EU guild recommendations?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Shadowrainer.8321

Shadowrainer.8321

Hi, I was wondering if any one has some quick recommendations for any english speaking high end EU guilds, the lfg section of the forums isn’t so great.

Thanks

(edited by Shadowrainer.8321)

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Transnational Syndicate [tS] and Happens [hP] are some good ones.

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

What the kitten is with all those “xX” tags? Can anyone explain?

Shadowrainer.8321

What the kitten is with all those “xX” tags? Can anyone explain?

I would also like to know x)

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Well, everybody wants to copy rT

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Shadowrainer.8321

Anyone got anymore suggestions? Q_Q

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

rT

Also, SC is kinda decent, if you stick around the glorious French members.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Shadowrainer.8321

rT

I’d imagne SC and rT has pretty rough trials though right? xD

bladex.9502

rT

Every high end PvE guild has pretty rough trails, it wouldn’t be a high end guild otherwise

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

For Snow Crows you need to take vows, forget about reproduction, and you may get stabbed “for the watch”, so it’s a risky position.

rT is of course superior, but the trials are indeed a challenge

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Shadowrainer.8321

rT

Every high end PvE guild has pretty rough trails, it wouldn’t be a high end guild otherwise

Oh yeh I get that, I just assumed that SC and rT would be on the harder side of things compared to the others.

bladex.9502

rT

Oh yeh I get that, I just assumed that SC and rT would be on the harder side of things compared to the others.

Well, rT is obviously a guild for casuals, so the trail is probably killing a veteran in Queensdale or some kitten like that

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Nah, if you can make it past the tutorial within 5 attempts then we accept you at the officer level. That’s how I got in.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Shadowrainer.8321

Well crap, looks like rT is off the table for me then. ; (

Posted by: Raven.3248

Raven.3248

kitten them, I just troll pugs

Just another Arah veteran

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

rT takes bribes for invites.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Last time I was in there it wasn’t a guild, just a “guild”… with a high skill level among the members. Dunno if it got better now. Hopefully it did. But since they invited spojski I doubt it… /snicker
Jk. I dunno. I gave up on guilds long time ago and use the forum. You may wanna consider building a strong fl.

(edited by deSade.9437)

Posted by: Snowball.3497

Snowball.3497

I gave up on guilds long time ago and use the forum. You may wanna consider building a strong fl.

Now imagine ANet introducing alliances GW1 style. It would be amazing to keep guild identity but at the same time play with likeminded people

Particlar – Desolation – [Hs]
World First Wurm KillRaid Sells on Twitch
Origin of Diboof

Shadowrainer.8321

Anyone got any more? D :

Snowball.3497

I’m sure I’m missing a lot, but those that comes to mind that hasn’t been mentioned: KING, vC, qT, HeX, geek, iG, QQ.

Origin of Diboof

spoj.9672

I gave up on guilds long time ago and use the forum. You may wanna consider building a strong fl.

Now imagine ANet introducing alliances GW1 style. It would be amazing to keep guild identity but at the same time play with likeminded people

We are getting pseudo alliances with the cross guild chat coming into the game. Just means we all need to be invited as guest ranks to other guilds we dont rep. Should be interesting.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

We are getting pseudo alliances with the cross guild chat coming into the game. Just means we all need to be invited as guest ranks to other guilds we dont rep. Should be interesting.

What about us sociopaths? The game should cater to our needs too.
Destroy all the guilds and disable the chat. Yay!
… we need to resuscitate holy, spojski, just sayin’.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Something really nice that they had back in EQ (and all SOE games I believe) was chat channels. You could be in 10 at a time, some of my channels were as low as 3 people, some hundreds. No requirements, could form on the fly by just doing “/join Fractal50” and it’d auto create and anyone could join and simply be part of a chat channel and nothing more. Could even put passwords on them to make it private and could even never tell anyone the password but simply have people join by invite only. And, something cool they did at one point (but later broke and never bothered to fix) was that they had a stand alone client that just tapped into that chat. So you could be outside the game still chatting with those who were playing in the game.

It was nice.

spoj.9672

Yeah ive seen those chat channel things in a lot of MMO’s. Ive never been a fan because they can be confusing and overwhelming for new players. I think this cross guild chat is a good middle ground. But it would be nice to have private chat groups as an addition as well (maybe friend/followers chat).

Snowball.3497

Commander squad chat!?

Origin of Diboof

Jerus.4350

Yeah ive seen those chat channel things in a lot of MMO’s. Ive never been a fan because they can be confusing and overwhelming for new players. I think this cross guild chat is a good middle ground. But it would be nice to have private chat groups as an addition as well (maybe friend/followers chat).

… huh? I’m actually curious what you mean.

spoj.9672

I just have memories of auto joining all these random chat channels. Or not knowing how to join the ones i wanted (didnt know the name of specific chats for example). It wasnt an intuitive system when it gives too much choice. And theres so much channel clutter that makes the chat box feel very messy most of the time. Im sure it can be done in a way that doesnt create that cluttered messy feeling. But i dont think hundreds of custom channels are needed. Just the core ones we have now and single private group chats maybe.

What im really getting at is that i dont mind custom channels. But im completely against custom big gamewide public channels. They create unnecessary segration in the game. We have map and say chat for that. I think thats all there should be for public.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Jerus.4350

I get your point. But, I’m a fan of segregation just not forced segregation. I loved having my Bard chat, my more highend LFG, various groups of friends each with it’s own channel, and so on.

I find GW2’s system to be quite restrictive. If I want to talk with a group of friends while we all do various things then we have to represent the same guild or be in a group. But there are many situations where that’s not easy to pull off. Doing guild missions with one guild, you can’t represent with your friends. Doing a dungeon, you can’t be in a group with them. Just very limiting.

I will say, when EQ moved to include that system more, yeah, I totally get your point, it was annoying and most turned off the feature and simply set up their own stuff. And, the autojoin was certainly clunky, such that most just had a “log in” macro (macros were built into the game) that did it all for you.

Anyways, I just miss being able to do something like “/1 hey, anyone down for a 50?” and hit up all the people I’d want to do a fractal with in one message. Or have quick access to discuss something or ask questions to a bunch of good players of a certain profession.