Exploits and bugs in fractals

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: ehtom.5047

ehtom.5047

It is becoming almost impossible to run fractals without having to put up with exploiters/hackers/bugabusers on my team. When it gets to the level of people walking through walls (like the increasingly popular dredge fractal exploit) it just starts to become ridiculous.

I’m often having to leave groups because of this, since I like actually playing the game instead of just bugging everything. I have also started to report people seriously abusing obvious bugs (like the dredge fractal walking-through-walls bs). However it seems that anet does not care at all – these kinds of bug should be hotfixed not left in the game for weeks. Soon it will be the case that I wont be able to run fractals anymore because I will just get kicked for not exploiting.

Fix this Anet!

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Next

Could you please outline other exploits/bugs you find in the game? If you’d rather not speak in public I’d be glad to PM with you instead.

Known list of exploits/bugs/issues:

1. The dredge fractal exploit – you can walk through the back wall behind the switch that you use to open the door to the next stage.

2. On the colossus fractal the final seal is damagable with certain (aoe?) spells, so you can get the boss to 3/4 hp then just kill the seal.

3. Swamp – It is possible to bug the mossman into a different form permanently, where he no longer has invis or any ranged attacks. Gets stuck in Bear form no matetr what health %

4. In the Colossus fractal, it’s possible to climb the rock to your right when you first start the fractal and range the champ. He doesn’t move and continues to take damage. You can trigger the cutscene before he dies and continue to progress.

5. You can attack a champion (usually the ettin) in the asura fractal using melee attacks while it is still on the other side of the barrier. If you begin attacking it this way and then midway stop and release it the way you’re supposed to, it gets stuck inside its holding cell and the only way to kill it is to get inside the cell and attack it there.
The ettin on asura fractal is attackable through the glass. Whats even worse is if you kill the power node while someone is trying to bug it (there is always someone) he just stays in his cage and you have to fight him inside it.

6. Asura Fractal: Sometimes tom bugs so you cant throw the crystals in their supposed machine. Dont know how to produce this bugs though.

7. Swamp Fractal: One time we bugged Mossman so that he was only visible for 2 seconds before going invisible again all the time and he threw his agony axe out of stealth which made it kinda impossible to dodge.
I think we produced this bug due to kiting him to the “backyard” of his house.

8. Dredge and giant fractal: Our mesmer isnt allowed to use his number 2 staff ability anymore because then he bugs into a wall and does not get out again preventing the whole group from progressing (kinda like he dc’ed…)

9. Ascalon fractal, you can bypass the gate event by jumping over a wall to the left side

10. colossus is when someone falls off and dies instead of respawning in the downed state. I’ve even seen it when the hammer is left floating in the sky when someone dies after falling.

11. killing the Archdiviner before the cinematic bugs out the entire fractal.

12. Sometimes falling off the side of the colossus fractal, you will not get teleported back to a spot you can get res’d at.

13. for Rabsovich, the group decided to pull him out of the room to fight him away from his adds, completely debasing the whole fight.

14. if the hammer is on the ground when the colossus fractal is over and you pick it up before you go onto next fractal – after loading screen – all group moves to the next fractal but you stay behind in an all-empty colossus fractal.

15. Volcanic fractal players are purposely killing themselves in the lava then reviving to avoid the elementals on land for the imbued shaman fight. The lava no longer provides the burn or special debuff after being revived.

16. Jade Maw Fractal – One of our group members was knocked off the edge during the Jade Maw fight, and he somehow managed to make it to the bottom without dying from fall damage. He then described some sort of area where he could see other fractals but not go to them (Ascalon was one of them). Since the rest of us had wiped on the boss, and there was no way for our group member at the bottom to die, there was no way for us to complete the fractal.

