Dungeons made you stop playing? head count

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Kurzick.6375

Kurzick.6375

Anet and some People don’t seem to understand the gravity of their decision on the kind of patches they made and are planning to make.

So let us show them and the other fanboys truly what kind of impact this is going to cause in game

I don’t know about you but I have seen a steady decline in population already and people in my guild stop playing/leave, people in chat saying they will stop playing for now and wait till the game gets better.

I myself is thinking to stop playing even though i really don’t want to, but with the decline in player base its going to be hard to even get dungeons groups. I mean i don’t mind the challenge of a dungeon (even tho some encounters are just plain broken) but knowing that im going to lose money and have no payoff for my efforts running the dungeons, taking up to an hour to find a group willing to take that hit in the pocket to have a bit of fun in the dungeons just puts off most players.

So leave a reply and reason for that reply

Playing still?
Leaving for now till they fix stuff?
Leaving for good and never looking back?

Posted by: Evee.2714

Evee.2714

you’re probably not going to get much response because those that left probably are not looking at the forums anymore

as for me, i have hope they’ll fix dungeons to be a proper endgame pve content

basically playing borderlands 2 until this is fixed, at least that feels rewarding

Evee of the Relics of Orr Podcast on the youtubez and twitch. See us at relicsoforr.com

Posted by: Evil.9061

Evil.9061

Playing still?- On vent with guildies, none of us logged in. Probably going to beta Planetside 2 or Wildstar just incase for a while.

Leaving for now till they fix stuff? -Probably, we don’t have much to do. we’re being destroyed in wvw and most are burnt on map completion. Also all in exotics with quite a few professions at 400.

Leaving for good and never looking back? -We’ll see how things play out. Sometimes companies do stupid things. Lets hope the ego doesn’t prevent the eyes from seeing the metrics of the next few days.

Posted by: Anon.3041

Anon.3041

It stopped my interest in the game. I went into the dungeons with open mind but both the settings and the encounters felt horrifyingly bad. Im getting the same vibe from many of the ppl I talk with.

For me its enough to think that Anet devs got the entire concept of the game totally wrong. At least the first set of dungeons should have been created so that ppl had a good solid learning curve. Thats not the case and for me its enough to look for other games that offer better content for running dungeons.

(edited by Anon.3041)

Posted by: D W.5179

D W.5179

Some in my guild no longer want to do dungeon runs because of this. I don’t think anybody is leaving (yet) over it, but for now I will have to pug the dungeons until they balance the reward vs the difficulty and time spent.

Anon.3041

Some in my guild no longer want to do dungeon runs because of this. I don’t think anybody is leaving (yet) over it, but for now I will have to pug the dungeons until they balance the reward vs the difficulty and time spent.

The content is not created to be done with pugs – You can just leave now.

Posted by: D W.5179

D W.5179

Agreed, which is why I’m disappointed that these changes have encouraged many in my guild to stop doing the dungeons. You are proving my point, or just missed it?

Posted by: Hocofaisan.2593

Hocofaisan.2593

I am taking a break after getting burned by broken loot from the ascalonian catacombs vendor, Historian Symon. His Ghastly weapons do not shapeshift on players like they are supposed to.

390 tokens down the drain till they fix this.

Posted by: gduber.9756

gduber.9756

Almost, but not yet. I’m really po’ed about what they did to the dungeons but I’m not yet entirely bored of playing other parts of the game. If they would make DEs and mobs more lucrative to make up for the lack of worthwhile dungeon rewards, I think more people wouldn’t mind it.

I finally took time to look at the armor that requires such terrible grinds, and it’s really not that impressive (at least Norn female heavy, my main is a warrior), so I have no reason to do that. I actually found my favorite combination of armor off the TP and personal-story. It was nice to make a little travel money from running dungeons, but even before the nerf it was laughable. Anet took away dungeons as an option, so it’s clear that they want players progress in other ways. I think they’ve shot themselves in the foot, but life goes on.

Anon.3041

Agreed, which is why I’m disappointed that these changes have encouraged many in my guild to stop doing the dungeons. You are proving my point, or just missed it?

Just proofing how horribly wrong the Developers got the entire dungeon experience for the game. Something that they can not turn around and will eventually lead to less and less dungeons beeing created since less and less % of GW2 ppl will bother with doing them.

