Epidemic: kicked for not playing heavy

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: noobgood.8762

noobgood.8762

Your condition removal skills are Purging Flames, Save Yourselves, traited virtue (2x with Renewed Focus), focus 4, light field + GS 2.
Not enough at all.

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

To be honest, I only use focus 4 for vuln stacking, I can’t remember a single time where I felt I needed more cond removal than what virtue and purging brings.

And really, if the game were to introduce something that truly requires something close to a cond removal spam, Mesmers would probably be the better class to bring for this purpose. They could do that without even losing out on things like reflect and they’d still keep a third utility free for other purposes to boot.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

(edited by Nikaido.3457)

Posted by: xsquared.1926

xsquared.1926

I made this gif just for this thread.

Attachments:

Master Ruseman. Lv80 Mesmer 10/20/0/25/15
Boon Dispenser. Lv80 Guardian 15/25/0/20/10 Boom Dispenser – Lv80 Engineer 30/30/0/10/0
Chuck Thunderstruck – Lv 80 Ele 30/10/10/10/10

Posted by: AnnieGYG.6842

AnnieGYG.6842

Your condition removal skills are Purging Flames, Save Yourselves, traited virtue (2x with Renewed Focus), focus 4, light field + GS 2.
Not enough at all.

This a million times over, thank-you noobgood, I was kinda having a sinking feeling reading this thread – guardian has a ton of them and a ton more, Bow of Truth, Purifying Ribbon on Elite Tome of Courage (although Spirit weapon Bow sucks so don’t use it)

If we fight Mai Trin I bring along wall of reflect or GS 2 and everyone throws stuff through it or Mesmer throws Temporal Curtain and I Guardian GS 4 or 5 through it through it – there just too many combinations of condition removal to list to be honest, 90% of them with a guardian at one end of the other.

I get the impression some people have never played guardian before – Ok big tip – Light fields plus projectiles finishers or whirl finishers = Condition removal

Property of Gandara EU

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

My favorite part is that it has the Temple Armor skin still, indicating that it’s either PTV or some other bunkery set of armor.

My heart dies a little everytime I see that armor skin in a dungeon PUG.

Posted by: Clyan.1593

Clyan.1593

I repeatedly get kicked out of groups for not playing a Guardian or Warrior, and sometimes even receive major hate for maining a ranger. I don’t know what has to be done to change this, but something needs to change. I am getting sick of getting kicked from fractal groups for simply not playing a heavy armor class. Nerf heavies into the ground, buff mediums and lights, add a report option for kick abuse. I don’t care which, just do it so I don’t have to be forced to play 2/8 classes from fear of being kicked otherwise. The foundation of this game is supposed to be about playing what you want how you want, but with the way things are now, that is impossible to do without getting some sort of grief in return.

Patience is limited. Sometimes this crap just makes me want to quit the game for months at a time.

My main is ranger and i don’t give a kitten about what other players think is the best way to play it. Wanna know my secret? Be the dungeon opener.

“Bagh Nakh! Bagh Nakh!”
– Dark Lord of Moshpoipoi

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

I repeatedly get kicked out of groups for not playing a Guardian or Warrior, and sometimes even receive major hate for maining a ranger. I don’t know what has to be done to change this, but something needs to change. I am getting sick of getting kicked from fractal groups for simply not playing a heavy armor class. Nerf heavies into the ground, buff mediums and lights, add a report option for kick abuse. I don’t care which, just do it so I don’t have to be forced to play 2/8 classes from fear of being kicked otherwise. The foundation of this game is supposed to be about playing what you want how you want, but with the way things are now, that is impossible to do without getting some sort of grief in return.

Patience is limited. Sometimes this crap just makes me want to quit the game for months at a time.

My main is ranger and i don’t give a kitten about what other players think is the best way to play it. Wanna know my secret? Be the dungeon opener.

Get off your high horse there buddy.

Nova [rT]

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Attachments:

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

When you pug something, your bound to get kicked. No one wants zerker only warrior elitists (Even while playing a Guard I’ve been kicked for being one) in their guilds, and so they resort to LFGs, so there is a higher concentration of them there.

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I repeatedly get kicked out of groups for not playing a Guardian or Warrior, and sometimes even receive major hate for maining a ranger.

I woud kick you too from dungeon party if you dare play a ranger. Some times I tolerate rangers on eazy dungeons, just rare. And I love when I see in LFG two rangers looking for other members, no one join them ^^ once I did all my 3 paths and they where still there in the list looking… I wanted to enter in party and shout: MAKE A KITTEN WARRIOR but I leave them be… they deserve it ^^

I hope you’re just trolling dude…

NSPride <3

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

I repeatedly get kicked out of groups for not playing a Guardian or Warrior, and sometimes even receive major hate for maining a ranger.