17. It’s in the room where the boss is standing next to the vehicle after blowing up the door with the bombs. You’re entire team can stand on top one of the wheels of the vehicle and kill the boss and all the adds that spawn without anyone taking a single point of damage

18. Ascalon: Mesmers cant create Illusions with dodging while being a Charr.

19. Dregde: Bomb path- if you put down several bombs at the same time they only count as one bomb exploding

(edited by Robert Hrouda.1327)

ehtom.5047

The dredge fractal exploit is by far the worst – you can walk through the back wall behind the switch that you use to open the door to the next stage. This allows you to bypass one of the more difficult bits of the fractal since you no longer have to coordinate the first two switches or get everyone inside safely.

On the colossus fractal the final seal is damagable with certain (aoe?) spells, so you can get the boss to 3/4 hp then just kill the seal. I just go afk on that fractal now after the boss is at 3/4 since I know my group will just kill seal anyway. There is a small chance that this is intended, I suppose.

Swamp – It is possible to bug the mossman into a different form permanently, where he no longer has invis or any ranged attacks (or agony?). I do not know how this is done. I have been in groups where the first comment is “bug boss?” on this fractal quite a few times.

(edited by ehtom.5047)

Previous

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Next

Swamp – It is possible to bug the mossman into a different form permanently, where he no longer has invis or any ranged attacks (or agony?). I do not know how this is done. I have been in groups where the first comment is “bug boss?” on this fractal quite a few times.

We’re aware of the other two. Could you expand on this please?

how about FIX not being able to come back in after someone disconnects and other game progressing blocking bugs that have been brought up :/ and get rid of the awful random rng rings drop who’s idea was that?

please keep this topic to exploits. If you have frustrations on other things, please go to the appropriate threads. This thread is about game breaking bugs, so if you have any please post them so I can either add them to my checklist, or ensure the fix is in for them.

Posted by: blud.8174

blud.8174

The dredge fractal exploit is by far the worst – you can walk through the back wall behind the switch that you use to open the door to the next stage. This allows you to bypass one of the more difficult bits of the fractal since you no longer have to coordinate the first two switches or get everyone inside safely.

On the colossus fractal the final seal is damagable with certain (aoe?) spells, so you can get the boss to 3/4 hp then just kill the seal. I just go afk on that fractal now after the boss is at 3/4 since I know my group will just kill seal anyway. There is a small chance that this is intended, I suppose.

To clarify, it’s possible to run past the lava in the dredge fractal and climb up a wall in the back, from there you just jump to the wall with the control panel and the game bugs you through to the other side.

You can attack a champion (usually the ettin) in the asura fractal using melee attacks while it is still on the other side of the barrier. If you begin attacking it this way and then midway stop and release it the way you’re supposed to, it gets stuck inside its holding cell and the only way to kill it is to get inside the cell and attack it there.

In the Colossus fractal, it’s possible to climb the rock to your right when you first start the fractal and range the champ. He doesn’t move and continues to take damage. You can trigger the cutscene before he dies and continue to progress. Otherwise, the fractal glitches (I’m not sure how, I haven’t done this).

Please, some of us like the challenge that the fractals are intended to be. Some people speculate that the only way people are at fractals 20+ right now is by bug-abusing.

Posted by: Denim Samurai.2379

Denim Samurai.2379

not the only way to progress but with the increase in mob hp/toughness it takes a considerable amount of time to make any progress. The colossus starting guy for example still takes ~10 minutes of spamming him from the rock to drop him to low enough hp for someone to trigger the event.

ehtom.5047

We’re aware of the other two. Could you expand on this please?

I have seen mossman permanently shifted into bear form, from 100%-0%, though I do not know how people achieve this. It makes the boss very easy since he is rather slow, has no charge and is melee only.

Also, as another user pointed out the ettin on asura fractal is attackable through the glass. Whats even worse is if you kill the power node while someone is trying to bug it (there is always someone) he just stays in his cage and you have to fight him inside it.

