Posted by: Sesshi.2610

Sesshi.2610

F94 Archdiviner No UI 0 AR – Daredevil Solo

https://youtu.be/Sv0sWjpyiA4

F94 Archdiviner No UI 0 AR - Daredevil Solo

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Are you going to quit or just stopping the solo kittening amazing vids?

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Sesshi.2610

quit and will play black desert online

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

You’ll be back soon then when you know black desert online has no dungeons/raids/end game contents.

Other than the customization it’s losing popularity really fast even in Korea

Reference: http://cdn.gamemeca.com/gmdata/0001/016/546/160210-risell-sw1.jpg
18 is black Desert online and it has weapon upgrade system up to 20+

Tour

Sesshi.2610

You’ll be back soon then when you know black desert online has no dungeons/raids/end game contents.

Black Desert has ‘permagame’, unlike wow and gw2 you always have something to do
and as for endgame, I dont think gw2 has any honestly, or at least it’s very weak
I was done with the first raid wing in 18 hours with SC group, got to fractal 100 2nd day of HoT got to max mastery in a week or so casually and have spent most of my time afking in terrace.
BDO has dungeons and raid bosses, It’s just not the traditional instanced kind that everyone is used to.
And about the popularity in KR, I think It will do much better on NA/EU, but we will see ^^

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I think you will get bored of Black Desert if you dont enjoy grind and semi roleplay. Im looking forward to it for the visuals, the combat and certain roleplay elements. But im not going to assume it will keep my interest for long at this point. The combat will be what decides it. If it becomes repetative too quickly then it wont last.

I only stuck with gw2 this long because of the combat system. But it has gotten quite boring to the point where we need regular skill additions and new content to keep it going. But for the first year that wasnt really necessary.

Posted by: Elomite.2396

Elomite.2396

please keep making videos ;_;

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Korean games make me sad. Lightning in a bottle.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

BDO looks certainly good, but it seems it will get boring pretty fast what I read about it. I’ll try it out maybe. After a short trip to BnS I noticed the high quality of GW2 which almost no other MMO has (except maybe WoW).

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Mosferre.1246

Mosferre.1246

I’ve been looking around at the new(ish) mmo’s and BDO is being pushed by a mate – just bought the basic access. The character creation screen and graphic look good, but a video I watched on YouTube actually started to make me feel sick – all the bouncing back and forth and camera zooming – so in 2 minds whether to drop €30 on it….

Anyone got any insight into the trading mechanics on it?

I came, I saw, I continued watching as I’m a newbie…

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

BDO looks certainly good, but it seems it will get boring pretty fast what I read about it. I’ll try it out maybe. After a short trip to BnS I noticed the high quality of GW2 which almost no other MMO has (except maybe WoW).

The problem with GW2 is not the quality but the lack of content.

By the way, raids are too easy with a dedicated group and a nightmare with pug (in the case you are willing to spend an hour to set up a group).

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

I actually enjoy Blade And Soul. The combat is very fun and while I have a hard time keeping up with the story due to Korean based names, I still like where it’s heading. It won’t replace GW2 for me because I am a guild leader but it’s a nice thing to play occasionally

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I was done with the first raid wing in 18 hours with SC group, got to fractal 100 2nd day of HoT got to max mastery in a week or so casually and have spent most of my time afking in terrace.
^^

Posted by: pranker.3748

pranker.3748

By the way, raids are too easy with a dedicated group and a nightmare with pug (in the case you are willing to spend an hour to set up a group).

The content itself then is big enough, but if you look at it from a casual’s point of view. It might take another year for a random player to get a hang of raids, while more organized groups and hardcore players get over it faster than Anet anticipated.
And concluding from all the known factors right now, it does appear like Anet is trying to keep GW2 a casual game. With that comes lack of high level end-game content.

[qT] Quantify – Hardcore PvE Guild

Zenith.7301

The content itself then is big enough, but if you look at it from a casual’s point of view. It might take another year for a random player to get a hang of raids, while more organized groups and hardcore players get over it faster than Anet anticipated.
And concluding from all the known factors right now, it does appear like Anet is trying to keep GW2 a casual game. With that comes lack of high level end-game content.

