Dro.1047

pewpew

Goku s pov: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgmiOk1ov9c
Dub s pov is coming

Duo Alphard 50sec

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

Wow, fiery greatswords, that’s so interesting.

Can’t wait for that trash weapon to be nerfed, it’s pathetic.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Duo Alphard 50sec

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

While FGS has pretty much become standard in the increasingly stale speedrunning meta, I don’t think straight nerfing it is the right way to go. For one, its use is very limited outside of PvE/door busting in WvW. A better thing to do would be to make enemies that aren’t dumb enough to stand in a fire trail that’s chunking their health for 400,000 in several seconds.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Duo Alphard 50sec

Posted by: Zabrak.5648

Zabrak.5648

Indeed it’s pathetic, you are jealous.

Member of Keep Running [Kr]

Duo Alphard 50sec

Posted by: Clumsy.6257

Clumsy.6257

Because using the skill with the undisputed highest DPS to kill something fast is pathetic… #logic

Duo Alphard 50sec

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

I feel like anet doesn’t actually have any intent on nerfing it because they mentioned FGS in their feature patch (fixing the use of fiery rush so that it stops working after a teleport, like blink or lightning flash) but no mention of nerfing the damage from the trail.

It seems like nerfing it isn’t a possibility at the moment because it might make those groups that rely a little bit too much on overpowered ele conjures to beat things like the wurm and tequatl cry too much if all that stuff got nerfed to a reasonable amount of damage.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Duo Alphard 50sec

Posted by: Cotser.7015

Cotser.7015

FGS = exploit
pls stop exploit game u break it all

King of the Nightstand dynasty
I like dungeons and Ikea.
aka Cotscene.

Duo Alphard 50sec

hendo.1940

I’m not jealous, it’s just a glaring reminder of how dull the speed clear/kill meta is.

Because using the skill with the undisputed highest DPS to kill something fast is pathetic… #logic

When it lets guilds like yours cheese fights where you lack the skill to actually dodge the mechanics to kill bosses, then yes, a weapon having this high DPS is pathetic.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Duo Alphard 50sec

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I’m not jealous, it’s just a glaring reminder of how dull the speed clear/kill meta is.

When it lets guilds like yours cheese fights where you lack the skill to actually dodge the mechanics to kill bosses, then yes, a weapon having this high DPS is pathetic.

I’d argue that Alphard’s mechanics are pathetic. Fight fire with fire…literally.

Duo Alphard 50sec

Posted by: Zabrak.5648

Zabrak.5648

And your guild? Did you make any record or you just troll ?

Ps :Look the goku’s channel and say me if he doesn’t know dodge

Member of Keep Running [Kr]

Duo Alphard 50sec

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

^ is what happens when people barely understand english. He just took a cheap shot @ Clumsy, didn’t mean it for Goku.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Duo Alphard 50sec

hendo.1940

I’d argue that Alphard’s mechanics are pathetic. Fight fire with fire…literally.

Alphard’s mechanics are extremely punishing to the inexperienced, it’s good.

And your guild? Did you make any record or you just troll ?
Ps :Look the goku’s channel and say me if he doesn’t know dodge

I’m not sure what makes you think I aimed that at goku when I quoted someone else entirely.

FGS melting bosses was interesting like, months ago. Now it’s just dull, uninteresting and bad players like using it as a crutch because they can’t survive long enough using just conventional DPS. I’m not saying Dub or Goku are bad players, I’m saying that FGS is a weapon which can be wielded by a bad player because they’re too incompetent to survive long enough fighting a boss normally.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

(edited by hendo.1940)

Duo Alphard 50sec

dlonie.6547

It’s also fun.

/15char

Duo Alphard 50sec

Clumsy.6257

I love how long it took you to break out the insults. Also you should probably see members of a guild play before you say they can’t dodge.
edit: Just out of curiosity, what guild are you in?

(edited by Clumsy.6257)

Duo Alphard 50sec

Posted by: joey the creator.3587

joey the creator.3587

I feel like anet doesn’t actually have any intent on nerfing it because they mentioned FGS in their feature patch (fixing the use of fiery rush so that it stops working after a teleport, like blink or lightning flash) but no mention of nerfing the damage from the trail.