Posted by: elderan.2638

elderan.2638

It seems like the word “exploit” is being batted around a lot in this thread but I’m not really clear what’s the dividing line between exploit and simply learning the map so well you can skip stuff. Happens all the time in dungeons. Is having a thief run past all the mobs to a checkpoint then having everyone die to res at it an exploit? I would say of course not but I guess I’m not clear on the meaning of the term. Is jumping past the barriers on the left ledge on the Ascalonian fractal an exploit? You’re just doing a standard jumps onto ledges. Not sure how the dredge jump is a whole lot different in terms of abuse, the outcome is the same in that your basically not gaining anything except time shaved off your run.

Btw the final seal on colossus is not just damaged by AOE, you can target it directly and attack it. I figured this out my first run on the map when I started auto attacking it by accident. Not sure how that one slipped past the bug testing.

(edited by elderan.2638)

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

It seems like the word “exploit” is being batted around a lot in this thread but I’m not really clear what’s the dividing line between exploit and simply learning the map so well you can skip stuff.

The term “exploit” is much fuzzier than people make it out to be. Exploits aren’t always heinous bannable offenses, nor are they always obvious. Skipping trash mobs via stealth would not likely fall into the realm of exploitation, but skipping major dungeon events (like defending the fire on the ice fractal) would be.

Posted by: Tale.5241

Tale.5241

There is a bit of a difference between ledge jump/running and glitching thru walls though

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

The way this got answered means FotM DC issue isn’t gonna get a fix any “soon” as told, ah finally I know it, thanks.

Or maybe it doens’t fall in Robert’s sphere, unlike the exploits?

I always got a laugh at the people who would bug BackAlleyBrawler, Lead Animator, about powers bugs.

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Dredge and colossus ones are quite big, and those exploits should be removed. BUT first fix reconnecting issue, it’s more important.
Anyway: dredge backdoor thing is obviously an exploit, but what about the colossus first boss? I mean if you’re standing on a rock (which can be climbed by the boss) and you just hit him, is that just considered being smart or is it an exploit? It’s quite a thin line on that one.

Posted by: Valmarius.4150

Valmarius.4150

I can add that, on the dredge fractal, people with blink abilities can port through the walls if they manage to target an enemy. So, even fixing the wall glitch, people will still be able to get in.

Posted by: Shikigami.4013

Shikigami.4013

In a game that encourages thinking “around the corner” (some jumping puzzles), getting to hard to reach places (jumping puzzles and vistas), finding out unusual mechanics (fractals) I find it weird that hitting the seal is just labled as an exploit without giving it any thought.

When I did this fractal for the first time, someone said “once the seal loses its shield, destroy it”. The seal lost its shield, I targeted it regularly and just attacked it, the group destroyed it and the goal was reached. I do not see anything unusual or exploitive in this. Did anyone actually tell the players “you may not attack the seal, it is not intended”? How do players know that it is not just another mechanic that rewards players who are observative of their surroundings (notice that the seal is unprotected) while letting the more slow-witted players who just mindlessly pound on the boss continue the fight for some more minutes before letting them reach the goal too?

I object to being indirectly being accused of exploiting just because I am hitting a seal that loses its shield!

Youtube “L2villagejester”.
People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me
Same for people posting only to tell others not to post (“deal with it”-posts)

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

In a game that encourages thinking “around the corner” (some jumping puzzles), getting to hard to reach places (jumping puzzles and vistas), finding out unusual mechanics (fractals) I find it weird that hitting the seal is just labled as an exploit without giving it any thought.

When I did this fractal for the first time, someone said “once the seal loses its shield, destroy it”. The seal lost its shield, I targeted it regularly and just attacked it, the group destroyed it and the goal was reached. I do not see anything unusual or exploitive in this. Did anyone actually tell the players “you may not attack the seal, it is not intended”? How do players know that it is not just another mechanic that rewards players who are observative of their surroundings (notice that the seal is unprotected) while letting the more slow-witted players who just mindlessly pound on the boss continue the fight for some more minutes before letting them reach the goal too?

I object to being indirectly being accused of exploiting just because I am hitting a seal that loses its shield!

