Elitists, I'll honestly miss you !

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

lunyboy.8672:

What’s hilarious is all the people who “appreciate” your (dungeon elitists) help, guides and snarky comments would get kicked in less than 10 seconds from your runs without even a comment. So while I glean what I can from what you say in the forums, I can’t say having this group of people harass anyone who posts on this forum and isn’t on their level is a positive thing for the game overall.

You have no idea what you’re talking about. I personally dont pug, but plenty of people in my guild do, and I’m sure that is true for other dungeon guilds. Pugs RARELY get kicked, and they definitely don’t get kicked solely for being inexperienced.

To my mind you get kicked when you have a bad attitude. Don’t know the strats but willing to listen? Great! Don’t know the strats but tell us that we suck or we’re doing it wrong! Not so great! Bad build? Annoying but whatever so long as you know what youre doing. Bad build but act like a bigger elitist than people on this forum are accused of being? Not so great!

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: MHo.1056

MHo.1056

this thread makes me wanna go in pug groups and teach everybody though i doubt that would be received well ^^
anyway thx for reminding me of the people who aren’t kittens and actually appreciate advice.

You think it’s gonna be all rainbows and lollipops.

You pop on in and enter the dungeon, you see a staff mesmer with corruption sigil who tells you he doesn’t have a focus.
’That’s ok, just take feedback please’
you tell him, a smile on your face. This guy is gonna learn something about reflects today! Oh it’s exciting!

The guardian loads in, sword shield. Well he’s halfway there isn’t he. Halfway to a decent weapon setup despite his life sigil and Strength in Numbers popping up to indicate he’s probably AH.

’Hey bud, do you have a focus instead of that shield?

‘What? No. And that reminds me, I only use this sword for roleplaying. Sorry for the inconvenience.’

He swaps it to a mace. Ok well, that’s only 2 players so far, lets see what we get next.

A longbow ranger enters the scene. He has a polar bear and an arctodus. He isn’t your typical brown bear guy. He’s special. Like a snowflake. How else do you know? His other set is axe/torch and he’s running traps. What do you even say at this point? How do you even.. Well. You remain calm and ask him if he has a sword. That’s a negative however.

And then *drumroll please *

The crème de la crème of warrior’s loads in. Full cleric’s, shoutheals and a rifle. He proceeds to rifle attack every mob from the backline.

‘Excuse me warrior, do you happen to have a melee weapon, perhaps an axe?’
You ask politely.

Oh you’ve done it now, all 4 of these players have been interrogated by you, the elitist scummy. Did you ever stop to think about how you made them feel? I don’t think so. Heartless.

The warrior keyboard turns all the way around to face you.

’I’ll have you know that rifle is the highest single target dps in the game.’
‘He asked me about my build too! He has no right!’ The ranger chimes in.
The Mesmer.. ‘He… he tried to make me use a focus’ *shudders *
‘kitten YOU’RE ALL RUINING MY IMMERSION!’ screams the guardian.

In unison they chant.
‘We, play. how. we. want!’ We play how we want! We play how we want!’

The ranger passes out torches to everyone and they chase you out of the dungeon. As you almost reach the exit you trip up on the ranger’s spike trap. You fall. A single tear peels down your face as you accept your fate. You end up carrying the entire team for an hour or so and soloing the end boss.

You describe my standard-pug in detail. Sad but true.

Although i´ve learned, that leaving and joining another party even in the second or third fractal can save you some time.

Also, i am not good enough to finish encounters solo.

@OP: Very well written! Like you, i also learned a lot of the so called “elitists”. I use the builds and gears described in nikes and brazils and whoevers builds. Otherwise i might be just another pug.

But its very hard to convince people of something that might work better. I dont even get it done in my guild. Guardians gear up with clerics and Eles try to be healer, sticking in water attunement.

What i really do like about the dungeon forums and its inhabitents is the irony and sarcasm used here. It saved many of my days.

