Endgame Dungeon Idea

Endgame Dungeon Idea

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Akachi.1352

Akachi.1352

I was thinking the other night, what made the end game in gw1 so fun was all the inventive ways of speed clearing areas such DoA.

What my idea is, after you complete the final story mission you unlock a mode for every dungeon where you can enter at level 80, and of course all mobs are scaled up too, but all paths are active at the same time so you can either choose to play them all normally or go for a speed clear.

Thoughts?

Endgame Dungeon Idea

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I always love more dungeons, and I adored the PS so I would love to see it expanded with new dungeon stories,

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Endgame Dungeon Idea

Posted by: Nosoyelarty.7268

Nosoyelarty.7268

The other day i was thinking about tribulation mode in dungeons. Stuff like traps in AC or corpses in Arah instantly kill players who trigger them, brigdes on CoF falling down after one player touch them, falling rocks at random locations or where players are standing, lasers randomly appearing in boss fights from CoE, etc.

I like this idea but i don’t really know if it’s good enough and i am not sure if the more hardcore playerbase is looking for stuff like this to make dungeons more challenging.

Endgame Dungeon Idea

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

My buddy and I just spent a good hour after an arah P4 run exploring. There’s so much in arah alone that isn’t covered by the 4 paths. We found an event where we had to defend an NPC building a cannon to use against 3 legendary giants but didn’t finish it because it spawns waves of silvers. :<

But anyway, I’d love for Anet to just actually open up the dungeons entirely, and make them completely explorable like they were originally intended to be.

Endgame Dungeon Idea

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Thats actually the intended route after simin and before the bloodstone shard. I only discovered that last week though rofl.

Endgame Dungeon Idea

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

I thought a fun idea would have a sort of raiding system where you are allowed to have only one of each profession in the dungeon/raid. Sort of like a 8 person instance.

Endgame Dungeon Idea

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

My buddy and I just spent a good hour after an arah P4 run exploring. There’s so much in arah alone that isn’t covered by the 4 paths. We found an event where we had to defend an NPC building a cannon to use against 3 legendary giants but didn’t finish it because it spawns waves of silvers. :<

But anyway, I’d love for Anet to just actually open up the dungeons entirely, and make them completely explorable like they were originally intended to be.

This event reward is like a typical open-world event reward. You can go and damage the giants before they die though and gather some chests!
tip: aggro the silvers between a wall and the protective bubble, they will be stuck and won’t be able to move a bit

Endgame Dungeon Idea

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

This event reward is like a typical open-world event reward. You can go and damage the giants before they die though and gather some chests!
tip: aggro the silvers between a wall and the protective bubble, they will be stuck and won’t be able to move a bit

We tried that, and it almost worked, but the illusionist kept dropping chaos storms on us. That daze is OP, man. x_x

Endgame Dungeon Idea

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

We tried that, and it almost worked, but the illusionist kept dropping chaos storms on us. That daze is OP, man. x_x

The person with aggro should go outside line of sight, so the illusionist keep trying to move all the time :P

Endgame Dungeon Idea

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Initially, if I remember correclty, the idea of dungeons were full explorable, not only 3 paths (4 for arah) with a lot of random events going on. That idea was dropped it seems as time was running out…

IMO it’s still pretty ridiculous for such a huge AAA MMO not having new challenging content with more tactical bosses/for bigger parties (at least 10 ppl). We only have Lupi and a handful of other ‘raid like’ bosses.

Comapred to other MMOs that have around 10-20 and up to 100 (WoW) such bosses GW2 seems totally out of competition and has to be addressed.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Endgame Dungeon Idea

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

IMO it’s still pretty ridiculous for such a huge AAA MMO not having new challenging content with more tactical bosses/for bigger parties (at least 10 ppl). We only have Lupi and a handful of other ‘raid like’ bosses.

Comapred to other MMOs that have around 10-20 and up to 100 (WoW) such bosses GW2 seems totally out of competition and has to be addressed.

What needs to be addressed first is the aoe limit. Unless you’d like to turn dungeons into world bosses.