Engi Meta Alteration?

Engi Meta Alteration?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Popcornpasta.7605

Popcornpasta.7605

So I am aware that the engineer meta build uses grenades, elixir gun and flamethrower. I was wondering, though, if it wouldn’t be too much of an overall dps loss (party and personal) to take thumper turret in place of e-gun. The blowback cancelling of acid bomb has always felt wonky as hell to me and half the time I fly back further than intended.

For a possible opener for bosses I was thinking of something like: napalm>flame blast>place thumper>overcharge thumper>blast thumper>rumble>grenade barrage>flame blast.

Let me know what you guys think about 15 stacks of party might with the turret vs 6 party might (I believe) from the meta rotation with the damage from acid bomb.

Engi Meta Alteration?

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Thumper turret suffers from a very long cooldown on both it and its toolbelt skill. If you can’t cancel acid bomb due to connectivity issues, consider using Throw Mine instead, for its high damage toolbelt skill, vulnerability, and blast finisher. Just be careful and remember that it does knock back foes, and will scatter trash mobs or bosses without defiance stacks if placed incorrectly.

You should also be using Flame Blast (FT #2, remember to detonate it) for its damage and blast finisher, so you can maintain over 12 stacks of might with your firefield alone (Throw Mine, Flame Blast, Healing Turret, Flame Blast) and more if others provide fields.

Engi Meta Alteration?

Posted by: Popcornpasta.7605

Popcornpasta.7605

Probably should have mentioned detonating the flame blast (just kind of took it for granted).

Engi Meta Alteration?

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I’d be curious if anyone has a list of all the coefficients and maybe times on some of the attacks. I noticed toolkit’s crowbar hits decently hard and an extra condition. And the toolbelt skill doesn’t look bad.

Personally in that situation I’ve been going bomb kit for the extra fire field. I’m with you that sometimes elixer gun is simply more trouble than it’s worth. When I screw it up consistently on one fight I usually drop it for the rest of the dungeon, but I can usually pull it off just fine.

I’m honestly finding elixers are often worth taking to help support a team… but that’s with imperfect groups.

Engi Meta Alteration?

Posted by: Raina.8642

Raina.8642

If you are ‘prestacking might’ (ie before engaging combat), have bomb kit out, go 2 → toolbelt – switch to flame thrower, then that combo. You can also swap in Thumper, use the toolbelt, then swap it out as well.

As an aside, I like the elixir kit for reasons outside of acid bomb (whcih I still use, and I enjoy its damage boost). Its 5 and 3 are amazing in pugs… condi cleanse, and heals can make or break a fight if your group isn’t fantastic.

Engi Meta Alteration?

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

If you are ‘prestacking might’ (ie before engaging combat), have bomb kit out, go 2 -> toolbelt – switch to flame thrower, then that combo. You can also swap in Thumper, use the toolbelt, then swap it out as well.

As an aside, I like the elixir kit for reasons outside of acid bomb (whcih I still use, and I enjoy its damage boost). Its 5 and 3 are amazing in pugs… condi cleanse, and heals can make or break a fight if your group isn’t fantastic.

Was just about to post that. also 4 is a great " Screw you guys I’m going home" skill.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Engi Meta Alteration?

Posted by: Raina.8642

Raina.8642

No kidding Don. Theres nothing more fun then being on TS with a couple of mates, prestacking might at Kohler in AC as one of them pulls… and I blow myself into the water…

100% someone goes “Bye Calach”… and thats that. Hilarious though!

Engi Meta Alteration?

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

I prefer shooting myself into the lava in SE p1 myself. That and messing up my cancel inside one of the bubbles in TA forward. Honestly, I prefer Grenade Kit/Bomb Kit/Elixir Gun myself, less might than FT overall but much better at dealing with trash and far less complicated rotation.

@Jerus, I’ve been doing some tests in HotM to see if coefficients line up with what wiki has them at for our big skills, will report back later.

Engi Meta Alteration?

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

Thumper turret wouldn’t work as well and would definitely be a dps loss. Acid bomb hits hard and is unblockable, thumper turret won’t come near it.

Engi Meta Alteration?

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

Acid bomb hits nearly as hard as Hundred Blades. Unlike Hundred Blades it isn’t a channeled skill, so while the Acid Bomb damage is ticking, you are able to do other attacks. Imagine a warrior who was able to use a Hundred Blades and while that is channeling he can swap to axe and do an axe auto chain at the same time.

So yeah, that is how over the top OP Acid Bomb is. If you don’t use Acid Bomb you might as well not be playing Engineer.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Engi Meta Alteration?

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

^ I second this.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Engi Meta Alteration?

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Acid bomb hits nearly as hard as Hundred Blades. Unlike Hundred Blades it isn’t a channeled skill, so while the Acid Bomb damage is ticking, you are able to do other attacks. Imagine a warrior who was able to use a Hundred Blades and while that is channeling he can swap to axe and do an axe auto chain at the same time.

So yeah, that is how over the top OP Acid Bomb is. If you don’t use Acid Bomb you might as well not be playing Engineer.

As much as I agree, I still drop it when I start killing myself (and sometimes my group) with it

Engi Meta Alteration?

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

It’s tricky for some fights though. If your target is really mobile (Mossman for example) and you’re pugging, AB barely gets in two ticks.

Engi Meta Alteration?

Posted by: Gruocs.3412

Gruocs.3412

No kidding Don. Theres nothing more fun then being on TS with a couple of mates, prestacking might at Kohler in AC as one of them pulls… and I blow myself into the water…

100% someone goes “Bye Calach”… and thats that. Hilarious though!

Ehehe, funny stuff
I usualy just rub my back against the wall so I prevent that same thing, or when bad connection kicks in.
Also, dont you ppl like giving mini heartattacks to your grp members in grawl fractals at last boss while using acid bomb in the last moment when he dives? Thats gold to me!

Hexagonis [HeX]