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

First, I’m sorry. I thought this was a troll/rage topic about you leaving the game because of elitism

And I see your point, really liked it, and I hope ANet reads it as they claim to do. There’s no point on punishing hardcore players. They are players just like casual ones, right?
Sure, you can’t make everyone happy every time, but some decisions seem to be poorly made, as if a last-minute solution :/

Posted by: Anicetus.1253

Anicetus.1253

What’s hilarious is all the people who “appreciate” your (dungeon elitists) help, guides and snarky comments would get kicked in less than 10 seconds from your runs without even a comment.

You’re making wrong assumptions.

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

What’s hilarious is all the people who “appreciate” your (dungeon elitists) help, guides and snarky comments would get kicked in less than 10 seconds from your runs without even a comment.

And yet, thread-after-thread of people making light of kicking “bads” because they were the wrong profession, using the wrong weapons, had the wrong buffs, etc.

Once again, I am not pointing to you in particular, nor a few others who comment with helpful answers, just the general sense of this board.

The tower of nightmares is a metaphor for this place some days, and those Elite Red-names?

Guess who they are.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

And yet, thread-after-thread of people making light of kicking “bads” because they were the wrong profession, using the wrong weapons, had the wrong buffs, etc.

Once again, I am not pointing to you in particular, nor a few others who comment with helpful answers, just the general sense of this board.

The tower of nightmares is a metaphor for this place some days, and those Elite Red-names?

Guess who they are.

It’s strange that you would come here to an appreciation thread to flame us.

Seems a little ironic given that you say we’re the ones causing issues.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Posted by: Spiky Muffin.9180

Spiky Muffin.9180

Guess who they are.

there are of course players that dont allow certain classes. usually they are the “Exp only 5000 ap” that run in their clerics gear but still fail horribly and cant dodge grubs at lupi. but the op wasnt talking about those guys but about the actual good and friendly players, meaning most of the dungeon forum regulars

[rT]
Youtube"

Anicetus.1253

Guess who they are.

And i’m once again only seeing assumptions and assertions instead of actual quotes or references.

You might be talking about some minorities, which actually aren’t part of the so called “elitists” of this thread.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Being rude and kicking pugs have nothing to with the kind of elitist i am/we are.
The only kind of persons i screw up are kittens, as there sadly are plenty on the internet.

I wasn’t referring to you, specifically, Dub.

We don’t all play the way you (generally) want, therefore, we are “bads” or at the very least, mediocre… from your (the higher-level players) perspective.

What’s hilarious is all the people who “appreciate” your (dungeon elitists) help, guides and snarky comments would get kicked in less than 10 seconds from your runs without even a comment. So while I glean what I can from what you say in the forums, I can’t say having this group of people harass anyone who posts on this forum and isn’t on their level is a positive thing for the game overall.

Besides, it’s just a matter of time before the high-level players move on and another group will spring up with new meta (Cleric’s is baus, yo) and get bored with how good THEY are at the game.

It’s the circle of life…

Incorrect. The people who appreciate the posts made by the dungeon regulars will be running meta builds and will be interested in improving themselves, which is all we ask for. There’s nothing actually wrong with being bad, it’s being bad couples with a lack of interest in improving which is the problem, which is why we hate all of the scrub archetypes like bearbows, cleric guards, shout heal warriors and gs camping mesmers, because the people using them have a poor understanding of their class and the game itself, and in my case when I criticised a cleric guard in fractals they defend their builds like they’re actually good. Bringing things back round … I’m sure everyone here who has has interactions with grateful players can confirm they have no problem with them; I’ve been flattered by the mails I’ve received they’ve been that nice, and it makes you feel good because they’re trying to get better, and that’s all we ever wanted, not I play how I want BS.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

I’ve received nothing but kindness and help from the “elitists”.

I started last Halloween. Despite previously playing 2 console games competitively, this was my fist pc game and I was overwhelmed to say the least. I was a keyboard turner for probably 2 months. I joined a guild where everyone wore PVT armor, so I did the same thinking they must know what they’re talking about.