HoT is hardly casual.

It’s filled with ridiculous time and goldsinks and terrible rewards, which means if you’re not playing the auction house, your gold gain and thus ascended crafting/legendary crafting/skin acquisition crawls to a snail’s pace.

It’s even worse now because you spend so much time just camping for the right map for meta events. It’s time intensive as hell and casual players really don’t have time for that.

What’s more, the raids themselves are what’s casual. You want real raids with mechanics that set the standard, you go do mythic raids in WoW or Wildstar raids. These raids are fun but no raid that can be completed in under a day or two can be passed off as hardcore raid content.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Black Desert has ‘permagame’, unlike wow and gw2 you always have something to do
and as for endgame, I dont think gw2 has any honestly, or at least it’s very weak
BDO has dungeons and raid bosses, It’s just not the traditional instanced kind that everyone is used to.
And about the popularity in KR, I think It will do much better on NA/EU, but we will see ^^

Time to find a new hobby?

Or play something other than MMOs. If black desert is like every other Korean/Chinese MMO I’ve ever seen, it’ll be a massively soul sucking grind fest, devoid of any real challenge or entertainment.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Sesshi.2610

HoT is hardly casual.

It’s filled with ridiculous time and goldsinks and terrible rewards, which means if you’re not playing the auction house, your gold gain and thus ascended crafting/legendary crafting/skin acquisition crawls to a snail’s pace.

It’s even worse now because you spend so much time just camping for the right map for meta events. It’s time intensive as hell and casual players really don’t have time for that.

What’s more, the raids themselves are what’s casual. You want real raids with mechanics that set the standard, you go do mythic raids in WoW or Wildstar raids. These raids are fun but no raid that can be completed in under a day or two can be passed off as hardcore raid content.

HoT itself is even more ‘casual’ than it’s raids. I reached max mastery (161 at the time) in a week or so, reached fractal 100 2nd day (wouldve been 1st day but team wasnt there untill 7-8 hours after release) wont even talk about personal story since thats braindead afk content except migraine but i soloed that after a few tries.
About legendaries and making money? I made HOPE in a 1-2 months but that was mostly due to not wanting to do the boring and annoying collections which I just forced myself thru in a few days.
then what is left. open world? could you honestly look at the average open world player or someone that does it regularly and say they are any good? nope. TD was semi-challenging but after a few weeks ppl did it with 90%+ success rate and that was with ‘pugs’ on TS.

I still love gw2 to an extent and there are still ‘hardcore’ things to do, a lot less than before HoT and this ridiculous powercreep makes 5 man content completely faceroll and raids easy.

Sesshi.2610

Time to find a new hobby?

Or play something other than MMOs. If black desert is like every other Korean/Chinese MMO I’ve ever seen, it’ll be a massively soul sucking grind fest, devoid of any real challenge or entertainment.

Why would I find a new hobby when I love MMOs I just have a problem with gw2 itself currently.
Honestly ‘grinding’ as a word has been rly hated on in this community but what’s the alternative?
faceroll group content which after u afk in royal terrace all day then wait for new one, learn it in a week and repeat untill u get completely burnt out? noty. I rather have a game like BDO where I always have something to do instead of the traditional ‘endgame’
and about challenge and entertainment? what challenge gw2 has except solo/duoing, even that is pretty easy now in most cases after HoT…
I had more fun in BDO after 60-70hrs in JP client than in gw2 in the past months. and It’s far from a generic asian MMO imo.
I think It’s the best alternative for anyone that is bored of the dull content of gw2 and want to try something new, complex and interesting. but everyone has different views of what entertainment is i guess ^^

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

Things are always easy if you have enough practice/knowledge aka are one of the best.

