Efficiency in skipping. Ranger Edition

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ariete.6509

Ariete.6509

I’m talking about skipping trash mobs in dungeon.

At first i was keen on the thought that the pure game was about clearing paths and playing the game for the game itself, yes sometimes the reward outwheighs the fun in gameplay, something i try not to do.

That was until i reached Arah Exp, specially ooze boss in path 1. After killing that boss, some oozes left deal such an over the top OP aoe damage that the design has to be to challenge players to skip.

TLDR: I have little to no trouble skipping stuff on my guardian (ocasional fails), but when it comes to ranger, it seems i lack the tools to do it

I tend to circle around Dodging of course, greatsword skill #4 for the prolonged block, Warhorn #5, signet of the hunt for the 25% speed increase and Rampage as One for the stability.

Unfortunately this isn’t enough, i tend to try and toy around with Muddy Terrain, Frost Trap, Spike Trap, Protect Me (currently not traited into Marmanship so no signet of stone) and Lightning Reflexes.

Although i’m still severly kitten when it comes to skipping. I either ferry with somebody in front of me, or just get downright lucky.

Thanks for any helpfull insight fellow rangers.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I didn’t play ranger for long but with greatsword #3, #4, swiftness and stability skipping was very easy.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Ariete.6509

Ariete.6509

guess is a l2play issue then. i’ll practice alone for a bit, till i get confortable timing skills…

Posted by: Tierra.8615

Tierra.8615

It all comes down to timing your dodges correctly, if you dodge the correct attacks (freeze, cripple, root) you will get through no problem whatsoever. I see it all the time when newer players either waste their dodges or don’t use them at all. Keep practicing and learn the mobs patterns/animations. Eventually skipping will become second nature to you.

Every class has the necessary skipping tools provided for them.

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

Its been a while but I remember when I didn’t want to change out for GS I would turn around, use Sbow 3, Lightning reflexes, Sword 2 then flip back around and Sword 2 again.

At the risk of sounding like a tool, I think it is just a L2p issue especially when just a speed buff and 2 dodges should be enough to get you past the ooze Aoe. Not to mention your still on a ranger, anyone playing a ranger in dungeons is still obviously in a L2p situation

[Ark]Noober

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

As Tierra said it’s all about the dodges and proper positioning, meaning you don’t walk on top of the mobs. Stability also helps, and as far as I know all classes have access to them (could be wrong). You also don’t just run, you turn your camera and look for incoming attacks/who’s following you etc.

I was doing Arah, and it was so frustrating that PuGs cannot do a simple trash skipping. They told me we should kill everything lol.

Posted by: Dutch Master.7208

Dutch Master.7208

Not to mention your still on a ranger, anyone playing a ranger in dungeons is still obviously in a L2p situation

this is unhelpful advice and just plain wrong.
go back to your zerker warrior and stay in CoF1 speedrun groups please.

The best advice I can give for rangers who are trying to skip mobs is turn off “autotarget assist” or whatever its called and then use greatsword 3 (swoop) to get past groups of mobs .
Keep your pet on passive.
Also use warhorn speed and rampage as one.

p.s. I hate skipping and I think it ruins the game.
oh no my time spent doesnt equal the loot rewards~
people who think like this don’t actually enjoy playing GW2

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

Not to mention your still on a ranger, anyone playing a ranger in dungeons is still obviously in a L2p situation

this is unhelpful advice and just plain wrong.
go back to your zerker warrior and stay in CoF1 speedrun groups please.

The best advice I can give for rangers who are trying to skip mobs is turn off “autotarget assist” or whatever its called and then use greatsword 3 (swoop) to get past groups of mobs .
Keep your pet on passive.
Also use warhorn speed and rampage as one.

Firstly I don’t “Cof p1 farm” spending hours doing the same thing over and over for fake money doesn’t appeal to me.

Secondly I gave the guy some advice, some good advice. Thirdly this isn’t a thread that was asking you for what you enjoy doing, some people like skipping who are you to say otherwise?

[Ark]Noober

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

I have this guild set up for 10 days and only 10 souls signed up (1 signed up just to support me). Man, based on the complains around here, I thought KAT guild members should be in hundreds by now.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Killing-All-Things-Guild-KAT/first#post2175597

Maybe you guys just hate it enough to spit it on the forum but not hate it enough to look for the like minded individuals?

BTW, our Arah guild had like 50s in the 1st couple days of origination.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Trait for markmanship’s grand master Signet of BeastMaster, and load up SoS & SotW for stability & invulnerable. With RaO, GW3,4 & SotH, (and axe & war horn #5), you have everything you need for skipping w/ even the toughest mobs in a solo skipping (Arah p2 last mobs before Brie in my opinion).

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

It’s a little more difficult than other classes but still do-able. Greatsword is your friend because of the blocks and leap.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|