Ele vs scepter guard dps?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

Does scepter/torch sword/torch guard has dps like ele? If yes, then is there any reason to bring ele at all? bcoz guard has better utility (cc, niche skills e.g. SyG, WoR, Purging flames, heal, pull, block)

Posted by: Gibon.1705

Gibon.1705

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

SyG,WoR? not familiar with guard all that much so these dont ring a bell

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

SyG,WoR? not familiar with guard all that much so these dont ring a bell

Stand Your Ground, Wall of Reflection.
Anyway, Gibon already answered OP: No, guard does not have DPS like ele.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Gibon.1705

Well it also depends if ele is using staff as it shoud, or FA dagger which is comparable to guard

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

:O

So does that mean that I can finally gear up my druid for condi dmg without being a drawback compared to necros and engies?

enthusiastic noob

Gibon.1705

Well not druid but ranger. Big difference. and only for stationary targets such as gorse, sabetha and KC.
Condi ranger will not work that well for sloth, vg, matthias

EDIT:Actually now i think about it it might work on sloth as its pretty easy to flank him. And might be tricky for sabetha as you want to stack with group. But I have personally never tried condi ranger and my guild only uses it sometimes on gors

(edited by Gibon.1705)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

So does that mean that I can finally gear up my druid for condi dmg without being a drawback compared to necros and engies?

Remember that these are the dps golem tests, so, in case of necro, do not include the huge dps boost from epidemic.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Gibon.1705

Remember that these are the dps golem tests, so, in case of necro, do not include the huge dps boost from epidemic.

Also runes of thorns dont stack at dps golem and you don’t have more than 5 minions (at raid you usually have more 8-13)

zealex.9410

guard dps is better for small hitboxes but for big hit boxes ely is better.

Posted by: Fancypants.9705

Fancypants.9705

Ele also generates group might better then guard.

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Well not druid but ranger. Big difference. and only for stationary targets such as gorse, sabetha and KC.
Condi ranger will not work that well for sloth, vg, matthias

EDIT:Actually now i think about it it might work on sloth as its pretty easy to flank him. And might be tricky for sabetha as you want to stack with group. But I have personally never tried condi ranger and my guild only uses it sometimes on gors

It actually works decently well on matthias. I think subi has a PoV of that in case you’re interested.

Posted by: Eldar.5146

Eldar.5146

Tempest is better on both.

qT

zealex.9410

that not the case guard dps is higher in smaller hitboxes and he gives more buffs than ele might fury prot aegis and the on demand heal with f2 the only places to pick ele are big hitboxxes kc gorse and for rebound if you find your self in a bad spot

Posted by: Eldar.5146

Eldar.5146

that not the case guard dps is higher in smaller hitboxes and he gives more buffs than ele might fury prot aegis and the on demand heal with f2 the only places to pick ele are big hitboxxes kc gorse and for rebound if you find your self in a bad spot

Well dps tests show someting diffrent even on small targets. Yeah i dind’t say guard is useless. Prot and aegis can be useful on some bosses.

qT

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

Well dps tests show someting diffrent even on small targets. Yeah i dind’t say guard is useless. Prot and aegis can be useful on some bosses.

On top of that even d/w is basically the same dps on small as guard on large.

But guard rotation is much easier for someone not experienced at the classes, so as far as alts go I’d take a guard. I see way to many eles with trash rotations that inevitably lose dps. (or just make a theif, solid no risk dps)

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

To the OP: Ele, DH and daredevil are all topnotch dps atm. DH is a little bit behind those 2 classes when it comes to perfect golem rotations, but an ele loses dps more easily because the rotation is simply quite a bit more elaborate. On top of that it brings quite a bit more utility than daredevil and a high dmg ranged option which can be very significant depending on the situation (matthias for example).

So why bring eles over DH? Well since the balance is pretty good right now, it rly comes down to personal class preference.