Engineer Raid Question

Engineer Raid Question

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: robert.6315

robert.6315

I recently posted this in the Engineer forums, but I figured I would try here as well. Anyhow, here is the post:

Hello. My apologies if this has been answered in multiple other threads, but I am curious about what an Engineer brings to raids outside of good DPS. Also, to expand on that question, what utility does an Engineer bring to a raid that cannot be brought by another class?
Anyhow, any answers would be awesome. I am not new to the game, but I am new to Engineer. I am currently enjoying my Druid very much along with my Chrono. But, because I have issues with needing to have a ton of alts, I just want to know what the Engineer is good for in a raid situation. Thanks again.

Engineer Raid Question

Posted by: Skittles.7830

Skittles.7830

I am curious about what an Engineer brings to raids outside of good DPS.

Good condi DPS…..

The have a pretty good AoE heal on a low cooldown.

Also in bad less experienced raid groups you can go scrapper and then res the baddies that get caught in the bad pie…

ALL IS VAIN
Vial of Salt [VoS]

Engineer Raid Question

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

For Vale guardian, breakbar, seeker management (this is very important), dps and limited group wide heal. Seeker management is the most important duty out of all, and if you’re the only condi engi you can literally make or break the group depending on your seeker management skill
For gorseval you can bring slick shoes or use flamethrower, breakbar, dps, and blind the adds that spawn, hold the walking spirits, and limited heal.
For sabetha its just pure dps rotation and from time to time blinding the adds while fulfilling your assigned duties as cannon removal or bomb removal.

IMO condi engi shines in VG the most because of all the minor things that condi engi is responsible for aren’t exactly written up as guides so it really shows one’s skill and knowledge of class for seeker management as engies have multiple means of managing seekers through various tools and skills. While following the raid mechanics and keeping up with rotation and paying enough attention to small details require some knowledge of the class, so if you want challenge, you can volunteer yourself as 1 condi engi and see how it goes.

Tour

Engineer Raid Question

robert.6315

Thank you both for your answers. They are really helpful. However, I am still wondering if an Engineer actually brings something super unique to the raid? Rezzing dead people is cool I guess, but I would rather people not be dead. I guess I am more talking about buffs and utility. The main question is really why should a person bring an Engineer and are there other classes that can do the same thing? I do love a challenging class though, so that is a positive.

Engineer Raid Question

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

Thank you both for your answers. They are really helpful. However, I am still wondering if an Engineer actually brings something super unique to the raid? Rezzing dead people is cool I guess, but I would rather people not be dead. I guess I am more talking about buffs and utility. The main question is really why should a person bring an Engineer and are there other classes that can do the same thing? I do love a challenging class though, so that is a positive.

Clever use of combo fields such as using mortar 3 and auto attacking with mortar kit for added chill duration and using many skills such as glue shot can keep the walking spirit from reaching gorseval much much slower. Moving seekers away from the group using fields and ccs that are on short cd helps the group focus more on dps than having to worry about seeker management. Blinding the trash mobs on gorseval and sabetha ensures group to keep dpsing without getting knocked around or dying.

It’s most useful part comes from condi damage, which is currently out shined by burnzerker, but when burnzerker gets nerfed condi engi will be competing for the top condi dps again. So challenge comes from maintaining your dps rotation with/without alacrity, squeezing in ccs while following raid mechanics and being responsible for own survival. When you get used to it it won’t become challenging, but having teammates that appreciates your work is also hard

Tour

Engineer Raid Question

Posted by: randomguy.1283

randomguy.1283

To be honest, no, unlike most “meta” classes engineers don’t bring anything unique to the raids. The main reason they would be brought is because even though they have less dps than a condi berserker, they have a lot more control skills (especially helpful for vale guardian)

(edited by randomguy.1283)

Engineer Raid Question

robert.6315

Thanks again for all the replies. I appreciate all the insight.