I woud kick you too from dungeon party if you dare play a ranger. Some times I tolerate rangers on eazy dungeons, just rare. And I love when I see in LFG two rangers looking for other members, no one join them ^^ once I did all my 3 paths and they where still there in the list looking… I wanted to enter in party and shout: MAKE A KITTEN WARRIOR but I leave them be… they deserve it ^^

I hope you’re just trolling dude…

I don’t think he is, now troll him. Do it. You have the power in you! Although it’s been a month… never mind.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

(edited by Lindbur.2537)

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

When you pug something, your bound to get kicked. No one wants zerker only warrior elitists (Even while playing a Guard I’ve been kicked for being one) in their guilds, and so they resort to LFGs, so there is a higher concentration of them there.

I don’t know you, but following the recent trends amongst guardians with camping staff and hammer in a PVT/cleric AH build, that could be a problem maybe.

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

id say it depends on the team you catch… ive never been kicked even once for playing ranger and god knows i use an axe and a warhorn. sometime even my shortbow (slingshot)

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

My favorite part is that it has the Temple Armor skin still, indicating that it’s either PTV or some other bunkery set of armor.

ummm, you have heard of transmutations stones have you ?

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

id say it depends on the team you catch… ive never been kicked even once for playing ranger and god knows i use an axe and a warhorn. sometime even my shortbow (slingshot)

Slingshot? As in “ploink ploink ploink”? That would drive me crazy.

I honestly think I might leave agroup with a slingshot user just to keep my sanity intact.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Posted by: Hackuuna.4085

Hackuuna.4085

The absolute best fractal group I’ve ever been in was ele, thief, mesmer, guardian, warrior. I was kicked once from a fractal that wanted full zerk because I had knights armor with zerk everything else. It’s their loss, since I know I would be the highest dps player in the group by a long shot, but their choice to make.

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

The absolute best fractal group I’ve ever been in was ele, thief, mesmer, guardian, warrior. I was kicked once from a fractal that wanted full zerk because I had knights armor with zerk everything else. It’s their loss, since I know I would be the highest dps player in the group by a long shot, but their choice to make.

You make no sense, so i’m just gonna asume you’re a bad player.

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

errrrrrrrrrr

I mean, knight’s is fine I guess, but claiming that it’s highest DPS is srs lulz

Clyan.1593

I really don’t need any suggestions from you, smart boy. If you know how to play ranger there is no reason at all to get kicked out just because some irrelevant people don’t have a clue.

“Bagh Nakh! Bagh Nakh!”

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

errrrrrrrrrr

I mean, knight’s is fine I guess, but claiming that it’s highest DPS is srs lulz

I give out Lulz for free >o<

dutchiez.7502

I really don’t need any suggestions from you, smart boy. If you know how to play ranger there is no reason at all to get kicked out just because some irrelevant people don’t have a clue.

lol

Nova [rT]

Hackuuna.4085

errrrrrrrrrr

I didn’t say knights is highest DPS. I would be the highest DPS because a) I understand and play my class properly while not dying and b) I was the only ele in their group for fgs/icebow/light hammer, which trumps all other dps when used properly.

In the end, I run with 17% less crit damage bonus and 75 less power. Obviously people are allowed to make their own judgement about whether to take me or not. The “heavy only” groups are just sad since being heavy or not is irrelevant as long as you know when to dodge.

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

errrrrrrrrrr

I didn’t say knights is highest DPS. I would be the highest DPS because a) I understand and play my class properly while not dying and b) I was the only ele in their group for fgs/icebow/light hammer, which trumps all other dps when used properly.

In the end, I run with 17% less crit damage bonus and 75 less power. Obviously people are allowed to make their own judgement about whether to take me or not. The “heavy only” groups are just sad since being heavy or not is irrelevant as long as you know when to dodge.

So basically, you’re saying your knights gear is inferior cause you can’t dodge thus we’re allowed to kick you, i’m game!

Best Ele build EU.

Hackuuna.4085

errrrrrrrrrr

So basically, you’re saying your knights gear is inferior cause you can’t dodge thus we’re allowed to kick you, i’m game!

No, my knights gear is because I play WvW and use that with the build I run there. I can’t really afford to make two separate ascended sets, so knights is what I use.

Lindbur.2537

I’d kick someone with that attitude in a heartbeat.

A remnant of times past.

