Erroneous Dungeon Token Purchases

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

Ill make it short and quick.

Dungeon armor is sb on acquire.

Today I was about to gear up my thief using dungeon tokens I had been farming for some time. Well I must have been distracted because I bought the entire stat set that I wanted but in the wrong type. Heavy instead of medium.

There needs to be some sort of sell back option if you make this error. Simple way to stop abuse is if you put a different upgrade or wear the armor you cannot sell back.

Even trade token for token. I know its not a huge issue and im not the first to do it, but for those of us who have done it know it really, realy sucks. Especially with PVT gear only obtainable with tokens or badges.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Black Wolf.7348

Black Wolf.7348

dont be distracted when buying items for badges and tokens.
Lots of people make this mistake because your all too impatient to use your tokens. But I dont see the need for a sell back option. If you didnt get full tokens back then maybe a sell back vendor would be nice.

But imo I think the system works just fine as it is. you just have to read what it says on the armor and take your time to buy the correct armor – and buy it with the correct character.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

I would love to have a system where we can get a fraction of the tokens back, which will also solve the problem with those useless superior soulbound runes

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

I would love to have a system where we can get a fraction of the tokens back, which will also solve the problem with those useless superior soulbound runes

I’d much rather have no soulbound crap at all. my warri found 3 sup runes of monk (or more, those are the ones I kept), my thief found 2, my engi 1, my necro 2. and my ele, for which I’d really like to use 2 runes for boon duration only ever found 1 (yeah I know, I can just buy them, it’s just the system in general which annoys me)

soulbound stuff is such a cheap and bad design. account bound stuff is an ok way to introduce high rewards without much possibility for abuse, soulbound on aquire is just useless.

if someone bought a complete set of the wrong armor (ignoring the blaring red text telling him it’s unusable), let him at least use the gear for an alt.

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

You can still salvage them for ectos/orichalcum.

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

I stopped reading here.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Geoffroy.3685

Geoffroy.3685

Today I was about to gear up my thief using dungeon tokens I had been farming for some time. Well I must have been distracted because I bought the entire stat set that I wanted but in the wrong type. Heavy instead of medium.

I feel your pain, it happened to me a couple of days ago. I was in a rush because my guildies were waiting for me to start a dungeon. Bought a chest and a pant part from HotW in medium rather than in light. Salvaged it for ectos / ori, not too much of a loss, I was after the stats rather than the looks, so I could cover my loss in a couple of days in AC.

Lesson learned. I double check now every time. Maybe if there was specific tabs in the vendor dialog for light / medium / heavy, it would be (a) easier to read, (b) harder to buy the wrong stuff, don’t you think?

Also, why doesn’t the stuff is account-bound on acquire rather than soulbound ?
I understand the “on acquire” part to prevent resell on the TP, but since the tokens are account bound anyway… it would make sense to soulbound it on equip.

Amelia Ivardottir — Falconeer (Greatsword & Bows Ranger) — Volcanus
Emmeline Ivardottir — Duelist (Sword & Focus Mesmer) — Sunrise / The Anomaly

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

It’s not the first time this has happened and it won’t be the last. I hope the devs do something about this, it sucks real bad when it happens.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

I stopped reading here.

I think that’s the main problem, not reading carefully or having any semblance of patience.

Posted by: codpin.6542

codpin.6542

It’s not the first time this has happened and it won’t be the last. I hope the devs do something about this, it sucks real bad when it happens.

Dont think that the problem is on the devs’ side, to be honest. Is it that hard to read what item you buy before pressing the button?

Faith of Astora - Guardian | Faith Mess - Mesmer | Faith War - Warrior
Member of ASq Guild – Gandara [EU]

Posted by: Ionut.2307

Ionut.2307

Dont think that the problem is on the devs’ side, to be honest. Is it that hard to read what item you buy before pressing the button?

I believe this has happened to many players. It’s not a question of being careful of what you buy. The circumstances are irrelevant. Wrong click, lag, distraction, misreading, it doesn’t matter. What’s important is that it’s happening and there is nothing a player can do about it.
This type of mistakes should not be irreversible.
A simple solution is to make a 10 min window after you buy where the players can sell the items back to the vendor for a full refund. The window is small enough to prevent abuse like buying a set of gear, do a dungeon path then sell it back.

(edited by Ionut.2307)