Well, the GM who designed them just agreed that it was an exploit up above. He’s probably not upset at all because its most likely a bug that he will fix..it seems though that its not working as intended. And oh yeah..calling people “slow-witted”..just a nice touch. Im pretty sure you are jumping through the solid walls in the Dredge Fractal.

Shikigami.4013

He did not agree that it was an exploit up above. Maybe you should actually read what he wrote instead of just assuming what you want to hear.

He said they are aware of “the two” without labeling the reported issues as exploits or confirming that they actually are exploits. He could have meant “the two mechanics”, “the two repeatedly reported unusual solutions to the objective” or “the two issues that are regarded as exploits by some players”. Even the person reporting it admitted that he was not actually sure if it is an exploit or intended.

The fact that it does not “seem to” be working as intended to you or to other players does not make his statement a confirmation that people shooting a seal that is visibly losing its defensive shield should be considered an exploit.

And what is wrong with calling people slow-witted? There are plenty of people who just go brain-afk while fighting boss mobs, not realizing anything “subtle” like a shield being disabled on an item they are striving to destroy. Maybe the guardian of the shield is upholding it by force of mind and cannot manage anymore because of the fight, and those people who do notice that the shield is gone are rewarded by a quicker completion?

My point is, there is no way for a player to know if the shield should drop or not. If there is no way for a player to know that what he does is wrong, it cannot be considered “exploiting”.

People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

That “exploit” in Dredge is funny one. Much faster and easier just to do it normally.
If people want to use it I just wait at gates and let them open.

Posted by: zamrai.3784

zamrai.3784

I’m often having to leave groups because of this, since I like actually playing the game instead of just bugging everything. I have also started to report people seriously abusing obvious bugs (like the dredge fractal walking-through-walls bs).

Sorry OP but your judgement is rather ridiculous. People do what they are permitted to do with current mechanics. Because this does not harm anyone just make completion of certain fractals faster I don’t see anything bad in getting advantage of certain objects’ behaviour. In fact, most of pugs I’ve been running with know about these things and use them to advance faster. NO ONE ever complained about this saying “you nasty hackers do it the way I think it is designed or I’ll report you”.

When Anet “fix” this “issues” people will just adapt and do things “normal” way. No big deal. For now, players are doing what any intelligent man would do: running fractals as effective as possible.

And I speak mostly about the Seal issue as I did not even know about the thing with wall at Dredge fractal. Did this one “proper” way many times, even died there, not a big deal also.

(edited by zamrai.3784)

Posted by: Inee.5371

Inee.5371

Bugs which havent been mentioned yet.

Asura Fractal: Sometimes tom bugs so you cant throw the crystals in their supposed machine. Dont know how to produce this bugs though.

Swamp Fractal: One time we bugged Mossman so that he was only visible for 2 seconds before going invisible again all the time and he threw his agony axe out of stealth which made it kinda impossible to dodge.
I think we produced this bug due to kiting him to the “backyard” of his house.

Dredge and giant fractal: Our mesmer isnt allowed to use his number 2 staff ability anymore because then he bugs into a wall and does not get out again preventing the whole group from progressing (kinda like he dc’ed…)

To some bugs mentioned above:
Normally i wouldnt post it, but since there already are very detailed descriptions- here is a video of the giant fractal rock and the dredge exploit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ytoeN1V_RNg#!

Posted by: Tale.5241

Tale.5241

Dredge and colossus ones are quite big, and those exploits should be removed. BUT first fix reconnecting issue, it’s more important.
Anyway: dredge backdoor thing is obviously an exploit, but what about the colossus first boss? I mean if you’re standing on a rock (which can be climbed by the boss) and you just hit him, is that just considered being smart or is it an exploit? It’s quite a thin line on that one.

Actually you don’t need to be on the rock, just anywhere max range (1200) from the boss and you can wail away, and its not from the boss but rather from some point on the map as I have seen thieves scorpion wire the boss to them so that melee could beat up on him without initiating the cutscene

Ditton.3149

He did not agree that it was an exploit up above. Maybe you should actually read what he wrote instead of just assuming what you want to hear.

He said they are aware of “the two” without labeling the reported issues as exploits or confirming that they actually are exploits. He could have meant “the two mechanics”, “the two repeatedly reported unusual solutions to the objective” or “the two issues that are regarded as exploits by some players”. Even the person reporting it admitted that he was not actually sure if it is an exploit or intended.

The fact that it does not “seem to” be working as intended to you or to other players does not make his statement a confirmation that people shooting a seal that is visibly losing its defensive shield should be considered an exploit.

And what is wrong with calling people slow-witted? There are plenty of people who just go brain-afk while fighting boss mobs, not realizing anything “subtle” like a shield being disabled on an item they are striving to destroy. Maybe the guardian of the shield is upholding it by force of mind and cannot manage anymore because of the fight, and those people who do notice that the shield is gone are rewarded by a quicker completion?

My point is, there is no way for a player to know if the shield should drop or not. If there is no way for a player to know that what he does is wrong, it cannot be considered “exploiting”.

Slow witted is a derogatory term, im sorry that it has escaped your attention, allow me the opportunity to let you know its an insult. He lumped an obvious exploit of jumping through a wall in with the whole idea of the shield dropping, also at no other point can you attack those shields, the hammer has to. Logically, its something unintended, taking advantage of an unintended situation is an exploit. They said as much during the entire karma merchant venture. I will give you that at no time did he explicitly state that it was an exploit. Your perception is not the only one that matters and neither is mine, however, the general perception seems to be that it is unintended and thus an exploit.

Shikigami.4013

Ok I did not know it is an insult, although I consider myself pretty good at the language there will always be things that non-native speakers do not express correctly, sorry I meant it like “being absent-minded, not focused, unperceptive”.

About not being able to attack the other seals directly, well the other seals did not have the boss guardian next to them being distracted by a fight over his life, so it is a different situation. I do not agree that it is logical or obvious that it behaves unintended, just because it behaves differently than the other seals.

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

About not being able to attack the other seals directly, well the other seals did not have the boss guardian next to them being distracted by a fight over his life, so it is a different situation. I do not agree that it is logical or obvious that it behaves unintended, just because it behaves differently than the other seals.

The first time I ran this fractal we used the hammer because it was consistent with how every challenge before it was laid out, we went through several phases, saw all of the boss’ mechanics (he throws you into jail and summons spectral adds at lower life %). While I have met people that’ve never done it this way, it is clear in my mind that simply being able to skip the vast majority of the fight by doing direct damage to the seal with any weapon is unintended.

As for the initial fight in the same fractal, the determination as to whether it is illegitimate exploitation, at least to me, follows: If the boss is completely unable to fight back because you’re standing on a hill then the game should cause him to become invulnerable and leash like every other NPC. The problem here isn’t fighting enemies at a range, the problem is circumventing the built-in countermeasures to tactics like these. Either give the boss the ability to effectively fight back at a range, or make him invulnerable if he is unable to do so.

(edited by Tulisin.6945)

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Ascalon fractal, you can walk on the walls to the left and jump over fences. But as far as i see, this doesnt create any advantage lol…

And most of the fractals, you can easily walk past the most of the mobs…

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Posted by: Car.3805

Car.3805

Dredge and giant fractal: Our mesmer isnt allowed to use his number 2 staff ability anymore because then he bugs into a wall and does not get out again preventing the whole group from progressing (kinda like he dc’ed…)

That’s a common bug with mesmer – blink to get out. Sometimes portal will work too.

As for the other “bugs”, some fractals are simply longer than others. The fractals are for the most part fairly fun to play; but honestly, after running them multiple, multiple times in an effort to get those stupid rng rings, please let me skip if someone is ingenuous enough to find some of these crazy bugs. The rewards shouldn’t have been as grindy as they are now.

Posted by: Patrikan Habaton.2548

Patrikan Habaton.2548

if you wanna fix a thing give rejoin function as easy as that some scales are just too easy for some ppl and they don’t want to waste they’re time. as for my group at 34 scale one dropped out coulnd’t rejoin, to maw 1 of the team had your eternal loading screen, at maw I dropped out at half life .. they 2 manned maw at 34 .. but since you didn’t find ppl we did it again .. we did it till the 3rd fractal ( ascalonian one ) just to get kicked by anet error message. mostly using those things doens’t make it from impossible to possible it just saves time.. ( that you probably waste cause of dc) sooo instead of looking into those issues you should better look into reconn function first

ty:)

first scale 81 fractals

Posted by: Catcrafter.3917

Catcrafter.3917

In colossus fractal where you have to hit seals with that hammer, last seal was destroyed by my necro minions lol, not with hammer. So I think thats a bug.

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Considering the Dredge Fractal is the longest fractal and is unbalanced in the number of events and bosses compared to other fractals, I consider it a balance mechanic :p

They should probably look into the bomb event also spawning way more mobs then you could ever kill at high levels basically requiring you to zerg the door with bombs and plant them before dieing or using things like stealth.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Posted by: Helenorz.2547

Helenorz.2547

I think the reason why they made it impossible for people to be able to join is to stop friends from kicking people in the group and then invite their guildies/friends in to get the chest. With that said, there should be a workaround where the dungeons recognizes the people that are in the instance, and thus preventing from other people coming in to get the chests and they don’t get credit for finishing the fractals/moving up the level. Npt the best solution, perhaps not easy either, but it’s a start. Otherwise, simply allowing party members to rejoin might have some issues that we’ve been seeing in other dungeons.

I think it’s fair to say we’ve all done the “exploits” and whatnot because members of our parties wanted to (how else would we learn these things, right?). I always respect the wishes of my party members; if they want to, sure, if not, ok. The thing is, especially with certain areas, the difficulty level has gotten a bit ridiculous (I’m at lvl 19). Unfortunately, the higher we go, (or doing odd numbers), the harder it is to find party members. Right now, I’m running with whoever that wants to run with me, which means I might end up in a group with 3 light armored guys and no tank. It’s worse if they haven’t been fortunate enough to get a ring. So yeah, at that point I wouldn’t mind a little shortcut, just to speed things up/in case someone dc (and that has happen to me, and I wasn’t lagging).

I know the exploits will get fixed, that’s fine, but I would MUCH RATHER ANet to get the DC issues first. I can take the normal as-intended-way no problem, but I do need all 5 members (myself included) to run it or else it’s stupid hard to the point it’s not worth my time.

Posted by: fourpoundburrito.1698

fourpoundburrito.1698

The colossus fractal is amazing, but I have to say that after completing 100 fractals it is a little too long. The final seal bug is now this fractal’s one redeeming feature for me! When you (Anet) fix it will you also slightly reduce the number of hits (i.e. by 1) the arm, chest, and head seals take to break to shave off a little time? Another time waster on colossus is when someone falls off and dies instead of respawning in the downed state. I’ve even seen it when the hammer is left floating in the sky when someone dies after falling. Fix those before fixing the final seal too please

I agree with everyone else that the DC reconnect issue should be priority #1 though.

Previous

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Next

Because people are talking about it, and I’d rather not see it in this thread any more…

DC and rejoining isn’t my department. I’m a designer fixing design exploits/bugs and map exploits. We have people on the DC issue already, and we are working to fix it.

I will be getting a forum mod to come through and clean this thread up. Please keep this thread on topic.

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Could you please fix the bug remove the feature where killing the Archdiviner before the cinematic bugs out the entire fractal?

It screwed my group of our daily dose yesterday. Thanks.

Posted by: Piriel.5197

Piriel.5197

Then I guess on the colossus map if you fall trough the floor if you get blown by the wind on the planks it’s considered a map bug. Your character can still see the party members but the party members can’t see you. This means that if someone falls trough the floor the whole group needs to suicide to reset. I’m hoping this would take the same priority as the other bugs, you know just to kill that feeling that this company doesn’t do anything for the customers.

Posted by: Denim Samurai.2379

Denim Samurai.2379

definitely want to reevaluate the length of the dredge dungeon, cliffside and the mad asura one before fixing the “exploits” people are using to make some of them closer to on -par timewise with other fractals.

Dredge: The “midboss” isn’t difficult but has so much health this takes forever.
Cliffside: This instance is long. Very very long. The archdiviner isn’t difficult but has so much health he takes a long time to kill.
asura: frequency on harpy knockback is really high. The champion shaman and ettin guy just have a ton of hp. Not a very difficult fight but loooooooooooooong.

(edited by Denim Samurai.2379)

Ditton.3149

definitely want to reevaluate the length of the dredge dungeon, cliffside and the mad asura one before fixing the “exploits” people are using to make some of them closer to on -par timewise with other fractals.

yeah no..they are supposed to be longer..just because something takes more time and cant be shortened via skipping mobs doesnt mean its wrong.

Helenorz.2547

I still feel that some of the stuff are not exploits, but a workaround. Some are definitely exploits (like walking through walls on dredge), but that last seal? that feels more like a workaround to me.

Posted by: Hearte.6852

Hearte.6852

A couple other dredge exploits for the list:

Just prior to Rabsovich on the door destruction path. Someone in the group had a stack of Ash Legion Spy Kits, which they used to cheese the door, after we downed a Reverberant and they grabbed the cannon. 10 seconds of uninterrupted stealth at the door.

Also for Rabsovich, the group decided to pull him out of the room to fight him away from his adds, completely debasing the whole fight.

Helenorz.2547

Just prior to Rabsovich on the door destruction path. Someone in the group had a stack of Ash Legion Spy Kits, which they used to cheese the door, after we downed a Reverberant and they grabbed the cannon. 10 seconds of uninterrupted stealth at the door.

Also for Rabsovich, the group decided to pull him out of the room to fight him away from his adds, completely debasing the whole fight.

I don’t think pull him away to fight him is an exploit. That’s a workaround. It’s no different than pulling a small group at a time to fight them in any situation. It’s just more tactical, safer, and much smarter than just charge into a group.

Posted by: Auvic.5679

Auvic.5679

Dredge midboss can be made infinitely simpler if you drag him out of the room and into the tunnel. There, the dredge spawns won’t aggro, so it’s just you, midboss, and the veteran. Kite the veteran away so he doesn’t buff boss, and have the rest of the party beat the midboss into the dust.

Most certainly not a long/difficult fight.

The one related “bug” that I’ve seen, unfortunately, relates to the event where you blow the door up with bombs – after clearing the door and starting the midboss event – and having a new set of spawns, sometimes the tunnel mobs don’t despawn and it’s an insta-wipe due a hilarious number of rifle shots. Hardly kills the experience, though. (Get it? Kills? Hahaha, I’m so witty.)

…I can’t say I’ve had any experience with any other bugs/exploits/glitches, though. I haven’t even been DC’d once, and I’m on fractal 11. Granted, that might not be very far, but it seems about as RNG as the MF, from what I can tell.

Hearte.6852

I don’t think pull him away to fight him is an exploit. That’s a workaround. It’s no different than pulling a small group at a time to fight them in any situation. It’s just more tactical, safer, and much smarter than just charge into a group.

That’s ridiculous. It’s an easy fight regardless. Why would the designers intend for you to make it a joke? It’s not about pulling him away from a group of mobs to be tactical; it’s about completely removing an element of the fight until the boss is dead. Clearly not intended, therefore exploit.

Posted by: Henryik.8260

Henryik.8260

That’s ridiculous. It’s an easy fight regardless. Why would the designers intend for you to make it a joke? It’s not about pulling him away from a group of mobs to be tactical; it’s about completely removing an element of the fight until the boss is dead. Clearly not intended, therefore exploit.

LOL, whats so clear about it? Developers made a fight, players thought of ways to deal with it, and u are calling it an exploit? Tell you what, they expect you to have 20 resist on 20-29 jade maw fight too. If you don’t have it, you are exploiting your way up by letting those who have 20 resist cheese rez you up

Posted by: Slacker.2679

Slacker.2679

When fixing these bugs, there is one thing I would like the developers to consider.

The main reason people take advantage of exploits (definition of an exploit aside) is because a lot of people feel that certain fractals are simply too difficult compared to others. So rather than simply just patching these bugs, I hope that you take into consideration ways to make the the dungeons more enjoyable and fair. For example fractals like Underground (Dredge) and Cliffside put groups with heavy/dps classes at a large advantage, where groups with light/medium builds have a difficult or lengthy time completing them. There is no real fractal that presents a challenge to heavy/tank groups, the only thing I would really consider is Swamp and even that is fairly easy without speed buffs as long as you watch for traps.

I don’t believe the game has an easy way to balance things depending on class, but it’s hard to deny the obvious advantages some have and I would like to see this addressed instead of simply patching bugs.

Hearte.6852

LOL, whats so clear about it? Developers made a fight, players thought of ways to deal with it, and u are calling it an exploit? Tell you what, they expect you to have 20 resist on 20-29 jade maw fight too. If you don’t have it, you are exploiting your way up by letting those who have 20 resist cheese rez you up

And since you believe the folks at Arena Net are gods, can foresee all probable outcomes and do not make mistakes as mortals do, then obviously any “workarounds” are totally legitimate. People Like you really do worry me.

Ditton.3149

I still feel that some of the stuff are not exploits, but a workaround. Some are definitely exploits (like walking through walls on dredge), but that last seal? that feels more like a workaround to me.

Id buy this…if he didnt have hitpoint dependent mechanics and phases. Its built up as a climax, an ultimate battle..whats ultimate about knocking him out and blasting it with aoes? Why are the cages there? why spawn more mobs if the hammer isnt needed? None of that makes sense to me.

Ditton.3149

this I agree with..pulling a mob to be on his own..is just a tactic, not an exploit.

Posted by: fourpoundburrito.1698

fourpoundburrito.1698

And since you believe the folks at Arena Net are gods, can foresee all probable outcomes and do not make mistakes as mortals do, then obviously any “workarounds” are totally legitimate. People Like you really do worry me.

I’m sure they thought of pulling the boss outside the room. Pulling bosses is one of the oldest tactics in book as far as MMO games go. Other fractals have gates that shut during fights so they will add one here as well if they want to.

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

Except that fight is super easy without pulling him, just fight him at the back of the thing and AoE. I have yet to understand why people pull him away, the dredge that spawn aren’t silver ring mobs. They are normal mobs that die in 5 seconds.

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

Helenorz.2547

a joke? no, no one takes it as a “joke”, or make it for that matter. If you’re telling me the ANet intended us to not think outside the box/have our own play styles, and that it is even intended for range class/light armor class to simply charge in like they have nothing to lose, you’re clearly confused about what’s intended and what is not. That’s like saying Kiting and other methods of fightings mobs are a big no-no, and that everyone should just rush them. Workarounds and adopt to situations with the group you have (especially when you have no warriors/guardians in your party), that’s intended; walking through walls, that’s not intended.

Helenorz.2547

Id buy this…if he didnt have hitpoint dependent mechanics and phases. Its built up as a climax, an ultimate battle..whats ultimate about knocking him out and blasting it with aoes? Why are the cages there? why spawn more mobs if the hammer isnt needed? None of that makes sense to me.

yeah…I guess you’re right on that.

Posted by: tyu.9470

tyu.9470

The last seal on colossus i’m sure these hit: Mesmer F skills (the ones that explode all illis.) – The Staff piercing hit of Necromancer. Our ranger also said he could hit it sometimes but we failed to reproduce to see which skill.

Also this leads to another bug i noticed – if the hammer is on the ground when the colossus fractal is over and you pick it up before you go onto next fractal – after loading screen – all group moves to the next fractal but you stay behind in an all-empty colossus fractal.