Posted by: Sundar.1735

Sundar.1735

The OP is right. While it is by no means impossible to get into high level fractal or dungeon teams with any profession (or form one), heavy armor professions have ALWAYS been much better options ever since the game came out. There are a few reasons for this. They have greater survivability due to the heavy armor and bring lots of utility to the team in the form of shouts, banners and virtues while dealing just as much, if not more damage than other classes due to their autoattacks which can cleave. In addition to this, the guardian also brings stability and reflect for the team, two ridiculously strong mechanics that make content significantly easier. This has always been the case and I don’t think it is ever going to change. We have just grown to accept this now.

You talk about being kicked from parties for maining a ranger. Try getting into a team as a Necro, it’s even worse.

I don’t do enough WvW or PvP to say whether all professions are balanced in those modes but in PvE they are certainly not. Guardians and Warriors have always been top tier. Mesmers, Eles and Thieves are mid-tier(situational). Depending on what content you are doing, having one of these professions can be helpful (for eg. mesmer in cof p1 gate area for portal, thief in dredge fractal for stealth bombing, ele in ac p3 for ice bow). There is a reason why Engis, Rangers and Necros are so rare in dungeon and fractal parties, especially necros. They have always been bottom tier.

I’m not biased, I have a level 80 of every profession and even though the Necro was my first character I hardly ever play him anymore. I find myself switching between Guardian and Warrior pretty much all the time, sometimes switching to Mesmer or Thief depending on the content I’m doing.

(edited by Sundar.1735)

Posted by: OldSomalia.6180

OldSomalia.6180

It is a statistical obligation that certain things will always be the individual “best”; the real err is in the pug logic of assuming that stacking those individualist “bests” — heavies only — will be even more optimum, instead of diversifying for more party buffs since it is no longer an individual crusade. They don’t try to compliment each other all all. They’re just stacking ketchup and meanwhile mustard is pretty kitten nice.

The idea is so encompassing that not even saying “heavies only”, but posting “DPS only,” results in far too many 5 warrior teams, and it hurts.

So the epidemic is not an epidemic of class imbalance, it’s an epidemic of practicing stupidity. But that’s why they’re pugs! It’s like a warm-up for hard mode (if they ever get around to it).

(edited by OldSomalia.6180)

Clyan.1593

I’d kick someone with that attitude in a heartbeat.

I guess you’d kick everyone you don’t like. Pure fashism. You don’t want me to play ranger? Well, make me stop.

“Bagh Nakh! Bagh Nakh!”

Lindbur.2537

It’s not that I kick rangers, but rather people with terrible attitudes, the list of which happens to have you at the top.

Get off your high horse.

A remnant of times past.

Sundar.1735

It is a statistical obligation that certain things will always be the individual “best”; the real err is in the pug logic of assuming that stacking those individualist “bests” — heavies only — will be even more optimum, instead of diversifying for more party buffs since it is no longer an individual crusade. They don’t try to compliment each other all all. They’re just stacking ketchup and meanwhile mustard is pretty kitten nice.

The idea is so encompassing that not even saying “heavies only”, but posting “DPS only,” results in far too many 5 warrior teams, and it hurts.

So the epidemic is not an epidemic of class imbalance, it’s an epidemic of practicing stupidity. But that’s why they’re pugs! It’s like a warm-up for hard mode (if they ever get around to it).

But what’s the point in diversifying to get different (not necessarily more) buffs when you can just take 5 warriors and faceroll everything before enemies have a chance to do any damage? Sure it’s more fun but when people are running dungeons for money or achievements they want to be as efficient as possible.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

But what’s the point in diversifying to get different (not necessarily more) buffs when you can just take 5 warriors and faceroll everything before enemies have a chance to do any damage? Sure it’s more fun but when people are running dungeons for money or achievements they want to be as efficient as possible.

Then why are you insinuating that people looking for efficiency should be taking more than 2 warriors? You’re contradicting yourself. I know you don’t want people to be taking heavies only but what you said implies that you believe it’s efficient to stack up a team with warriors.

I usually leave a team if it has more than 1 other warrior aside from me (for FotM). It’s so wasteful to NOT have an ele, a guard, a mesmer, or a thief.

As far as dungeons are concerned it’s the same thing. You only want two warriors because it’s a pain in the butt to carry two banners and pugs are bad at helping with that.

Sundar.1735

Then why are you insinuating that people looking for efficiency should be taking more than 2 warriors? You’re contradicting yourself. I know you don’t want people to be taking heavies only but what you said implies that you believe it’s efficient to stack up a team with warriors.

I usually leave a team if it has more than 1 other warrior aside from me (for FotM). It’s so wasteful to NOT have an ele, a guard, a mesmer, or a thief.

