Ele as raid healer?

Ele as raid healer?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Memories Lost.7634

Memories Lost.7634

I’ve been trying to open up the number of builds that I can bring to my raiding group and have heard some good things about a healer ele, but before I make the gear for it I have some questions.

How does ele compare to druid for healing? Is an ele about equal or does druid completely outshine an ele in this role?

If I were to make gear for this would the effectiveness difference between zealots and magi’s be worth the extra cost of a zealots set?

Is going full ascended healer worth it over exotics? Especially considering the massive price difference?

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Ele as raid healer?

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Ascended over exotic is going to be a tiny difference, your heals will be a dozen higher, if you need something functional a quick exotic set works fine.

The big reason druids are brought over eles is because they have gotl, frost spirit, spotter and empowerment glyph, so they can provide a similar heal role as well as buffs. Some people say ele has better heals, some say druid, I have no idea, but I’ve seen both work in successful kills on all the bosses, so, ya.

If you’re going for a d/? aura healer, zealots is pretty good because you can create auras every 10secs or so by finishing air overload which also happens to be strong damage(if you have fresh air). If you’re going staff and throwing out healing projectiles zealots probably won’t be a big boost, likewise druid going from magi/cleric → zealot isn’t a big boost, though it is more damage no matter what if you’re looking for the optimal healing focused set(zerk or condi not included).

Ele as raid healer?

Posted by: Memories Lost.7634

Memories Lost.7634

What I had in mind was dagger/warhorn fresh air to spam overloads for the shocking aura + dps, using zealots armor/weapons and zerk trinkets to maintain some dps. Tho it’s a good point about druid bringing both buffs and heals, which is something ele can’t exactly do.

Ele as raid healer?

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

Ele better heal.. but druid …dat party damage boost is nice

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

Ele as raid healer?

Posted by: Velho.7123

Velho.7123

While Tempest sacrifices some damage for healing, while still small, is a bigger hit than a Druid that has on Grace of the Land a really good excuse to heal people, and if needed Celestial Avatar along with Staff and Glyphs lets them top people off quickly while still giving valuable offensive support.

tl;dr: Druid has really good excuses for healing.

Matt [LOD]
Guardian main since launch

Ele as raid healer?

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

healer tempest is easier to use than druid

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Ele as raid healer?

Posted by: Stajan.4581

Stajan.4581

Druid sucks it is that simple they made a monk out of a ranger and they never should have done that. Every class except ranger and guardian has their specialization that fits the class. Has anyone else looked at this and seen that they all fit.

DD can evade like made and stealth
Chronos are time manipulators from hell
Scrapper has little robots that protect him and make him harder then hell to kill
Bersker more adrenaline more damage
Tempest elemental powers activate
Rev hearld a dragon spirit yes please
Necro reaper umm death come to life

Ranger you turn into a monk from the stars ( What )
Dragon Hunter ( OK class is good but you put it on a class that heals ummmm can anyone say druid here would be good)

The dragon hunter and the druid should have been switched the ranger should have had the dps traps to compliment the coni traps he has to give him an over all balance between the 2

the guardian with heavy armor and strong heals could have been even stronger with heals from the heavens and would have balanced nice with them

so do not play the druid play the tempest and use the heals from there boy cot the druid and the DH which no one will do because it is OP in its own right but if the druid is boycotted maybe just maybe anet will come up with something better and bring it is like a beastmaster where your pet becomes stronger or you get 2 pets for a short period of time a side from the hyena calling in back up

Ele as raid healer?

Posted by: Rhyav.4812

Rhyav.4812

Druid sucks it is that simple they made a monk out of a ranger and they never should have done that.

So a profession based on using a wild creature as a companion, has a lot of abilities related to spirits synergy with nature has nothing to do with a Druid, a shaman that lives in a forest, makes rituals and communicates with those same nature spirits? K m8.

I don’t have a Guardian/DH so I don’t know about that.

Ele as raid healer?

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

The general consensus is that Druid is taken for her combination of buffs/boons + heals. The obstacle with Druid is that her bigger heals are locked behind CAF vs a Tempest who’s mostly at the mercy of CD’s.

I’ve even seen great results and smooth runs from a Ventari healer, but it just feels like there’s a lot being lost in party buffing from not taking Druid.

Ele as raid healer?

Stajan.4581

And again I say this DRUID SUCKS the only good thing is the speed buff, everything else you could have gotten with a ranger including the healing. Healing spring is a fantastic skill and crated a water field for mass healing. plus if you took the healing runes and all those goodies you would be doing just as much healing as the druid minus the auto attack crap which is just stupid.

Anet did this wrong. Not saying that the druid is not like the shamen speaking to nature of course that is what they did but rangers are trappers it is what the excelled in and all classes except DH and druid focused on what they were good at in some form or the other.

Play a druid for the speed buff alone and nothing else the rest is crap

Ele as raid healer?

Posted by: DoogySnowStalker.2069

DoogySnowStalker.2069

And again I say this DRUID SUCKS the only good thing is the speed buff, everything else you could have gotten with a ranger including the healing. Healing spring is a fantastic skill and crated a water field for mass healing. plus if you took the healing runes and all those goodies you would be doing just as much healing as the druid minus the auto attack crap which is just stupid.

Anet did this wrong. Not saying that the druid is not like the shamen speaking to nature of course that is what they did but rangers are trappers it is what the excelled in and all classes except DH and druid focused on what they were good at in some form or the other.

Play a druid for the speed buff alone and nothing else the rest is crap

Jeez you are speaking so much out off your kitten , lol. Druid is able to buff group damage by a total of 40% damage through their group support: Glyph of Empowerment 10% damage bonus; Grace of the Land 15% damage boost to both direct and condi damage; Frost Spirit 10% damage boost; Spotter 150 group precision; and Sun Spirit to help increase sustained DPS for both direct and condi classes with the additional burning damage. Just because you aren’t satified with Druid as an elite spec doesn’t mean you should be going around saying it is worthless when it is the best group support class in the game at the moment.

Ele is an easier class to heal due to their healing not being gated mainly behind astral energy, but the amount of group support that Druid brings is waht also gives it an edge over ele for their sustained healing.

Is a Warrior just a pet without a Ranger?

(edited by DoogySnowStalker.2069)

Ele as raid healer?

SlyDevil.3952

Ele is an easier class to heal due to their healing not being gated mainly behind astral energy, but the amount of group support that Druid brings is waht also gives it an edge over ele for their sustained healing.

Idk, quickdrawing ancestral grace is pretty sick heals, especially if you put down a healing spring, which also gives permanent regen(75% astral force regened by the time the cd comes off). CA cd is the only thing that can gate druid heals, and you can just slot glyphs out the kitten and spam them for burst heals and gotl buffs while waiting on CA.

Ele as raid healer?

Posted by: Blue Hare.8612

Blue Hare.8612

Jeez you are speaking so much out off your kitten , lol. Druid is able to buff group damage by a total of 40% damage through their group support: Glyph of Empowerment 10% damage bonus; Grace of the Land 15% damage boost to both direct and condi damage; Frost Spirit 10% damage boost; Spotter 150 group precision; and Sun Spirit to help increase sustained DPS for both direct and condi classes with the additional burning damage.

Actually it is around 25% boost to sustained group damage. Here is some calculations I just made:

Glyph of Empowerment + Verdant Etching:
(6s/16s) x 10 % + (8s/16s) x 3% = 5.25%

Spotter:
7% x (100 – crit damage) = 7% (with 200% crit)

Grace of the Land:
(8s/10s) x (5 × 3%) =12%

Frost Spirit:
0.75 × 10% = 7.5%

Total:
5.25 + 7 + 12 + 7.5 = 31.75%

This would be with a perfect rotation and you need to have full astral force every 10 seconds. Also if you have condition builds in party they don’t really benefit from spotter that much. So realistically you would get something around 25% boost. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, not really good with numbers.

And I can’t really see the benefit of using Sun Spirit. With condi spec the procs hit about 3000 dmg and has a icd of 8 seconds, so that is 3000/8s = 375 dps for a condibuild. Power builds benefit even less. Is Sun Spirit really this crappy or am’I missing something?

{Lepus Timidus}

Ele as raid healer?

DoogySnowStalker.2069

Actually it is around 25% boost to sustained group damage. Here is some calculations I just made:

Glyph of Empowerment + Verdant Etching:
(6s/16s) x 10 % + (8s/16s) x 3% = 5.25%

Spotter:
7% x (100 – crit damage) = 7% (with 200% crit)

Grace of the Land:
(8s/10s) x (5 × 3%) =12%

Frost Spirit:
0.75 × 10% = 7.5%

Total:
5.25 + 7 + 12 + 7.5 = 31.75%

This would be with a perfect rotation and you need to have full astral force every 10 seconds. Also if you have condition builds in party they don’t really benefit from spotter that much. So realistically you would get something around 25% boost. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, not really good with numbers.

This is true, but I said 40% as at total since that is the max amount we could achieve in a moment if rng was on your side. I should of been more clear on the min and max amount we could provide.

And I can’t really see the benefit of using Sun Spirit. With condi spec the procs hit about 3000 dmg and has a icd of 8 seconds, so that is 3000/8s = 375 dps for a condibuild. Power builds benefit even less. Is Sun Spirit really this crappy or am’I missing something?

Sun Spirit is better for sustain DPS since most condi classes either capitalize or have some access to burning, so the extra burning procs would increase the damage they are doing through burning due to the damage formula receiving more burning stacks. Even if the other people benefiting from Sun Spirit buff are Power builds instead of condi, they are receiving more sustain DPS through the extra damage they are applying due to how long the encounters are for raids. For short lived encounters like dungeons and fractals, that would be debatable if it were a bonus to a group or not, again it depends on how long the encounter is that would determine the total damage it could add to the group.

Ele as raid healer?

DoogySnowStalker.2069

Idk, quickdrawing ancestral grace is pretty sick heals, especially if you put down a healing spring, which also gives permanent regen(75% astral force regened by the time the cd comes off). CA cd is the only thing that can gate druid heals, and you can just slot glyphs out the kitten and spam them for burst heals and gotl buffs while waiting on CA.

Quick Draw is very nice to make up for our lack of sustain healing, so it makes Druids more of a burst healer in comparison to Ele that has easier access to their heals than us. I do love healing spring, charges astral energy quick, while giving everyone usually 300-400 regen ticks, depending on how much outgoing healing I have on at the moment.

Ele as raid healer?

Stajan.4581

ok here it is you love the druid for its group support the only thing the ranger dose not have it the glyph who cares, it is a mear 10% so a extra 100 on 1000 damge o boy.

the fact that they went and made the ranger into the new version of the monk and killed the class that could have been so much more is the issue I have with druid. the fact that because they did not focus on the ranger skills like every other class except guardian is an issue. But you guys just do not see that, since guardian has traps now trapper rangers do not exisit any more they are guardians, and healing druids are boring as hell to play drop this drop that hit this not wait heal heal heal heal heal drop drop drop, druid is a bore a snooze fest. and even the condi druid is poor and sucks as I have tried it.

the over all rating for druid -500,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 to the power of infinity.

take druid out make the rangers normal rangers again and let someone else do the healing crap like the guardian should have been in the first place.

Ele as raid healer?

DoogySnowStalker.2069

ok here it is you love the druid for its group support the only thing the ranger dose not have it the glyph who cares, it is a mear 10% so a extra 100 on 1000 damge o boy.

the fact that they went and made the ranger into the new version of the monk and killed the class that could have been so much more is the issue I have with druid. the fact that because they did not focus on the ranger skills like every other class except guardian is an issue. But you guys just do not see that, since guardian has traps now trapper rangers do not exisit any more they are guardians, and healing druids are boring as hell to play drop this drop that hit this not wait heal heal heal heal heal drop drop drop, druid is a bore a snooze fest. and even the condi druid is poor and sucks as I have tried it.

the over all rating for druid -500,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 to the power of infinity.

take druid out make the rangers normal rangers again and let someone else do the healing crap like the guardian should have been in the first place.

I didn’t enjoy Druid at first, since it was nothing but a heal bot, but the amount of support they give to a group is what gives the opportunity to classified as meta among the game types. Damage wise, they ahve the ability to boost a groups DPS by 25-40%, so in long termed fights such as raids, this is where this amount of consistent buffing is better regarded; Vale Guardian has 22 million health for example, so over the course of the fight, a group could do a total that amount of damage with druid buffing the group to do rougly an addtional 3,300,000-6,300,000 of the total health of vale guardian. In short lived encounters, the buffs don’t play as such a large role; although, in cases with these giant damage sponges, the consistent buffing done takes out a large potion of the total health.

To be honest as well, if we weren’t given a heal bot, I would not imagine wahtever elite spec they would make instead being desirable in any situation besides ‘I want to play the class I want to play’. Since we were forced into the healer role, with the group buffs given through it, we hav a place among game modes since we are actually valued as an asset to the group.

Ele as raid healer?

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

Grace of the Land:
(8s/10s) x (5 × 3%) =12%

are you really hitting 5 skills every 10 seconds?
It does take time to use skills, jn addition to the form having a cooldown.
I don’t play druid, but an 80% uptime on grace of the land seems very unrealistic.

