should just l2p ( learn to play ) ect.

Let’s cast aside all of the misconceptions so many people have about gamers today.
Many if not most people who play an mmo today, are not hardcore. Many have jobs, many have kids, and many hold real life over a game. This is simply how it is. Now this is not me saying the hardcore players do not matter, in fact they matter just as much as any other player.

That being said, throwing hateful/elitist comments at the mass vocal majority solves no issue and only creates even greater divides in the two different sub-sub cultures.

Any way to my point: story mode should be more possible and less frustrating for moderately geared pugs than it currently is. I don’t think we should be able to speed run them to get the best gear possible in a couple of days, but I think the rewards should outweigh the cost of running the am dungeons. It’s an opinion, doesn’t make it right, doesn’t make it wrong. But from over 15 years playing games online Incan say this: if ya ignore the majority, you loose the majority.

Posted by: Stigma.7869

Stigma.7869

I think both sides has a point. Dungeon exploration mode wasn’t meant for ill coordinated PUGs and it was stated so since the beginning. However, at the same time the rewards need to be higher. The cost of dungeon specific exotic armor should also be lowered.

When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

PUGs can spend 5 minutes into coordination and skill synergy organization.

Deal with it.

speed runners have no room here! go back to wow easy-goal achievers!

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Moakist.5268

Moakist.5268

So much whiiiiiiiiiiining. I feel like I’m in trade chat.

The Fayth – Ferguson’s Crossing

Posted by: Alzrius.5926

Alzrius.5926

Deal with it.

Ah, the classic “go back to wow casual noobz!” argument.

You must feel so proud.

Posted by: Eternal Duty.4789

Eternal Duty.4789

GW2 dungeons have bad mechanics, deal with it.

Posted by: Shooopa.5632

Shooopa.5632

How anyone even manages to get a PUG I have no idea. I wander around a server listed as “Population: High” and rarely run into any other players.

It’s starting to get depressing.

User will be infracted for this post.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Deal with it.

You must feel so proud.

Ah, the classic “I run out of arguments” argument.

No, my argument was not go back to WOW. It was PUGs can also organize. Bad PUGs won’t but PUGs who struggles to succeed will and will get through the run.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Moakist.5268

Moakist.5268

Deal with it.

You must feel so proud.

Ah, the classic “I run out of arguments” argument.

No, my argument was not go back to WOW. It was PUGs can also organize. Bad PUGs won’t but PUGs who struggles to succeed will and will get through the run.

I don’t know….let’s break it down this way – and I apologize for the WoW parallel, I’m just trying to put this in context.

Story Mode – Heroics – Puggable
Exploration Mode: Heroic Raids

If we can at least agree on that… then certainly we can agree that even in WoW the average player even in a decently organized pug is not going to get through a Heroic/Exploration mode. This is why WoW came out with a Raid Finder which was for the average Joe with less than stellar rewards…but which felt good to the casual player.

I’m not at all suggesting that GW 2 needs to go in that direction. I’m merely saying Pugs for the average player in Exploration modes…highly unlikely.

The Fayth – Ferguson’s Crossing

Posted by: Coredusk.3156

Coredusk.3156

If everyone is so upset about it, and apparently even CRYING about it into their night of sleep, then do NOT do dungeons!

If you hate it, don’t do it! Lol, easy! noobs