My guild hated dungeons. But dungeons were what I wanted to do. So when I finally talked them into doing dungeons with me, I found out why they hated them so much. We did AC exp and it was a nightmare. That’s when I started visiting this forum and saw basically the opposite of what my guild was preaching. I thought a full dps team couldn’t work for sure, but then I saw the DnT videos and was amazed. I was even more amazed when I first saw Weth’s lupi solo. I was surprised how everyone here openly shared their builds and strategies. So I adopted the builds and strategies and pugged, and pugged and pugged and improved. Then the first time obal taught me how to run Arah, it was awesome to see someone who knew how to play and wasn’t just pressing random skills as they came off cd whilst running around like a chicken with their head cut off (pretty much all pugs back in December).

Fast forward to today. I’m in 2 elite guilds, have solo’d lupi and I’m in a couple record runs. All thanks to the “elitists” in this forum, otherwise I’d still be running 30 minute AC’s and probably never do Arah.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I got infraction for calling someone elitist. Be careful!

Anicetus.1253

I got infraction for calling someone elitist. Be careful!

If someone reports this post you will be infracted for questioning forum moderation.

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

So, a little intervention on my part

My post wasn’t made to be cynical, it was only made so as to show everyone in the dungeon subforums that the people who are generally the victims of all the flaming are the ones who hold us dear in their hearts. They helped us so much that we need to at least say some thanks as some are thinking about leaving.

And as such I’ll add a note about other people I’d like to thank. So thanks to all the team from the Ascension Project, Sanderinoa, Zelyhn, TheKillerAngel and also to the contestants who showed true skill and gave us something to watch and learn from !

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

for me, there’s a HUGE difference between a really good player and an elitist.
don’t mix ’em up.

and what OP describes, are simply good players.

man, if i wouldn’t have watched strife’s arah p4 run, i’d still be in there enjoying the wipes.

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”

(edited by wauwi.9162)

Enaretos.8079

don’t mix ’em up.

This is why I used quotation marks for the word “elitists”. They are being referred to as this. I don’t even know who started the trend :/ To me they are caring community contributors.

My Twitch

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

don’t mix ’em up.

man, if i wouldn’t have watched strife’s arah p4 run, i’d still be in there enjoying the wipes.

This is where I stand, although I’m certainly not afraid to say that there’s definitely a mix of both within the pool of regulars in this subforum.

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

hmm if this helps at all, for the dungeon vets that go out there and try to help people, with good will, don’t take it upon yourself as a burden to change people and make the better. what you do is offer the tools and methods (which you’ve all so rightly done). it’s up to US, up to the PEOPLE, to make that choice if we want to improve. or at least try new things.

if people want to be helped, that’s awesome. don’t take that for granted. : )) not saying you guys do, but it’s just a reminder. if someone doesn’t want to be helped? well, only they can save themselves (and no, you don’t have to take their conditions from them, let them keep ’em). just know that every single person you WERE able to help, even if just one, will ALWAYS always always outweigh the ones who chose to turn down your help.

it’s unfortunate there are some that go as far as being hateful. just don’t let it get to you. i love what you guys do on here! (though i’ll be honest, sometimes, the trolling gets out of hand, for the unsuspecting or unknowing ; )) )

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Bravo! Bravo! What a masterpiece!
May I ask the name of this ingenious play?

I thought it was the 10th Circle of Hell in Dante’s Inferno.

DISCLAIMER: This is a joke, meant to be humorous and non-offensive while also complimenting the player’s prose. Hopefully I don’t get infracted for it. (Crosses fingers!)

(edited by Nokaru.7831)

swiftpaw.6397

Bravo! Bravo! What a masterpiece!
May I ask the name of this ingenious play?

I thought it was the 10th Circle of Hell in Dante’s Inferno.

DISCLAIMER: This is a joke, meant to be humorous and non-offensive while also complimenting the player’s prose. Hopefully I don’t get infracted for it. (Crosses fingers!)

I feel like I need a disclaimer in my forum signature these days XD

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Well, that’s a very touching story. I just want to say one thing:

IMO, there is a difference between ‘elitist jerks’ and ‘helpfull good players who make the game more enjoyable for you’.

