Dungeons should give Karma?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Sometimes I do dungeons all day with no pve, though I am getting tokens and some good silver, I’m falling behind on my karma requirement for the legendary weapons, so besides this I will have to PvE and to be honest, I’m not a big fan of doing dynamic events all day I’d rather do dungeons since they involve more strategy and teamwork.

Anet’s vision I believe was so you could do what you wanted and still gain rewards, for example pve/wvw both award karma and gold. I do agree glory should be sPvP only, but I believe dungeons should reward karma as well for players dedicated solely to it to give them a chance to play this way, not enough to make it the best viable option but something close compared to farming Dynamic Events.d

Thoughts?

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

(edited by Zogyark.4597)

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

give karma for the events/bonus events.
Give more karma for the bonus ones that people generally dont do (cave troll, oppressive ooze royalty [hell most people dont even know this one exists] ETC.)

And less karma for the ones that are essentially always done (spider queen, the saving roshan on the bridge in COF path 1. All the magg things in path 2, the ice dragon totems in HoTW ETC.)

Posted by: Lithen.3642

Lithen.3642

I agree with the addition of karma but i disagree entirely on your reasoning. Legendaries are supposed to require a level of competence in all facets of the game. In no way should someone be able to play solely dungeons and end up with a legendary.

Think about what you are saying. “I want the most difficult to obtain items in the game. Items that show how dedicated and good at this game I am…. but I don’t want to have to leave one tiny sliver of what this game offers.” It doesn’t line up with what a LEGENDARY item is.

However, I think that logically karma should be rewarded from dungeons. Karma is a sort of influence you gain for doing dynamic events correct? A dynamic event is when you aid other people, and the karma rewarded is them appreciating your aid. when you run through the explorable paths, you are essentially aiding the NPC. In CoE you aid the entire order through helping Spire seal the dungeon. In CoF you aid Farrah or Magg or whoever by helping shut down the Flame Legion. You are always helping someone, so it only makes sense that you would gain karma.

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I have to say I never thought about it but now that I started looking into getting a Legendary I would also like some karma as reward at the end of the dungeon. A sort of similar amount you would get for the same time spend exploring the world.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

I think allowing us to trade dungeon tokens for karma would be a big help. It’d make it much easier to justify doing dungeons with people even if you don’t need the item from that particular dungeon.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

It could be a way to reward people for not skipping the trash mobs in these dungeons. Personally I love the idea of getting karma from a dungeon, I don’t want to run Orr zerg chains just to buy some of the karma items. Even if it was less efficient, running dungeons is something I already want to do and it would be nice to get something more out of them.

Posted by: Ender.3508

Ender.3508

Lets see, ~4-7 “events” per dungeon path, award level appropriate karma for each one (300+ at 80) = 1200-2100 Karma for a run.

CoE tele runs take me about an hour and 20 minutes (less if we dont mess around at the lasers for the lulz) Alpha 1, Advanced Golem, Alpha 2, husk, and Alpha 3 makes for 5 events, 6 if you include the lasers. 1500-1800 karma seems fair for around 80 minutes of a dungeon. It’ll by no means shoot you up to the 250k or w/e for a legendary, but its a nice supplement for those who enjoy dungeons.

I support.

Kretna 80 Elementalist
ex – The Midnight Syndicate [Dark]
Maguuma

Posted by: Lithen.3642

Lithen.3642

It’ll by no means shoot you up to the 250k or w/e for a legendary, but its a nice supplement for those who enjoy dungeons.

The oby shards for just the gift of mastery is 525k karma. then you factor in random chance with the clovers and you’re near 1mill karma for a legendary. I wish it was just 250k…

Posted by: Jim Travakh.7495

Jim Travakh.7495

I’d like to know why karma was removed from dungeons specifically.

The events in the dungeon (each boss and bonus event) give the same reward as events outside (17k xp and 1.86s) but no karma. If it’s a matter of farming the same opening boss over and over there’s already a DR system for that. My warrior’s been pinned at 30k karma for a very long time because he does dungeons basically exclusively

Posted by: Ender.3508

Ender.3508

Odd, I thought it was ~500k with clovers and you needed only 100 shards for the gift and however many more for the clovers.

Kretna 80 Elementalist
ex – The Midnight Syndicate [Dark]
Maguuma

Zogyark.4597

Lithen I didn’t say I wanted to get a legendary by just farming dungeons, all I’m saying is if dungeons is the most appealing side for me in this game, then I should be rewarded with some Karma also instead of forcing me to find a party and zerg dynamic events/wvw with other players for Karma rewards. I prefer the strategic team play in dungeons much more than DE’s and WvW zerging and I don’t see why dungeons don’t reward Karma already.

Lvl 80 for about 3 weeks here and still stuck at 60k karma, Yes I have 100% World Completion.

(edited by Zogyark.4597)

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

I agree that karma should be added to key events like the cave troll or saving the npc on the bridge. As if you are running these places often you see these events in mass and while it was cool to see it the first time? The maybe 30th time? Eh.. not so much as at that point for some of us you are forced to do it every single last time. So it extends the time it takes to your run with pretty much no reward for doing it.

There should be some reward as an npc aid in the dungeon from the one saved, karma, maybe 5 extra tokens at the end, something to encourage people to have a desire to do it. As it stands right now I have groups wanting to skip some of these events, afk while they go on, you name it. Which creates issues for the poor souls that have to run back or are limited on time per say.

I personally have grown to loathe these events as they just tack on more time to my run with a lack of reward for doing them. I am sick of seeing the cave troll. It doesn’t change up my run if it happens a majority of the time in any fun fashion.

Posted by: Evoked.2176

Evoked.2176

Give Karma for story mode and redoing story mode..

Zogyark.4597

Dungeons should give Karma, reward me for doing what I like. The WvW people and the Dynamic Events people got it good because they are rewarded for doing what they like, while the dungeon people are stuck at 60K karma for 2-3 weeks and not getting rewarded Karma for it.

Let your voice be heard! Petition for Karma in dungeons and it just might be added, maybe we’ll get a response regarding this.