Evolved Destroyer.

Evolved Destroyer.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

CoE. P3. Evolved Destroyer.

- Maybe three times out of lets guesstimate, 50 times I have fought time, he has used this AOE Knockdown that almost wipes the team. No its not a tooth. Its him. Its so incredibly rare I never think the incorporate any type of defense to counteract it. But every so often he will do this wierd leap thing where he splashes the floor and it just makes everyone scatter.

Anyone know what causes it, what it does, how to stop it or tell if he will use it etc..

Also My mesmer wants to steal his 25 might stacks to spread to team, but they dissipate often. What is the mechanics behind that?

I think he is pretty balanced post patch with the HP nerf. What does everything think of him now? Pre-Patch this guy used to be complained about just as much as Dwayana did so I am suprised at the lack of chatter now.

Evolved Destroyer.

Posted by: Nekrosses.6059

Nekrosses.6059

Are you sure you don’t mean the effect when his shield regenerates back up?

Evolved Destroyer.

Posted by: Master Archer Nente.9284

Master Archer Nente.9284

When the shield starts to flash you need to get out of there. That is the only AoE knockdown that isn’t the tooth that the destroyer has.

Character: Kyou Fujibayashi ~Mesmer
Guilds: Tears of the Ascended [ToA] | Legion of Dhuum[LoD]

Evolved Destroyer.

Posted by: Goose.5196

Goose.5196

Okay… I thought someone would have answered you by now without thinking you were an idiot… but that’s just how the forums are sometimes. Yeah, he has some kind of jump attack that will knock everyone back. It has happen to me once. It is NOT tied to a tooth strike and is NOT the shield coming back. I know it isn’t the shield because we all got up and started attacking him again. I think you can watch him to see if he does it, but out of running it everyday since like…. December or so, it has only happened to me once. You’re best off not worrying about it. I can’t tell you how to avoid it, because I have only had one encounter with that move.

I don’t want more things to get, I want more things to do.

Evolved Destroyer.

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

ive only seen him do it once out of dozens of runs (a few days ago); the whole team was like ; is that new?

it wiped the whole team (knocked us all into the lava, it definitely wasnt a dragons tooth as he jumped up and blew us all back) and im almost certain it wasnt the shield coming back on (because im always careful to keep an eye on it- though im normally facing away from him when it knocks everyone out; so i couldnt tell if he does the jump up then)

(also mesmer has a hell of a lot of boonstrip -null field, gs3, sword auto attack chain- they couldve been stripping the might off themselves)

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

Evolved Destroyer.

Posted by: TFG.3149

TFG.3149

I’ve done coe p3 over a hundred times this year and I’ve only seen that attack once.
I’ll try to remember to screenshot combatlog if it happens again, although I don’t do much coe anymore.

Evolved Destroyer.

Posted by: hamsteak.1368

hamsteak.1368

hmm… i’ve done p3 quite a bit, i don’t think i’ve ever seen it and i stay down there with him the whole time, that’s strange

Auger Claw (PvE/Spvp) – Thief
Notalkingplz (PvE/Spvp) – Guardian
Rough Trade (PvE)/Urok Ashpaw (Spvp) – Engineer

Evolved Destroyer.

Posted by: Nekrosses.6059

Nekrosses.6059

I did actually do path 3 yesterday, I’ve found out what he means – That is new, I’ve never seen it before. However, it is very easy to dodge once you see the animation.

Evolved Destroyer.

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Yea it happens once in a blue moon

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Evolved Destroyer.

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

I’m pretty sure he does it if a ranger uses Entangle. I used it twice in one fight. He did the pushback each time. I did not use it a third time. He did not use it a third a time.