FOTM Asuran level Harpy invulnerability

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: dabomb.4056

dabomb.4056

I find it really annoying when the harpies become invulnerable even when u haven’t hit them on this level. Can u please fix this?

Rekz – #Getgud, Champion illusionist

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

Even on melee they became invulnerable. Sometimes, not always.

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Make uneven, geometrically fubared, difficult to traverse JP in middle of a dungeon.

Populate with AoE knockback mobs.

Update combat engine to render mobs invulnerable on certain geometrically fubared terrain, or non-LoS pathing situations, erring on the side of invulnerability.

GG ANet.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

The only, only only time I’ve ever had them go invuln was when someone attacked from range. Don’t attack from range.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: Lionvandepol.4238

Lionvandepol.4238

The OP is right, the invulnerability is extremely annoying. I believe it was desinged to counter elementalists from nuking them with Meteor Shower. While I think this was a very cheap ‘fix’ and not the way to handle these kinds of problems (getting knocked off will sometimes give me the invul too, while staying melee), we have to live with this anyway. Some tips for this fractal:
*Killing the first two Harpies and then stealthing your party with a thief (smoke screen + blasts and then Shadow Refuge) will let you skip all the other harpies.
*The other option is to kill them all. This can be easily done by using reflecting/absorbing skills like Feedback, Wall of Reflection, Shield of the Avenger, etc. When synced correctly, you won’t get hit at all.