It seems like nerfing it isn’t a possibility at the moment because it might make those groups that rely a little bit too much on overpowered ele conjures to beat things like the wurm and tequatl cry too much if all that stuff got nerfed to a reasonable amount of damage.

They said on the twitch live stream they’re fixing it with blink in the feature patch and it will still work by using it into the wall for the moment but they plan to fix the use of fgs into the wall in the future, I think the stream is probably on youtube.

Quit gw2. Casually play gw1 when I have spare time.

(edited by joey the creator.3587)

Duo Alphard 50sec

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

If FGS gets a similar treatment as Ride the lightning in the past (double CD) since you use it untargeted into a wall.
The other thing that could screw it up, when Anet decides that every movement skill requires a target to use.

edit: grammar

(edited by Dalanor.5387)

Duo Alphard 50sec

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

I love how long it took you to break out the insults. Also you should probably see members of a guild play before you say they can’t dodge.
edit: Just out of curiosity, what guild are you in?

Hes in Does not Troll.

Duo Alphard 50sec

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Using guardians in fotm/anywhere else is cheesing too. Using mesmers in any projectile heavy area is cheesing too. Using warriors anywhere is cheesing too. Using vigor or energy sigils where they are not required is cheesing too.

At least if you want to look at it this way.

In fact, doing a fgs lupicus duo was flat out much harder than doing a normal (no fgs) one. It takes me at most two attempts to solo alpkitten a naked mesmer and just a few as guardian. Doing it on Ele instead, with only maegnetic wave/obsidian flesh, swirling, which actually overlap, arcane shield and some FGS evades is harder than timing those tools to receive 100% like uptime, too.

I understand your point of parties being able to cheese their way through various encounters with the power of the fgs, but if talking of speedclears, FGS kills involve a lot more thinking, theorycrafting, positioning, timing and skill to get an acceptable time. Although this was in no way meant to be a record run, we were just about selling path 2 after we did (yet another) 50s duo lupicus and wanted to get alphard done quick, not using “easymode” with all utilites eles have.

If anyone disagrees on that, I’d like to see your FGS-based records of lupicus, alphard or any other encounter in a not nessecarily full team. Although, if anyone tries breaking the current 5 men lupicus record: good luck and good nerves. You’ll need both. Don’t expect it to finish in under a few days of contant trying, even though the tactics (I yet had to find out) are public now.

Edit: http://youtu.be/gC6keoBZPsA

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

(edited by Dub.1273)

Duo Alphard 50sec

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

There are definitely fights where FGS is typical and not impressive. A 5 person FGS on Alphard would probably be fairly boring as well. But with no mesmers/guardians to provide 100% reflection uptime, preventing the projectiles consistently enough to be able to DPS this fast is pretty impressive. Nice work~

Duo Alphard 50sec

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

Profession Skills
Elementalist

Conjure Fiery Greatsword – Base damage has been reduced by 33%

GG…….

Duo Alphard 50sec

Clumsy.6257

Profession Skills
Elementalist

Conjure Fiery Greatsword – Base damage has been reduced by 33%

GG…….

Typical boss fights went from 3 seconds to 4 seconds. GG.

Duo Alphard 50sec

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Still sucks to know its possible to down a boss this fast. Gives the wrong idea to people and then they start attempting to do the same thing because they think its effective wich in most case prove not true. Must i mention this video likely costed them Several repair and a good thousand attempt (the last one behing the Lucky one that didnt fail)? Video of speedclears should in no way be considered a standard in pve dungeon.

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

Duo Alphard 50sec

Dub.1273

Still sucks to know its possible to down a boss this fast. Gives the wrong idea to people and then they start attempting to do the same thing because they think its effective wich in most case prove not true. Must i mention this video likely costed them Several repair and a good thousand attempt (the last one behing the Lucky one that didnt fail)? Video of speedclears should in no way be considered a standard in pve dungeon.

Uhh… three attempts, no repair costs (for me).

Dub | [rT]

Duo Alphard 50sec

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I love these videos and great job guys, but I do desperately wish that these sorts of times were able to be achieved using other classes as well.

These encounters could also do with being made significantly tougher to endure with far greater sustained damage on the players to make it more difficult for people to achieve this sort of thing. Imagine if each of her shots added a long duration bleed too, forcing you to bring condition management. What if her clones, on death, exploded in clouds of very painful poisons… Things like that. That would make it far more interesting both to achieve these times but also to watch them.

Either way, let me reiterate, great job.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Duo Alphard 50sec

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

Imagine if each of her shots added a long duration bleed too

Not sure if serious.

Duo Alphard 50sec

Rising Dusk.2408

Not sure if serious.

Her basic attack bleeds are short and weak now. Those don’t count! I was thinking like a 20s bleed for each hit of her Unload you know, to add some condi pressure into this that you actually cared to remove.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Duo Alphard 50sec

Clumsy.6257

Not sure if serious.

Her basic attack bleeds are short and weak now. Those don’t count! I was thinking like a 20s bleed for each hit of her Unload you know, to add some condi pressure into this that you actually cared to remove.

That wouldn’t change anything for most groups.

Duo Alphard 50sec

Dub.1273

1. Get a mesmer.
2. Untrait warden’s feedback.
3. Equip heal signet.
4. Get 3 wardens up.
5. ???
6. Profit.

Dub | [rT]

Duo Alphard 50sec

Rising Dusk.2408

Not sure if serious.

Veritably not for groups with permanent reflect uptime, but the point is ultimately to just add depth to the boss. Give it a melee blast attack, make her unload unblockable, do something.

Duo Alphard 50sec

RemiRome.8495

Not sure if serious.

And maybe some magic force that constantly ticks away at your hp. They could call it agony or something.

You’re a genius!

The condi pressure is very much there already. That a decent player can ignore it entirely isn’t really relevant.

edit: instant tripleblast of death on failed dodge wasn’t depth enough for you?

(edited by RemiRome.8495)

Duo Alphard 50sec

dlonie.6547

instant tripleblast of death on failed dodge wasn’t depth enough for you?

I wouldn’t call it depth. Bullkitten gimmick, but not depth :-P

Duo Alphard 50sec

Rising Dusk.2408

And maybe some magic force that constantly ticks away at your hp. They could call it agony or something.

You’re a genius!

The condi pressure is very much there already. That a decent player can ignore it entirely isn’t really relevant.

edit: instant tripleblast of death on failed dodge wasn’t depth enough for you?

I think now I need to reiterate to you your own words: not sure if serious. Agony is irremovable, whereas bleeds are removable. The whole premise of the two is vastly different. The condi pressure isn’t there already because you never actually need to remove them. Even if you facetanked Alphard, the real threatening damage is not from her bleeds. Hell, the very notion of “pressure” doesn’t exist when you can avoid the entire thing with trivial effort via reflects. Mai Trin employs condi pressure much better than Alphard does right now.

And really, the change to her explosion doesn’t make her difficult. It’s as the above user suggests, a silly and fast gimmick change they made just to discourage selling paths. I’m sure we’ll see more like it before we see any actual design improvements.

Duo Alphard 50sec

dlonie.6547

And really, the change to her explosion doesn’t make her difficult. It’s as the above user suggests, a silly, fast, ineffective, and buggy gimmick change they made just to discourage selling paths.

FTFY ;-)

Duo Alphard 50sec

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I still love you Dub, no matter what big mean hendo says

no homer though (get rekd filter)

Duo Alphard 50sec

RemiRome.8495

snip

From a solo perspective. There is no pressure at all anywhere in a party.

Mai Trin employs condi pressure much better than Alphard does right now.

For alphard you need reflects or you get bleeding. For Mai Trin you need a button bound to movement in the direction of your choice.

Mai Trin condi pressure… giggle.

(edited by RemiRome.8495)

Duo Alphard 50sec

Rising Dusk.2408

edit2: and yes. those bleeds can be cleansed. but as you gave them a glorious 20s duration you will run out of cleanses and then you will die. kind of like agony but even dumber.

If I ever get hired as an ANet dungeon developer, I’ll make sure to never exaggerate around you so you don’t get bothered by it.

Duo Alphard 50sec

hendo.1940

Not sure if serious.

Veritably not for groups with permanent reflect uptime, but the point is ultimately to just add depth to the boss. Give it a melee blast attack, make her unload unblockable, do something.

These sound like Fractal instabilities.

