Easy solution for Dungeon reward problem

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

Okay, as everyone knows, nobody is doing dungeons anymore since the lack of rewards.
I thought of some easy solution: Make dungeon marks needed for guild hall upgrades. This way,
a) the economy is still unaffected
b) there’s a reason to run dungeons again
c) players like me who already got dungeoneer can spend their remaining dungeon marks on something useful (to “clean up” the account purse)

There could be a broad usage of those marks – limited time buffs (so that there won’t be a time where enough marks have been collected), dungeon-themed guild hall accessoires, maybe even special weapon/armor skins, … and much more.

What do you think?

Posted by: harold.3526

harold.3526

They don’t care about dungeons anymore, they will not spend even 1 minute of a developer on dungeons anymore, unless is breaking something else on the game.

Chaos | Death And Taxes [DnT]

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

Actually if u have dungeon recipes u can still make a lot of money running dungeons.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Posted by: RubberDougie.2750

RubberDougie.2750

As I posted on Reddit, here are my dungeon suggestions:

“I think an approach used by City of Heroes / Villains (although, they did it kitten and didn’t update the values often enough) to awarding equal pay for equal work (to an approximate extent) could do well for dungeons in this game.

Simply, a continuously-updating database tracks the median completion time of dungeons over the past 30 days and adjusts upward the rewards of a dungeon, including gold, tokens, experience, items, or others based on how high the median completion time over the recent time period was. There would be a certain baseline for dungeons (IE the 40 / 60 tokens we have now) that rewards could not fall below, however.

How about it? This could also be used for Fractals. Though they seem to be doing some work on balancing the “harder” fractals, I don’t know if they actively collect the completion times of groups for each fractal scale and determine rewards from that."

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Okay, as everyone knows, nobody is doing dungeons anymore since the lack of rewards.
I thought of some easy solution

Unfortunately, what you consider a problem, for Anet is the desired situation. They want dungeons to stay empty. Instead of thinking of solutions to the current situation, you should be thinking of ways to make devs care about dungeons.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

RubberDougie.2750

Why do people think devs want dungeons to stay empty? That just sounds crazy. The rewards nerf was needed for SOME paths of dungeons. They need to give different rewards for different paths, though. The blanket nerf hurt too much, but was needed for CoF :P

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

Why do people think devs want dungeons to stay empty? That just sounds crazy. The rewards nerf was needed for SOME paths of dungeons. They need to give different rewards for different paths, though. The blanket nerf hurt too much, but was needed for CoF :P

anet specifically told us, they don’t want players running dungeons. There was no ambiguity. They directly said it.

RubberDougie.2750

anet specifically told us, they don’t want players running dungeons. There was no ambiguity. They directly said it.

That sounds farfetched or taken out of context. Source?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Anet is probably too sick of people complaining about dungeon (monster skipping, stacking) etc… they tell people to do fractal instead.

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

The blanket nerf hurt too much, but was needed for CoF :P

Lol, in your dreams….
CoF was certainly not the main issue for them dungeons got a nerf.

They abandoned dungeons due to two main reasons:
1. Their focus is on fractals and raids now when thinking of group content.
2. After firing the dungeon dev team a long time ago it became impossible to bugfix dungeons properly.

The first statement was directly made by them. The second is an assumption I made after realizing that not a little number of dungeon bugs needed a huge period of time to be fixed or are still existing compared to almost every other bug in the open world.

You can open as many forum threads as you want, they won’t turn back on dungeons ever again as long as there aren’t gamebreaking bugs that need to disappear and are simultaneously linked between open world and dungeon content.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

(edited by Vinceman.4572)

Posted by: Envy.1748

Envy.1748

That sounds farfetched or taken out of context. Source?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Economy-Questions-Repost/first#post5602939

What happens in fractals, stays in fractals.

RubberDougie.2750

That is still no reason to not balance dungeon rewards per-path.

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

Actually if u have dungeon recipes u can still make a lot of money running dungeons.

Everyone basically ignored the only reasonable post in this thread.

The short dungeons are still WAY worth it.
CM: if everyone knows what they are doing.
TA: Forward, Up
SE: 1, 3
CoF:1, (3 if people know how)
Arah: 2 (1, 3 if people know how)

IF you have a recipe for any of the above dungeons you WILL make a pretty penny from converting tokens into jewelry. Dungeon rewards aren’t broken so stop trying to suggest “fixes”. This is the new normal.

If you really want gold, flax farm gg.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Everyone basically ignored the only reasonable post in this thread.

The short dungeons are still WAY worth it.
CM: if everyone knows what they are doing.
TA: Forward, Up
SE: 1, 3
CoF:1, (3 if people know how)
Arah: 2 (1, 3 if people know how)

IF you have a recipe for any of the above dungeons you WILL make a pretty penny from converting tokens into jewelry. Dungeon rewards aren’t broken so stop trying to suggest “fixes”. This is the new normal.

If you really want gold, flax farm gg.

The problem in your post is the word “IF”. And nowadays pugging dungeon is a pain because there are less decent people running dungeons than before and almost every run consists of a player that has to be taught plus you are spending so much time to explain if you want to. I’d rather run with buddies from before but they decline running dungeons or rather stopped playing GW2 at all after 4 weeks of HoT.
After all no big deal for me but it’s a little bit sad that it had to come to this point.

That is still no reason to not balance dungeon rewards per-path.

They haven’t done before (for example comparing AC 1.5g vs. CoE 1g) and they won’t in the future as we stated above.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.