Posted by: PadreNike.1803

PadreNike.1803

Gl Sesshi, hope you have fun in BDO, your videos have always been an inspiration.
I can totally understand why you’re leaving, gw2 is like that kid in school who everyone says has got "potential’’ that is never fulfilled, the game itself is wonderful but it’s being killed methodically one bad decision after the other in all areas of the game PVP, PVE and WvW (that was already killed long long ago), we are all in that same boat of “waiting for something to happen or things to change for the best” which unfortunately (at least for me) don’t change for the best (most times the opposite happens), I find myself playing less every week, no idea how long that’s gonna last…
I think ANet’s ability to make the right decision without the original gw founders (2 out of 3 left) is very limited.

Bhagawan
My YouTube
My Army

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

That was quite possibly the most boring thing I’ve ever watched. I get that it might have been somewhat difficult despite the evade spam you have access to and they guy being insanely slow, but why? You must have been really bored.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Sesshi.2610

That was quite possibly the most boring thing I’ve ever watched. I get that it might have been somewhat difficult despite the evade spam you have access to and they guy being insanely slow, but why? You must have been really bored.

I get that you are probably terrible at the game and have no clue about soloing, but why comment on a video you didnt’t like, you must be really boring. typical gw2 casual ^^

Sesshi.2610

Gl Sesshi, hope you have fun in BDO, your videos have always been an inspiration.
I can totally understand why you’re leaving, gw2 is like that kid in school who everyone says has got "potential’’ that is never fulfilled, the game itself is wonderful but it’s being killed methodically one bad decision after the other in all areas of the game PVP, PVE and WvW (that was already killed long long ago), we are all in that same boat of “waiting for something to happen or things to change for the best” which unfortunately (at least for me) don’t change for the best (most times the opposite happens), I find myself playing less every week, no idea how long that’s gonna last…
I think ANet’s ability to make the right decision without the original gw founders (2 out of 3 left) is very limited.

Yea I agree Anet made a great base game that I enjoyed for a long time but kept ruining it. sad seeing such potential wasted :<

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

The first wing has three bosses, one was already killed during the beta. 18h for 2.5 bosses with a group that has the best statistical gear in the game is actually not that bad designwise…. Give a group with the same skill level in another game BiS gear and look how fast the bosses die there (Hint: they don’t live longer, most of the ‘difficulty’ there is gear grind, not the encounter itself)

I remember only one encounter from the last few years that was mechanical difficult and thats the elemental pair prenerf from wildstar

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

(edited by Miellyn.6847)

Zenith.7301

HoT is hardly casual.

HoT itself is even more ‘casual’ than it’s raids. I reached max mastery (161 at the time) in a week or so, reached fractal 100 2nd day (wouldve been 1st day but team wasnt there untill 7-8 hours after release) wont even talk about personal story since thats braindead afk content except migraine but i soloed that after a few tries.
About legendaries and making money? I made HOPE in a 1-2 months but that was mostly due to not wanting to do the boring and annoying collections which I just forced myself thru in a few days.
then what is left. open world? could you honestly look at the average open world player or someone that does it regularly and say they are any good? nope. TD was semi-challenging but after a few weeks ppl did it with 90%+ success rate and that was with ‘pugs’ on TS.

I still love gw2 to an extent and there are still ‘hardcore’ things to do, a lot less than before HoT and this ridiculous powercreep makes 5 man content completely faceroll and raids easy.

Yeah, I get your point of view. I think we just used the typical clash of definitions for casual.

It can mean two things: casual as in time requirements, or casual as in skill requirements.

In which case if you use the definition referring to skill requirements, I’m there with you.

I’m not even sure why Anet doubled down on boring zerg “dynamic” events for the entirety of their content for an expansion. It’s virtually one of the features I find most boring about the game.

And it’s SO different from Guild Wars 1, which offered interesting missions with optional side objectives as a measure to add difficulty, and content like Domain of Anguish and Underworld which involved far more strategy and build-making than any crap in this sequel that is a sequel just in name because it virtually abandoned everything that made GW1 unique and good.

Wildstar currently offers a model of optional challenges with additional rewards for bosses in raids such as Datascape. It makes the already tight difficulty of the encounters even more engaging AND the rewards are actually good.

