Eye of Janthir mini

Eye of Janthir mini

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Can someone just tell me who thought it was a good idea to make Eye of Janthir tradeable via TP? This is only unlocked to buy after beating W4B2 challenge mode. Nobody deserves to have this mini except people who did the boss…

I urge ArenaNet to hotfix this asap

(edited by Sublimatio.6981)

Eye of Janthir mini

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

Wing 4 Boss 2, actually.

For the same reason Ghostly infusions are tradeable. It gives raiders something extra for their time. People will always pay for exclusive items if they can.

Eye of Janthir mini

Sublimatio.6981

sorry i meant 2, fixed. yes but minipet isn’t an aura -.-

Eye of Janthir mini

Posted by: Rashy.4165

Rashy.4165

It doesn’t matter what it is, it’s an exclusive item that has value, that people are willing to pay for. That’s extra gold in the pockets of players who seek to do raids. Weekly rewards are pretty sparse as it is, and a ghostly infusion or mini every 6 weeks is a good chunk of extra gold.

Eye of Janthir mini

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

sorry i meant 2, fixed. yes but minipet isn’t an aura -.-

It’s a cosmetic. Who cares.

If people want to waste gold on it let them. It’s not like killing W4B2 is even that much of a prestigious thing anyway.

Eye of Janthir mini

Posted by: Mitch.4781

Mitch.4781

Can someone just tell me who thought it was a good idea to make Eye of Janthir tradeable via TP? This is only unlocked to buy after beating W4B2 challenge mode. Nobody deserves to have this mini except people who did the boss…

I urge ArenaNet to hotfix this asap

No one deserves? Listen to yourself. What’s it got to do with you what other people have or have not?

Eye of Janthir mini

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Isn’t it good for frequent raiders to have ways to monetize their currencies? Is this any different from allowing ghostly infusions to be traded?

The weapon/armor skins remain exclusive/untradeable.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Eye of Janthir mini

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

But mini in the other raids are always account bound? I also think it is an incentive to do the bosses all by yourself. Should be account bound. The price will fall anyway, check gw2spidy.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Eye of Janthir mini

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Yeah, I think this is a case where it should be account bound since it’s a minipet. This is probably an oversight, and I hope they address it. That said, I think there should be more things available in a raid that can be sold to maintain the value of the Magnetite Shard. Things like auras are great for this.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Eye of Janthir mini

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Yeah, I think this is a case where it should be account bound since it’s a minipet. This is probably an oversight, and I hope they address it. That said, I think there should be more things available in a raid that can be sold to maintain the value of the Magnetite Shard. Things like auras are great for this.

What’s the difference between a minipet and an aura? They’re both purely cosmetic effects with no objective value. You don’t see people going around with the ghostly aura claiming that they’re awesome at farming gorseval, and you won’t see people going around with the Eye of Janthir mini claiming that they’re awesome at farming W4B2. If anything, the main complaint is that the sellable item from W4 doesn’t have as high of a possible demand as the ghostly infusions do.

Eye of Janthir mini

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

What’s the difference between a minipet and an aura? They’re both purely cosmetic effects with no objective value.

The ‘issue’ is that they’ve set a standard already, and then changed it. Remember when they released Mini Sabetha on the gemstore and everyone got mad? That was because every other raid minipet was acquired in-game. Every raid minipet up to now has been account bound. This one breaks the mold, and so it appears as though it might be an accident and not intentional.

For what it’s worth, auras maintain value better over time when compared with minipets, assuming both have steady incoming supply. After a few months of it repeatedly dropping, Eye of Janthir will be so cheap that it means nothing to anyone. That’s pretty unfortunate.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Eye of Janthir mini

Posted by: OneUP.3024

OneUP.3024

it drops from normal mode aswell, you don’t need to do challange mote do get it. A guildmate got it in his first clear on the first day.

Quantify [qT]

Eye of Janthir mini

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Simple: it was made possible to trade so that you, a raider, could sell a relatively low supply item to other players, non-raiders, who might want it, and make yourself the $$$ from raiding.

I’m sorry you can’t use it as a way to show the magnificent size of your kitten though.

Eye of Janthir mini

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

But mini in the other raids are always account bound? I also think it is an incentive to do the bosses all by yourself. Should be account bound. The price will fall anyway, check gw2spidy.

they did not want it to be an infusion this time they wanted it to be a mini which in the end is the same thing cosmetic items whats bad about it?

Eye of Janthir mini

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

it drops from normal mode aswell, you don’t need to do challange mote do get it. A guildmate got it in his first clear on the first day.

yo delusional elitist is there any cm unique reward in the raid?

Eye of Janthir mini

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

What are you talking about? What has this to do with elitists. In my opinion people who do and can do harder content should get something to show what they accomplished.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Eye of Janthir mini

Sublimatio.6981

What are you talking about? What has this to do with elitists. In my opinion people who do and can do harder content should get something to show what they accomplished.

basically what this post says. + it’s a freaking eye of janthir and not some mursaat chess piece or something.

Eye of Janthir mini

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

Just something for the Op to use as kill proof and discriminate in LFG.

That’s literally the only reason why I can think this would ever be a valid problem.

Eye of Janthir mini

Sublimatio.6981

That’s literally the only reason why I can think this would ever be a valid problem.

think harder

Eye of Janthir mini

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

think harder

Think more*. Fixed that for ya.

And my point still stands. When you argue that something should be exclusive, and you can’t give a good reason why, other than “because x people should be the only ones with it”, then that is the only logical conclusion.

Especially if you are omitting your purpose for wanting it to be an exclusive mini.

It wasn’t exclusive. Oh well. Get over it. There are others that are.

Eye of Janthir mini

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

think harder

Think more*. Fixed that for ya.

And my point still stands. When you argue that something should be exclusive, and you can’t give a good reason why, other than “because x people should be the only ones with it”, then that is the only logical conclusion.

Especially if you are omitting your purpose for wanting it to be an exclusive mini.

It wasn’t exclusive. Oh well. Get over it. There are others that are.

I still don’t get why people are using the term “discrimination” if others just don’t want to play with them.
Nobody is excluded from the content. You can open every instance and play all the stuff in this game. It’s only the question if you are able to be successful or not.
Seriously, you can’t blame experienced players to choose their mates. You have no certain right getting carried.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

(edited by Vinceman.4572)