Effort into raids while fractals wither.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Q:

When the raid first came out , i was excited. Having been a big Raider in WOW, I expected somethign different from GW2. But unless you have a serious raiding guild or a group of raiding friends, getting in one, let alone completing it is not taken for granted.

Now we have the situation where if you don’t have “The Eternal”, pugs won’t take u, never mind if you are full vipers or ascended zerk whatever. So now with the second wing coming, those that couldn’t get the first one done are falling even more behind. Even WOW in it’s Heady gearscore and dps meter days was never this exclusive.

I read that literally only 10% of the player base has done the raid. So why is it already taking priority over fractals when fractals have had NOTHING since that asuran fractal which NO one ever does unless it lands on a daily?

I find their priorities quite startling. It’s the same with legendaries. We have 3 Legendaries yet then can knock out entire different weapon sets for the gem store on a fortnightly basis? Whats the difference with a legendary except a few more animations and effects??

Anyways, I know where I’ll be on the 8th of March and it won;t be GW2 raid..The Division. What a stunning coincidence their 2nd wing lands on this date…not.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

As much as I agree that fractals have gotten jack for a long long long time and HoT only made it worse, it’s not really fair to blame the raid team for that.

You wouldn’t blame the raid team for the lack of WvW updates either, it just makes no sense.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

It is beyond me why they went the raid route. Yes, challenging content was needed, but I think that hard mode dungeons like in GW1 would have been better received by the player base.

One could say that fractals are meant to be the hard mode dungeons of GW2 but they’re incredibly boring content IMO and the kittenty instabilities only make it worse.

My conservative estimate: 85% of the player base has not even touched the raid content.

Posted by: LegACy.1296

LegACy.1296

I read that literally only 10% of the player base has done the raid. So why is it already taking priority over fractals when fractals have had NOTHING since that asuran fractal which NO one ever does unless it lands on a daily?

I think you answered the question yourself.

Because raid is the very first time that ArenaNet introduced a new group instanced content that people actually love and willing to repeat. Whenever ArenaNet introduced a group instanced content, people only run them when they’re new. Be it the Thaumanova fractal or Aetherpath. Raid is the exception so far. And oh, the Legendary Armor is also locked behind them I guess (whereas the fractal backpiece was locked behind the leaderboard, not new fractal content)

And only 10% playerbase has done raid? Well, according to you, there would be 0% of the playerbase that will do the new fractal if it’s not on daily

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

It is beyond me why they went the raid route. Yes, challenging content was needed, but I think that hard mode dungeons like in GW1 would have been better received by the player base.

Players that favor the GW brand are already hooked. Where else can they go? Raids, on the other hand, had the potential to retain players who favor other MMO styles and possibly attract more of same.

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

Without raids there is nothing to push pve players into getting better. Since raids the quality of pugs has generally increased I think

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

The idea that to have fotm or istance fixed anet has to gave up on raid is something weird.

If you take any mmo btp expansion, from wow to any other mmo, from pve side in the xpac you usually have:

1- new class\classes
2- new level cap
3- new world map
4- new gear\tier of gear
5- new specialization\skill\trait
6- new raid
7- new dungeons
8- revamp of older istance and\or new game mode to adapt them to new level cap\specialization

In hot we had:

1- rev —> ok
2- mastery as new level cap —> ok
3- vb, ab, td, ds —> ok
4- 4 new armor skin, 3 legendarie and some new stat —> fail, really too few for an xpac
5- spec —> ok
6- spirit vale —> ok
7- no new istance —> fail
8- no revamp of istance just a weird easy change to fotm —>fail

If you check point by point, comparing hot to other mmo xpac you’ll get the huge problem of this is xpac (pve side) is the lack of content its offering not the raid itself.

Now if you take off raid to have fotm fix, hot will still lack content, you will just move the problem and not solve it.

In fact it’s not a case that on last earning report ncsoft said hot “sold less than expected” and that ncsoft will “monitorate game update” or something like that…

I hope on future game update anet will act according

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I think you answered the question yourself.

Because raid is the very first time that ArenaNet introduced a new group instanced content that people actually love and willing to repeat.

That’s because the new group instanced content you’re refering to was badly designed. And because Raids are still in the honeymoon phase. Besides, that’s not even really true (see below).