The difference is that ‘elitist jerks’ are, simply said, jerks. Both want the same, which is helping/teaching new players how to properly do dungeons… But their langauge is alot different. The ‘elitist jerk’ will shove information down peoples’ throats, and if they dont listen, he will switch to a very aggressive and forcefull tone, which causes those new dungeoners to (rightfully) think they’re a jerk.

The second category of ‘elitist’, talks in a different tone. A differnet tone, but most of all, they dont shove information down your throat/force it on you.

Just like you, the OP, those 2nd category have become rolemodels for me. But other than you, the ‘elitist jerk’ category RUIN my GW2 experience. Even my forum eperience :/.

They add absolutely nothing to the community. All they do is rage and troll people, which has the opposite effect of what they actually want. Agressiveness makes people much less likely to listen, if not severely annoy them. Or in my case, ruin one’s experience.

That’s where I disagree with the OP: we don’t need jerks in the world.

Thats all :/.

“Urban Dictionary: Elitist (definition) ":http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=elitist

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

(edited by Alissah.9281)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

The funny thing is the the aggressive posts and insults usually come from those that we are trying to give information to first. Ive given really polite feedback before only to be completely insulted on a personal level just because the guy didnt like me or didnt agree with my mind set towards the game. I replied rather politely saying that was uncalled for and he reported me and got me infracted somehow. Some of the people who actively accuse “elitists” of being jerks are far more offensive and insulting and really should take a closer look at what they post. I tend to avoid reporting partly because stuff on the internet doesnt bother me but also because I prefer others to see how rude and deluded those people really are despite not being “elitists”.

spoj.9672

Yeah its pretty disgusting what some people reply with. Dont know any so called “elitists” who resort to such low insults. Ive seen a few lose their temper slightly and insult the odd person (myself included). But nothing quite so personal or even that offensive.

swiftpaw.6397

Yeah its pretty disgusting what some people reply with. Dont know any so called “elitists” who resort to such low insults. Ive seen a few lose their temper slightly and insult the odd person (myself included). But nothing quite so personal or even that offensive.

The problem is that while we look at the game from a logical perspective, cutting out our feelings in favor of reasoning and testing, those who oppose us are personally invested in their opinions. They take it as a personal affront on themselves if we disagree with what they believe. When they really should not.

Posted by: Strontius.6478

Strontius.6478

Yeah I totally agree with the OP. I really appreciate what you guys in the dungeon forum do for the community. For a few months after launch I was running with a pseudo-tank clerics meditation guardian thinking I was helping the team with aggro. Haha! It took a few failures in arah p4 for me to come here and seek information and improve. I was so inspired by the solo videos and guides here that I levelled a berserker warrior to help my guild get our first Simin kill.

I’ve continued to improve since then and I am now able to solo Lupicus. I have the awesome people at [rT], [DnT],[LOD],[HC], etc. to thank for this. You’re all really valuable to the community and I wish the average player would realise this!

colesy.8490

Well, that’s a very touching story. I just want to say one thing:

IMO, there is a difference between ‘elitist jerks’ and ‘helpfull good players who make the game more enjoyable for you’.

The difference is that ‘elitist jerks’ are, simply said, jerks. Both want the same, which is helping/teaching new players how to properly do dungeons… But their langauge is alot different. The ‘elitist jerk’ will shove information down peoples’ throats, and if they dont listen, he will switch to a very aggressive and forcefull tone, which causes those new dungeoners to (rightfully) think they’re a jerk.

The second category of ‘elitist’, talks in a different tone. A differnet tone, but most of all, they dont shove information down your throat/force it on you.

Just like you, the OP, those 2nd category have become rolemodels for me. But other than you, the ‘elitist jerk’ category RUIN my GW2 experience. Even my forum eperience :/.

They add absolutely nothing to the community. All they do is rage and troll people, which has the opposite effect of what they actually want. Agressiveness makes people much less likely to listen, if not severely annoy them. Or in my case, ruin one’s experience.

That’s where I disagree with the OP: we don’t need jerks in the world.

Thats all :/.

“Urban Dictionary: Elitist (definition) ":http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=elitist

Basically this entire post is targeted at me. The reason I became a jerk is because I grew weary of mockery, ridicule and ‘play how I want’ posts in response to me telling people that certain things weren’t as good as they thought they were. If people aren’t going to show me any respect or even signs of being an intelligent life form, then they don’t deserve any respect themselves (NOTE – I don’t mock the regulars here because they aren’t blind to the strengths and weaknesses of classes and certain weapons). I think the fact that you once outright called me a troll and I chose not to report it is more respect than you have ever showed me with your complaining that I ruined the Mesmer forum just because I forcefully injected logic in to it. So yeah, you only have yourselves to blame, none of us here would be so sarcastic and condescending if people simply listened to what we said and didn’t just put up a giant brick wall; we’re done playing around, and only show the minimum of respect until someone shows they’re actually willing to adapt and are willing to hold flexible views that they will shift in light of evidence supporting the contrary should it be logical to do so.

spoj.9672

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Full-Cleric-Draconic-Armor-and-Naga-Sword/first

Proof of how helpful we can be when people are open minded and respectful of advice given. Sadly this is a rare occurance in the guard forums and ive never seen it in the mesmer forums.

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Without colesy I would be using a greatsword with my mesmer in dungeons (or maybe I would have eventually figured out myself that that was a bad idea >.>). Thanks colesy for helping me suck less! Honestly your posts (even at their “most aggressive”, let’s say) were still the most helpful things in the mesmer forum.

colesy.8490

Without colesy I would be using a greatsword with my mesmer in dungeons (or maybe I would have eventually figured out myself that that was a bad idea >.>). Thanks colesy for helping me suck less! Honestly your posts (even at their “most aggressive”, let’s say) were still the most helpful things in the mesmer forum.

:D my personal opinion is that if I was nice about what I said in that subforum I would have just been dismissed, but generally the more forceful you are, the more people opposed to you want you to be wrong which means the more inclined they are to test your claims. They lost of course, so I like to think I succeeded in educating them, the only reason they will use the badsword is out of preference or stubbornness

spoj.9672

Your posts also get more attention if you are hated. So its win win aslong as you dont drive the newbies away.

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

The funny thing is the the aggressive posts and insults usually come from those that we are trying to give information to first. Ive given really polite feedback before only to be completely insulted on a personal level just because the guy didnt like me or didnt agree with my mind set towards the game. I replied rather politely saying that was uncalled for and he reported me and got me infracted somehow. Some of the people who actively accuse “elitists” of being jerks are far more offensive and insulting and really should take a closer look at what they post. I tend to avoid reporting partly because stuff on the internet doesnt bother me but also because I prefer others to see how rude and deluded those people really are despite not being “elitists”.

hmm remember the example of our sweaty nerdy dungeon runs compliments of the engineer forums…ah good times.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Dungeon-usefulness-list/page/3

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

spoj.9672

Wasnt actually referring to that thread but yeah.

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

I don’t think all great gamers are considered elitist. Nor are all elitist great gamers.

[DONE]

Posted by: InfinitySoul.9240

InfinitySoul.9240

This is my thanks to DnT members. I used to be a condi war in dungeons. Ive now converted to full zerk. Brazil, nike and obal I enjoy your gw2 videos on YouTube. Point is no matter how much you feel your arguements for zerk in dungeons have fallen on deaf ears you have convinced some people of the optimal way. Thank you for taking all the crap from the community. Thanks to you guys I started enjoying dungeons and because of that found an awesome guild with awesome people.

Gotta Pug Em All! Guild Wars 2!
[JAP] JalapenoPeppers

Posted by: Dromar.1027

Dromar.1027

Elitists get a bad rap because some are rude and smug.

There was this WvW commander who would call everyone bad when the 60 man zerg didn’t follow his direction. He would even call people badges because they’re just a free badge of honor. Another thing he would do was call PvEers care bears constantly for stuff like stacking, using exploits, skipping and pretty much anything that didn’t involve just running in and face tanking everything. In the end he made people feel like dirt and it destroyed moral and possibly a community.