It’s too bad GW2 went to the greedy side of F2P and purposely makes its rewards kitten so all there is in this game is a gold grind for mostly aesthetic rewards tied to the gem store and low RNG drops to be purchased at high prices in the auction house to drive their gem to gold conversion sales up.

Still waiting for that MMO with some modicum of decency to treat its players to something new, fun, engaging, and that doesn’t treat the players just as some Pavlovian experiment to turn them into walking ATM’s.

The first wing has three bosses, one was already killed during the beta. 18h for 2.5 bosses with a group that has the best statistical gear in the game is actually not that bad designwise…. Give a group with the same skill level in another game BiS gear and look how fast the bosses die there (Hint: they don’t live longer, most of the ‘difficulty’ there is gear grind, not the encounter itself)

I remember only one encounter from the last few years that was mechanical difficult and thats the elemental pair prenerf from wildstar

Yeah, don’t even try this crap. This is not remotely the case for WoW mythic and Wildstar raids where people can obtain close to BiS gear long before clear times can approach a single or two raid nights.

Wildstar’s Datascape took 7 months for the first Avatus clear. There is no time gating whatsoever close to that time period, the people were decked in BiS gear by the second month.

You’re being generous with GW2’s content difficulty. Most world first winners in WoW actually beat the race by tunneling gear to alts, crafting pieces of similar ilv to raids and buying the rest off black markets auction houses so they are in no way undergeared. And the average clear times for guilds that have geared up are certainly longer than 18hr.

Don’t try to make this about gear gating when it’s so obvious that GW2’s raid mechanics and combat are very simplistic by industry standards.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Then you just played like insane. I have friends online playing daily and still have not even mastery rank 40. If you rush through content that fast (and probably don’t do anything else in your life) then no game will satisfy you.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Sesshi.2610

Then you just played like insane. I have friends online playing daily and still have not even mastery rank 40. If you rush through content that fast (and probably don’t do anything else in your life) then no game will satisfy you.

I did the mastery thing pretty casually tbh.
Your friends being inefficient/bad at the game or just dont do much pve (if they are still below 40) doesen’t prove anything.
I would hardly call getting max mastery rank in a week or 2 ‘rushing’ you just have to know what you’re doing.
In Black Desert for example lvling is actually takes time, same with getting endgame gear, and ranking up skills etc so Its clearly just a problem with gw2 and other MMOs that cater to ppl that play like 2-3 hrs a week..

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Everyone’s talking here about BDO ehee…
I liked the music but thief has an iframe for every skill so it wasn’t really breathtaking to watch you just time every block/dodge repeatedly. Maybe some other class would’ve been more impressive (i liked your guardian solo with reflects, that was a pleasure).

Snow Crows [SC]

Shaogin.2679

I get that you are probably terrible at the game and have no clue about soloing, but why comment on a video you didnt’t like, you must be really boring. typical gw2 casual ^^

Whoah there, way to escalate things over nothing. Didn’t realize people were so sensitive. Was simply stating that you must have been really bored to do such a thing. If you can’t handle comments without insulting people, don’t post on the forums man.

Gate of Madness

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

Clearly you have more time than most other people. Since there is nothing left for you to accomplish, I understand your opinion. However, many of us have a family and a life and can’t afford as much time to this game. We shouldn’t be punished with insane amounts of grinding to level up, get the best gear, etc. I am more concerned about having content that is fun than goals that take decades for the average person to accomplish.

Zenith.7301

Clearly you have more time than most other people. Since there is nothing left for you to accomplish, I understand your opinion. However, many of us have a family and a life and can’t afford as much time to this game. We shouldn’t be punished with insane amounts of grinding to level up, get the best gear, etc. I am more concerned about having content that is fun than goals that take decades for the average person to accomplish.

He’s not talking about time. He’s talking about efficiency.

To give you some perspective, our Mythic guild in WoW raided only two nights on the weekend, we cleared a mythic raid in about 2 months and then we took a break to do whatever we wanted.

By comparison, your average guild doing 3-4 4 hour raid nights took about 1-1.5 months to clear heroic, and then 3-4 to clear mythic if I’m being generous.