Ele as raid healer?

Posted by: Blue Hare.8612

Blue Hare.8612

Grace of the Land:
(8s/10s) x (5 × 3%) =12%

are you really hitting 5 skills every 10 seconds?
It does take time to use skills, jn addition to the form having a cooldown.
I don’t play druid, but an 80% uptime on grace of the land seems very unrealistic.

Only one skill is needed to get 5 stacks of Grace

Rejuvenating Tides:

Gather tidal force to rapidly heal nearby allies.
Healing Healing: 810 (0.35)
Number of Targets: 5
Pulses: 5
Radius: 240
Combo Combo Field: Water

Takes 2.75s to channel so not too long.

{Lepus Timidus}

(edited by Blue Hare.8612)

Ele as raid healer?

SlyDevil.3952

The channel isn’t even an issue, even if 1 stack is applied 3seconds after another, you’ve still gained the benefit of a 3% boost for 8 seconds. The only issue that comes into play is when it gets rotational, in which case you have to account for which 80% of your rotation has gotl, is it all of your big skills? or a bunch of autos(lel, thief)?

Condi druid is pretty good, I’d assume you just played it badly if you didn’t find it useful in certain circumstances.

10/10 description on healing there too. Drop this, drop that, you realize all classes press buttons to use their skills, even if guardians were instead putting out better heals?

Ele as raid healer?

Stajan.4581

No condi druid is not good and no I did not play it wrong. When anet made the druid they killed everything that was good about the ranger and replaced it with what is a glorified monk.

The condi druid can not do anywhere neer what my ranger could with condiis, when you have 10K burns ppoing off and 7K bleeds then there is an issue when it is suppose tto be better to take the specialization and your damage goes in the mystic toilet.

I worlded on this a lot and spent way to much gold on it and I can tell you this DRUID is the worst creation in any game I have ever played. They would be better off deleting it and starting over and making something that complimented the ranger and what he ranger was able to do.

They could have given the ranger double daggers and made it more mobile, they could have given it a rifle and made it a stealth hunter, they could have given it shield and made it more tanky,

the skills could have effected the pets more or had different type traps like the DH got aso you can do both dps and condi, and you skil could have hade the glyph in there to help with the dps they made a bad build with the druild and it is that simple.

With a warhorn a hound and healing spring the ranger has crazy aoe heals where it dose not have to me tethered to anyone to make it good or be in the perfect position and they can still do high damage out put.

so you see druid really dose suck and once ppl stop using them anet will make the changes that they should have made in the first place.

Ele as raid healer?

DoogySnowStalker.2069

No condi druid is not good and no I did not play it wrong. When anet made the druid they killed everything that was good about the ranger and replaced it with what is a glorified monk.

The condi druid can not do anywhere neer what my ranger could with condiis, when you have 10K burns ppoing off and 7K bleeds then there is an issue when it is suppose tto be better to take the specialization and your damage goes in the mystic toilet.

I worlded on this a lot and spent way to much gold on it and I can tell you this DRUID is the worst creation in any game I have ever played. They would be better off deleting it and starting over and making something that complimented the ranger and what he ranger was able to do.

They could have given the ranger double daggers and made it more mobile, they could have given it a rifle and made it a stealth hunter, they could have given it shield and made it more tanky,

the skills could have effected the pets more or had different type traps like the DH got aso you can do both dps and condi, and you skil could have hade the glyph in there to help with the dps they made a bad build with the druild and it is that simple.

With a warhorn a hound and healing spring the ranger has crazy aoe heals where it dose not have to me tethered to anyone to make it good or be in the perfect position and they can still do high damage out put.

so you see druid really dose suck and once ppl stop using them anet will make the changes that they should have made in the first place.

Can confirm now, that either this person is trolling, or cry so much to the point that he will disregard Druid for what it is since it wasn’t the Elite Specialization that he wanted it to be, despite how much a Druid can actually bring to a group.

It really isn’t much of a DPS loss to take Druid over Beast Mastery in the first place. I’ve managed 13.7k burns with 6k bleeds, and why is that? Because of the 15% direct/condi damage through Grace of the Land. You sacrifice a portion of your DPS, that is tied to the pet, to boost your group’s DPS to benefit even more than what you could output yourself. The pet is supposed to be 30% of your DPS, but in reality it isn’t near that number sadly, so saying that it isn’t worth taking is just you crying.

(edited by DoogySnowStalker.2069)