in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Easy fix to world hunger, start eating.

Easy fix for the necro hate

Posted by: Substatic.6958

Substatic.6958

Yeah three years now, I don’t think ANET really gives a crap.

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

This made me giggle, +1

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

well, Reaper actually kick kitten in dungeon. but, till then , yeah……

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Truefrost.6815

Truefrost.6815

Err, what? No it didn’t. This previous beta it was BARELY performing above normal DS build, lol. Dagger build was still better, hell… It was only useful for RS so you could AoE but even that wasn’t so great.

Server: Yak’s Bend | Main: Aliah Raheim
Necro main since beta, MMO fanatic and avid beta tester.

(edited by Truefrost.6815)

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

Err, what? No it didn’t. This previous beta it was BARELY performing above normal DS build, lol. Dagger build was still better, hell… It was only useful for RS so you could AoE but even that wasn’t so great.

Agreed, they need at least one % damage modifier on RS to make Shroud attacks better than not using Shroud.

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Increase toughness on select mobs and bosses, especially the ones where it makes sense to do so from RP / story stand point, significantly. Tone down the condi immunities, significantly. Necros along with other condi users would become better by default. Problem solved. No need to nerf or boost anyone, no need to worry about affecting game balance in otehr game modes cause its a PvE change applicable only on PvE targets. Simple to impliment and not very expensive manhour wise.

Additional bonus: good steps to balance and/or get rid of the stale zerker meta.

Done and done.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

necro is a terrible condie class,

the only thing that will bring necro a possible spot in the “meta scene” with its current set up is damage equal to Ele/Engie/Thief

try getting that to pass in PvP/WvW though…

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

Agreed, they need at least one % damage modifier on RS to make Shroud attacks better than not using Shroud.

Wasn’t the RS attack speed trait bugged anyway?

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

indeed necro is terrible condi class. engi, ranger, warrior, idk about others – outclass necro in condition damage builds a lot
necromancer is just the worst designed profession in the game (okay i’ll give them that – better designed than ranger’s sword, but still…)

Ropechef.6192

indeed necro is terrible condi class. engi, ranger, warrior, idk about others – outclass necro in condition damage builds a lot
necromancer is just the worst designed profession in the game (okay i’ll give them that – better designed than ranger’s sword, but still…)

i know right….

and here we are playing the hell out of them anyway and wallowing in our self inflicted state.

I have been slamming head against lupi for weeks now trying to get him down. because for some twisted reason i want my first solo to be on necro.

Eh such as it is. my real life wont let me play at hours or enough to be an effective member of a dungeon guild. so I just spend my time in random PvP matches and WvW zergs or just PvE farming on one of my several Necro’s all by my lonesome.

bleh

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Ropechef! I can’t promise I’ll be available, my group have been greedy with my time lately, but please hit me up anytime, I love running with you though it’s been few and far between and I’ve always left hungry. I remember running with you and Ivan and salivating over the discussions.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Ropechef! I can’t promise I’ll be available, my group have been greedy with my time lately, but please hit me up anytime, I love running with you though it’s been few and far between and I’ve always left hungry. I remember running with you and Ivan and salivating over the discussions.

Promise? (very angry and malicious wink)

Oh Ivan!!! I want him to sing La Donna e Mobile for me!

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Ropechef.6192

Q.Q

can i bring my necro????

(kidding, i really need to settle in on another dungeon main. i have always just played whatever was needed so while I am decent at everything, i am not “good” at any one thing.

Posted by: Jodas.7904

Jodas.7904

Chef!! Fractal with me!!

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Q.Q

can i bring my necro????

(kidding, i really need to settle in on another dungeon main. i have always just played whatever was needed so while I am decent at everything, i am not “good” at any one thing.

Chef, necros are pretty niche in fractals. Trust me!

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I don’t mind necros at all. In fact a 5 necro fractal can actually be surprisingly smooth. Did it a while back with a group that 3/5 of them needed to ask how to set their build up before starting, and we waltz through it easily up until I trolled everyone transfusioning them in front fo mai trin to let her finish the job :b, still didn’t wipe though.

Truefrost.6815

Wasn’t the RS attack speed trait bugged anyway?

It was and won’t make much of a difference. It will help but dagger just produces much higher numbers. At least with the coming buffs for the next BWE GS will have a place in the meta with the giant buff to Gravedigger. It will totally become our form of Heartseeker.

Truefrost.6815

I don’t mind necros at all. In fact a 5 necro fractal can actually be surprisingly smooth. Did it a while back with a group that 3/5 of them needed to ask how to set their build up before starting, and we waltz through it easily up until I trolled everyone transfusioning them in front fo mai trin to let her finish the job :b, still didn’t wipe though.

Well, of course… With the stat changes you can pretty much run whatever the hell you want. Even before that content was easy, I had a fun run 50 fractal with my team with all necros and we breezed through it (Of course, didn’t compare to our full Ele run).

Doesn’t change the fact though that necros are very much ‘meh’ when it comes to damage and we offer nothing. VP was a good start to giving us something but even that isn’t very good. The real concern is this ‘Challenging Content’ that we’re getting, cause If it is hard… Necros are going to get boned hardcore because of our lack of everything.

I’m still hopeful that they’ll maybe make stuff like Chill and boon corruption more useful for pve. But honestly we’ll see.

Posted by: stachekiller.2591

stachekiller.2591

Being very bored with the game I did something I swore I would never do and made a necro. I felt the necro hate first hand as I was booted from a dungeon for the first time.

Of course it was because the entire group wiped in about 5 seconds and my solo of the boss was taking an ungodly amount of time (well over 5 minutes) while they all begged me to kill myself. Kicked with the boss at 20%.

I find that I am having a surprisingly fun time with the class doing surprisingly little damage. #necrolife

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

Being very bored with the game I did something I swore I would never do and made a necro. I felt the necro hate first hand as I was booted from a dungeon for the first time.

Of course it was because the entire group wiped in about 5 seconds and my solo of the boss was taking an ungodly amount of time (well over 5 minutes) while they all begged me to kill myself. Kicked with the boss at 20%.

I find that I am having a surprisingly fun time with the class doing surprisingly little damage. #necrolife

I’m kinda in the same situation right now, equipped my necro for dungeons, and all people do is either booting me (even though they had nothing specified in the LFG, maybe Path X or exp/lvl 80) or asking me to change my class.

Are you on EU? We should play some dungeons together

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

Posted by: stachekiller.2591

stachekiller.2591

Unfortunately I am on NA (though mostly play with oceanic and euro friends due to my time slot).

Too bad as I would like to increase my list of friends who are bored, still looking for fun and in to trying new things. That recipe led to the best part of my dating life after college.