Efficient play gives efficient time gains. When he tells you he maxed mastery he’s probably telling you he used appropriate consumables and farmed the right events/dungeons/locations to make that mastery farm go fast.

I on the other hand have little patience for repetitive farms even when they are far more efficient as was the case with certain dungeons for mastery farming. It would take me far longer even if he and I played the same hours a day.

It’s not about free time. It’s a mindset. Sort of how some people have no qualms about switching to the optimal class and spec to play while others have attachment to their one particular class and stat/trait loadout and are willing to take the efficiency hit.

Zodryn.4216

He’s not talking about time. He’s talking about efficiency.

In Black Desert for example lvling is actually takes time, same with getting endgame gear, and ranking up skills etc so Its clearly just a problem with gw2 and other MMOs that cater to ppl that play like 2-3 hrs a week..

He is saying he did everything efficiently in GW, and, in contrast with BDO, that it doesn’t take long enough.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Pretty sure you are reading into it too much. He just wants to try something fresh on a very different type of MMO. Like most of us who are waiting for BDO.

If you go into BDO expecting to find challenging PvE and establish some kind of efficiency meta. I think you would find yourself very disappointed. Its a sandbox MMO that is a bit more PvP focused currently. Its nice for people that want something fresh. Even us hardcore players dont have to min max every game to have fun. For me it was only something i did in gw2 because i had nothing else to do after a certain point.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Sesshi.2610

Whoah there, way to escalate things over nothing. Didn’t realize people were so sensitive. Was simply stating that you must have been really bored to do such a thing. If you can’t handle comments without insulting people, don’t post on the forums man.

You clearly said that ‘it was the most boring thing u ever watched’
It has nothing to do with being sensitive, i replied in equal respect

Zodryn.4216

He said something you did was boring to watch (understandable for a 20m long boss kill). You said he (as a person) was boring, terrible at the game, had no clue about soloing, and was a “typical casual.” I wouldn’t call that “equal respect.”

Mortifer.2946

GW2 was always a game for casuals. If he didn’t realize it after 3 years and 6 months, it is his problem. Millions of people bought this game because it is different from grindfests like Lineage, or never-ending gear treadmill like WoW with toxicity level 10 000.

I wish him good luck in that Korean grindfest.

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

HoT is hardly casual.

Yeah, I get your point of view. I think we just used the typical clash of definitions for casual.

It can mean two things: casual as in time requirements, or casual as in skill requirements.

In which case if you use the definition referring to skill requirements, I’m there with you.

I’m not even sure why Anet doubled down on boring zerg “dynamic” events for the entirety of their content for an expansion. It’s virtually one of the features I find most boring about the game.

And it’s SO different from Guild Wars 1, which offered interesting missions with optional side objectives as a measure to add difficulty, and content like Domain of Anguish and Underworld which involved far more strategy and build-making than any crap in this sequel that is a sequel just in name because it virtually abandoned everything that made GW1 unique and good.

Wildstar currently offers a model of optional challenges with additional rewards for bosses in raids such as Datascape. It makes the already tight difficulty of the encounters even more engaging AND the rewards are actually good.

It’s too bad GW2 went to the greedy side of F2P and purposely makes its rewards kitten so all there is in this game is a gold grind for mostly aesthetic rewards tied to the gem store and low RNG drops to be purchased at high prices in the auction house to drive their gem to gold conversion sales up.

Still waiting for that MMO with some modicum of decency to treat its players to something new, fun, engaging, and that doesn’t treat the players just as some Pavlovian experiment to turn them into walking ATM’s.

Yeah, don’t even try this crap. This is not remotely the case for WoW mythic and Wildstar raids where people can obtain close to BiS gear long before clear times can approach a single or two raid nights.

Wildstar’s Datascape took 7 months for the first Avatus clear. There is no time gating whatsoever close to that time period, the people were decked in BiS gear by the second month.

You’re being generous with GW2’s content difficulty. Most world first winners in WoW actually beat the race by tunneling gear to alts, crafting pieces of similar ilv to raids and buying the rest off black markets auction houses so they are in no way undergeared. And the average clear times for guilds that have geared up are certainly longer than 18hr.

Don’t try to make this about gear gating when it’s so obvious that GW2’s raid mechanics and combat are very simplistic by industry standards.

You can’t reach BiS gear without beating all raid bosses, also Datascape was one of the most bugged raids ever released, Avatus alone took over 2 months of bugfixing and the elemental pair was considered impossible by the developers before the nerfs (it got defeated once though)

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

(edited by Miellyn.6847)

Posted by: Raizen.7981

Raizen.7981

Sesshi you might wanna reconsider your game choices. For somebody as skilled as you are, BDO is hardly a good fit. The PvE there is at least 2 times easier than the already dumbed down PvE gw2 has. If you felt this game was too easy(and it is), you’re not going to last on BDO. Just my 2 cents

Posted by: Lampshade.7569

Lampshade.7569

What is grinding like in BDO? Lately, it feels like GW2 has a cap on literally everything. Even just selling daily fractal loot makes me hit “too many sell orders too quickly” at least twice.

Also, sick solo, thank you for sharing.

Sesshi.2610

What is grinding like in BDO? Lately, it feels like GW2 has a cap on literally everything. Even just selling daily fractal loot makes me hit “too many sell orders too quickly” at least twice.

Also, sick solo, thank you for sharing.

Grinding in BDO is pretty much ‘infinite’ there is no levelcap basically 1-50 is fast (i think a few days or a week with the adjusted speed on NA/EU, but 15-20 hrs in KR) then 50-55 is slow and 55-60 is even slower and 60+ is very slow, endgame gear takes a lot of time to get. Skills like fishing, crafting etc take quite long aswell. You can make money from a lot of things so there isnt much thats limiting you at doing things daily afaik.

(edited by Sesshi.2610)

Sesshi.2610

Sesshi you might wanna reconsider your game choices. For somebody as skilled as you are, BDO is hardly a good fit. The PvE there is at least 2 times easier than the already dumbed down PvE gw2 has. If you felt this game was too easy(and it is), you’re not going to last on BDO. Just my 2 cents

The combat seems very skill based and Im most interested in doing pvp and just grinding and doing activities like trading runs etc ^^

Sesshi.2610

GW2 was always a game for casuals. If he didn’t realize it after 3 years and 6 months, it is his problem. Millions of people bought this game because it is different from grindfests like Lineage, or never-ending gear treadmill like WoW with toxicity level 10 000.

Ty, I wish you guys good luck aswell in this western AFK because there is nothing to do fest ^^

Posted by: DeoDose.4237

DeoDose.4237

GW2 is the best game to play while learning because nothing distracts you

Zodryn.4216

Ty, I wish you guys good luck aswell in this western AFK because there is nothing to do fest ^^

Please don’t claim that not having a carrot is the same as having nothing to do. Sure you may have maxed your mastery level, played all of the content, have all of the best gear, and feel there’s nothing to work towards. But there are absolutely still things to do. The question is whether you find them enjoyable enough to do without a carrot (xp, collection, legendary, etc) in front of you.

Infinite grind ensures you always have something to work for, but it doesn’t ensure that the way to work for it will be fun. Ideally, you should be able to have both goals and fun. Many people have not exhausted their goals in GW2, and they also have fun working for them. Come tell me BDO is still fun and there’s still plenty to do after spending 10k hours in it.

Sesshi.2610

Please don’t claim that not having a carrot is the same as having nothing to do. Sure you may have maxed your mastery level, played all of the content, have all of the best gear, and feel there’s nothing to work towards. But there are absolutely still things to do. The question is whether you find them enjoyable enough to do without a carrot (xp, collection, legendary, etc) in front of you.

Infinite grind ensures you always have something to work for, but it doesn’t ensure that the way to work for it will be fun. Ideally, you should be able to have both goals and fun. Many people have not exhausted their goals in GW2, and they also have fun working for them. Come tell me BDO is still fun and there’s still plenty to do after spending 10k hours in it.

There is ‘Nothing to do’ (which is smth being said so much in the ‘hardcore’ pve community and ppl spending most their times AFking) in the sense that everything is boring and braindead faceroll. before HoT had daily dung tour, f50/40/30 and duo selling 50 which was my favorite thing to do and was actually rly challenging to do fast and efficiently while having being one of the best gold making methods with TP flipping being #1.

I have 12k hours in gw2 but a LOT of that is AFK or being bored in the game/waiting around.
The reason I’m annoyed at the game to the point of quitting is because they basically removed my favorite things to do (making some builds insanely strong with specializations then dung reward nerf, frac being a lot easier in a group, and u cant sell it anymore cuz no1 buys.)

Also It’s not just PVE, ask those guys in WvW what they think about their favorite game mode or sPvP ppl, its worse for them in some cases after HoT…

(edited by Sesshi.2610)

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Explain to me how GW2 in its current state is any different from a grindfest?
You can do raids for 45 minutes a week and after that you either spend your time AFK in royal terrace, doing dead and unrewarding instanced content or grinding open world for some useless skins because there is no gear treadmill.

This game used to have a decent hardcore community when people actually cared about playing efficiently and trying to be the best, but anet has killed off everything that was left of it

Shaogin.2679

He said something you did was boring to watch (understandable for a 20m long boss kill). You said he (as a person) was boring, terrible at the game, had no clue about soloing, and was a “typical casual.” I wouldn’t call that “equal respect.”

Exactly. But I guess with all the jerks on the forums, people have just become overly defensive.

Anyways OP, you tried Blade and Soul yet. Seems to have a great PvP community, though I didn’t enjoy the PvE side so much. Can’t seem to find much info on BDO as their website is very vague.

Gate of Madness

Sesshi.2610

Exactly. But I guess with all the jerks on the forums, people have just become overly defensive.

Anyways OP, you tried Blade and Soul yet. Seems to have a great PvP community, though I didn’t enjoy the PvE side so much. Can’t seem to find much info on BDO as their website is very vague.

I played BnS in KR servers in 2012-2013 on and off, was decent but It’s a shallow game with nothing to it but 1v1 arena (which is actually rly doing well) but that’s it imo and west release was even worse and f2p is just a terrible business model imo for MMOs.
If you want info on BDO I recommend ‘Hakurai’ and ‘Steparu’ on youtube ^^

Mortifer.2946

You can do raids for 45 minutes a week and after that you either spend your time AFK in royal terrace, doing dead and unrewarding instanced content or grinding open world for some useless skins because there is no gear treadmill.

This game used to have a decent hardcore community when people actually cared about playing efficiently and trying to be the best, but anet has killed off everything that was left of it

Lol….
1. If I’m afk, I go pee or take snack or something….I don’t log in to stand on a spot and do nothing.
2, why would I buy that overpriced royal pass item?
3. When I play, I actually enjoy playing open world maps, or have 1-2 matches of PvP… Then I can do fractals for cash, do some higher level fractal for the achievement…and usually that’s it. 2-3 hours are gone and I’m going to live my life. Have you tried it?

On a sidenote, I did raid for several evenings and I never even beaten the first boss. Finding good people and beating it is taking a lot of time and effort to a person with RL.

(edited by Mortifer.2946)

Sesshi.2610

Lol….
1. If I’m afk, I go pee or take snack or something….I don’t log in to stand on a spot and do nothing.
2, why would I buy that overpriced royal pass item?
3. When I play, I actually enjoy playing open world maps, or have 1-2 matches of PvP… Then I can do fractals for cash, do some higher level fractal for the achievement…and usually that’s it. 2-3 hours are gone and I’m going to live my life. Have you tried it?

On a sidenote, I did raid for several evenings and I never even beaten the first boss. Finding good people and beating it is taking a lot of time and effort to a person with RL.

correction – Finding good people and beating it is taking a lot of time and effort to a player that’s bad and inefficient at the game.
Also pretty much everyone in the ‘hardcore’ pve community or whats left of it has a RL, for example the SC group I was in didn’t get world first full clear of wing 1 because we went to sleep since ppl had exam/work ^^