Ellen Kiel why u no <3 no more ;_;

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: konnsky.6540

konnsky.6540

_Captain Mai Trin Boss:

Fixed some bugs that allowed players to rejoin the fight against Mai Trin after logging out.
Fixed a bug that would allow Kiel to resurrect downed players outside of Mai Trin’s room._

(From HoT patch notes)

Posted by: RedDeadFred.1256

RedDeadFred.1256

The other one that is surely going to make inexperienced players stumble is the Elemental Source now resetting after wipes.

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

Finally the Noobs have to learn to dodge red circles instead of cheesing Mai Trin. I always charged the Mobs to prevent them from killing Ellen, now I don’t have to do it anymore.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

The other one that is surely going to make inexperienced players stumble is the Elemental Source now resetting after wipes.

This is going to be brutal

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

At least I only have to stick around with those not so experienced people for 1 fractal…. it’s ok I think

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Maybe now players will learn to not charge through the center of the area, aggroing every single elemental on the way.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Look, if fractals are reduced to only one encounter, then it better kitten be challenging. Grow a pair, and fight Mai Trin without abusing infinite respawns.

Here’s a tip: Try using stealth and Brown Bear to tank Mai Trin.

During Cannon phase, have 1 person bait the cannons, while rest of team stealths.

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

How about fixing the swirler so it can actually be killed properly as was origionally intended?

Oh well.. just waiting for metrics to hit which will prove which ones are not being chosen then maybe just maybe ANET can ask why?

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Finally the Noobs have to learn to dodge red circles instead of cheesing Mai Trin. I always charged the Mobs to prevent them from killing Ellen, now I don’t have to do it anymore.

I guess you are one of those “Noobs” if you still haven’t noticed “slight” bugs with barrage AoE circles and oneshots out of circles.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Posted by: Atharian.7092

Atharian.7092

Both are my least favourite fights. At least when someone gets murdered on Mai Trin, I don’t have to die as a result. Veteran Ice Elementals are going to be brutal now.

Not to mention, Mai Trin was already a long fight with the average PuG. If you want to fix bugs, thats fine with me, but can you make the kitten thing not take 15 minutes?

I just want the robots, and a teams ability to murder them in 3 minutes.

Edit: Don’t pretend its always down to skill, either:

Ice Elemental can teleport you to the center of the map and force you to pull 3 mobs. Mai Trin cannons can hit you outside the circles, and they can surround you.

(edited by Atharian.7092)

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

The Elemental Source is a RNG based fight. Who thought that this would make the fight more fun?

If they intend to make that fight harder, at least take out the RNG. Make each player spawn on a predictable position so that player skills is the determining factor for when the party fails and has to restart. Fights now will win or loose based on the question: will a player be spawning next to the elemental, pulling 2-3 groups of double spawning mobs.

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

The elemental source is the worst thing in the game, hard or not. Scaling’s way easier now so it’s not a problem but the idea of dying to OMGCHAINKNOCKDOWN even more if something goes wrong is not pleasing to me.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I told you they would fix this. It should be no surprise to anyone.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: konnsky.6540

konnsky.6540

Look, if fractals are reduced to only one encounter, then it better kitten be challenging. Grow a pair, and fight Mai Trin without abusing infinite respawns.

Here’s a tip: Try using stealth and Brown Bear to tank Mai Trin.

During Cannon phase, have 1 person bait the cannons, while rest of team stealths.

It’s not ONE encounter per se. It’s one fractal of your choice PLUS a boss fractal.

A fractal run now consists of 1 fractal island instead of 3 islands and a boss island.

(From the patch notes.)

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

well i just did 50lvl and ellen ressed me and i could get back to the fight. so the fix kinda doesnt work

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

well i just did 50lvl and ellen ressed me and i could get back to the fight. so the fix kinda doesnt work

It didn’t work for my party. Did you do anything differently from before?

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I’ve made it to rank 50 and never once played in a team that was able to kill that thing without wiping at least once. I’m not the world’s best player or anything, but I think you’re lowballing how difficult of an encounter that is.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

_Captain Mai Trin Boss:

Fixed some bugs that allowed players to rejoin the fight against Mai Trin after logging out.
Fixed a bug that would allow Kiel to resurrect downed players outside of Mai Trin’s room._

(From HoT patch notes)

She actually still does resurrect players, you just cannot rejoin the fight anymore

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Posted by: Zach.2618

Zach.2618

_Captain Mai Trin Boss:

(From HoT patch notes)

She actually still does resurrect players, you just cannot rejoin the fight anymore

You actually still can be rezzed and enter the fight, instead of the weird gate to reenter just go run around Ellen or talk to her whichever works and poof you will reappear inside. Everything still works:D only abit differently, dunno what they fixed lol