If you’ve noticed, basically nobody likes doing them and just do 49s or 50s because they’re the least annoying.

Brute force mechanics like unblockable attacks don’t make for interesting encounters either, it just makes people roll their eyes at the fact that their wall of reflection doesn’t actually reflect anything.

Alphard is honestly fine the way she is. If you don’t know how the fight works you will wipe over and over again. It took me and a pug group I was in ten wipes before we figured it out. If you know how it works … good, the fight should now be easy for you.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Duo Alphard 50sec

Rising Dusk.2408

These sound like Fractal instabilities.

If you’ve noticed, basically nobody likes doing them and just do 49s or 50s because they’re the least annoying.

Brute force mechanics like unblockable attacks don’t make for interesting encounters either, it just makes people roll their eyes at the fact that their wall of reflection doesn’t actually reflect anything.

Alphard is honestly fine the way she is. If you don’t know how the fight works you will wipe over and over again. It took me and a pug group I was in ten wipes before we figured it out. If you know how it works … good, the fight should now be easy for you.

Fractal instabilities are ignored because the path of least resistance allows players to ignore them. Difficult mechanics that you can’t bypass make for tougher experiences and make for more enjoyable runs for more seasoned players. I do agree that brute force mechanics are dumb, but I think one thing basically all encounters in-game are missing out on is actual pressure on the players. Everything is too easy and nothing forces you to think differently. This is why I favor things that deal unstoppable damage to players unless they use smart LoS or something (Agony doesn’t count because Agony is a gearcheck and not actual pressure).

Speaking hypothetically here, but what if a future boss was fought in an arena where you were always poisoned and it couldn’t be removed? It dealt low damage (opposite of Old Tom) but simply impeded your ability to heal properly when you did take damage. If the boss was too resilient or had too much outward damage for a berserker group to handle it, you might start seeing the emergence of things like Diamond Skin Elementalists or Automated Response Engineers to take care of it and deal with the situation. I miss those kinds of build and run composition adjustments that we used to see in older games, where good guilds would step back and say “We can’t approach this like we’ve approached everything before, what can we do to beat this?” I wish GW2 had more of that.

Here’s another idea: What if you fought a boss that made it so downed = dead and you couldn’t revive allies? And then it tried to spike down single players really fast to kill off the team one-by-one (ie. it had no AOE attacks). That could be really awesome.

Maybe I’m just a member of the crowd that not-so-secretly wishes dungeons were actually difficult and really, really tough for random new players to get into without a lot of practice and trial and error. Oh well, I’m just rambling now, I’ll stop.

Cheers.

Duo Alphard 50sec

hendo.1940

Fractal instabilities are ignored because the path of least resistance allows players to ignore them. Difficult mechanics that you can’t bypass make for tougher experiences and make for more enjoyable runs for more seasoned players.

It makes for irritating experiences when they don’t make sense.

Boss 1 fires gun. Player 1 puts up reflect. Player 1 eats damage.

????

Lupicus sprays AOE. Player 1 puts up reflect. Player 1 reflects.

$$$$$$$

Everything is too easy and nothing forces you to think differently. This is why I favor things that deal unstoppable damage to players unless they use smart LoS or something (Agony doesn’t count because Agony is a gearcheck and not actual pressure).

If you enjoy unstoppable damage, sit outside Melandru shrines while the temple is contested. Yes, that perma bleed and cripple is so interesting. And no, everything is not too easy or I would not be able to consistently carry groups through Arah day in, day out. If I recorded all of my pug runs and uploaded them, people would actually see that your average player doesn’t just blitz through everything, and that the people who do are an extreme minority.

Speaking hypothetically here, but what if a future boss was fought in an arena where you were always poisoned and it couldn’t be removed? It dealt low damage (opposite of Old Tom) but simply impeded your ability to heal properly when you did take damage. If the boss was too resilient or had too much outward damage for a berserker group to handle it, you might start seeing the emergence of things like Diamond Skin Elementalists or Automated Response Engineers to take care of it and deal with the situation.

Except that isn’t interesting at all. You get warriors who dump on berserker stance and you get eles that stick on diamond skin. It’s completely passive. It doesn’t require active damage mitigation, it’s just a boss with a giant load of toughness that deals constant DoT. That’s about as interesting as watching paint dry.

