Easy question on token aquiring

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Revelstoke.8924

Revelstoke.8924

Hey folks. So I’m verhemently against doing dungeons right now simply because there is no solid dungeon matchmaking or LFG system. I hate standing around or /shouting for groups, I just feel it’s a waste of precious time and am hoping ANet can add a utility for this in-game soon.

That aside, I’m just curious from those that do frequent the dungeons how quickly it takes on average to get yourselves a full set of gear? Im looking at AC and COF specifically (god the dredge stuff is ugly..). Pardon my infamiliarity with the dungeon scene and thanks in advance-

Shrubfelty – 80 Ele
Angus the Black – 80 War
Adrich – 80 Thief

Posted by: Silidus.7985

Silidus.7985

Hey folks. So I’m verhemently against doing dungeons right now simply because there is no solid dungeon matchmaking or LFG system. I hate standing around or /shouting for groups, I just feel it’s a waste of precious time and am hoping ANet can add a utility for this in-game soon.

That aside, I’m just curious from those that do frequent the dungeons how quickly it takes on average to get yourselves a full set of gear? Im looking at AC and COF specifically (god the dredge stuff is ugly..). Pardon my infamiliarity with the dungeon scene and thanks in advance-

Full set of gear is around 1380 tokens. Each path through explore nets ~69 (60 for completion and 9 more from sachels).

So you are looking at about 6.5 full runs through (one per day, 3 paths) for the complete set. If you run with multiple characters you can do the full run with each per day, so (assuming 2 characters) you can have it done in about a weekend.

Each run (3 paths) takes about 2 hours.

Also, check out www.gw2lfg.com. Finding a group takes about 15 seconds.

(edited by Silidus.7985)

Posted by: Shimond.2478

Shimond.2478

I thought it was 60 per wing, once per day (just from the daily). So 180 per day on one character.

Posted by: Silidus.7985

Silidus.7985

Oh man I am tired. (editing original to fix it)

Posted by: Heylo.4938

Heylo.4938

I’d suggest going for CoF as, if you find an experienced group, you can run all three paths in about an hour. An hour a day for about 207 tokens is not bad at all. Check gw2lfg for groups. It’s a pretty nice system.
Experienced AC runs for all 3 paths takes about an hour and a half. That one’s a little harder with a PuG sometimes because of those burrows.
The speed at which you can get the full set depends on how many characters you have to run it on and how long you want to spend on it in a day. For example, I can get a full set of CoF in 2 days ish because I have 4 chars to run it on, but I don’t really care to take the time to run each path 4 times a day right now.
Good luck!

Sickest Guild [NA] Blackgate

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

try gw2lfg.com