Posted by: Zariuss.2357

Zariuss.2357

Very good thread, I agree with everything that was written. But i have to admit, i used to hate elitists, mostly because I didnt really understand the term, I thought it was just people being kittens generally, giving death threats for doing 1 mistake in arah, but after watching DnT, rT and the HC guys it completely changed my mind, and I hope to get good enough to be able to join one of those guilds!

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

Cookie is a female Dog!

Hello darkness, my old friend.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Cookie is a female Dog!

How much mayonnaise is on your french fries right now?

Also, elitists is too broad of a term, but people have known that for a while. You may as well just refer to the ‘targets’ as dark knights, because we are the heroes this game needs, but not the heroes this game deserves right now (YES I KNOW THIS QUOTE IS BACKWARDS, BUT IT WOULDNT MAKE SENSE OTHERWISE).

Going back to pokemon now, I just came to make fun of Aco putting mayonnaise on his french fries.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

(edited by The Mexican Cookie.3690)

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

Cookie is a female Dog!

How much mayonnaise is on your french fries right now?

Also, elitists is too broad of a term, but people have known that for a while. You may as well just refer to the ‘targets’ as dark knights, because we are the heroes this game needs, but not the heroes this game deserves right now (YES I KNOW THIS QUOTE IS BACKWARDS, BUT IT WOULDNT MAKE SENSE OTHERWISE).

Going back to pokemon now, I just came to make fun of Aco putting mayonnaise on his french fries.

Attachments:

Hello darkness, my old friend.

spoj.9672

Nothing wrong with mayonnaise on chips. :P

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Nothing wrong with mayonnaise on chips. :P

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

The leaderboard is just the saddest thing to me. This is supposed to be the bone they throw to competitive pve’ers, yet not a single competitive pve’er I know wants this. Perhaps some interaction with the competitive pve community, the way that Colin Johnson interacts with the WvW community, would have let them know this?

Either fractals 40-50 will be so hard that the tears of the casuals wash them down to the bottom of the leaderboard, or it will be so easy that there is a 500,000th way tie for first place at 50/50 after two weeks.

I honestly don’t think the leaderboard was aimed at the competitive PvE’er at all. The way they phrased their announcement:

“Soon you can earn the envy and adulation of your friends and total strangers through our new leaderboards, which show off the players with the highest fractal levels!”

I doubt anyone from [rT], [HC], [DnT] gives two kittens about acquiring sycophantic randoms.

Cheers to the elitists, and especially you Pinkey! You’re the best ele I ever played with in game. It was an honor leveling to FOTM 80 with you! Still sorry I fell asleep on dredge clown car in the 70s

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

I am started a topic about making a tribute video for fotm 80.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/fractured/Tribute-Video-compilation/first
In the name of all the fun we had playing at this level let’s make this a real statement

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Calling people like Wethospu an elitist should be an insult. Either that or you don’t know the definition of an elitist. I’ve had interaction with him some months ago and he is an exceptional player.

An elitist is basically a prick that doesn’t accept failure. That’s not Wethospu, sorry.

Enaretos.8079

I purposely used the word elitist because that’s how they are seen. If you read what I wrote with minimum attention, you’ll see that I personally refer to them as “good players”.

And I really like Wethospu, else I wouldn’t be even trying to improve the Fractal video tribute by contacting him ingame and learning about his experience in HL fractals…

My Twitch

swiftpaw.6397

I like being called an elitist.

Posted by: Sutcliffe.5491

Sutcliffe.5491

Just wanted to chime in and say thanks to the nice dungeon community members for sharing their strategies and builts .
I learn a lot from the videos and builts the community provided.

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Thanks for the kind words. I would have bothered posting earlier, but I was banned for 2 weeks.

I’m kind of done with the game. The last update was the last straw to be honest. It’s a bigger disappointment than the last season of Lost and that’s saying a lot. I’m done being treated like a second class player and ignored to death by Anet. I’m done getting banned over and over on the forums for disagreeing with people. I’m done playing boring content that’s riddled with bugs.

I’ll probably stick around and log on every now and then to do a dungeon/fractal with the guild, but I’ll be very inactive to be honest. I like this thread because it shows at least some people appreciate the things we do.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Anicetus.1253

Reroll necro and win 5v20’s in WvW.