As far as dungeons are concerned it’s the same thing. You only want two warriors because it’s a pain in the butt to carry two banners and pugs are bad at helping with that.

Because in most cases, taking 5 warriors IS the most efficient way to play, especially in PUG’s. Maybe 4 warriors and 1 guard/mes/ele/thief, depending on the content you are doing. But damage wise nothing beats 5 wars.

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

Um… eles easily beat warriors DPS wise even without FGS, so do theives providing they have the same buffs as a warrior (which is quite realistic in an organized party) and guardian/ranger are practically the same as a warrior and in fact slightly higher in the guardians case. Stacking warriors for damage is not a good idea.

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Posted by: layzoe.6035

layzoe.6035

There is something called a transmutation crystal. I used it to make my T3 into a berserker set. I use different armor based on looks and change it. It is not that uncommon to do so. Not to mention armor skins, you can put any armor so you don’t know what set the person is wearing. That’s not the best indicator of armor set. Also the build is more important than armor.

(edited by layzoe.6035)

maxinion.8396

Because in most cases, taking 5 warriors IS the most efficient way to play, especially in PUG’s. Maybe 4 warriors and 1 guard/mes/ele/thief, depending on the content you are doing. But damage wise nothing beats 5 wars.

lolz

You’re about 9 months out of date, buddy. Guard / ele/ thief / ranger all bring more damage/ party support than extra warriors. The optimal setup calls for one warrior tops these days, maybe two.

Clyan.1593

It’s not that I kick rangers, but rather people with terrible attitudes, the list of which happens to have you at the top.

Get off your high horse.

Look, mate, there are plenty of people who judge/kick someone only because he plays a certain class, which i am free to find wrong. I’m not defending those who play bad, only the class itself. I rarely have problems with playing any class (i got them all on lvl80) and i really don’t see why people sometimes kick me even before i am able to say “hi” (at least they could give me a chance, to change my char). They have no idea of how bad or good i play. Those are the people on a high horse.
Everything i do is to decide on my own what class i play and if anyone complaints about those issues we all are aware of, it’s absolutely okay to give them an advice as i did. So i apologize if you are incapable of understanding this, but i have to let you know i really don’t care. Have a nice day.

“Bagh Nakh! Bagh Nakh!”

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

guardian/ranger are practically the same as a warrior and in fact slightly higher in the guardians case.

I’ve been playing my guard since game launch and… no matter the build I run I still pull off more DPS on my warrior =’(

Lindbur.2537

Get off your high horse.

Look, mate, there are plenty of people who judge/kick someone only because he plays a certain class, which i am free to find wrong. I’m not defending those who play bad, only the class itself. I rarely have problems with playing any class (i got them all on lvl80) and i really don’t see why people sometimes kick me even before i am able to say “hi” (at least they could give me a chance, to change my char). They have no idea of how bad or good i play. Those are the people on a high horse.
Everything i do is to decide on my own what class i play and if anyone complaints about those issues we all are aware of, it’s absolutely okay to give them an advice as i did. So i apologize if you are incapable of understanding this, but i have to let you know i really don’t care. Have a nice day.

You still don’t get why you’re being kitten on in this thread, do you? It has nothing to do with you playing your ranger, but rather your sucky defensive attitude in here. Right off the bat you’re assuming that I’m a ranger hater. Guess what? I’m training a ranger too for dungeons. If I hated the class, would I have bothered?

Good day to you too, although I hope you dismount that horse before someone shoots you off it with your own bow.

A remnant of times past.

Sundar.1735

Get off your high horse.

You still don’t get why you’re being kitten on in this thread, do you? It has nothing to do with you playing your ranger, but rather your sucky defensive attitude in here. Right off the bat you’re assuming that I’m a ranger hater. Guess what? I’m training a ranger too for dungeons. If I hated the class, would I have bothered?

Good day to you too, although I hope you dismount that horse before someone shoots you off it with your own bow.

There are plenty of people who kick people just for being a particular profession, even if that person isn’t even on the same map so the argument that they kick only because of a particular weapon choice or play style doesn’t hold.

Clyan.1593

Get off your high horse.

Wow, you must be a special kind… You don’t like my bad attitude? I’m okay with that. It’s absolut correct to throw ignorance and contempt at anyones face who tries to force other people to do no matter what. I refuse to support any kind of nonsense, even if it means to join the minority. What a pity there seems to be no hope for you to ever understand that.
Keep the horse blabla going, it doesn’t afford any defence at all.

“Bagh Nakh! Bagh Nakh!”

dutchiez.7502

Get off your high horse.

Wow, you must be a special kind… You don’t like my bad attitude? I’m okay with that. It’s absolut correct to throw ignorance and contempt at anyones face who tries to force other people to do no matter what. I refuse to support any kind of nonsense, even if it means to join the minority. What a pity there seems to be no hope for you to ever understand that.

Neither does your pvt gear and longbow.

Nova [rT]

Dalanor.5387

Get off your high horse.

Neither does your pvt gear and longbow.

ba dum tss

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

That is just so wrong lol. And that is exactly why people are complaining about HEAVIES EVERYWHERE.

See there is good players. That understand that every profession can bring something good to a party. They don’t get bias, they look at fact. Ok so I bring 4 warriors and 1 mesmer that give me a good dps and i runner dungeon faster. Oh but i can build my theif to make as much damage. But it don’t bring enough buff so you can only bring 1. Ok, but what about the Ele. If you focus on damage modifier, the elementalist can bring more DPS than a warrior. Ok good, and you can even build ele to bring crazy might and fury. So you need that much warrior.

See what the mentality of good player is. They don’t give a crap about the profession itself. Only what the profession can bring. You can be good with any profession. You can see a Lupi kill in 41s using 5 rangers. But still nood that will kick rangers without even knowing if the guy have a decent build or a is good, will kill lupi in range mode for about 10min.

The same kind of ppl will have bias all over them.

-I want full zerker (good player want good full DPS)
-I don’t want any ranger, necro or engie (good player don’t mind except if they do record run or if these player bring a bad build or are just bad player)
-STACK YOU NOOBS, faster aggro the CoE Champion wolf before Agent Spire come (good player will now how to use stack and when you better not to stack)
- Heavies are better gtfo with your light and medium (good player will usually have 1 warrior maybe 2, and guardian in some dungeon when support is needed)
- Warrior is the BEST dps of the game (good player know for about a year that its not true. Thief have a better single target DPS when the party can buff them, Ele have a better dps and can bring more Might and Fury, Guardian can have a little bit more dps, but only with Aegis on, which can be hard to maintain).

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

People seem to be under the impression that Looking For a Group for a Dungeon is the same thing as queuing for a Dungeon. It’s not. You can make your own kitten rules for who’s allowed into your group and not. If you’re upset at getting kicked for not being a heavy, what on earth stops you from just making your own post that says “LF 4M, All Welcome” or something like that?

Though to be quite honest, I’ve been PUGing dungeons and fractals a lot this past week, and I have yet to kick any of the awful Bowbear Rangers in my groups. In fact none of my groups have kicked anyone lately. I tried to kick a Condition Guardian but my group told me I was an elitist so I left (I normally would not have cared, but the group purported to be a “Speedrun” so I was a bit peeved).

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Whaaat. Aha. Seems like pugs are still stuck with the “meta” of almost 1 year ago.
/laugh

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Whaaat. Aha. Seems like pugs are still stuck with the “meta” of almost 1 year ago.
/laugh

Fight poison with poison. these forums look like new york

Best Ele build EU.

Posted by: layzoe.6035

layzoe.6035

/laugh

Well, it does take time for information to trickle down unless you have the resource on hand to gain it I am pretty certain that most pugs don’t visit the dungeon forum. These specialized type of info such as meta are obtainable by doing research which most do not bother with unless it becomes common knowledge.

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

thowse are ok in my book, are you sure is not your play style that get you kicked? and you blame the toon?

I made a zerker warrior just for dungeons, is the only thing I play with him, do dungeon fast, no one die(not true :p), dungeons are done “corectly”, you get the money, everyone is happy, including me.
Is about eficiency, I have nothing against ranger except they not as eficient in dungeon. If you wanna play a lesser toon the the tasks at hand its your problem, not the other 4 ppl problem. Embrace reality

I’ve never done any dungeons (only LS instances), and I was just browsing in here looking for tips…but jeez, the way you talk about them, makes them just sound SO BORRRRIIINNG… I think the quoted post here pretty much sums it up… dungeon done fast, is about efficiency… that is exactly the kind of content I avoid in GW2, maybe you guys are welcome to them LOL

Dalanor.5387

/laugh

Well, it does take time for information to trickle down unless you have the resource on hand to gain it I am pretty certain that most pugs don’t visit the dungeon forum. These specialized type of info such as meta are obtainable by doing research which most do not bother with unless it becomes common knowledge.

Until the perception and reality won’t change from “press1 until stuff dies”, this won’t change either.

maxinion.8396

/laugh

Until the perception and reality won’t change from “press1 until stuff dies”, this won’t change either.

plz go press 1 on mossman, lupi, and alpha

kthx