No game creates alot of content that no1 plays. So by keeping their stubborn mindset – ANet devs are killing dungeons already. But maybe thats what they want to happen ? Then they dont have to balance the game around it.

Like it or not – thats what is going to happen. If 100% of the playerbase liked GW2 dungeons then ANet would create more. If 5% of ppl like them – then alot less dungeons will be made and the development time can be cut.

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

I will just stop doing dungeons. The reward and effort spent on it isn’t worth it. Did Crucible of eternity story mode for my very first time, took us 2 hours, countless deaths and in the end i got 13 silver as reward. Barely paid my armor and traveling expenses.

I will never do story mode again nor help someone because of it.

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

Posted by: Daboris.6730

Daboris.6730

Nope, still doing.

I’m sorry, am I the only one who gets lots of blues valued at 60 copper each from dungeons? Greens worth 1.5s, and some rares that can be salvaged for Ectos and such? 13 silver…

Yeah, each dungeon should just give 10 gold at the end, right guys?

The gear from the dungeons themselves and selling them is worth it.

“Those dolls they were making underground… Did you think they look like me?”
-Vivi

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Yeah I’ve actually stopped PVEing
Pointless no rewards everything just takes away money, be it transport, repair or eating food.

PVP is where its at
But even so, I pvp for like 1 – 2 hours and go do something else outside of GW2.

So add me into the headcount

Posted by: MajorFauxPas.2364

MajorFauxPas.2364

I have stopped playing my lvl 80 due to there being no profit in dungeoning. For all that pain and suffering, I’d expect a very nice peice of gear. We don’t even get a pat on the back as a reward, more like the middle finger. Stop giving me middle fingers as rewards and I’ll start playing end-game.

For now I’m piddling around with alts, looking for content I haven’t done yet, but my foot is halfway out the door.

“Working as intended” continues like this and I will return the middle finger.

Hey, um, which way to the outhouse?

(edited by MajorFauxPas.2364)

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Nope, still doing.

I’m sorry, am I the only one who gets lots of blues valued at 60 copper each from dungeons? Greens worth 1.5s, and some rares that can be salvaged for Ectos and such? 13 silver…

Yeah no, not everyone has OCD and meticulously loots corpses.

But sure if you want them to give 10 gold at the end of the dungeon, be my guest, we just want the effort we put into doing a hard dungeon to match our efforts.

So why bother selling everything you get from dungeon loot plus the weak reward at the end and minus repair costs if any, which sums up to very little profit when you can gain the same profit in a shorter time outside??

But hay! listen, its your game right, you play your dungeon for low rewards you enjoy it, good for you.

We’re not gonna stop you from doing that, GW2 needs people like you to keep dungeons alive.

I was from Fort Aspenwood server once spamming for 1 hour to LFG AC when the game was new, and people were scared of doing it, but if a small band of people like you wanna do and help out the newbies, good man

Its cool bro we get it, you dont want people like us to clutter your dungeons by having any worthwhile rewards so you can horde them like you horde corpse loots, but still just remember to take on newbies once in a while and teach them the dungeoneering ropes in Story mode kay or they gonna be stuck there for an hour like me when i was new looking for group

Posted by: vinak.3497

vinak.3497

I have a level 80 thief….found the dungeons and so called end game content to be pretty lame…tried leveling up a necromancer past few days. I found out about the nerfs…. and decided it’s not really worth continuing to play the game in general. This game has too many problems beyond the dungeon thing to invest any further time into it.

Posted by: kahboom.3659

kahboom.3659

While I doubt many of us will stop playing entirely, I doubt many of those that I play with will be playing dungeons any more. ANet should understand that they have TWO difficulties of dungeons. Story mode rewards SHOULD be less than Explorable mode, but the dungeon should also be easier. Not just slightly easier, but accessible and not frustrating to complete. I don’t mean trivial, I mean less complicated, and the rewards should be small enough that there is reason to run Explorable Mode (for those interested) instead. I’ve been about to do 3 dungeons and 2 explorable modes, and after the patch the difficulties seem much closer.

I play with many people who probably will have no desire to gear grind in EM dungeons, but would like to do something fun as a group (Story Mode) – this change has not only disappointed me, but I really expect to lose the participation of half my guild, maybe more (we are small tbh) because there is no casual mode. The point of story mode is accessibility and… Story. I see no reason to punish players that want to play SM only, and leave EM to those who want more challenge and rewards.

