Easiest and/or fastest dungeon paths

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Truthbearer.9708

Truthbearer.9708

Q:

Occasionally, I’ve been running CoF p1 and HotW p1 since it’s a nice way to get some quick change and dungeon tokens. Sadly I’m not much of a dungeon person, but I do like the dungeon armors.
So I’m wondering what other easy or short paths are available to do. Keep in mind this is with a PuG and most likely aren’t all full berserker. I’m also wondering what paths are the easiest/shortest (and PuG-friendly) for every dungeon since I’ve found conflicting info about this.

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

A:

COF P1 > HotW P1 > AC P3 > COF P2 > AC P1 > SE P1 > TA up > CM P3 > COE P2 > TA foward > SE P3 > COE P3
In order of easiest/time consuming based on team coordination IMHO.
Ofc times may vary with bearbows, staffguards…

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

(edited by RSLongK.8961)

Posted by: noobgood.8762

noobgood.8762

AC p1+p3, CM p3, TA up, SE p1, CoF p1+p2, HotW p1, CoE p1. Those are the easiest/shortest dungeon paths for non-berserker keyboard turners. Of course you are free to learn the other dungeon paths aswell.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Lmao keyboard turners…

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Anierna.6918

Anierna.6918

All AC, all CoE, CoF 1/2, SE 1/3, TA up/fwd, CM 3, HotW 1, Arah 2/3.

Posted by: Young Somalia.1706

Young Somalia.1706

All AC, all CoE, CoF 1/2, SE 1/3, TA up/fwd, CM 3, HotW 1, Arah 2/3.

top kek Arah p2 is a literal pug destroyer (unless you are the mesmer; I never play mine).

Imo

AC13, CoE13 (idiots can NOT do Husk), SE13, CoF12 (3 is just as easy but people are pampered by P1 I guess), HotW1 are all my go-tos for brainless fun.

Arah is probably over your head as a new pugger and often requires a certain level of discrimination in forming a party that won’t disband at something petty, but P1 is pretty ezbake oven tier if people know how to skip trash.

Guard: Driveby Brofist; Warrior: Giganticus Elitist
[LOD]

Anierna.6918

I havent pug’d in a looooooong time. the 16 paths I listed are the ones I do with guildies every night, and unless I’m evaluating trials, they go very quickly and smoothly. Even with trial members, runs are still fast; I just need to explain things on TS as we go, which only adds a few mins to the runs.

everyone, even the trials, is full zerk + meta spec though. so if the OP is pug’ing, the only way he’ll get anything near a fast run is to require a gear ping. otherwise, bring on the bearbows and staff guards!

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

I havent pug’d in a looooooong time. the 16 paths I listed are the ones I do with guildies every night, and unless I’m evaluating trials, they go very quickly and smoothly. Even with trial members, runs are still fast; I just need to explain things on TS as we go, which only adds a few mins to the runs.

everyone, even the trials, is full zerk + meta spec though. so if the OP is pug’ing, the only way he’ll get anything near a fast run is to require a gear ping. otherwise, bring on the bearbows and staff guards!

You should try CM P1, it’s almost as fast as CM P3 (with a thief / guard / mes)

Anierna.6918

CM 1’s on the “to-do list.” I still take too long solo’ing that first part on thief

That vid you linked was OP; everyone but you must have stealthed in and killed adds through walls, rather than having a thief solo it. We’ll have to try that.

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

Well even if you kill the trash it’s still pretty fast, you lose maybe 5 minutes max and you can kill the last boss on a rock and he won’t be able to hit you (like the ooze in arah p1)

(edited by Jeremlloyd.6837)

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Exploit! Must nerf.

:(

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Truthbearer.9708

Truthbearer.9708

Thanks guys, this helped a lot.

When I did Arah with guildmates a long time ago, I found p3 to be the easiest. But yeah, it’s very unlikely that I will PuG that dungeon, since it’ll be like playing russian roulette.

I’ll give these other paths a try soon. Some of them I already did before, but it’s been at least a year, so I wondered how they compared to eachother. These lists will help me get back into them.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

What these guys all said seems pretty accurate but I want to comment on Arah and which of the paths are easiest to do with groups…

Arah P3 is definitely the easiest in groups because for all of the bosses if you don’t have aggro on you… you take almost no damage at all from anything and it dies so fast. Wraithlord at the end after ritual is a good example; I guarantee the vast majority of people have no idea how the fight really works just because they’re so used to him dying in less than a minute. For a long time I didn’t have any idea you could stand in the light to remove corruption stacks (or what corruption stacks even did) because I never really needed to learn, due to it dying before it had the chance to damage me.

IMO between paths 1-3 I’d say 2 is the hardest and that’s just because of Alphard and the deadeyes. It seems like most people exploit the path these days tho… =/

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Do full runs. It’s mostly easier and you can gearcheck. CoE is one of the best ones to do this. AC is one of the worst. Don’t compromise. People seem to accept “tank” gear on guardians. Don’t be that guy.
You can safely pug arah without any gearchecks. P2 is the best one because pugs kick themselves after failing to skip to belka or abo. It’s fun stuff.

Posted by: viciouspike.8624

viciouspike.8624

Honestly if you don’t already know CoE I wouldn’t suggest you try doing it with PUGs. I recently came back and it seems as though people can not count on P1 hacking, they run into golems at husk on P2(exaggerated but it doesn’t seem like many know it), can not count at destroyer/can not jump from destroyer.

Posted by: noobgood.8762

noobgood.8762

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids