IG: PanZielony.2843
Other party members: none

Enjoy

#FIRST Whole wing cleared

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Yay, breaking out of the map!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I have never raided but this clearly proves what a joke raiding is in this game. At least in WoW it takes months to beat raids even for top guilds. Even then I don’t understand why anyone would take pride in raids. Anyone can beat the scripted static content with enough practice. Give me truly hard content with dynamic and opponents with brains and you got me interested.

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

Reported. :<

Bullet Punch

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I have never raided but this clearly proves what a joke raiding is in this game. At least in WoW it takes months to beat raids even for top guilds. Even then I don’t understand why anyone would take pride in raids. Anyone can beat the scripted static content with enough practice. Give me truly hard content with dynamic and opponents with brains and you got me interested.

Not really, it’s pretty the same difficulty. Most WoW raids after Wrath of the Lich King got clearead 1-2 days after release. Also, you can clearly see the next tiers of gear (grind) it took sometimes 1-2 months. If you remove the gear grind it’s pretty the same. If GW2 introduced new tier of gear after every raid it would also take a couple of days/weeks to finish a raid. Also, don’t forget that getting gear in WoW was time gated.

The first 40-man raids though and Sunwell were kitten hard. That’s true, but Blizzard took note since only a tiny fraction of the playerbase even went into those raids.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

Why do you even bother voicing an opinion on something you haven’t even tried yourself?

With minor tweaks all of the W1 raid bosses could be made significantly harder, the raw mechanics are challenging but coordination and linear timing of events makes Gors for example considerably easier than he should be, cutting down the time between AoEs, especially the first one which could make the no-updraft cheese significantly harder or near impossible.

very special guild tag [tX]

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Wethospu.6437

Why do you even bother voicing an opinion on something you haven’t even tried yourself?

With minor tweaks all of the W1 raid bosses could be made significantly harder, the raw mechanics are challenging but coordination and linear timing of events makes Gors for example considerably easier than he should be, cutting down the time between AoEs, especially the first one which could make the no-updraft cheese significantly harder or near impossible.

Argue all you want but if someone can get to the end solo like 1 day after the release that says something about the raids.

And that is a really weak argument. If you had played as much as PvP as I have this would be really obvious to you.

Rising Dusk.2408

Argue all you want but if someone can get to the end solo like 1 day after the release that says something about the raids.

Weth, there’s no kill chest for Matthias. The OP broke out of the map and just landed in the temple at the end to pretend he soloed it. The mechanics of the bosses alone clearly prevent anyone from soloing everything.

Also, Weth, if you have ideas for things they could do that would make it “dynamic” while not requiring you fight other players or something, please do tell.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

(edited by Rising Dusk.2408)

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

And that is a really weak argument. If you had played as much as PvP as I have this would be really obvious to you.

I feel bad for you that you think it was a legit solo

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: ForeverAway.5948

ForeverAway.5948

didnt anet say that HOT would have trinty? how did op solo if theres trinty? new raid sounds disapointing

Posted by: Leezy.4567

Leezy.4567

If people don’t get the joke. He just broke out of map to get to the final boss room. That big red crystal wouldn’t be their otherwise. (disappears when you finish Pre event to spawn the boss)

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

I literally can’t take you seriously

very special guild tag [tX]

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

I feel bad for the dungeon forums forgetting its origin

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

Wethospu.6437

Weth, there’s no kill chest for Matthias. The OP broke out of the map and just landed in the temple at the end to pretend he soloed it. The mechanics of the bosses alone clearly prevent anyone from soloing everything.

Also, Weth, if you have ideas for things they could do that would make it “dynamic” while not requiring you fight other players or something, please do tell.

Add some smart AI which actively and dynamically counters what people do so people need to think what they do instead of just doing some pre-recorded rotation. Add some real strategy by bringing more unique and fun roles than just dps only.

These simple steps would easily make the raids a lot more better, fun and improved.

I’d feel bad for you thinking it isn’t… but who am I kidding, you cannot even think.

didnt anet say that HOT would have trinty? how did op solo if theres trinty? new raid sounds disapointing

Agreed. If I had knew this I would have never bought HOT.

So you agree that I was right?

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Talyn.3295

Add some smart AI which actively and dynamically counters what people do so people need to think what they do instead of just doing some pre-recorded rotation. Add some real strategy by bringing more unique and fun roles than just dps only.

These simple steps would easily make the raids a lot more better, fun and improved.

I’d feel bad for you thinking it isn’t… but who am I kidding, you cannot even think.

You wonder why none of us take your serious? Meh you got nothing and spend all your time here try and crying. Just stop, you are embarrassing yourself

Rising Dusk.2408

A lot of people make the suggestion to “bring more unique and fun roles than just pure DPS”, but can you elaborate? Give some examples? In raid testing, ANet experimented with lots of roles, including having people be “runners” where they perform some side mechanic, but preliminary user experience feedback said those roles weren’t fun because you interacted with the actual boss so little.

Also, it’s easy to say “make dynamic AI”, but that ultimately boils down to people working on fixed rotations anyway once people figure out all of the possible permutations. With sufficient complexity, you might create dynamic experiences for lower-skill players, but higher-skill players will figure out the best way to manage the behaviors easily, ultimately devaluing all of the enormous development time that went into that complexity. It’s a bad design.

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

Proof: http://imgur.com/orAjJah
IG: PanZielony.2843
Other party members: none

Enjoy

You sir win as the best troll thread ever. I love the comments your post is getting.

Wethospu.6437

You wonder why none of us take your serious? Meh you got nothing and spend all your time here try and crying. Just stop, you are embarrassing yourself

The moment you take it to the personal level shows that you have no real arguments left. GG, I guess.

A lot of people make the suggestion to “bring more unique and fun roles than just pure DPS”, but can you elaborate? Give some examples? In raid testing, ANet experimented with lots of roles, including having people be “runners” where they perform some side mechanic, but preliminary user experience feedback said those roles weren’t fun because you interacted with the actual boss so little.

Also, it’s easy to say “make dynamic AI”, but that ultimately boils down to people working on fixed rotations anyway once people figure out all of the possible permutations. With sufficient complexity, you might create dynamic experiences for lower-skill players, but higher-skill players will figure out the best way to manage the behaviors easily, ultimately devaluing all of the enormous development time that went into that complexity. It’s a bad design.

Just look at what PvP are doing and take inspiration from that. It’s not very difficult but I’m not here to do their jobs.

Talyn.3295

The moment you take it to the personal level shows that you have no real arguments left. GG, I guess.

What arguments did you really have to start with? You said that raids were to easy because someone “Soloed them”

No one soloed them. Which is what I said in my post, then you went for the personal attack. Whatever. Just go away, I am not gonna waste anymore of my life on you

Posted by: Bloody.2089

Bloody.2089

Guild Wars 1 ended with EotN because they did not release more content.
Guild Wars 2 ended with HoT because they did not release more content.

Can you see the match?

One of the small elite team who isn´t affected by idiocy.

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

I don’t know what’s more impressive. Weth commiting to his troll post that much or people actually falling for it.

Bullet Punch

Posted by: ForeverAway.5948

ForeverAway.5948

im glad i didnt. i play this CASUAL game bc im a CASUAL player. never tryed raiding bc raids for HARDCORE player.

gg anet, even with ‘trinty’ players solo the ezpz faceroll pve. next these losers gon sell ’n scam raids just like dungons and fractal
smh

Posted by: franco.2645

franco.2645

I really can’t tell if people telling Wethospu that no one soloed this are being serious. In any case, I share Sandy’s sentiment!

Wethospu.6437

im glad i didnt. i play this CASUAL game bc im a CASUAL player. never tryed raiding bc raids for HARDCORE player.

gg anet, even with ‘trinty’ players solo the ezpz faceroll pve. next these losers gon sell ’n scam raids just like dungons and fractal
smh

Finally someone speaks sense!

Posted by: PanZielony.2843

PanZielony.2843

I really can’t tell if people telling Wethospu that no one soloed this are being serious. In any case, I share Sandy’s sentiment!

But i did it solo…

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

How many bosses are in wing 2?

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Rising Dusk.2408

Just look at what PvP are doing and take inspiration from that. It’s not very difficult but I’m not here to do their jobs.

I’m not sure I follow. How is player versus player relevant to AI for raids? Do you want raids to be 10v10 PvP modes?

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Best thread 2k16.

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

I don’t know what’s more impressive. Weth commiting to his troll post that much or people actually falling for it.

nonono he’s 100% serious

Attachments:

Wethospu.6437

If you want defend this kind of content it’s not really my thing. I’m out.

Rising Dusk.2408

If you want defend this kind of content it’s not really my thing. I’m out.

Sorry, it’s in my nature to try and get useful information out of even the trolliest of threads.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Impressive. Well done. I think it shows true skill that you managed to solo it. Ignore that hater “Wethospu”. He doesnt know anything.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Too many people are falling for bait. It’s starting to make me doubt now…

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

I can take same screenshot for the first boss and pretend I’ve solo it.

But well some people still believe the troll xD

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Good old dungeon forum is back. Gj Pan.

Attachments:

Talyn.3295

Meh, I blame the fact that I am not feeling all that great that I was even baited into responding. But I am sticking to it, and not gonna feed anymore trolls in this tread.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

This thread is gold.

Posted by: Fennec.2961

Fennec.2961

Who’s trolling who now

Fennec YT
I approve records and stuff

Posted by: PanZielony.2843

PanZielony.2843

Good old dungeon forum is back. Gj Pan.

I’ll do my best with 3rd wing too

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

Oh this is truly sad.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Oh this is truly sad.

Im in tears.

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

A thread that keeps on giving.

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

So….PvP?

Even the most hardcore of hardcore raids are scripted static content. They’re just tuned so tightly as to be impossible to complete unless everyone in your party plays like a machine.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

I don’t play this game anymore, but I still check in the forums from time to time. I just want to say I appreciate that after all these years the dungeon forum still maintains remnants of its former glory.

Incredible trolling.

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

Nevets,

come play with me, We can be bitter old forumites without a raid team together.

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

What you want is PvP then.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

kitten kittah, 10/10 “got trolled hard”.
Solo/troll expert commitment.

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

(edited by RSLongK.8961)

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

That is a fine idea, but let me give you an example. In Skyward Sword, a certain boss will block or intercept all of your attacks based on the way you hold your sword. He dynamically counters what you do. You can try forever and never hit him. To beat him, you must hold you sword so that it seems you would swing one way, then swing a different direction to fool him.

This was a very cool mechanic when I first played the game. Like any AI mechanic, though, once you know how it works, you can account for it and the fight is far easier. Knowledge is power.

All you can really do is make mechanics more complex and require fewer mistakes to succeed. Or you can make mechanics that are totally unpredictable and unfair, but then it’s more about luck than skill.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Nice.

Attachments: