Encounter which needs immediate attention

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

So which boss (or encounter) needs serious fix/rework in your opinion?

My vote goes for Priest of Melandru.
* No threat against ranged (everyone just afk-ranges this)
* Melee is just so awful with dozens of green balls
– Balls have so random hitboxes that you have no idea when you will get hit
– Not sure if because of above, but dodging over them randomly fails (like 50%)
– And when you get hit, you just get constantly ping-ponged and die instantly

I understand that with so many encounters some of them don’t work out well. However, I really don’t understand how it can be still like this after many many months.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Strictly talking about bosses, the top priority should be Hotw imo.

On all the three paths, bosses have too much hp and too few skills/attacks, making encounters tedious, loooong and overall, boring.

Either lower their defence, cut their hp, or give them new attacks.
Or all the 3 things toghether. (at least the last 2).

I’m sure there are some other encounters needing attention, but Hotw should be first one reworked, cause the main reason ppl (as far as i can see) don’t run it so much is boring bosses. (and underwater sections, but that’s not the main issue of the dg for me.)

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

What about Priest of Grenth from arah p4? That’s like one of the most boring fights there is. Seriously, the four elite mobs that you need to kill prior to fight are more challenging and interesting than the whole boss fight.

Stargazer in arah P1. I don’t know who thought that it is fun to stand around for 2 minutes doing nothing while boss kills himself. Well it is NOT fun.

Subject alpha is stupid also. After you get the hang of dodging rhythm it’s just mindless bashing. Please less twitchy dodging and more actual mechanics.

That are the first things that come to mind.

EU Aurora Glade

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Subject alpha is stupid also. After you get the hang of dodging rhythm it’s just mindless bashing. Please less twitchy dodging and more actual mechanics.

you’re not supposed to dodge on alpha. When you fully learn his mechanics it’s even easier than that.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Whole Arah Path 4 except Lupicus and Simin. The Trash is fun to fight (least with a good party setup) but the bosses are boring as hell.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

I don’t have a priority list, so here’s everything that needs a fix instead.

ALL bosses in HotW need a flat 50% HP reduction.
Mel and Grenth need actual mechanics (and HP reduction).
Whole of AC needs to be reverted to its old state.
Dog from CM2 needs to be removed.
Sureshot CC needs less abilities.
Lupus still shadow walks to NPCs in phase2.
Brie’s phase thingy does not affect phantasms.
TA trash needs less CC.
Magg needs to be immune to aggro.
Spider tree needs to spawn less spiders.
SE2 needs to be cut in half length-wise.
Bjarl mustn’t target Spire under any circumstance.
Tribune whatshisname needs a 50% HP reduction and safety nets in his lava.
Evolved destroyer needs 2-3 more seconds on his window.
Simin needs to be less of a joke 1-shot encounter.

And finally:
Every single boss fight in the game needs to have their inherent RNG removed. There is nothing more frustrating than to wait on a boss to do ability X when he decides to do ability Y a billion times in a row. Change the underlying game engine if it must be done but do it.

The Trash is fun to fight

What.

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

Subject alpha is stupid also. After you get the hang of dodging rhythm it’s just mindless bashing.

And witch boss isn’t?

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

And witch boss isn’t?

Witch boss is beginner boss at level 23.

Posted by: Advert Paperer.7059

Advert Paperer.7059

That’s crazy. His attacks don’t do enough damage to actually threaten anyone; “launch you into lava and make you burn to death” is the one thing that makes him dangerous.

I don’t agree on the 50% HP reduction – I’d prefer to change the fight in a way which evens out the time-to-completion among different teams. Specifically, change his stomp attack so that it confers Protection, Retaliation, and Fury (the latter two persisting for 5 seconds after the stomp) instead of Invulnerability. Eliminate his invulnerability-related condition cleansing effect. Results:

• skilled berserker teams will be able to kill the boss slightly faster (since they can maintain continuous damage) at a higher risk/reward level. Less confident teams can stop attacking the boss during the stomp (status quo), using it as an opportunity to heal and reposition themselves.
  • players will be able to contribute to the fight by using their boon-stealing, boon-removal, and boon-conversion abilities.
  • it will no longer possible to dodge everything; players may suffer enough “chipping” damage from Retaliation that they get can be Downed by the Tribune’s Banish attack (which puts actual pressure on the team – can you Immobilize the boss long enough for a safe revival? can someone apply Stealth to the downed person?)
  • teams which can coordinate CC skills will be able to strip Defiant stacks and interrupt the Stomp ability. They can prevent the boss from gaining his boons and thereby speed up the fight (at the cost of some danger – the pace of the fight will change and it may involve more combat at the edges of the platform rather than the center). This could get players to plan and communicate more, e.g. “let him Stomp – I can put a Well of Corruption under his feet”
  • condition builds can mostly ignore the Retaliation and Protection effects; they can continue to deal steady damage to the boss throughout the fight (without being stymied by intermittent cleansing)
  • support skills and boons (e.g. Stability, Protection) remain very useful
  • movement-impairment effects (e.g. Chill, Cripple, Immobilize) remain very useful

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Oh btw we figured out how to melee him. I’ll probably have an updated P4 guide up this weekend. Shaved off like 4-5 min from the dungeon run.

There’s a safe spot that is clear of pretty much every green ball in melee range, he only has one attack in melee range (doesn’t spawn trees), you can either dodge it or interrupt it. In an organized group you have enough interrupts to almost never have to dodge since for some reason Defiance doesn’t apply to interrupting it.

If your going to change anything about Path 4 it needs to be grenth, killing like 20 wraiths is boring, long, and unchallenging.

For full dungeons, I vote HotW, I hate that dungeon and the boring bosses with too much health. I feel bad for groups who don’t have alot of dps, must take forever.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

(edited by Strifey.7215)

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

That’s crazy. His attacks don’t do enough damage to actually threaten anyone; “launch you into lava and make you burn to death” is the one thing that makes him dangerous

Two things:
1. That’s the idea, the guys seem to be bent on putting CoF as the babbymode dungeon, might as well as make p3 faceroll as well.
2. By safety net I mean something that teleports your dead body to a place where you can be ressed, like destroyer. Now, I haven’t run CoF3 in QUITE a while so I’m not sure if that’s implemented already.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Oh btw we figured out how to melee him. I’ll probably have an updated P4 guide up this weekend. Shaved off like 4-5 min from the dungeon run.

There’s a safe spot that is clear of pretty much every green ball in melee range, he only has one attack in melee range (doesn’t spawn trees), you can either dodge it or interrupt it. In an organized group you have enough interrupts to almost never have to dodge since for some reason Defiance doesn’t apply to interrupting it.

If your going to change anything about Path 4 it needs to be grenth, killing like 20 wraiths is boring, long, and unchallenging.

For full dungeons, I vote HotW, I hate that dungeon and the boring bosses with too much health. I feel bad for groups who don’t have alot of dps, must take forever.

More safe-spots? And I thought that boss couldn’t get more stupid.

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

Do fractals count? Because Mossman and Shaman at 40+ gives me heartburn. The mechanics are fine, but the former goes into stealth for too long and the latter spawns too many elementals. Sure, 40+ FotM is supposed to be hard, but I’d rather Mossman go in and out of stealth more frequently than go into stealth for an entire minute at a time. And the amount of elementals that spawn at Shaman is just frustrating when your AoE is limited to 5.

I have little difficulties with these encounters because I play a guardian, but to privilege one profession over another because shield of the avenger/wall of reflection/sanctuary/shouts+soldier runes/aegis/whatever mechanic is OP compared to what other professions have at their disposal is just poor design.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Underwater Fractal final boss and Snow Fractal final boss, they both have zero mechanics, just standing there with a few milion hit points, waiting to be killed.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

That’s crazy. His attacks don’t do enough damage to actually threaten anyone; “launch you into lava and make you burn to death” is the one thing that makes him dangerous

Two things:
1. That’s the idea, the guys seem to be bent on putting CoF as the babbymode dungeon, might as well as make p3 faceroll as well.
2. By safety net I mean something that teleports your dead body to a place where you can be ressed, like destroyer. Now, I haven’t run CoF3 in QUITE a while so I’m not sure if that’s implemented already.

Did the p3 for Dungeon master title about 4-6 weeks ago and it teleported everyone who died in the lava to a safer spot on the edges.

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

Remove almost all of the trash in arah. There are some fun boss fights in there, but nobody ever wants to go because it takes forever. SE2 and HotW 2 + 3 could also stand to be much shorter.

Dub.1273

@lehova: there are really some trash groups in arah path 4 that i’d rather fight than skip. Fighting trash gets fun when it is hard but done fast. LoS the 10 risen trashmobs before melandru and fight them all at one – you’ll see what i mean.

@Strife: Melandru has attacks? Are you serious? Nice that you found a melee range safespot, makes this fight more… eh, you know what i mean.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

No one ever ran path 4 just because they felt like having fun in a dungeon.

I actually run path 4 with a few guildies just to have fun from time to time. I’ve probably done it close to 40 times by now, maybe more. The only encounter in there that really bothers me is Grenth. It’s gotten to the point of being mindless like the rest of them, but I could also probably do a full CoF path 1 run in the amount of time it takes from first coming into the room and when you finally get the chest. For first time path 4 runners, the dungeon is hard, especially if you don’t quite grasp game mechanics yet and don’t have someone to guide you along. When you know all of the encounters well, the whole path only takes about 30 minutes.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Isslair.4908

Whoever designed Path 1, which is my favorite arah path encounter wise, should be put to work on Path 4.

Please no.

There nothing interesting there aside from skipping.
Just run-run, glitch ooze, run-run, stack damage and kill “bosses” in one 100b, run-run, stand in circles+ 100b to win, run-run, Lupi, run-run, skip-skip, ping-pong for 2 minutes doing nothing. It’s one of the worst dungeons encounter design-wise.
I kinda like it because of skipping fun, but it is bad.

When you know all of the encounters well, the whole path only takes about 30 minutes.

Quite a speedrun actually. Our fastest time was around 40+ minutes. Do you melee Melandru? Cause that and grenth are the major timesinks for us.

EU Aurora Glade

(edited by Isslair.4908)

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Lets just forget about these /meh dungeons and make new ones!

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

When you know all of the encounters well, the whole path only takes about 30 minutes.

Quite a speedrun actually. Our fastest time was around 40+ minutes. Do you melee Melandru? Cause that and grenth are the major timesinks for us.

Yup. Meleeing Melandru doesn’t take very long, maybe 30 seconds or so if I’m remembering correctly. As Strife described in a previous post, you can stand right in front of him and avoid the green balls / interrupt him each time he goes to do his knockdown attack. Using interrupts doesn’t seem to affect his defiant stacks, so you can rotate between Warrior Mace 5, Mesmer Shatter / Focus pull / GS knockback and Guardian Binding Blades and Banish each time he goes to attack. You could also take Hallowed Ground and Stand Your Ground on Guardian just to provide some extra flexibility. If you don’t want to depend on “safe spots” or whatever you may call them, you could probably do the fight with a Hammer Guardian and lots of Stability pretty easily.

For Grenth, I used to feel it was best to have everyone run as a group and kill wraiths, but it seems that splitting up and having 2 Warriors take certain spawns and having 1 Warrior and the Guardian and Memser take the other spawns makes it go a bit faster, but overall, I’d like see the encounter redone completely. Maybe you could ride Moa birds and joust with Grenth as he rides a risen Dolyak. I’M LOOKING AT YOU, HROUDA. MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

Brazil

(edited by TheMaskedParadigm.3629)

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

-lupi arc shot mechanic should be reworked. I really never know if I will get hit or dodge since is a random. Even when the red circle mark a zone I get hit outside.
-when I using my Mesmer I, interrupt, daze, stun, and a lot of stuff to CC my stalkers but they just ignore the mechanic and keep doing they business. Is like those skill do t have effects in they.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

Dub.1273

Maybe you could ride Moa birds and joust with Grenth as he rides a risen Dolyak. I’M LOOKING AT YOU, HROUDA. MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

YES, MAKE THIS HAPPEN ROBERT, PLEASE!
@whoever said that a 30min’ish run would be speed: after doing a 28 minute casual now whith heavily lacking dps and a group which wasn’t on teamspeak i can say: no, 30 minutes is a pretty realistic time as long as everyone is familiar with the dungeon, able to skip trash first try and at least maintains some quite well dps.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Shinki.8045

Shinki.8045

I don’t have a priority list, so here’s everything that needs a fix instead.

ALL bosses in HotW need a flat 50% HP reduction.

Then HotW would be as fast as CoF.

Mel and Grenth need actual mechanics (and HP reduction).

Although I agree, getting a Karma Train to avoid red circles is often too difficult of a mechanic.

Whole of AC needs to be reverted to its old state.

Don’t agree. ANet should not shy away from blanket changes to dungeons in an attempt to make them more interesting.

Dog from CM2 needs to be removed.

Just… walk around him?

Sureshot CC needs less abilities.

He only has two abilities, all of which can be negated by circle strafing at any range.

Lupus still shadow walks to NPCs in phase2.
Brie’s phase thingy does not affect phantasms.

Can’t speak to that, haven’t been in Arah since Simin got nerfed.

TA trash needs less CC.

Trees, Vines, Dogs, Knights, Warden champs and Stonetouches. All of which can be easily avoided or dodged, save Stonetouches. Just stay out of melee or look for the tells.

Magg needs to be immune to aggro.

As in he shouldn’t generate aggro or attack enemy mobs?

Spider tree needs to spawn less spiders.

As it stands you just need to kill all the spiders, then max range the boss while dodging when he shakes his shoulders. I wouldn’t mind it becoming more interesting than that.

SE2 needs to be cut in half length-wise.

Removing Protection helps, but those mole people live on a diet of pure HP-ups. I agree that the trash in this wing is just cumbersome.

Bjarl mustn’t target Spire under any circumstance.

Agreed. Spire should be untargetable in all boss fights.

Changing his damage output to approximately nil. Defeated players should be netted, sure, but not before then.

Evolved destroyer needs 2-3 more seconds on his window.

Don’t agree.

Simin needs to be less of a joke 1-shot encounter.

Can’t speak to this, haven’t done Simin post nerf.

And finally:
Every single boss fight in the game needs to have their inherent RNG removed. There is nothing more frustrating than to wait on a boss to do ability X when he decides to do ability Y a billion times in a row. Change the underlying game engine if it must be done but do it.

I really don’t see where you’re getting this perspective from.

Examples:

Malrona – TA UP – Attack pattern: melee, spit, melee, red circles, melee, spit, ad infinitum.

Lupicus – Arah – any path:
Phase 1: Definite timing pattern to grubs. Completely negatable.
Phase 2: Never repeats a skill
Phase 3: Attacks are all proximity related, then timing related.

Subject Alpha – COE – any path: Depending on path will always rotate between 2 elements and spam those attacks. i.e. fire spikes then earth circles then fire spikes then earth circles. Takes less than 30 seconds to make the full rotation, every time he switches to fire Warhorn can convert it to aegis.

I can go on, but I I really can’t think of a truly RNGed boss encounter. They all work off ability cooldowns.

(edited by Shinki.8045)

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I really don’t see where you’re getting this perspective from.

Examples:

Malrona – TA UP – Attack pattern: melee, spit, melee, red circles, melee, spit, ad infinitum.

Lupicus – Arah – any path:
Phase 1: Definite timing pattern to grubs. Completely negatable.
Phase 2: Never repeats a skill
Phase 3: Attacks are all proximity related, then timing related.

Subject Alpha – COE – any path: Depending on path will always rotate between 2 elements and spam those attacks. i.e. fire spikes then earth circles then fire spikes then earth circles. Takes less than 30 seconds to make the full rotation, every time he switches to fire Warhorn can convert it to aegis.

I can go on, but I I really can’t think of a truly RNGed boss encounter. They all work off ability cooldowns.

He wants to reflect their attacks with ease.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Maybe you could ride Moa birds and joust with Grenth as he rides a risen Dolyak. I’M LOOKING AT YOU, HROUDA. MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

@whoever said that a 30min’ish run would be speed: after doing a 28 minute casual now whith heavily lacking dps and a group which wasn’t on teamspeak i can say: no, 30 minutes is a pretty realistic time as long as everyone is familiar with the dungeon, able to skip trash first try and at least maintains some quite well dps.

…You did path 4 in 28 minutes with a casual / low DPS group and no voice communication? Or maybe I’m misunderstanding you.

Brazil

Posted by: Hoyvin.3241

Hoyvin.3241

you’re not supposed to dodge on alpha. When you fully learn his mechanics it’s even easier than that.

Standing there and beating the crap out of him in melee seems to do the trick nicely.

Mirta.5029

Standing there and beating the crap out of him in melee seems to do the trick nicely.

depends on the path.
Path 1 – all melee, beat the crap out of him
Path 2 and 3:
Two strategies that I know of:
a) (the one I like) team sees what aoe’s they got, ice spike stays away and ranges, 4 others melee
b) mesmer has a portal down, all melee, when aoes come all teleport trough the portal and then teleport back.

Posted by: Iures.2894

Iures.2894

depends on the path.
Path 1 – all melee, beat the crap out of him
Path 2 and 3:
Two strategies that I know of:
a) (the one I like) team sees what aoe’s they got, ice spike stays away and ranges, 4 others melee
b) mesmer has a portal down, all melee, when aoes come all teleport trough the portal and then teleport back.

What?

Path 2 and 3: Stand there in melee beating the crap out of him, when circles form, count to ~2 and dodge. Resume beating the crap out of him. . .

Isslair.4908

Path 2 and 3: Stand there in melee beating the crap out of him, when circles form, count to ~2 and dodge. Resume beating the crap out of him. . .

And if you’re a warrior you can even continue to dps him during aoe, using #3 on GS.

EU Aurora Glade

Iures.2894

And if you’re a warrior you can even continue to dps him during aoe, using #3 on GS.

Or Mesmer Blurred Frenzy, yeah.

Mirta.5029

What?

if you’re not a warrior chances are you don’t have infinite dodge. Also by dodging you spread the aoe and can even dodge into someone elses aoe. Easier to just have one with the ice spike stand away and shoot at the boss.
If you’re high on DPS ice spike will likely be the NPC, then all can take him down before NPC dies.
Ice spike always targets a person with the least aggro, meaning that if you have a ranged player all he will have to do is stay ranged.
I actually hate when people go “all stack and dodge” because I’ve seen those teams wipe again and again and again.
You also can’t efficiently keep alpha pressed against the wall with dodging, because he will move away from there, meaning on path 3 you’re going to screw yourself up.
I find it weird that people want to dodge when 4 can literally stand there without moving just keep hitting him and stand in the middle of rock corona and NEVER get hit by it. Ever.

(edited by Mirta.5029)

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

What?

if you’re not a warrior chances are you don’t have infinite dodge. Also by dodging you spread the aoe and can even dodge into someone elses aoe. Easier to just have one with the ice spike stand away and shoot at the boss.
If you’re high on DPS ice spike will likely be the NPC, then all can take him down before NPC dies.
Ice spike always targets a person with the least aggro, meaning that if you have a ranged player all he will have to do is stay ranged.
I actually hate when people go “all stack and dodge” because I’ve seen those teams wipe again and again and again.
You also can’t efficiently keep alpha pressed against the wall with dodging, because he will move away from there, meaning on path 3 you’re going to screw yourself up.
I find it weird that people want to dodge when 4 can literally stand there without moving just keep hitting him and stand in the middle of rock corona and NEVER get hit by it. Ever.

Goodness. You don’t have to dodge across the room, You can evade into the wall that you have him pushed against. And Warriors don’t have infinite dodges… Every class has enough dodges to avoid getting hit by his AoE in every single encounter with him. If you run out of dodges, you are doing something wrong. And having one person run around and range while 4 people melee is (surprise!) slower than 5 people meleeing and dodging into the wall.

Brazil

Dub.1273

…You did path 4 in 28 minutes with a casual / low DPS group and no voice communication? Or maybe I’m misunderstanding you.

Hmm…. no, you understood me correctly. Actually it wasn’t a low DPS group, we’ve just been missing 2 warriors.

Dub | [rT]

(edited by Dub.1273)

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Seems legit. Have you got a video?

Brazil

Dub.1273

Yeah but i guess i already deleted it, wasn’t very well played of me tbh. Raging hard when all my bloodlust stacks are gone because of some stupid grenth’s mark ignoring dodges…

Dub | [rT]

Mirta.5029

Goodness. You don’t have to dodge across the room, You can evade into the wall that you have him pushed against. And Warriors don’t have infinite dodges… Every class has enough dodges to avoid getting hit by his AoE in every single encounter with him. If you run out of dodges, you are doing something wrong. And having one person run around and range while 4 people melee is (surprise!) slower than 5 people meleeing and dodging into the wall.

full endurance recover = 15 seconds, aoe goes off every 5 seconds, after the first 3 dodges you can end up out of dodge unless you have a high endurance regen.
If your character is specked to be ranged you’ll not be any faster if you go melee. Good ranged classes: p/p thieves, necros, eles (unless using lightning hammer), scepter guardians, rangers.
Surprise surprise most parties do feature them.
While dodging you’re also not doing DPS that you could have been using by just standing there. Especially if you have a ranged class in your party.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

full endurance recover = 15 seconds, aoe goes off every 5 seconds, after the first 3 dodges you can end up out of dodge unless you have a high endurance regen.
If your character is specked to be ranged you’ll not be any faster if you go melee. Good ranged classes: p/p thieves, necros, eles (unless using lightning hammer), scepter guardians, rangers.
While dodging you’re also not doing DPS that you could have been using by just standing there. Especially if you have a ranged class in your party.

Warrior damages on dodge and has Whirlwind (against a wall is super cool damage), Mesmer has Blurred Frenzy / Distortion from shattering, Guardian has all sorts of super cool party-wide blocks. Not to mention if you kill him fast enough, you barely see his AoE (which usually happens if you melee him).

Brazil

Mirta.5029

Warrior damages on dodge and has Whirlwind (against a wall is super cool damage), Mesmer has Blurred Frenzy / Distortion from shattering, Guardian has all sorts of super cool party-wide blocks. Not to mention if you kill him fast enough, you barely see his AoE (which usually happens if you melee him).

and like I said, if at least one person in the party is not built for melee, he will put out less damage in melee and will force the party to lose damage while dodging as well. It’s very kitten simple to position one ranged away and have nobody dodging.
If you don’t have a ranged on your team the NPC will be the first one to get the ice, meaning that dodging until she is dead is just a waste of DPS.

(edited by Mirta.5029)

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

and like I said, if at least one person in the party is not built for melee, he will put out less damage in melee and will force the party to lose damage while dodging as well. It’s very kitten simple to position one ranged away and have nobody dodging.
If you don’t have a ranged on your team the NPC will be the first one to get the ice, meaning that dodging until she is dead is just a waste of DPS.

I think the underlying problem here is that dodging is hard for some people. It’s also faster to have all 5 people in your group melee him instead of having one person range him like a kitten but what do I know.

Brazil

Iures.2894

He’ll lose even more damage when he dies half-way across the room and can’t be rez’d.

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

I must be the only person who actually enjoyed the grenth fight.

One of the few bosses that
A. stresses teamwork – There are no carries in this party. Everyone better be pulling their own weight. Coordination is key
B. stresses equipment loadouts/planning – Dont have a weapon capable of nonprojectile auto attack? Get one. Be prepared next time.
C. stresses solo survivability – Gotta be able to deal with the monsters that spawn by yourself.
D. stresses more skill layouts or switching – no immortality skill? No decent heal? Expect to die a lot. There’s also additional teamwork. Use the buddy system. Find your buddy, stay with him/her. If you do not have a buddy then you are going to die and everyone is going to hate you forever.

Maybe he overstays his welcome a bit in the second phase, but he had a unique encounter, unique method of fighting him, and he stressed a lot of things most other bosses didnt. (Balthazar was afk for everyone he wasnt targeting. Melandru was afk for everyone. Lyssa was afk for everyone besides me, because I have an instant cast party wide condition removal that comes up every 10 seconds, grenth was actually interesting, simin [this is like, old simin, the oldest incarnation one that there was] was honestly pretty much afk too. admittedly we had skill rotations but it was still stack and smack, hell she didnt even punish us for being close like melandru did. And the final boss was more afk for the whole team) grenth was literally the only boss that we couldnt have afk auto attacked to death. Easily the most unique and fun fight in path 4 arah.

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Grenth phase 1 is pretty cool, but phase 2 drags on for way too long, and just isn’t interesting.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Dub.1273

Guess meleeing Alpha is worth it when 1 Warrior survives. Because that one warrior will deal so much more damage than all 4 others together in range.

Dub | [rT]

Iures.2894

Guess meleeing Alpha is worth it when 1 Warrior survives. Because that one warrior will deal so much more damage than all 4 others together in range.

Especially since the only way they should get hit is if they don’t account for haste screwing with their invuln frames during WW. :p

Mirta.5029

He’ll lose even more damage when he dies half-way across the room and can’t be rez’d.

who do you run with that they go down like that? All a ranged lurer has to do is continuously step out of the middle of the aoe and stand at the side of the circle. They don’t even need a dodge. Being a guardian with a scepter, normally in my runs I get ice and it’s really kitten easy to stay alive.

Iures.2894

who do you run with that they go down like that? All a ranged lurer has to do is continuously step out of the middle of the aoe and stand at the side of the circle. They don’t even need a dodge. Being a guardian with a scepter, normally in my runs I get ice and it’s really kitten easy to stay alive.

Until, y’know, you get crystalled in the middle of the room and all your teleports are on cooldown.