Whenever ArenaNet introduced a group instanced content, people only run them when they’re new. Be it the Thaumanova fractal or Aetherpath. Raid is the exception so far.

Untrue. Fractals are still more popular than Raids, and they were introduced over 3 years ago. And both are still less popular than dungeons were until Anet decided to kill them. And Raids are still new, so don’t be so sure they won’t end up with the Aetherpath popularity a year from now.

And only 10% playerbase has done raid? Well, according to you, there would be 0% of the playerbase that will do the new fractal if it’s not on daily

I’m 100% certain that way more people have done any single fractal instance (even the less popular ones) than Raids.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

There is a fractals team distinct from the raids team and fractals will be getting updates this year, including leaderboards, Ad Infinitum, and new fractals. They’re actively working on stuff now, they’re just not as communicative on the forums as the raid team so it doesn’t seem that way.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Make your own raid group, boom. Suddenly you have people to raid with, are able to learn the encounters and master them.

I still agree that I’d like to see more frequent fractal love.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Dungeons are dead.
Fractals are the new dungeons.
And Raids are the new Fractals.

So don’t expect much work on fractals. Also, the Next Big Thing will bump fractals to dead status, so the best you can hope for is for that to come later rather than sooner.

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Doing majority of fresh content only for 5-10% of pve population is a very bad idea. Blizzard learned that lesson pretty well, but for some reason Anet want to learn it again on their own.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

If they can’t do the content it is entirely their fault, either for not getting people together for a raid, not joining a raid group/guild or just not being good enough, all of which can be changed.

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

It’s not always that people want to but can’t. Some people (a lot I think actually) aren’t interested in raiding. They are looking for some middle ground between open world and raiding. For myself, I don’t enjoy raiding very often simply because being in a large group is overwhelming to me, and is something I avoid irl and in game. Fractal selling was ideal for my daily routine because I could do it with one or two friends and just chill and feel comfortable – but there was skill and teamwork involved unlike openworld zerging or press-f-on-tree farming.

To suggest that people who are frustrated with the state of fractals should just “get gud” and raid instead I think is a little misguided. That said, we know new fractals are being developed, and it seems that the devs working on it are choosing not to engage with the community like the raid team is – so there’s really nothing we can say that will change anything or make new fractals come faster.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Doing majority of fresh content only for 5-10% of pve population is a very bad idea. Blizzard learned that lesson pretty well, but for some reason Anet want to learn it again on their own.

So they should only make content for Open world and PvP then right and nothing else?

Also, the majority of fresh content are raid? So far we have 1,5h our content each week, that’s not the majority of content.

And finally, don’t pull numbers out of you kitten. You have absolutely no idea what is the percentage of people playing in raid. No freaking clues. We all know it’s not the majority but it could be anywhere between 1% and 40%. For example, in my guild we have 15% of the players who raid on a regular basis and about 20% who raid from time to time. About about 25% of them raid at least once or twice. My guild have 500 players. I’m not saying that it’s the number for the whole population, but i’m giving number that I know of, not numbers from my imagination.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

It’s not always that people want to but can’t. Some people (a lot I think actually) aren’t interested in raiding. They are looking for some middle ground between open world and raiding. For myself, I don’t enjoy raiding very often simply because being in a large group is overwhelming to me, and is something I avoid irl and in game. Fractal selling was ideal for my daily routine because I could do it with one or two friends and just chill and feel comfortable – but there was skill and teamwork involved unlike openworld zerging or press-f-on-tree farming.

To suggest that people who are frustrated with the state of fractals should just “get gud” and raid instead I think is a little misguided. That said, we know new fractals are being developed, and it seems that the devs working on it are choosing not to engage with the community like the raid team is – so there’s really nothing we can say that will change anything or make new fractals come faster.

Ya and it’s ok. I mean, I hate, I mean completely hate the new PvP mode. I just can’t stand it, so I don’t play it. But my guild leader love it. I’m not going in the forum saying HOLY CRAP ANET. Why do you put time into this new mode, while not give us new maps for conquest or stuff like that. No. I accept that different people prefer different style of game and that the game isn’t designed around me. There will put resources on stuff that I don’t want to play, but also on game modes that I do like.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD