Explorable Dungeon Difficulty

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Badger.9374

Badger.9374

Lieutenant Kholer in AC is a joke as well. He has several abilities that wreck properly geared and traited characters. Some of the exploration mode dungeons are won through nothing more than attrition and are genuinely unenjoyable.

Giggity.

Posted by: JonnyBigBoss.2071

JonnyBigBoss.2071

Forget explorable, I die 30+ times per Story mode alone and I’m an MMO veteran.

JonnyBigBoss – 80 Engineer
Fort Aspenwood
The Ancient Order [TAO]

Posted by: Kellie.3687

Kellie.3687

@Badger, not to sound like I am trying to belittle your complaint, but the Lieutenant Kholer fight is not as bad as it looks, you have to dodge from ranged when his little black spikes on a string like line shoot out, if you dodge these he does not suck you in and instant kill.

However, it does not solve the issue that, you cannot melee this boss effectively because you will not see the animation in melee because there is no distance for the “spike” to travel to grip, it just instant hits you.

Posted by: Brewbeer.8239

Brewbeer.8239

Lieutenant Kholer in AC is a joke as well. He has several abilities that wreck properly geared and traited characters. Some of the exploration mode dungeons are won through nothing more than attrition and are genuinely unenjoyable.

Actually… You get far more warning from Kohler about the pull-in that the line flying towards you. He pulls back his sword and charges for about a second before throwing the line. Plenty of time to get away. I actually think Kohler is a very good boss, because he teaches you the value of awareness. You need to keep track of both him and his adds at all times, because the adds have to die first, and fast, and if you don’t spot his pull chargeup, you get downed.

Posted by: Hunterdan.4921

Hunterdan.4921

Yeah, this one just takes practice. Watching for his charge, and rolling right as he fires it. Or if you’re ranged, you can just duck behind a pillar, which is what I typically do.

This is actually my favorite encounter so far. If you mess up, you die.