Here’s another idea: What if you fought a boss that made it so downed = dead and you couldn’t revive allies? And then it tried to spike down single players really fast to kill off the team one-by-one (ie. it had no AOE attacks). That could be really awesome.

Lupicus is pretty close to that (especially spiking down players with bubbles). And sure, give us more Lupicus fights.

Maybe I’m just a member of the crowd that not-so-secretly wishes dungeons were actually difficult and really, really tough for random new players to get into without a lot of practice and trial and error. Oh well, I’m just rambling now, I’ll stop.

Seriously, just pug Arah. I purposely try to find new players and they’ll die on every skip. They’ll die on every boss fight. If I don’t switch to thief they basically won’t reach any of the bosses.

These people who talk about how easy the game’s content is are just out of touch with the skill level of the average player – the fact of the matter is, high level fractals consists of just range kiting and afk on safe spots, and Arah involves more range kiting and afk on safe spots. Get these same people to try and do the content properly and they’ll basically get plastered all of the walls. I force groups to get up and melee the Magecrusher because using the safe spot just makes me want to ragequit the group. I always go up to Lupicus at the start and the group then feels an impulse to follow me in to melee. I use the LoS for Alphard, and the group will LoS with me. The game really isn’t as easy as people claim it is, it’s just there are a minority of people so experienced at the content that they make it look easy.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

(edited by hendo.1940)

Duo Alphard 50sec

Dub.1273

I still love you Dub, no matter what big mean hendo says

no homer though (get rekd filter)

I love you too Cookie, lots’a homer, though.

Attachments:

Dub | [rT]

Duo Alphard 50sec

dlonie.6547

Lupicus sprays AOE. Player 1 puts up reflect. Player 1 reflects.

$$$$$$$

Or, Player 1 puts up reflect wall after AoE appears, but before projectile appears. Player 1 still eats hit.

??

Duo Alphard 50sec

hendo.1940

Wall has a cast time. You almost always take damage while in wall anyway since the projectiles which land adjacent to you splash a bit.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Duo Alphard 50sec

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

While FGS has pretty much become standard in the increasingly stale speedrunning meta, I don’t think straight nerfing it is the right way to go. For one, its use is very limited outside of PvE/door busting in WvW. A better thing to do would be to make enemies that aren’t dumb enough to stand in a fire trail that’s chunking their health for 400,000 in several seconds.

Oh so like the system they had for mobs in GW1?

Duo Alphard 50sec

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I feel like chiming in on the argument between you two, hendo and Rising Dusk… particularly because I agree with points that both of you brought up.

@hendo
I agree very much so about some of the responses you gave him; in particular:

“It doesn’t require active damage mitigation, it’s just a boss with a giant load of toughness that deals constant DoT. That’s about as interesting as watching paint dry.”

“The game really isn’t as easy as people claim it is, it’s just there are a minority of people so experienced at the content that they make it look easy.”

However… I really don’t understand why you’re being as hostile with Rising Dusk as you are. Not sure if you didn’t intend to be, but it definitely comes across that way. He gave a few specific examples and went into detail about how his goal/desirable outcome is for dungeons and more specifically, the bosses, to have more depth and interesting mechanics. If his examples failed to meet that, why not try giving an example yourself that meets the criteria instead of trying to shut him down? I’m guessing there’s probably quite a bit of encounters you’d change if you could, no?

@Rising Dusk
I really really agree with your mentality. However, I’m going to have to agree with hendo (in a less harsh manner) that your specific examples don’t really seem to meet your desired criteria.

-Making alphard’s bleed last longer doesn’t exactly add depth at all and worst case scenario swap a util for cond removal.
-Adding explosions that are unblockable/unreflectable… all I can think of is Mistlock Instability on Fotm 39. There is nothing fun about getting knocked down constantly because someone in your party killed a trash mob nearby, resulting in you being unable to defend yourself.

On that note, that leads me to something that I find to be problematic in any circumstance— being punished because of somebody on your party failing is not always the best way to go about things. Example, somebody failing to dodge Alphard’s pull. Why the hell is everyone instantly killed? It should only instantly kill them. There’s certain mechanics like that which make encounters easier to solo than to do in a group, which I find to be counter-intuitive. For the case of Fotm 39, it’s a cluster knockdowns/knockbacks often not caused by yourself which can very easily get you killed. It’s not always a bad design, but it’s worth taking into consideration.

“Maybe I’m just a member of the crowd that not-so-secretly wishes dungeons were actually difficult and really, really tough for random new players to get into without a lot of practice and trial and error.”

I too am a member of said crowd then.

Duo Alphard 50sec

hendo.1940

However… I really don’t understand why you’re being as hostile with Rising Dusk as you are. Not sure if you didn’t intend to be, but it definitely comes across that way. He gave a few specific examples and went into detail about how his goal/desirable outcome is for dungeons and more specifically, the bosses, to have more depth and interesting mechanics. If his examples failed to meet that, why not try giving an example yourself that meets the criteria instead of trying to shut him down? I’m guessing there’s probably quite a bit of encounters you’d change if you could, no?

Because every single time somebody offers ideas on how to “improve” encounters, it either involves trinity (which was not the case here, luckily) or coming up with things that are basically just hard counters to berserker builds and active gameplay ( well-timed aegis – oh wait it’s unblockable hurrrrrrrrrrrrr).

DoT is not interesting. Alphard applying bleeds to all of her attacks is not interesting. Why people suggest these things is completely beyond me. We have a strong action gameplay system and people just want to throw it in the dumpster and stick healers and tanks in the game because the current meta is like a giant boogeyman.

I honestly can’t think of specific interesting mechanics, but as a general suggestion – hard hitting, yet forgiving and learnable mechanics are good. Lupicus’ swipe will literally smack you half way across the room and one-shot squishies, but it has a very clear tell. Lupicus’ phase 2 AOE has an extremely clear tell which needs to be dodged. The bubble has a clear tell which can be stability’d out of. The phase 2 AOE and bubble also aren’t so hard hitting that it’s just GG either, the bubble pulses for like 5k damage and gives you room for error to scramble outside the bubble. You can dodge inside it, you can block inside it. There’s a number of ways to deal with it. Excluding the annoying cannon phases, Mai Trin isn’t actually that bad of a fight in a group that knows what its doing.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Duo Alphard 50sec

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

+1 Lupi is a big sized boss, so it makes it’s tells clearly visible even in an effect clusterkitten.

Duo Alphard 50sec

Rising Dusk.2408

Because every single time somebody offers ideas on how to “improve” encounters, it either involves trinity (which was not the case here, luckily) or coming up with things that are basically just hard counters to berserker builds and active gameplay ( well-timed aegis – oh wait it’s unblockable hurrrrrrrrrrrrr).

DoT is not interesting. Alphard applying bleeds to all of her attacks is not interesting. Why people suggest these things is completely beyond me. We have a strong action gameplay system and people just want to throw it in the dumpster and stick healers and tanks in the game because the current meta is like a giant boogeyman.

DoT is not interesting to you. It makes sense to me that what I’m describing is completely beyond you based on how you describe the way you think and what you enjoy. Not every boss should be identical to GL, even if GL is a great boss. There is a wide variety of different mechanics in the game, and having bosses that appeal to each of them is far better than a hundred of the specific type of bosses you like to see. We’re playing an action game, but that doesn’t mean absolutely everything in-game has to be avoidable with the number of dodges we have available. Emergent gameplay is something we want to encourage, and presenting players with a diverse set of circumstances that they can interact with uniquely and which require different responses is indeed a meaningful pursuit.

My examples for Alphard were exaggerated and simply reflective of a want to see the boss require more thought and planning than it currently does. Seriously, though, she’s not in a good place. You spam reflects, go to sleep, and even without LoS you just hide behind a box while lightning flies. Brute force mechanics (like the change Alphard recently saw) are quick fixes to try and make a boss tougher, but really don’t address root problems. My point is that the game should strive to present unique experiences to which the players can respond uniquely depending on the situation. Currently it does not.

Duo Alphard 50sec

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I didn’t expect such harsh reaction from you. FGS Lupicus is not easy, FGS Abom is not easy and much less so with Alphard. Maybe playing ele for a change?

P.S.: Love both of you, Dub and hendo.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids