Dungeons in a fun, casual setting? Join us!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Dragnosis.8947

Dragnosis.8947

Greetings, all you wonderful people. Dragnosis here, representing MadCast Gaming [MCG] and our guild in GW2. What are we? Well, we’re just one small part of a huge, friendly and fun gaming community!

Why am I posting here? Well, every Monday evening we shall be running Dungeons as a guild, and would love it if some of you would join us! Around 8 PM eastern time, myself and some of my other guildmates shall be getting together and running whatever dungeons everyone wants to. What does this mean for you? Well, if you would like to come along, feel free! Just send me a whisper, mail, or just get ahold of me somehow and show up, and you’re in! Joining the guild isn’t a requirement, but we would really love it if you did anyways! Hope to see you then!

http://www.madcastgaming.com/ips/topic/15076-monday-night-dungeon-madness-name-is-a-wip/ This is the link to the thread on our website!

Syande Deathbringer of [MCG]
MadCast: Dragnosis
www.madcastgaming.com

Posted by: Anierna.6918

Anierna.6918

Hmm……. So what exactly does “fun, casual setting” mean? I would guess it means “any lvl, any class, any gear, any trait setup welcome.” Which means dungeons will take forever.

I doubt you’ll find much of a response in this sub-forum. Most of us regulars play the meta and speed-run everything.

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

I think it’s nice to see things like this. People always complain that you have to be “experienced, zerk only” but the truth is, there are casual runners around.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I’m also glad to see this. As a casual runner and a dungeon forum regular, I like this sort of thing

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Dragnosis.8947

One is glad to see some positive responses. As for what fun, casual setting means, it means we aren’t jerks about peoples gear, traits, or general skill level. It means we are patient, friendly, and understanding with newer players. No, it doesn’t mean “any lvl,” since this is dungeons in general, but not fractals.

www.madcastgaming.com

Posted by: KitOnlyHuman.6807

KitOnlyHuman.6807

I, for one, always love to welcome new players playing whatever makes them happy!

Kit
Lady Shade | Lydia Barakov | Tesse Centirum | Quote Nevermore| Axe Bloodclaw | Beta Zee

Posted by: Ruruuiye.8912

Ruruuiye.8912

Mail sent. I am for this.

Dragnosis.8947

Bump for great justice.

www.madcastgaming.com

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Despite the fact that you’re advertising casual non-elitist dungeon runs, I pray for you that the dolyak signet + rifle warriors leave you alone.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I’m curious. How long do your runs take? I’d be very curious to see a video — just to see a different way that people run dungeons.

Dragnosis.8947

It depends on the dungeon really. I don’t particularly keep track of how long runs take us most of the time, cause most of us just aren’t interested enough to do so. I’d say our CoF p1 runs go as fast as other peoples runs.

www.madcastgaming.com

Dragnosis.8947

Only a few more days!

www.madcastgaming.com

Posted by: JigglesTheFett.1356

JigglesTheFett.1356

This event is starting in a little over an hour! If anybody is interested, please get in touch with me as I am the one running the event, I’ll be in game!

Dragnosis.8947

Been too long since I reminded people of this. Come join our friendly community next Monday to get your dungeon on!

www.madcastgaming.com

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

Although I don’t have the time to join these on both Sundays and Mondays, I’d like to show my appreciation of these kinds of events. I think it does good for the dungeon running community to have a friendlier, helpful face.

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Hope yall don’t get moved to the recruitment page. I’m sure you can find some folks though. There are a couple of posts looking for casual runs.

Actually did something like this last night after WvW with a few guildies to see Troop Commander Kayeh with a bobble head :P It was actually a lot of fun. More power to yall for not being rude about it!

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

I would participate on Monday nights but I host a board game night locally. It would be fun to do some casual runs! Good luck!

Lilith Ajit.6173

I would participate on Monday nights but I host a board game night locally. It would be fun to do some casual runs! Good luck!

Now I want to know what board games you play!

And how about we do a casual dungeon tour Friday night?

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: blud.8174

blud.8174

Ooh, I like you! Let’s play Arkham Horror!

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Why u so cute and all, Danicia.

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

I’m at work now, so I just want to post here so I can find you again later.

I have thousands of hours (and 13k+ achievement points) of casual GW2 experience. All of my dungeon runs are “fun and casual,” so I’m glad you guys are doing this.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Might be doable, but not until post-7pm PST.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Might be doable, but not until post-7pm PST.

Can do!

(Add my account to you friends and whisper me! We will get a fun group quickly!)

[ARES]

Posted by: Crell.6401

Crell.6401

Replying here to state that While this next couple sat-mon’s are out for me, I’d love to stop by and check this out. I’d like to see more dungeon paths as a casual player, that are friendly, patient, and less geared toward ’we’re going to zerg it, try to keep up, don’t get lost, but we’ll stop occasionally when we need another body for the boss’

Did I miss the main-world for you guys up thread some place? =)

Lilith Ajit.6173

Replying here to state that While this next couple sat-mon’s are out for me, I’d love to stop by and check this out. I’d like to see more dungeon paths as a casual player, that are friendly, patient, and less geared toward ’we’re going to zerg it, try to keep up, don’t get lost, but we’ll stop occasionally when we need another body for the boss’

Did I miss the main-world for you guys up thread some place? =)

Just want to let you know, the dungeon mentor thread and guild is a great way to learn a dungeon in a fun and casual setting (as well as a speed running, if you ever get into that). So whether it’s the dungeon tokens you need for your legendary or you’re just looking for fun, you should hit any general mentor up! See above in the sticky thread

[ARES]

Posted by: Leto Atreides II.2153

Leto Atreides II.2153

Since I didn’t see it mentioned anywhere in the post:

Is this NA or EU?

The malcontents here need to calm down, this is a great initiative and I’m sure there’s a huge amount of people, even if minority, that likes to run things the “non-optimal” way and didn’t lose the sense of fun in all of it