Duo Fractals, good comp?

Duo Fractals, good comp?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Mitzarin.2963

Mitzarin.2963

I know this is not the efficient way to do content, and as such please don’t post find a pug. We like to challenge ourselves to learn our classes to the best they can be. That said, we had both taken a LONG break from GW2 for the later college semesters and are returning.

With HoT everything has changed; what is the best duo composition in your opinions for duo fractals? We both have our 80 boosts available and don’t mind using them and re-learning classes.

Prior to leaving, we duoed fractals as two herald revs.

Duo Fractals, good comp?

Posted by: Chris McSwag.4683

Chris McSwag.4683

Necro is easy mode

[eS] Ethereal Synergy
DPS Benchmarks, Raids, Low-mans etc.

Duo Fractals, good comp?

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

Duo Necro if your goal is just to survive through content

Druid/Warrior will probably be best if played to maximum efficiency as they’re the classes with the most offensive boons.

Duo Fractals, good comp?

Posted by: otome.2673

otome.2673

For Underwater fractal take 2 eles

Duo Fractals, good comp?

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Prior to leaving, we duoed fractals as two herald revs.

You ran a suboptimal comp before and you were successful, it seems. So why not go on with rev because you know the class.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Duo Fractals, good comp?

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Necro is easy mode

Is necro still pretty decent, even after the minion nerf?

Duo Fractals, good comp?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Necro is easy mode

None of the reasons for choosing Necro for ‘easy mode’ have changed. People choose it because it’s a durable build, allows for tons of mistakes (from the player or teammates), and it dishes out sufficient damage. It offers some decent crowd control and some decent other utility.

The damage of the common build is noticeably reduced, but the other aspects are unchanged.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Duo Fractals, good comp?

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

Necro is easy mode

Lich form nerf did not affect fractal necros much IMO. I encountered Necros before that pretty much spammed the Mark of Horror regardless of there was anyone in the team to heal them, and I don’t suppose those Jagged Horrors with 0 heals lived much longer than 30 second versions Necros have today.

In any case you still have Rise minions that take 0 damage in PvE and are barely affected by their nerf, other minions that can tank for you and transfer your conditions, Shroud’s comparable defense to active mitigation due to longer fights and plenty of unblockable stuff and reasonable damage that you can apply on range regardless of the mobs/bosses’ positioning.

Duo Fractals, good comp?

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

I’ve duoed a lot of fractals on my Rev with my friend using her Mesmer. With both of us having lots of evades and higher then normal boon duration we’ve always been able to pull off some pretty intense success. But having mastery over your class also helps. I’ve got 1,703 hours playing only Rev. These many hours have taught me to push the class towards its limits.

I’d say any class combo can do it, honestly. You gotta play your class really well, and know how the fights.