A big draw in MMOs, not just for me, but for many I know, is the multiplayer cooperative dungeons. Those who are interested in dungeons have WIDELY VARIED SKILL SETS. I’m nowhere near as skilled as some on my server, but the last 3 MMOs I’ve played had an option for us “derps”. ArenaNet – please balance the rewards as you see fit, but leave the casual players their easy mode dungeons. Difficulty for difficulty’s sake will only lose you paying customers.

Posted by: MajorFauxPas.2364

MajorFauxPas.2364

Nope, still doing.

Not when you consider the effort and time taken in open world pve to earn the same amount is about 1/10th it takes in dungeons. The only difference is tokens.

I’m glad you find it profitable, but I disagree on that.

So what is Anet’s position? “Working as intended.” Interesting. That means they will not change the rewards or the difficulty. I also disagree with Anet there.

To find a group for HoW, for instance, is rare. Consider that if I could do HoW 24/7, until I had 1500 tokens or whatever it takes to get a full set of armor and a Greatsword, the tokens would no longer matter. I’d have enough gold/gear to match what the tokens provide.

Lastly, in order farm a dungeon ‘well’ and do speed runs, you have to have the gear obtained by farming the dungeon and doing speed runs….

Hey, um, which way to the outhouse?

(edited by MajorFauxPas.2364)

Posted by: Daboris.6730

Daboris.6730

Nope, still doing.

Yeah no, not everyone has OCD and meticulously loots corpses.

Uhh…what? You’re right, it’s so hard to press f.

If you want to profit, work for it. Stop asking for handouts.

“Those dolls they were making underground… Did you think they look like me?”
-Vivi

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

I for one have decided to wait a while before I do any dungeons. Everything I’ve been hearing from my own guild mates indicates the difficulty is not worth any of the rewards (loot, coin drops, etc.) that are currently offered. The cost of repairs for the groups that finally finish a dungeon are more than what they actually gain via the loot and gear drops at this time.

We love to do dungeon crawls and pve raid grouping all the time, but so far GW2 does not offer us a good incentive or option to do either very well. Usually there are more than 5 people who want to group for a particular function, but GW2 does not offer 10 man raid groups or even pve raid fights outside of the obvious WvW setup.

Many of us just do not like to pvp and wish there was something available raid-wise for pve groups besides the current dungeons which are not that rewarding.

Posted by: TimeToParty.4875

TimeToParty.4875

3 days before that patch i was actually enjoying something else in the game for a level 80. CoF, It was great. 5 guild mates wrecking shop without smashing our face in the keyboard. Fun, Fast, Good alt to money and loot. Then they did this…. Two times in one blow, NOPE! im done, dungeon was all i had left that was fun, Not for just the gear but for the money i was losing in wvw. Yes i can farmed cursed shore. No i will not, Its boring. Im a hardcore gamer and have easily spent 50-80 hours a week playing gw. WvW is a lost cause and the only other fun i had was wreckin this dungeon so im done until its fixed. If it goes back to how it was with less reward then thats ok. Its just freaking impossible (IMPOSSIBLE dont u dare argue) to complete the dungeon now. I dont want to play something that is THAT hard. No video game for “casual” players should be THAT freaking hard. No i dont want to find certain types of classes to do the dungeon with. I want to do it with the friends i was doing it with before. They are amazing people. No im not gonna make another level 80 with my group just to do the dungeon. I expect the dev (and i say this because i’m a valve fanboy) to actually give a kitten and listen to its playerbase who wants it to go back to the way it was. DONT CARE ABOUT WOW IM COMPARING TO A GOOD GUY COMPANY NOT BLIZARD. I dont want this to be wow or similar to wow, I didnt even play wow. Not once! The game became boring because ur not being like valve and caring about the players you had. If you feel like you are doing what the players want you to do then your listening to the % of people who didnt know bout this in the first place and once they found out they all of a sudden started caring.

TL;DR Basically you ruined WvW and then destroyed the only other part of the game which is dungeons.

btw by the end of the day fort aspenwood will have over 200,000 more then the other servers THANKS
Fort Aspenwood 269,740
SOR 87,924
SF 85,942

Posted by: Moderator

Dungeon update feedback has now been relegated to this thread.