Eternal title... meaningless

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Why is the ultimate title of the first wing of the raid so meaningless and easy? You can try it as often as you want per week and doing kills without deaths became normal anyway because it makes the dps checks easier. Basically everyone who killed the raid bosses more than once have it.

I suggest that there should be a better title for wing 2. One where you have to clear the whole raid instance in one sitting without deaths, leaving the instance/changing characters. That way you cannot wipe over and over until everything is perfect but truly have to master the raid wing first.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: SuinegTsol.1729

SuinegTsol.1729

killed all bosses serval times and still dont have it…
But yes, this should not be the “ultimate” title for raids, due to it got nothing to do with your play. After you reached the point you dont die, it’s just a kitten joke. I bet I’ll kill them 50 more time and still dont get it because one funny pro is still to stupid not to do what ever he does to die.

I’d prefer sth like “finished the raid x(3/10) times”.

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I wouldve had this title if it wasnt for a kill bug on sab..

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Cameron.6450

Cameron.6450

Before I killed VG the first time and started seeing the eternal achievement progress, I actually thought from the wording of the achievement that it required a group to run through the entire wing in one attempt without anyone dying once. That would’ve been a fun achievement.

Tomeslave and others – [RISE], [xDDD]

Posted by: EiLrahc.8076

EiLrahc.8076

Just because the raid is easy for you and your raid squad, doesn’t mean that it is easy for the rest.

I am sure there are other ways to gain recognition other than a title. Take a look at the video posted for 5-man VG. Now, that’s quite a feat! But does it ask for a title just because of the challenge? Nope.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Even Combat Healer is harder to get.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Even Combat Healer is harder to get.

Joke on you. Didn’t you carry a lot in Sab :p

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Malediktus.9250

Just because the raid is easy for you and your raid squad, doesn’t mean that it is easy for the rest.

I am sure there are other ways to gain recognition other than a title. Take a look at the video posted for 5-man VG. Now, that’s quite a feat! But does it ask for a title just because of the challenge? Nope.

We have an ever changing squad and often include pugs. You dont need to be hardcore to get kills without deaths.
And making content artifically harder by for example doing it with just 5 people is no interest for us. There is no extra reward whatsoever so why should we put effort into that. We also do not believe in selling any extra spots.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

One where you have to clear the whole raid instance in one sitting without deaths, leaving the instance/changing characters. That way you cannot wipe over and over until everything is perfect but truly have to master the raid wing first.

Sounds cool until you realize that a lag spike, disconnect, hardware or software issue, or unexpected real-life interruption would also disqualify you for a title that you only have a chance to earn once a week. There were titles like that in World of Warcraft, and they were all frustrating to obtain since the things I mentioned were the main reasons guilds failed to obtain it.

Also, from a technical point of view, what you’re suggesting would not work as well as you might think.

One where you have to clear the whole raid instance in one sitting without deaths, leaving the instance/changing characters. That way you cannot wipe over and over until everything is perfect but truly have to master the raid wing first.

Okay, let’s say for the sake of argument that The Eternal did work the way you want it to. Let’s consider what happens when one group of 10 clears the raid, but does not qualify for The Eternal that week.

• What happens when that guild re-launches the raid? Do they get another chance? Or are they disqualified?
  • What happens when 1 new, different person who has not raided that week and thus has not been disqualified for The Eternal starts a raid, and 9 players who have been disqualified join it?
    • Would that 1 person who has not been disqualified earn the title if they happen to meet all the qualifications for it in a new run? Or would that 1 person also not earn it due to his raid being full of people who have died on a previous run?

The only reason The Immortal and The Undying “worked” in World of Warcraft was because you could not re-launch your raid and re-clear it. Once you allow players to do this, you have many things to consider. Also, even they allowed character swapping mid-run because if someone disconnects in between a boss, there’s absolutely no reason to force the raid to underman the boss.

(edited by Nokaru.7831)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

If anyone dies in raid instance the achievement gets locked for each player for that week.

Posted by: harold.3526

harold.3526

If spirit vale had 0 RNG i would aggre.

but i lost he count of how many times we wiped on VG in the first 5 seconds for no reason because he spawned a Green super far away, or a gorseval spirit decided to not move for no reason, or the glider did not open for no reason, or flamewall on sabetha did disapear and and appear far ahead, or i got kicked from gorseval platform by a mob, or i got kicked to the flamewall on sabetha, or i got egged middle air (this one now is fixed) etc, etc, etc, etc

Chaos | Death And Taxes [DnT]

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I think it’s a good achievement with just the right amount of difficulty. If nothing else it shows that a player can and has actually beaten the entire raid wing at the highest possible level (no one dying).

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I think it’s in the right spot.

I can control myself, i cannot control 9 other players.

Given that alone it really doesn’t need to be any harder to obtain.

Malediktus.9250

If anyone dies in raid instance the achievement gets locked for each player for that week.

Yes, that is how I imagine it should work. But restarting the whole instance with a new opener would be a fair option if this is not possible to implement.

If spirit vale had 0 RNG i would aggre.

but i lost he count of how many times we wiped on VG in the first 5 seconds for no reason because he spawned a Green super far away, or a gorseval spirit decided to not move for no reason, or the glider did not open for no reason, or flamewall on sabetha did disapear and and appear far ahead, or i got kicked from gorseval platform by a mob, or i got kicked to the flamewall on sabetha, or i got egged middle air (this one now is fixed) etc, etc, etc, etc

That is basically no RNG but deterministic by the actions of your raid team.

Malediktus.9250

Sounds cool until you realize that a lag spike, disconnect, hardware or software issue, or unexpected real-life interruption would also disqualify you for a title that you only have a chance to earn once a week. There were titles like that in World of Warcraft, and they were all frustrating to obtain since the things I mentioned were the main reasons guilds failed to obtain it.

Also, from a technical point of view, what you’re suggesting would not work as well as you might think.

Okay, let’s say for the sake of argument that The Eternal did work the way you want it to. Let’s consider what happens when one group of 10 clears the raid, but does not qualify for The Eternal that week.

• What happens when that guild re-launches the raid? Do they get another chance? Or are they disqualified?
  • What happens when 1 new, different person who has not raided that week and thus has not been disqualified for The Eternal starts a raid, and 9 players who have been disqualified join it?
    • Would that 1 person who has not been disqualified earn the title if they happen to meet all the qualifications for it in a new run? Or would that 1 person also not earn it due to his raid being full of people who have died on a previous run?

The only reason The Immortal and The Undying “worked” in World of Warcraft was because you could not re-launch your raid and re-clear it. Once you allow players to do this, you have many things to consider. Also, even they allowed character swapping mid-run because if someone disconnects in between a boss, there’s absolutely no reason to force the raid to underman the boss.

Ok maybe leaving the instance should be allowed (eg disconnects, crashes). But switching players or classes should not be allowed. As soon as someone switches classes or a player gets replaced the achievement should be forfeited until you start over. It adds quite a bit of challenge if people would not be allowed to switch for it. Currently I switch classes upto 3 times per raid to reach the ideal group composition for each boss, but if everyone had to pick 1 at the start it would make it a much more valuable title.