Evolved destroyer in Crucible of eternity need some reworking

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

Because right now, it is incredible boring and long, specially to the people firing the lasers. The shield downtime is too slow and by the time i go down there, avoiding the fire tooth, i have time to shoot 3~4 times before i need to go back. Wasting even more time.

The mechanics of the fight is great, it just need some tweaks, like a longer shield downtime and more varied attacks for the boss. Force people to pay attention. Not just stand in one place, slowly killing it.

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

The mechanics of the fight are ‘dear god did we bring engineers and/or rangers’. Else you’ll actually have to sit on the pads outside his shield before it goes down, run in, wail on him, run out, repeat.. for even longer than 2 grenadiers chilling would take.

Laser-manning players can speed it up fractionally by running up to the grenadiers and giving them buffs. Thieves give toxins (hahah yeah this really helps, no not really), guardians could give 12 stacks of might, warriors could drop allll the banners, elementalists could make several might stacks, etcetera. It at least gives the cannon-users something else to do.

Posted by: Jim Travakh.7495

Jim Travakh.7495

There are safespots on his platform that any class can stand on and autoattack.

Posted by: AzureDream.4819

AzureDream.4819

Truly boring encounter, and it will be like 2-4 times longer if Anet will remove safespot )

Posted by: Kuthos.9623

Kuthos.9623

You know you can get down to the bottom even before the shields are down. You don’t wait for the shields to go down, then start jumping. You have everyone start each laser and immediately jump down. Everyone has the same amount of time to attack him.

It’s like 6-8 seconds. I agree it should be a little longer, but it’s not -that- bad. Using a safe spot is lazy.

Posted by: Gray.9650

Gray.9650

It’s like 6-8 seconds. I agree it should be a little longer, but it’s not -that- bad. Using a safe spot is lazy.

safe != lazy. why do something extra which is more prone to error (= repair costs and walking time) than shooting him when the shield is down?

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

The safe spot is not supposed to be there.

Also, it might e lazy, but it is the fastest and easiest way, unless you have a mesmer in the group, going down there with everyone isn’t a good idea. Even if you go while the laser is shooting, you run the right risk of getting hit by the constant fire tooth on the platforms, and there isn’t a lot of safe places you can stand, unless you go back, missing even more time for the shield.

I would be fine if they raised the shield downtime to say, 20 seconds. Just add a new attack to him. Make him spawn an aoe to every single platform and area around him, except a few places near him when someone gets very near. This way people will need to coordinate the jump down there.

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.